Almost all games take a 3 hour time commitment before any interesting mechanic or difficult situation is introduced

I just want to play a game with pretty graphics that throws me into the thick of it from the beginning. Most of the time, I try to play something, I spend 40 minutes bored and then have to go take care of something else. Please leave suggestions for games that expect you to figure things out on your own time.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/473770/
vonsnake.itch.io/ballisticng
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Any good action game is like that, stop playing RPGs.

If you would stop playing AAA this would not happen. If you would stop playing weebshit, this would not happen either. buuuuuuuuuuuuuut noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you gotta buy last gen poorly translated mogolian vidya and last gen progressive vidya!
"Oh, oh! Look at this new game I bought Holla Forums, it's terrible, too bad I didn't learn the lesson when the same company released 20 other terrible games! It's totally not my fault!"

play games that are fast or fun instead of gay games

That's basically the whole appeal of the souls series, short of the "pretty graphics" I guess. They just drop you right into things and pretty much every mechanic is available to you from the first five minutes and you can just walk past all the tutorial messages and figure things out on your own if you want.

Off the top of my head. Not that God Hand has pretty graphics, but there's all of 30 seconds of a laughably cringey cutscene before you start kicking ass.

OP implied he wanted games with modern graphics.

sounds like you want nioh, bloodborne, gravity rush 2 and yakuza 0 op

cutting edge or was made in 201X

Were any Wipeout games ported to PC?

the first and second one

The word is cheesy, faggot. Fucking fight me, because of idiots like you who find stuff that doesn't take itself seriously to be "cringey" we end up having everything being serious and edgy. God Hand is cheesy done well.

First and second, then the ps3 emulator should be coming by. You can also emulate Pure and Pulse with a psp emulator, but good luck getting the dlc tracks for it which you can't get on an actual psp anyways :^)

Why do you do this? Do you hate yourself?

Fucking retard.

Older PC games use to be safe from this cancer

Emulate older action games.
There you go.

store.steampowered.com/app/473770/
vonsnake.itch.io/ballisticng

Get Ballistic NG. It's a new free Wipeout clone.
It's still in development and plays pretty great already

But stalker games are 5/10 at best without mods.

Thief TDP is okay, but every mission added in Gold is shit.

I don't disagree that it's cheesy done right user, but your autism is a bit out of control.

Dark Souls and STALKER

Pic not related?

There's the new unreal tournament but other than that I don't know anything.

they put rpg shit into everything nowadays, its the easiest way make a derivative dumb casual game and still make retards think it has depth

Gravity Rush 2 was really good, but it does not jump into things right away. It's definitely pretty though.

Why not just play Doom on Nightmare difficulty? It's easier than Ultra-Nightmare, but just about any difficult that isn't that is easier.

Spacechem.

my
DICK

You are going to end up playing maybe one of those games, probably none.

I would like this game a lot more if it didn't call itself Doom.

Why not just play doom4doom instead? It's the same thing except that it is free due to freedoom and zdoom, has better level design by virtue of being able to load almost every single mapset made for doom and doom 2 with it, and doesn't have FUCKING DENUVO DRM SPYWARE on it?

Off the top of my head:
There's some cutscenes but you can skip them and once you get in game nearly every mechanic is available to you. There are some things to unlock but you have most everything from the start. You can even do all this during loading screens to practice.
There's an optional tutorial in the beginning (which you might want to do anyways to learn some features that aren't in other arena shooters like wallrunning) but you can jump right into matches whenever you want. The game has a low population but I wouldn't say it's dead, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding at least a couple nearly full servers (at least in the US).
Score based survival shooter that plays more like Touhou than an FPS (except you'll need to rely on audio cues more than visual ones to not get hit). There's no tutorial or anything, you just learn the game by dying and learning from your mistakes over and over again.
There is an intended path through the game that teaches you mechanics slowly and one by one but you can go wherever you want if you can figure it out.

Pff, try 45 hours sometime.

I know it's just the light reflecting on the goggles, but combined with the rest of the helmet it reminds of that smug, fatass cat from some manga I can't remember the name of right now (people still seem fond to post reaction images from it though).

fuck off then cunt, go buy the latest cawadoody and enjoy that like a good goy

language is important. Cringe is just a term women use to describe the feeling the get when a beta male aske them on a date. You are not technically allowed to use that term an continue to call yourself a male. Edgy is just a term Beta males use to pretend their feelings are not hurt when the girl they like is fucking the "bad boy". Odinist are big on the power of words. and while I'm not a pagan, they are not necessarily wrong about the power of memetics through the spoken word.

not allowed*

Devil Daggers is badass.

You sound cringey as fuck.

You're doing a great job of rightfully antagonizing the OW general. Keep it up user.

Otherwise yea Devils Daggers is good. I just hope you really like your twitchy FPS's like I do. Just don't go in expecting Doom or anything. What you see is what you get. until you git gud then shit gets real No really shit gets fucking real, this is made by the engine designer for Dustforce so do not expect this game to hold your hand in the slightest

Is there anything wrong with UT4 outside of some of the recent weapon balance changes? I haven't found a more active arena shooter.

Devil Daggers just might be the most divisive game there is on this board, people like you two and I give it very high praise while many others think it's a shallow waste of money I doubt the latter group of people have ever survived past 60 seconds.
I legitimately think that in terms of gameplay it's the deepest game I've played since Dustforce and that adding "more levels and weapons" to it would not only do nothing to improve the game, but would actually make it worse despite what its critics might say.

Also that's not to mention the aesthetics, the audio design is 10/10 and the visuals are great too.

Dustforce. Sure, you can complete levels, but you'll get stuck pretty early if you can't complete them quickly and efficiently to earn a key.

You can watch replays at the end of each level to see how everybody else did it better.

I think people are just tired of hearing about Devils Daggers. It's a good game but inherently short and not really worth discussing in much depth. I'm fairly certain we've probably replied to each other before however if gifs related look familiar. DD is definitely relevant to the thread though. Both Dustforce and DD fit the criteria well.

Yep we have, here's hoping Spire will be just as good

I asked the devs btw. The game is made with modern consoles in mind so that's generally where the performance requirement is needed to be.

I don't know what you think that statement means, but I can assure you that cringe and cheese are definitely two VERY different things user.

Skyrim

Every fucking game these days has a constantly nagging endless tutorial that teaches you the most basic shit like how to run or jump and just won't fucking let you do anything fun until you're like 40% through the game.

That's NOT an issue of having a short attention span you fucking retarded nigger.

Dirt Rally.

You're Quantifiably retarded.

Well, there's your problem. If it's a "pretty" game, it's for normalfags, and that means it'll be casual and probably have a tutorial, or the first few hours will basically be a tutorial.

In any case, try Fallout: New Vegas. Don't follow the advice of the main quest for where you should be going. Just head out in any old direction through the desert. You want difficulty? You'll get your shit pushed in REAL fast if you start poking your nose around while you're still underleveled.

There is a difference between a game taking forever to start, and being too impatient to get to the fun part that you can't watch a goddamn cutscene. Luckily OP hasn't named any games he's been to impatient/bored to finish so we'll never know id OP was being a faggot or he has genuine reason to complain.

If you didn't find the platforming in Xenoblade fun, I'm not sure why'd you'd find skell piloting any better.

Old 2D sidescrollers.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to watch cutscenes in games, I skip all of them by default on any game that is only about the gameplay and not story. I'm not going to watch the cutmemes in Shitman 2016 because I'm there for the sandbox stealth gameplay not the generic story, but I'll happily read all the dialogue in a VN since the appeal clearly lies in the story.

Go play campaign of any RTS or decent old game.
They first limit what you own as a form of tutorial and later each mission has some form of making your life harder.

oh… It is inoperable.
Well there is Zelda. Nearly every game is pretty and its entire gameplay is about getting new items which are new mechanics.

Enjoy each vidya writer wanting to write a movie but clearly being at Michael Bay level of storytelling.

have you tried shoot em ups?

And there are plenty of games that are so unfocused and cluttered with obligatory mechanics that it never remembers to actually be a game.

Hell, just look at the RTS market. They're drowned in farming simulator mechanics and bog down the introduction of the game into following a step-by-step progress.

The process of figuring out a games mechanics and the tricks to the meta game underneath it can often be the best part, but when a tutorial is obtuse and boring, or full of useless shit it makes the game worthless.

And yet everyone is saying it's like the second coming of the Christ because it's not a cod clone.

look at Platinum for games that can be played in short bursts but has heaps of depth.
avoid ninja turdles and korra though.

this is why i can't play any of the SMT games even though i like the premise.

The truest bullshit and time sink right there.

Applies to most multiplayer shooters really, and not just starting out, which is why they make such great filler games. As long as the game is popular enough to be able to find a game without organizing one first that is.

The only demon you need is Daisoujou. Now good luck figuring out how to make him on your first playthrough.

Or better yet, go through and grind our your perfect demons, only to get back attacked and buttfucked into a gameover before you can save.

Somehow even if the base is the same, on foot combat in XBX is complete garbage, just like in previous game, while mech combat is fucking amazing and somehow works wonders with mmo-esque system.
Also going fast in vehicle mode while running over small mobs is ultra fun.
Also mech designs are fucking great in there.

Inaccurate webm.

ur a fagit

CONSENTUAL TOUCHING ONLY YOU FOOL

Kill yourself you fucking casual

Tits or get the fuck out bitch