Anybody feel like talking about Fable?

Anybody feel like talking about Fable?

Every few years I replay the first one, it has its' flaws but I think it's a genuinely good game.

Fable 2 was okay, but didn't live up to the first.
Fable 3 was pretty bad and the sequels after 3 are basically shovelware by all appearances.

I remember spending a lot of time looking for that ficking Sand Goose

Fable 2 was better.

Too much disappointment with this series. So much wasted.

>fucking vampires faggots

Its dissapointing as fuck. Otherwise it wouldve been a nice game.

Honestly the games simply put are disappointing, they had a ton of potential and even the sequels getting bigger and bigger in the scale of what you can control was cool too but they weren't made right at all

I liked fable 2 a lot. I remember the magic made me feel like a complete badass. And id play the chick and run around naked with my doggo.

Wasted Potential: The Game.

The game only disappoints if you saw the hype first. I didn't, so I played it back in '08 and was genuinely impressed by it, but at the same time I was fairly young so I didn't have much gaming experience behind me anyway.

Same. I actually loved it.

Too bad you need an Xbox to play the damn thing.

Same. Didn't love it thought. But it was pretty fucking good

I really did wanted to kill a kid's father and have the kid hunt me down.

My legit only problem with the game was the aging factor. I shouldn't look as old as My mother.

Fuck that Fucking faggot molyneux. Fuck him in his pus filled throat and I hope he dies from aids and cancer.

Biggest thing that pissed me off about the game was the stealth system, you walk too slowly for it to be effective in the wild even with max guile. The "stealing" system was fuckterrible, why do I need to wait 20 seconds to take something off a store shelf while my character is suspiciously holding his hand over said object? Worst to top it all off was breaking and entering into peoples' houses only for a random fucking guard to waltz into the person's house and spot me, for no fucking reason, why do they just enter peoples' houses? And they only do it in houses that you're conveniently in, even if they don't see you they know you're there. They want me to pay them to fuck off for a bit, but at 1k gold? How the fuck am I expected to make a profit off of that?

Also Skorm's bow is broken: there is no damage cap for charging the weapon; if you charge the bow for long enough, you can 1-hit anything in the game.

The Sword of Aeons is meant to be this big horrible harbinger of doom, but there's another weapon called the Solus Greatsword you can buy halfway though the game and it does more damage. That's just sad. If you play evil, you just killed your sister for a mediocre second-rate sword. Congrats. There's also no reason to put Jack's mask on considering there's Archon's Battle Armour which comes with the best helmet in the game (reminder if you put Jack's mask on, you can't take it off).

The guildmaster was a fucking retard who staged a coup and killed his old headmaster because the guild wouldn't offer evil quests, so this new usurper thinks "people need to have the choice of whether to be good or evil." Wow, fucking really? And after the Arena, you never see Whisper again, so killing her doesn't matter, in fact I'd encourage it because of Jack's bonus gold and remember to take the 'kill 'em all' boast beforehand.

But other than that yeah it was a good game. I wouldn't trade the experience.

was it ever possible to get to hook coast to fight the ice golem? I tried a s a kid everyway to do it, i just never could.

You mean this?

Yeah, that. As a kid, i always wondered, how the fuck do you get there so early in the game. They must have added it in the lost chapters.

Those quests were probably never coded and were just put there so you could see that there were other heroes doing quests. Too bad they never do it again.

Loved The Lost Chapters back when I was young and played it for the first time. But of course, it's got plenty of flaws. I remember completely fucking breaking the game with the enflame spell + experience potions in the graveyard level for example. The undead just kept spawning and couldn't get a hit on me, meanwhile my combat multiplier was going through the roof. My character was pretty much maxed out when I returned to the guild and leveled up.

You can get a legendary right at the start of the game if you eat crunchy chicks infront of the evil door that asks you for an evil deed. I always used that for a long time.

The greatsword does more dmg because it is very slow. And is a legendary.

not having emulation available more than 10 years after the console was released violates the nap.

I remember playing the lost chapters at a friend's house a few years after it came out and thinking it was great. I wasn't exposed to the hype beforehand so I had nothing to be disappointed over.

I remember buying it for PC and playing the fuck out of it not long after. I really enjoyed it, but it felt a little limiting after a while; like there was a particular way that the game was really shoehorning you into playing it. No matter how you level up, what weapons or spells you use, or what you want to do, the game feels exactly the same no matter what.

Fable 2 was also great. I enjoyed the core game a lot, but was disappointed because it felt so small. somehow the world felt smaller, there just didnt seem to be much to do. They streamlined the experience a lot, and I felt like they took away some of the first games charm. With that said, I probably would have enjoyed 2 more than TLC if two was longer and less glitchy. That game is a fucking mess of bugs.

3 was awful. I hated it. I hated the transforming weapons, I hated that you had to play multiplayer to get all the legendary weapons, I hated how much simpler the combat was, I hated that you couldn't just go into a menu and do whatever you needed to do, and I hated that you had to be king.

I haven't played any other fable games, but the kinect one looks terrible, and I'm glad that legends got axed because it looked shit too.

They need to go back to their roots with Fable. Just go back to the core gameplay of 1 and make a bigger world with more shit to do in it.

Fable was never any good, it just hit the market at the right time where people were looking for the future of Western RPG's, and it was fun, it allowed you to customize a bunch and rewarded a bunch of your choices.

The sequels were terrible.

Enjoyed the atmosphere and music. I liked the English folklore setting, shame it took the same route as rareware games and they tried to turn it into something it wasn't.

Hated this.

Also people mentioning that you age and nobody else does, this bothers me every time too. You look as old as fucking Maze but your sister stays looking 25 at the end of the game, hell, you've outlived your dad at least by the time you meet your mother.

That's why I will not ever buy fucking anything from windows store.

I modded the PC version to give me high renown and XP from just killing the beetles in the Guild Woods. You can take the quests if your renown is high enough, but they don't appear in your quest list and there's no way to teleport to Hook Coast without triggering the main questline.

It sucks the mod toolkit was fan made and was prone to fucking up the game entirely. Most of what I managed to change was the main character (removing all kinds of morphing, like scars, aging, morality, etc.) and things like character and weapon stats.

Removing the invisible walls and changing the scales of models could be done as well. Other than that, there was sadly no overhaul or mods that added new cities/quests. Or at least ones that didn't break the game.

Fable is okay for what it is. I spent so much time playing in on Xbox and it had a lot of potential, even outside of the fake promises that were made. It's also got the most comfiest pubs in any game.

You can't die on 3 the game was pointless.

First time I've seen that one

So like every other Molyneux game?

I really enjoyed all the Fable games, even 3. But 1 was definitely my favorite, so many fun little gameplay aspects, like the arena and the prison.

peter molyneux thread?

I actually liked the morphing due to stat choices. The issue was that you had to use all three, so your character generally ended up the same way no matter what. It was probably the only thing that was satisfying about stat progression in the game, from what I remember.

1 and 2 were fun for what they were. Not outstanding, but the core gameplay was decent and the games allowed for some entertaining things. In particular, I remember that after finishing the story for 2, I refunded all my skills so that I was no longer Buff McHuge MagicMan, bought this pub that was out in the wilderness between two cities, and spent my time gambling and talking to people that came in, roleplaying that I had retired from being a hero. That was pretty autistic, but I found it really fun for some reason.

3 was mostly dogshit. I actually liked the plot twist with your brother and thought the king segment had a lot of potential, but the choices were extremely one-dimensional and it didn't last very long. It also didn't help that the game was so fucking easy it was no challenge at all to get enough gold to get the good ending while making the 'good' choices.

What did Peter promise for Fable 1 that he didn't deliver on?

It's easier to make a list of what he didn't.

Either is fine. I just want to know what he said.

Meeting your sister was the most anticlimatic thing I've ever seen. It was a completely hollow experience.

I was just being a smartass, but he really does promise some insane pie-in-the-sky shit. I'll try to remember what others brought up, since I missed the hype and liked the game.

Lots of things like that, but I don't remember them since I never got on the hype train. I only saw some demo of gameplay from a friend's OXM disc, which was fairly accurate to what was in the game.

You really need to speak Molyneuxan to understand what he said

This was later cut
Hint: planting the tree is the good option not planting it is the evil option
last one is self explanatory.

i found it jarring when i tried making a spellsword and when i finally took off my armor i was an old man

shit I forgot how underrated Fable's soundtrack is.

He is brilliant but he is never given enough time or resources to realize his vision. It is a shame that he didn't keep the job as vice president of EA, he would've changed gaming forever.

how is it that every little thing that needs to go wrong, tends to go wrong?

It's such a shame this game series went to shit. It wasn't even a hard concept, how did they fuck it up so badly? It's classic folklore setting with a satirical and comedic twist. Really fucking easy.

The story I got told by a guy who used to work at Big Blue Box (inb4 my uncle works and nintendo and you can see the princess' boobs) was that the Fable that released was practically a tech demo.

Big Blue Box had been responsible for developing it and somewhere around nine months before the game came out they had some major accident in the offices that lost a massive amount of data, something went horrifyingly wrong with their office server essentially.

There had been so many delays that pushing it back again simply wasn't an option so Lionhead's main studios took what could be salvaged and what they had from previous demonstration builds and cobbled together the game we got in a bit less than six months.

Fable was the game that really got PM the name for being a blowhard, he'd always been excitable and nuts but had largely delivered on everything, Fable was the first game that was just a wall of lie after lie from Project Ego through to the proper release. That failure broke Peter Molyneux and he just never managed to recover, the whole studio kinda fell apart since they'd ruined their collective names from Bullfrog through Lionhead.

Maybe the guy was full of shit, I dunno, I just relate it whenever the game comes up. I don't think it matters since we did get an okay but largely disappointingly medicore action rpg.

All that said, I recently grabbed a copy of Fable 2 again and have been surprised by how entertaining it is despite being so easy.

and most Microsoft products?

That apply to most games.