Squenix looking for DRM stronger than Denuvo before releasing NieR Automata on PC

archive.fo/a6cvE
Looks like we might not only have to wait longer for the PC port but it might have even stronger Denuvo than usual.

Squenix is pretty receptive to feedback though, they even made Denuvo-free Linux ports of Shitman 2016 and Dude Sex: Manhole Divided so we need to tell them on social media to either make an OSX/Linux port or remove Denumale.

Remember anons, complaining about corporate bullshit on Holla Forums is fine and all but if you actually want to change things then you need to use normalfag social media and vote with your wallet. Make pro-consumer practices more profitable than the alternative.

Other urls found in this thread:

whyisdenuvobad.github.io/
archive.is/bR0Sn
dsogaming.com/news/square-enix-replaces-nier-automatas-latest-trailer-mentioning-the-pc-release-date-from-its-press-site/
twitter.com/swine_flu__h1n1/status/833808197513211904
youtube.com/watch?v=v8DwSrHJtGE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nothing in the article suggests that, eat shit.

This thread is Gawker tier click bait.

They're not launching the PC version at the same time as the console version because of how early denuvo is getting broken. It says absolutely nothing about waiting until a stronger form of DRM is developed.

Oh and before anyone starts regurgitating myths like the SSD thing please read this before complaining about the specifics of Denuvo. It doesn't destroy your SSDs or eat up significant performance but there are legitimate concerns with Denuvo like the inability to play games through WINE, inability to modify executables, and the install limit/online checkins associated with it.
whyisdenuvobad.github.io/

Did you actually read it? He said that they need to have DRM that is stronger than what other recent games have been using (RE7) because it was cracked so quickly. Obviously that means they either want a DRM that is stronger than Denuvo or an improved version of Denuvo and the fact that they even considered using Denuvo in the first place is bad enough. This might be one of the only good games that comes out this year and it'd be a shame if it was only playable on P$4s and protected by Winblows-only DRM.

Then what does this mean?
What does "do something" mean in this context?

:^)

>>>/cuckchan/
The only reason people hate Denuvo is due to the fact that you cant get DRM free copies

mods will ban you for anything mildly anti-PC, even the most obvious of bait OP. You can only joke about consoles here. sorry you'll be banned because thinskinned faggots can't take a joke and will get baited hard

xD

Denuvo only makes games slower, not powering them at all.
Fucking clickbait journos tying to justify their meme diplomas.

what. It is most certainly related and an apt assumption to make, are you stupid

Nigger I was the fucker that shared that Dsog article on the Nier general and now we have retards blowing this up out of proportions.
Get fucked

I see no reason why this would be a bad thing.

They'll probably just delay it on purpose to milk sales for PS4, put it on sale for 20% to grab those last few shekels, then release it on PC, still with Denuvo, just in case.

Calling it right now.

Why are all the people who write about games fucking retarded? Did they drop out in 3rd grade?

You know what's the kind of piratefag on Holla Forums that i hate the most?
In fact, i'd go as far as to say it's -the- single type of person on Holla Forums i hate the most.

The "i'm making a point" kinda piratefag.
The "i'm voting with my wallet" piratefag.
I fucking hate them.
Because it was never about that, Holla Forums doesn't "send messages", Holla Forums is, by definition, a completely arid nuclear landscape where pretty much no dev will ever, in any case, make a fucking profit.
Holla Forums doesn't pirate shit to send a message, or vote with their wallets, Holla Forums pirates shit because getting free shit is better than paying for shit.
It's that easy.

I respect the pirate that flat out admits "i want free shit, that's that", than the pompous asshole that seriously think he's making some kind of personal statement or that his insignificant niche on an insignificant board makes any difference whatsoever if he pirates or purchases something.

I cheer for honest pirates that admit they just like free shit.
I cheer for share threads, where people that like free shit share it with each other.
I spit on "pretend" threads such as this one, you're no better than the lying jew that's trying to rip you off.

and there are people that try to advocate mark disabling the filter for sites

Thank you, holy shit

The site filter is fine, too bad about Mark fucking up pretty much everything else.

Kill yourself Denuvo kike

only thing stronger than Denuvo at this point would be something like Shitman, where you could maybe only access saves, etc. with always only connection. we might be seeing Triply Ayyyyyy committing sodoku soon if they keep this shit up.

The port will probably come in 6 to 12 months, with denuvo. There may be performance issues but platinum has been good about it so far. Their PC ports have been adequate. Game will likely be released at $40 instead of 60, but PC gamer types don't buy games full priced except for blizzard games and cod

Still waiting for them to force cloud saves on their servers. Then I'll know it's time for me to stop playing video games.

Life is suffering.

I think it's sad people who don't have a ps4 think this. It's like nigga if you're so desperate just get a used one, I see em for 175-250 all the time. You'll probably be a lot happier too.

No fuck you, I'm not a poorfag and I could pay, but I do pirate because I want to see if I;ll like the game or because I'm giving the finger to the devs. Yeah, at the heart of it I guess I just want free shit but you need to fuck off if you think piracy is just for muh free shit.

What if I'm the piratefag that buys things on GOG so I can be the first one to upload it?

Isn't the PC version foreigner only? Famitsu only lists it as a PS4 game.

pretty low quantity of square enix's new release on gog there. I think you may be stuck waiting.

They'd be dumb to use Denuvo. Games actively perform worse with it, sales and technical. Just give the PC users the same demo PS4 got, some goodies like wallpapers, OST etc. and you're set. Also make sure the (((localization))) isn't shit. That's the best you can do. Give PC players a good port that runs well and a chance to try before they buy.

There is one, it's called "Making a good game that people will want to buy". No one knows who made it and their marketing is so shit that not a single big name publisher has used it, but it works great.

Impossible. You're better off just keeping it in Japanese.

just not on pc according to steamspy numbers, they mostly buy meme games and multiplayer shit on sale

Hey, squeenix, how about
releasing a demo on PC so you don't get fucked because of shitty marketing
Or does SONY pay too much to keep quiet about PC version to actually consider doing that?

I wish they'd release a PC collector edition. I want a 2B statue.

because they barely help sales

nigga you are asking for too much, the platform has no physical or collectors market stick to hearthstone and overwatch funkos smh

Tell that to MGSV

Opposed to DRM?

Show me those amazing games from your DRM shitbox, friendo.

kys

it secures the initial sales. This is a tested method that you may not like - I don't like it either, but we're seen as fanatics that wouldn't buy it anyway (I don't buy PC games, but console games are at least worth owning physically)

1.2m mgs5 sales, 700k gz sales. There isn't sales info for mgs5/gz on consoles but I get the feeling it was very very well received in terms of sales - just judging from how almost every other game performs.

yakuza 0, gravity rush 2, nioh just to get you started on your collection. Have fun platform warrior! If you want to be a cuckchanner, stay there.

You're so full of shit, nothing but a cuckchan tier bitter brand loyal ignorant Sonygger talking out of his ass as usual.

-Butterlord
-Ace Combat 7
-Ni no Kuni 2
-Shenmue 3
-Kingdom Come Deliverance
-Spellforce 3
-Cuphead
-Ultimate General Gettysburg
-Yooka Laylee
-A Hat in Time
-Baldr Sky
-EDF 5
-Berserk Musou
-Call of Cthulu
-Sonic Mania
-Divinity Original Sin 2
-Dusk
-Endless Space 2
-Factorio
-Frozen Synapse
-A.I Wars 2
-Strafe
-Routine
-Rimworld
Man, I sure do love videogames

Sony has been trying their hardest to hide info on the PC version so that people will buy it on the PS4.

Ask him about the sales on his exclusives.
See just how much of a multiplat machine his fucking device is.

CHECK OUT THIS CONTROVERSIAL DRM I GOT HERE

He says as he shills for DRM.

if stating the reality of how the industry works is shilling to you, no wonder you're so angry.

They're stopping it from appearing in any stores or on any websites too then. It looks like a PC release is an NA/EU only thing.

wouldnt be the first time iirc. it'll probably steam only

steam?

Exactly.

Call it shilling or weak bait, it doesn't matter.

Yeah man, Arma 3, XCOM2, CiVI, Dark Souls 3, Witcher 3 sold really badly at launch and later.
Unlike Mankind Divided, Shitman, Womb Raider and Just Cause 3 which sold so well, I'm sure Enix is on the right path.

Pro-consumer practices are already more profitable
Piracy being a large threat to sales that requires DRM to solve is a meme perpetuated by software engineers that want in on that sweet vidya money but can't make a game

You fags will just pirate it anyway.

I'm glad Denuvo exists and I hope even worse DRM comes out, fuck you stupid faggots, pirate fags and steam killed PC.

(you) for the platform warrior

nier automata will probably be steam exclusive, unless you were talking about something else in which case my mistake

yeah mgs5 did pretty well on pc despite the drm, funny isn't it. cherry picking examples doesn't prove the industry will magically listen to you when they don't give a fuck about fucking xcom 2 lmao

Ah, was wondering if "steam" was being used as some new slang to refer to selling well or poorly. Guessing it's some kind of PC thing then?

Except the only ones suffering because of it are legitimate consumers. Sounds to me like you're getting real desperate, mr.denuvo employee.
I'd start applying for other jobs if I were you.

yep, steam exclusive, with drm are all assumed due to the patterns from squares previous major releases on pc.

What the fuck?

tbf people cry about some games here for weeks/months about denuvo cracks not existing. its only recent that cracks have been happening quickly after release.

I mean, you do remember, right? It wasn't even a year ago. You aren't that new here, yeah?

Please name them, because the majority of games that use Denuvo are straight up garbage.

How much do they pay you per post?

MGSV launch was abysmal on, even MGR and Ground Zeroes did better.
There was shitton of commotion due to Konami and Kojimbles at the time.

What the fuck am I reading?

Not going to buy a game that has intrusive and restrictive DRM slapped on it. Period.

Well there is that one fag who keeps bitching about total war or whatever it's called.

The fact that they cried about it means it didn't work though
Nobody saw they couldn't pirate, caved in and bought the games, they just waited

Yeah, I think he's just an autist for warhammer though. There are warhammer mods for the older total war games that are far better.

unravel, doom, mad max, mgs5, deus ex 4, dishonored 2 had people here upset about denuvo preventing them from accessing the games at launch and for some time after launch.

You have been here for more than a few months, right? I mean it's not hard to not know this, its been floating around the catalog and front page in every thread about those games.

yes there was, and the game still sold very well for a pc release

you do see how this affects the most important sales, week 1 sales, right?

Wait, now I'm confused, is Steam a console, or a program, or what? Do PC games require certain base programs to run at all now or something?

Sorry if I'm confusing things, never heard of this steam thing.

What the fuck? If that other user is right then it doesn't affect week 1 sales at all, they either pirate at launch or wait for the crack in a month and pirate it then.

and that is people who want to play your game but not buy it, affecting week 1 sales.

Do you actually live under a rock? How did you find this image board? How are you presumably posting on a PC and you don't know what steam is? Have I been rused?

denuvo is uncrackeable though, reports of it being cracked are fake news.

o im laffin
All of them are shit and no one cried that they just couldn't handle not being able to play their new hot garbage.
You don't actually fit in, bro. You stick out like a sore thumb.

If someone acts like a retard it's either a retard or a troll. Neither is worthwhile for a conversation.

I don't know how fugged something has to be before third parties stop getting paid for something that doesn't work. Does some have the dog headed human eating potatos gif I don't have it.

Migrated from 4chan when m00t went irredeemably faggot.

Depends, what is it? Google-fu is returning it as a digital download service thing, and if that's what we're talking about, digital isn't really a thing in my country.

I remember Sonyggers like yourself crying about no games and people completely disregarding every Denuvo release until Total War.

Total WaWa is pretty good though

Stop posting you retard

Pick one.

Games with Denuvo don't sell substantially better on week one than games that do not. It does nothing other than create additional hassle for the consumer

Actually, since the game was cracked that fast, I'm pretty sure they got a refund. They've got a guarantee on the DRM.
Honestly, your best bet to kill Denuvo is to hope a bunch of shit gets hacked real quick and they run out of money.
They probably take out an insurance policy, but if it keeps happening they'll stop being offered one and have to pay out of pocket.

One of their suits went out of their way to make clear that they didn't actually do refunds, which is why they're getting desperate because no one will bother with them if they keep getting blown the fuck out.

They can say whatever they want publicly, but I don't think Denuvo would mysteriously disappear from games if that were true.

Yeah, I love it when Reddit tries to justify their piracy with "I-if I like it… I'll buy it l-later though!!"

Always take the moral high ground in EVERYTHING, especially when they are morally wrong and it doesn't even matter in the long run.

wow

Fuck off faggot, I buy games all the time and I pirate them all the time too. Every time that a Denuvo game has had its Denuvo removed in an update I have bought it immediately even if I don't like the game (Shitman 2016, Total Warhammer, Dude Sex linux versions as well as Inside and nuDOOM on Windows).
Out of all those games I'd say the only ones that might be worth a purchase under regular circumstances would be Hitman 2016 and nudoom. They aren't perfect but they can be pretty fun. Inside is a 2D walking simulator, Total Warhammer is an alright TW game but it doesn't surpass Medieval 2 (or even Shogun 2), and Aug Lives Matter is sometimes fun for the gameplay but the shit story and amount of emphasis on it makes it hard to recommend.

Anyways you're just projecting your shitty consumer beliefs onto honorabru pirates, don't assume that everyone else is as shallow as you.

You only get a refund if you remove the Denuvo from your game in a patch, that's what happened with Inside and nuDoom.

I'm yet to see a single game worth playing that has Denuvo. As in I wouldn't even pirate these games anyway.

Eat shit

you don't need 10 paragraphs to explain it. nuDoom is allright, but if it had more enemies at any given time, it would at least be good. A clear case of console limitations making a game worse.

Social media has no moderates capable of being convinced, it's infested with shills that defend every action of their precious multi million dollar corporations because of brand loyalty, look to the Zelda DLC announcement for a perfect recent example. Voting with your wallet doesn't work when you can get maybe a few thousand people at the very most to cooperate with you on it. Idiots with too much money have overtaken this hobby long ago, DLC being accepted was the first major sign of that and the second would be every console adopting paid online. Our only hope would be a crash that's never going to happen because the shiteaters outnumber us 100,000 to 1.

I do refuse to support these devs and always wait for a crack or at least buy used, but it's entirely on principle. I have no delusions about actually changing anything with my severely limited actions.

Oooh, ooh, I know of a good drm.

Making a good game.

But then again, Square and Japs in general wouldn't know a good game even if it sucked their tiny pricks.

It will be cracked in due time after it finally drops. I'm not too hyped for it anyway. Nier was the only game in the series that wasn't almost physically painful to play and it only rose to serviceable tier. The storyline is the only reason I forced myself through the Drakengards and I don't know if I can force myself through another mediocre game. The waifubait is nice but hopefully Platinum isn't putting whoever did the TMNT games on this one because story and pretty girls can only get me so far.

TARO IS SUCH A GUD GUY

MUST DRINK JAPANESE SEMEN

-Holla Forums poster

Holy fuck is OP the same asshurt nigger that was trying to spread this shit in the last NieR thread?

I do not many multiplat games which DO NOT HAVE DELAYED PC RELEASES.
Especially when the devs are mainly CONSOLE DEVS.

I will believe it when I see them confirm it.

THEY NEVER EVEN SAID THEY WOULD USE DENUVO IN THE FUCKING FIRST PLACE

YET NIGGER SAY IT AND ANONS BELIEVE IT AND NOW ITS THEY ARE DELAYING IT FOR MORE SHIT BETTER JUST SAY FUCK IT AND BUY THAT PS4 GOYIM WHILE YOUR AT IT GET BB TOO AS ITS BETTER THEN ANY SOULS GAME EVER!

Make it server based always online like Diablo 3 or PSO2.
Boom problem solved.

t. asshurt nigger

Hi OP

b-but not single person…

Boom, what a great fix.

Everyone on this board waited NiER 2 on PC because they could pirate it. Almost all people who actually buy video games have PS4 for physical releases, since on PC you own nothing, just various Origins, Steams and Uplays. Its not called owning a game. Its all shit. That's why consoles are superior for user with money, and PC is for pirates only those days.

It doesn't get cracked and doesn't affect performance unlike denuvo, it's a win-win situation.

Buying disc for PS4 doesn't mean you "own" it either, since you still need online verifications, patches, registrations and shit. It's just overpriced plastic.
Well you DO own plastic, sure, but not the game on it.

Is that what d3 players have been saying.

I am both sony user and a pirate.

What a bunch of lies, you don't for singleplayer games.

Make a good game with easy buying transaction?

Come back once you learn English, nonwhite Sonynigger.

Games never work on day 1 nowadays, neither on PC nor on consoles.

Oh yes you can stay offline and try to run not working broken mess without day 1 patch, sure. Absolutely nothing like PC.

Good excuse.

And on PC you can't even install games offline anymore, you're forgetting something.

NO DRM

Excuse for what? Either playing on PC or PS4 you get to deal with this shit. Don't play new games if don't want that.

As I said, good luck running anything without going online ever bruh.

What is ps4?

Aight.

That worked so well for SimCity

You're mad bro. I never had a single fucking problem with any game i bought for ps4.

At least i am not privileged, and bunch of white folk defend my rights.

Ps4 is no more drm than x86 is from preventing you from running windows applications on your ARM phone.

SimCity wasn't the only game with constant online requirement.

lmao what did he mean by this

SimCity was just an excuse for DRM. Shit like Diablo 3/PSO have game logic and scripting server side, which basically have to be written again by anyone that wants to emulate the server/make it offline.

Sorry, i meant your flip phone you slav shit

Anyway, reminder that if you're not going to buy Nier, you are killing gaming industry and part of the problem why its shit. Its good to pirate trash games to see why its trash, but its bad and morally disgusting to not buy good games, especially japanese ones that rarely get to the west anyway.
If Nier will sell like shit, its your fault.

but what if I think nier is shit?

Good joke, both my friends who own one have ran into problems.
GTAV woulndn't run without updates and would constantly get stuck on loading screens sometimes outside GTAV.
The other friend saw issues on the HDD as he saw some savegames deleted out of the blue one day, as he was about to play Driveclub his disc would be constantly be spit out.
After turning the consoles power off and then on again the fucking thing started making scratching sounds and wouldn't boot, the HDD went to shit.
3 fucking years
I know a guy that went through 3 Xbones after the first two went to shit.

Reminds me of fucking household aplliances, in the old days they were meant to ladt, now companies make sure kts longetivity is short so they can constantly profit out of you.

You go to reddit.

But you will be able to run windows applications on an ARM device
archive.is/bR0Sn
All you need is a comparability layer, same way apple ran PPC software on x86, but in reverse.
There's also plenty of DOSbox ports for android, and some windows apps will run.
That's not the issue here.
If you can't install and run the game without the disc inserted, the console isn't DRM free.

Sure lad

Those two are mutually exclusive :)

Same situation with modern cars and PC hardware, you just can't run away from constant low quality jewing.

What's with the abundance of Sony shills lately? I don't recall the shilling being this bad in a long while.

x86/x86__64 isn't the only processor architecture out there, newfag.

So if I don't buy every good game out there, I'm morally disgusting? No wonder you third worlders are poor, you faggots don't know about restraint and piss away what little money you have on frivilous bullshit instead of unfucking your lives and infrastructure.

I'm pirating Nier, making a webm and sending it to Yoko Taro via Twitter just to trigger you and all the weeaboo Sonygger collective.
I'll be sure to seed and share as well

Who are you quoting?

E3 soon, ps4 pro failed in sales, new last of us. A lot of reasons to hire new shills tbh.

What do you expect them to do, play video games?

i agree but what does it matter if they make a good game if people will fuck it up when localizing it?
then after the game comes with full censorship, agenda pushing and third rate puns, they will go

lel

i no rite

They've always been here but they had no leg to stand on since their piece of shit device had no games, since the latet PSX however they've crawled out of the woodwork and have declared all of the non released games announced there as the greatest games ever made with Nippon steel folded over 1000 times due to exclusivity.

Now said games have been released and they're strutting around like only their shitty device has good games.

You wish, fucking kikery sold more than the Slim, expect Apple iPhone tier shit and retards defending it, already faggots here defending the Pro and even the Scorpio

I expected to not fall for kike practises but I guess thats too much to ask from this goddamn board since the beginning of 2015.
You'll be seeing lots of people buyimg Ys8 regardless of NISA, I'll tell you that much.

wait what?!
you better be fucking with me

I know, it's hilarious. They run around telling others to vote with their wallet, that this is a disaster, to contact devs and yet they'll be the first to choke on that dick once it's released.

I will pirate every single game that even considers adding Denuvo.

But why pirate shit

Is there already a company ready to take Denuvo's place?

Because don't you know that when you pirate a game, you are taking billions of dollars away from game companies? So why not pirate as much as you can to make the company die faster?

Tbh I've been pirating skyrim and fo4 for years now and bethesda is still alive so I don't know.

I wish, check the Falcom or Falcom NTR lel threads user, NISA held a livestream 3 days ago to announce their 2017 lineup and Toshihiro himself announced NISA was localizing Ys8.

Maybe I was fooling myself, but I miss when the users of this board actually held some fucking values.
I mean, at least back then AAA shit was sagebombed/dubsbombed to death or even porn dumped to death.

Bethesda will only die when you personally bomb their HQ and all the files they have, including the ones saved on the interbutts

That's probably the best explanation.

I don't even care about Ys and I know, at least it's coming to PC, maybe there will be a fan retrnaslation hack down the road for all you Ys fans.

Now you can't even bomb fo4 threads because hotpockets will ban you.

I don't know how you found this place but you need to leave.

Unlikely, the Denuvo team is mostly ex SecuRom devs/Sony employees subsized by some AAA fuckers, one of which is undoubtly EA.

If Denuvo goes down it will take at least a few years for another third party universal DRM such has this one to appear.

Also, after this month 3DM supposedly will begin cracking shit again after their year long pause to see if Denuvo affected sales AKA "Denuvo paid us to shut it down".

Man I need to watch the Enma-kun reboot.

I need to watch it just for the Ice Slut

There's another called "making a game so shit it's not even worth the bandwidth of a pirate". Everyone in the AAA industry is using it.

Kek, it's an actual shill. Someone is not getting their cents tonight.

Good for them! I like "Squeenks". They finance good games, and sometimes they even try to port some. But they don't know how to market them.

So we (the westerners) get only 10% of the amazing publishinga librarianna of Japan. Of Squeeenks, of cource. This might seem weird, OP, but you need to fuck. And fuck off.

Go see the actual games in the Japanese market.(or emulate) Most of them are shit but fun. Some are great.

I'm just a Nagaifag in general but yeah I would an ice slut

Do you feel it?

Haven't seen this particular adaptation, but

afk crying bitch tears because even if it's not the same as the manga's ending there is no way it's having a good ending unless it's as toned down as the old TV show was.

It's okay user, I don't mind if you're a poorfag or just don't like paying for shit. But for those of us who aren't poor, and for those of us who have grown past babby's first cynical thought, providing our token support of a product we're satisfied with is appealing (especially if physical copies are available), moreso in an industry where dogshit has become the norm.
I've pirated many games I was unsure about, and later bought several of them, even ones that gave me no advantage to buy (multi access or whatnot). I got to make sure I wasn't being fucked over before I parted with my shekels, and I was saved of several instances of buyer's remorse on unfinished, agenda-ridden or plain old bad games.
If you just can't/don't want to pay and can't be fucked, fine, but outbursts of anger and meme insults towards people who can/do support the system when it behaves is awfully autistic.

WEW
I honestly don't know which ending is more depressing
Yeah, the last OVA just kicks your teeth in though

Just for the sake of being 100% clear, when I say toned down anime, I mean the one that aired on TV, vid related. Nagai's stuff naturally had that happen to it a lot back in the day, but nowadays we can get OVAs that are more in line with his stylings.

Yeah, thats the one I had in mind

Fair enough and man, I enjoyed Shin Jeeg, but it was way too short and could've been so much better

I don't care. I was going to pirate it no matter what

It's that one Sonygger who pops up from time to time. He's out in full force in the PS4 Pro thread too.

kek

Thats it for pirates, piracy is dead!

A little bit too early but now he's not entirely wrong. I won't be playing Bloodborne until there is some way to play it without owning a Bloodbornebox.

This is hilarious when I've got a stack of burned Dreamcast CD-Rs right next to me.

I think he was pretty wrong.

Do you also buy your cars without test driving them?

FOUR HUNDRED BUCKS PLUS SIXTY

Time to learn the meaning of the lunar runes, user.
It will only take two years, better begin now.

lol
dsogaming.com/news/square-enix-replaces-nier-automatas-latest-trailer-mentioning-the-pc-release-date-from-its-press-site/

I googled it and there were like three sites saying it was then it wasn't then it was again. Fucking squeenix messes up every time.

These are probably the Sonyggers that feel the need to defend their precious company whenever possible just like the rest but are fed up with SJW shit on the usual sites like NeoGAF so they come here.

That'd be the animefags

Reminder that if you buy games on console or games protected by Denuvo you are killing gaming industry and part of the problem why its shit. Its good to buy DRM-free games to encourage developers not to lock their games down, but its bad and morally disgusting to not buy games locked to shitty systems like Winblows and the P$4, especially japanese ones since you're encouraging the only good devs to gimp their own games.

If this shitty industry continues without changing, its your fault.

I guess Sonys transaction was kind of late

You're the one that's getting shafted meanwhile I play my DRM free version of the game you bought.
So? it's like you're saying backlogs don't exist. By the time something gets cracked it will be up to date and all dlc available and wont have to put up with launch fuck ups like most recent PC titles because of poorly done ports. But then again it really doesn't matter to me since the only one thing that deters me from buying and pirating is games being shit and having uncompressed files that take 60+ gigs. I can fill that up with mongolian cave drawings that will last me longer than the 20 minutes of playing a shit game then uninstalling.

Is correct. I just want free shit, I'll never pay for a game again as the industry has gone down the toilet even after I spent a significant portion of my cash as a youth on said industry and on non-shitty games, for the most part.

Your purchases literally make no difference as for every one of you there's 10,000 other morons out there who've already bought causal dreck instead. People pirating games then buying it later are first, retarded, second, making no difference and third, probably lying just for the faux self righteousness of sounding like a good goy, patting themselves on the back so hard they break their collective wrist.

Irony is they miss that it just makes them sound like idiots paying for something they already have and announcing on the interwebs that that's them 'saving the gaming industry' while bad un's like us just ruin it despite the fact that we'd not pay even if we could and thus we fund no-one making the situation worse.

See, this is literally the only person in this entire thread i respect.

Post is 17yrs old

I'm getting mixed signals here. Are you a liberal or a trump supporter? 'Cuz you sound like both right now.

Guaranteed replies

Third-worlders don't exist on the internet.

Perhaps people are harder to pigeonhole than you'd like.

Okay, liberal it is.

You're a faggot.

Game is confirmed to release on 3.07.17 for ps4 and 3.10.17 for pc.

Oh my what a delay whatever will we do.

user, check

Well apparently the PS4 release date is real. I can sell my PS4 now. Bought it for Nioh (shit) and Nier (shit) & persona 5 (fuck it). More money for me. Will definitely play on PC with 144hz even though it's shit.

All these crazy combos and none of the enemies fight back in any compelling way like say Bayonetta. It's so fucking dull.

Of course, it looks like no physical PC release.
Is that really too much to ask?

No point, it would be costly and they would only release a goddamn CD key anyway.

Did you try to remove your flag? Or are you trying to label yourself as bait?

I don't know what to believe anymore.

Reminder you faggots refusing to buy actually good games made with care because of arbitrary shit like Denuvo is the reason why shit like Horizon and Overwatch is going to become an industry standard for the next few years

You reap what you sow, you ingrates

Bugger off.

The game is the same price on both PC and PS4, so cost clearly isn't a factor here.
Physical copies cost virtually nothing to produce, and if done right (not relying on platforms like steam for installation), you don't lose 30% immediately to the retailer.
They can produce retail discs in packaging for

Low to mid energy bait won't get you enough replies to justify it.

You'll have to be more sophisticated for profitable trolling in these waters.

A Squeenix website had that video, Gematsu stole, Squeenix updated the video but Gematsu has yet to update it or their article.

If you say so, I'm pretty sure they just don't see it as a decent investement, especially since the CDs will all be Steam keys since they want the Steamworks DRM placebo and a centralized platform to sell their games.

So the squeenix video with the release date on PC is the official one then?

March 10th is the Euro release date. Squeenix just fucked up and said that was the Steam release date.

So we don't know the PC date yet?

no DRM is uncrackable. stupid fucking kikes.

they're not even good kikes, because kikes are smarter than all other races, these kikes are just shitskin races TRYING to be kikes, and failing at it.

Nope

I made a tweet complaining about potential NieR Automata DRM then Yoko Taro followed me
What does it mean, Holla Forums?

MAXIMUM HAPPENING ALERT

God fucking damnit.

it means its time to murder

That's the only reason why they aren't doing it.
They would have to pay to manufacture discs AND still lose 30% to steam, which is fucking stupid.
It's just an instance of suits being too dumb to make money.

Its a ruse

Wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last.

They need another Admiral Perry, maybe then they'll FINALLY catch up

man pc gamers are constantly getting fucked, gotta wonder what it's like to be so sore all the time

Fuck off retard, most ADULTS pirate shit to try it and see that it'll run and that it's fun, then they BUY it to support the devs.

See: The entire Witcher Series, and DX:HR

Are you mentally challenged?

Look harder
twitter.com/swine_flu__h1n1/status/833808197513211904

pc gamers =/= adults, you live with your mommy

This

Go on.
Keep giving A MILLION FUCKING REPLIES to the anti-piracy trolls, that will surely fend them off.
You all know the answer to his points. You all know it's been discussed to death. You all know you have points they can't counter and that discussion is pointless.
All you're doing is showing this particular subject makes you nervous

Fuck off with your high horse bullshit.

points like

nigger, don't tell me you ever believed the lies we say about piracy. How fucking new are you?

Fucking Twitter wouldn't give me anything and I spaced everything right.
Really fucking strange.

Thanks though

Buying a tennis racket is a DRM that prevents you from playing table tennis.

Not those points. I've pirated games all my life, I don't need a bunch of retards on an imageboard to form my opinions or the basis of my morality, and calling someone a newfag is certainly not gonna make any individual with an IQ of more than 2 digits change his mind you weak, uncreative baiter.

You are incompetent, they should hire people who have at least some lurking experience, can't believe they actually pay you.

Do not reply to cuckchan refugees who don't know what IDs are

I'd love to get paid for shitting on PC gamers, but it's purely for my amusement, and many people have seen the reality that the platform is one built on lies.

I'm sure you have, I do too, in fact I'm helping crash the re-seller market by getting people into the saturn and teach them how to flash AR carts so they can play burned games easily. But you never said you buy any games, so I think it's safe to say you don't, and you are in fact a 100% I just want shit for free fag

this. please ignore those shills, they are truly pathetic

nice trips but you still don't know what a shill is.

Trips confirm. No replies.

Nowhere does it say that in the article. Fuck off with your clickbait.

It could be a coincidence but the game does have dual audio and they liked the tweet well before announcing that there would be.

Social media is also what got us the PC port of Dark Souls 1 and that port's success (despite being shit) was a huge factor in why so many Japanese games are getting PC ports now.

lolwut

Let's see for a minute
Sounds like third world to me.

All of that sounds exactly like the US though.

You know I actually bought a few games that used denuvo. Every single one of them either crashed almost immediatly or simply would not launch at all. All were also refunded promptly. Given that the pirated versions work fine, I have to assume that its denuvo that is the problem and simply will not purchace a single game in the future that uses it, or has used it.

sauce?

kill yourself.

my internet cuts itself whenever the fuck it pleases, that would make it impossible for me and many others to play.

must suck to be a third world gamer. I mean pc gamer.

I still remember the user that not only pirated ea games, but seeded them for at least a month because as he figured it, every single game he helped seed is another purchase ea was denied and he could burn them out by attrition. Gotta respect that level of hatred for a company.

it's the kind of autistic level of dedication I can admire, even aspire to with some of my own hobbies

and at least he's honest about it

I don't pirate and all this DRM is fucking it up for the paying customer. People who critise DRM have usually had terrible experiences with it from purchased products, not pirating (in which case the DRM is usually stripped).

True. A man should strive to be honest at all times, and be as dedicated as that user was to destroying ea.

You're probably shadow banned there or something alike. Look up how despicable those (((fuckers))) are. Checked

I don't know why this pic makes me think of the Home Improvement grunt.

However the demo sold me on NieR Automata. I would never even considered touching this otherwise.
Despite having to jump accounts for it, because it was actually locked behind PS+ in my region.

It is twitter's job to make sure only the correct opinions are heard, after all.

They deserve each other. The most anti consumer faggots with the most anti consumer program on the market (well some Japanese DRM is on the same level).

Was going to cancel my PS4 preorder when I found out its coming out a couple days later on Steam, but now I'm not sure.

it's not coming out on the 10th, that was the original planned release date, but it's been delayed for "months."

Well fuck.

PC gamers harassing yoko taro for not knowing pc release date, typical

Did they harass Yoko Taro into canceling the PC version?

src is yoko taro game director, pc nigger

hopefully, heil hitler

PC version is foreigner only, I doubt the guys making the actual game have anything to do with it

they do, platinum is handling it in house and taro announced it himself - revengeance success of 600k owners on steam (lukewarm compared to consoles, but still good for PC) was a compelling case for a late port.

this is why the japanese industry is superior

That's really fucking odd, most people here just see it as an eroge platform, and it's only getting a foreigner release.

Hey, knock yourself out.

But when the future is filled with SJW identity politics, walking simulators, and amazing gameplay like this instead of fun gameplay and glorious 2B ass, I'll be in the first "WAAAAH WHAT HAPPENED VEEE" laughing at you ingrates

it's coming out on the 10th you bakas

What is exactly wrong here? I only see someone abusing its camo index to kill some dumb ai

Not here, only in foreign countries

wait, so it's european only for PC?

I highly doubt that.

we can't confirm it though, because squeenix released that trailer accidentally, then pulled it and changed it so only the console release was shown. All we know officially is still just early 2017.

Shitting up the threaf with cuckchan tier lingo and console wars
Feels great knowing I will never be this pathetic.
You forgot to call people poor for not having a PS4.

Stop pretending you still live in Japan David Kun.

It's Westerner only, dunno which of you that is though.

Can we please not do this on Holla Forums?

I don't normally, but its Yoko Taro.

Once again
PS4 DRM WITH DENUVO WAS NEVER CONFIRMED
PC DELAY IS REGULAR FOR MULTIPLAT RELEASES
BUT PLEASE SPREAD RUMORS AND BUY A PS4 GOYIM

Good goy, remember to buy all the video games from "vidya heroes" :))

"Stronger Denuvo"

Not possible, as hardware ID string encryption keys is the strongest thing you can do for Key checks, and once you understand what the key checks are doing its easy peasy from then on out

"blah blah blah PC piracy sales blah blah"

Nice to know Yosuke Saito knows nothing about piracy

Forget about the fags who LARP that they're some freedom fighter, just pirate because nothing is worth paying for. I don't want to pay $60+ for DRM and dlc trash that wasn't even that good to begin with. There is nothing wrong with digital piracy.

Pffahahahaahahahaahahaaahahaah

I don't know why anyone would think that is getting delayed for months. They're pulling the same trickery as Nu Man's Sky, basically ignoring the existence of a PC release. And that game's PC release was 3 days after the NA release.

Now, nobody can guess the release date at this moment but I would say that March 10 is still very possible. I guess that we'll know for sure in a few days.

Oh, and fuck squeenix for not making a single comment on this.

Am I the only one here who has never pirated a game in my life, and at the same time have never bought a bad game?

Pirating a game that you're boycotting just shows you have no principal and can't wait to feed your degenerate hobby instead of improving your life.

fuck off faggot

tl;dr, have some screencaps

Fuck off.

Well, that just proves you're retarded.

But they aren't wrong. Why the fuck would anyone cater to people who are going to pirate it anyway? That's just retarded.

Yeah, nobody here bought Witcher 3 and MGSV.
Nobody here is buying Nier
Nobody here bought EDF
Nobody here is buying Ace Combat 7
Nobody here is buying Serious Sam
Nobody here bought the Binding of Isaac
Nobody here bought Postal 2
Keep posting though

Ain't that the autistic guy who keeps spamming Panzer Dragoon Saga everywhere?

I can sure as hell tell you that buying derivative trash like Reddit won't solve anything retard. Vidya is gonna end up just like modern movies, where most are trash sequels and every once in a while you'll get something that had someone put effort into it. There's nothing we can do because low effort trash will always make the big bucks because there will always be a lowest common denominator to buy it.

/r/games is better than cuckchan/v/ but
/r/ gaming is worse than neogaf

Also, daily reminder that Drakengard is better game than Nier.

nah

8/v/ > /r/games > /r/gaming >>> neogaf = 4/v/

You're not saying that game's bad, are you?

No, I'm saying you should stop posting it everywhere like some bloody autist. It's borderline avatarfagging.

More like, he hasn't made a game I haven't liked so far. If this one turns out to be shit then I won't trust his games enough to preorder anymore.

The whole point people are so hyped is because its being developed by by
Platinum so the combat will be at the very minimum mediocre.

Personally, could give a shit about Platinum.

TMNT combat was not mediocre. It was just bad.

The point is that the game will actually have non shit gameplay.

TMNT was a rushed licensing job with Activision publishing it.

So was Transformers Devastation and yet it managed to not be completely terrible like TMNT. Point is that Platinum is perfectly capable of botching combat.

They actually had a budget and decent deadlines for Devastation and Korra unlike TMNT which barely had a budget and had like 6 month dev time.

It was no different from the Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 release.

But it's coming to PC anyways?

with diddleneuvo and sometime way after the spoilers start dripping out

But there is no point to preordering and you are actively HURTING Yoko's games by doing so. When you preorder a game, you are sending a message to the publisher that says "I don't care if the game is good I only care about the marketing." When they hear that message, they'll put a bigger portion of the budget into marketing on the next game and you'll end up with a shittier game.

This is what voting with your wallet really means, it's not just about buying good games and not buying bad ones. Think about how a publisher would interpret your purchase. If everyone did that then this industry would instantly turn from garbage to great and the "I'm only one sale in a sea of millions" mentality is the same one libcucks had when Trump got elected.

the game is good is the problem, you did play the demo right? You can play it, right?

The game came out today, you might as well consider it spoiled by now.

I've got a PS4, but would really, really prefer a PC version still.

Japanon, why do you like posting on an English video game board for angry autists and other assorted memers?

youtube.com/watch?v=v8DwSrHJtGE

Apparently you can self destruct, which blows up 2Bs skirt and ups the fanservice by a billion (and damages you) .

I played it not online all the time though
I thought you just needed to activate it?

I never implied that, I know that 2ch is basically the same as us, just with different memes. It's been this way since ancient Roman graffiti and before, the shitpost is an ancient art that lives inside all of us. I guess he just wants to practice English. He's pretty good at it.

Originally, I was under the impression it was coming out something like 9 months after the PS4 version. Only thing that worries me about the PC version now is if there will be DRM.

I playing the demo, so unless the game wildly differs from that it should be good. Never really thought about any message I was sending. Just figured I could cancel anytime.

[citation needed]

All it does is just secure the game for the release window, and (at least with Doom, I don't keep up much newer games.) it gets removed.

Stop spreading bullshit retard.

Because adding background programs in order to secure the game will totally have no effect on the game speed

also
[Citation fucking needed]

Let me put it this way, I was one of the people that played Dragon's Dogma on console well before the PC version was even announced AND I played the leaked version over the course of the week before its release and even then I did not preorder.

If you are psychic and know absolutely 100% for sure that you will love a game then still don't preorder it because of the message you're sending. Not getting burned is great, but the primary problem with preordering is the fact that you encourage publishers to care more about marketing than the game itself.

Also please try reading posts before replying to them, I didn't even type a whole paragraph dude come on.

Can the link here please be required reading before anyone attempts to discuss Denuvo?

I said I hadn't thought about what message I was sending. Though, for this game at least, I have to say what marketing? Other than a few cheap ass youtube videos I haven't seen any.

Well you almost certainly have an adblocker (I mean who here doesn't) which would probably eliminate the majority of the marketing (not including shills and journalists). And it doesn't matter how much marketing there has been anyways, if you pre-order games then the publisher will think you did so because of trailers and coverage in game journalism and if they know the only reason you buy games is because of those then you end up with shit like WD1 that is all bullshots and paid shills with no substance behind it. NieR isn't being exploited like that now and it will almost certainly never get that bad but we shouldn't allow it to get anywhere close to that.

There is no good reason to pre-order ever, it is never in your best interests as a consumer unless you're pre-ordering something with a limited supply like collectors editions. This is also why I like the idea of collectors editions not including the game so you don't have to support pre-ordering games if you want to get those (I don't get them anyways though).

Which is why everyone bitches about the HiResPatchUpdater.exe service running all the time even after you close the game. Oh wait, no, there was a grand total of two people who ever mentioned it in the Paladins threads, while everyone else is happily spreading their ass cheeks for the AIDS infection.

>end the intro phase go into demo part
>credits roll in speeded up, audio too
>ending W unlocked
What the fuck? How many endings will this have?

Nice embedding, faggot.