All of the Language options from NieR: Automata's demo are in the retail Japanese copy of the game

twitter.com/dVmm75sfgfjp7Xy/status/833486542777651200

I know some folks were wondering about this since there was the Asian English release the same day, but they didn't want to pay $20 for decent shipping from Play-Asia, and Amazon.co.jp is significantly cheaper.

If you want to get a physical copy sooner, importing the Japanese release is an option for EOPs.

Other urls found in this thread:

oneangrygamer.net/2017/02/nier-automata-not-coming-to-xbox-one-due-to-poor-performance-in-japan/24229/
dsogaming.com/news/nier-automata-may-be-slightly-delayed-on-the-pc/
archive.li/nmbWs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nah, thanks, i'll wait for the PC version.

was that scheduled for 1 month after console release right?

No release date set yet, unfortunately. I'd get it on PC but recently I've become a bit of a collectorfag and I'm impatient.

i got too many games to play to get impatient.

the ps4 is getting so many fucking games that i actually have, for the first time in years, a backlog. and more shit like persona 5 and nier AM are coming out on ps3 and PC where i can pirate. this is the best year for videogames in a long time.

Yeah, I feel you there. I didn't have the time to play Yakuza 0 (though I bought it to support the series in the west) so I've been letting my friend borrow it. Almost done with Nioh, should be done just in time for NieR.

already? didn't it just come out?

It came out on the 7th. It's almost been 2 weeks.

the fuck? it was january yesterday
oh

oh

The switch is out next week.

at the speed my time is moving it will be hacked next week

Er, that's fine and everything, but will the english version have japanese audio?
Why doesn't everyone know about this important fucking detail?
I don't want to listen to the shit ass english dub, can i just slap the japanese one on?

Might be a good idea to wait, in case the Japanese version is censored.

No blood to censor, they're robutts.

That doesn't mean anything.
Play Nier.
There can be blood if certain things are involved.

I'll wait to see how badly the English dub is censored. The VA quality should be decent, I'm just concerned about the content.

Worst case scenario I wait for the PC version and the inevitable fan translation mod.

What the hell are you saying.
Did you even play the demo?
It's the cringiest shit imaginable.

Nope, haven't played it.

Guess fan translation + Jap audio it is for me.

It wasn't that bad compared to how horribly horrible VA quality can get, especially in the weeb game department.

If in this game story and character interaction weren't important, i wouldn't give a shit.
But one of the absolute best ways to play Nier is to know nothing about the plot and just go in blind and experience it for yourself.
I don't want shitty VA taking me out of it with their saturday morning cartoon vibe.

Hell once Nier Automata is out in japan i pity anyone that will refuse to listen and will keep browsing Holla Forums, they'll ruin any surprise and any plot the game has and be left with a decent hack and slash that won't be able to reach the level of quality and complexity of Bayo 1-2 or DMC 3 and 4, they'll probably react like "THIS GAME WAS OVERHYPED IT'S SHIT WHY DID I LISTEN TO YOU Holla Forums WEEBSHIT" and shitpost all over Holla Forums with their shitty threads.
Glad i won't be around to watch that miserable display.

Also seriously for the love of fuck can someone confirm that the english version of the game will have japanese VA, YES OR NO?

Yes, it will. There's literally only one version of the game worldwide.

Just download the English demo and see if it does or not you double nigger.

Finally, thank you.

I know the DEMO has the option of switching languages, i didn't know the FULL GAME had it or not, that's why i asked.

Why would the full game be any different than the demo?

How badly did 8-4 fuck up the translation?

Who knows? They handled the first NieR which was fine, but they ALSO handled Drakengard 3 which was complete shit.

8-4 translated the game from Japanese to English, but how did it go for the rest of the languages? From the Japanese or from the English translation? Any idea?

Yes, 99% of the time any other tranlation of a game is based off the english translation.
Very rarely is any other translation based off the original japanese script.

Actually is way more common than you think. There's a chance it's from the Japanese.

It really isn't.
Unless we're talking about the PSX era or something, i think it was more common back then.
I'm EU and starting from the PS2 era any other language packaged in PAL games i've seen has almost always been translations based off the english translation.

How so? Sounded okay to me.

PC version will be August at the earliest and very likely to be Denuvo'd. At least by then we'll know if they butcher some parts of the game with their (((localization))). Jap audio and fan translation should be simple so PC will be fine.

Depends how aggressive Denuvo is, or what compression method they've used for the game files.

Denuvo just had a massive leak with no mention of it.

Fake news ;)

Are you me?

Since we're in the subject of NieR: Automata,
oneangrygamer.net/2017/02/nier-automata-not-coming-to-xbox-one-due-to-poor-performance-in-japan/24229/
LOL

Well, that surprises exactly zero people.

By the way, that explains why the game is so well optimized on PS4 judging by the demo.
Then again MGR back in the day also ran pretty damn well on PS3.
I guess the days where PG didn't know how to work on sony consoles are long gone.

wew

Why would anyone release Xbone games IN JAPAN at all?

I'm surprised the Xbone is even relevant enough to warrant the expectation that it might get a game. The PS4 has cornered the console market for about 3 years now and it's only just starting to get games.

Well, they tried it with the first Nier.
The 360 version had Papa Nier and the PS3 version had Brother nier.
I think the 360 japanese version sold like zero copies and to this day japs just see Nier as the story of Brother Nier and his sister, they have no notion of Papa Nier at all.
In fact, there's extra backstory in Grimoire Nier specifically on Brother Nier and how he used to be whore himself out to support himself and his sister.

I've said it before and i'll say it again: Taro truly, completely doesn't give a single fuck about his western fans whatsoever.

dsogaming.com/news/nier-automata-may-be-slightly-delayed-on-the-pc/
I don't think so

I've never had a problem with avoiding spoilers. I just never read discussions about games that I'm in the process of playing. Besides few actually play the niche weebshit that I play.

That's actually a good thing imo. Just slap on English subs and ship it.

Doesn't really work anymore here if it's a big release.
Anons will slip spoilers in random, unrelated threads for the fuck of it.

It's fair game really, at this point if you don't want a release spoiled, avoid Holla Forums until you've finished the game.
It's better compared to having to moderate the board (i mean holy fuck volunteers and mark do jack shit here all day, even remotely suggesting they would have to keep an eye on spoilers is preposterous, they don't even know how to clean their own ass).

It's a good thing if you know moonrunes, or if you're japanese.
It's a bad thing if you're a western fan that doesn't know moonrunes.

No, that's not what "he doesn't care" means.
"he doesn't care" means that he will not fight in any way the "westernization" of the western version.
Drakengard 3 was utterly butchered in the west and he simply didn't give a shit.
That's what it means.

Currently, we know that Nier:A has english in the japanese release.
So MAYBE western fans are saved on this one, depends if 8-4 also worked on the english portion of that version.
If so, they're fucked either way.
Assuming 8-4 fucked this up, obviously, they might, or might've not.

Did you buy Fallout 4? Otherwise you're full of shit.

PC Info:
archive.li/nmbWs

Aka stop stealing ya fucks. Real talk though, this is redundant as shit. The only thing that piracy protection accomplishes is more 'work' for hackers.

Why?

I don't have time to keep up with the official Holla Forums 'what the fuck bruh, why did/didn't ya archive that trash??' list, so I simply archive everything.

you are not wrong, someone is always going to bitch, no matter the site

It depends, did you play Gravity Rush 2 as well?