S.T.A.L.K.E.R. thread

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. thread.

Currently playing Call of Chernobyl as a member of Clear Sky. Nothing worth talking about yet but it is pretty fun.

FEMALE BLOODSUCKERS

Gunslinger

WHEEEEN

Good thing zenimax won 500mln in court, right?

when is someone going to make a proper mod using CoC that actually makes it worth playing?

Decided to play my little Duty'er again in CoC. Forgot I was on my way to the deserted hospital, at night without NV, with basically one magazine worth of ammo left in my main weapon around a hundred bullets for my sidearm and multiple empty guns in my backpack that I didn't want to drop. Limansk is some shit man.
Managed to get to the hospital eventually, I don't know why I expected anything other than Monolith shitters infesting the place. Clearing it was pretty suspenseful and fun, it being pitch black out there aside from the lights on the staircases on the sides. Didn't find anything interesting though besides some weapons and ammo to make the trip back a slightly more bearable.

I'm not looking forward to passing through Limansk again and already I'm hit by a Psy-storm and an emission.
Totally worth it.

Jesus fucking Christ no wonder it costs a small fortune. The bullets drop like balls but if you can compensate for that it's the most OP shit ever. You can easily down down helicopters, too.

Anyone know if the russian image boards have a good Holla Forums? Or do they just talk about stalker, dota, and cs:go

I highly doubt it.

Story Mode + Ironman + Clear Sky is suffering but it's worth trying if you want to refresh the game. It lets you make multiple saves and if you crash no problem since it only deletes all saves associated with that character when you die (instead of the normal way of deleting it when you load and forcing you to one save). One day I intend to finish the entire story mode like this.

Fucking Freedom.

Hey, don't let me stop you from taking a look there if you actually understand slavrunes, I'm just saying you'll probably find a version of 4chan/v/ but with all the wonders of slavshit memes and shitposting

Stalker kinda made me want to crack slavrunes. Although there's no real point.

What are your plans when Ray of Hope comes out?
Mine's either join either Bandits to see good old slavs or go full 'MURICAN with Mercenaries because rumors that Mercenaries were supposed to be the US Army and the like

I'll think about that once I know when it's coming out.

The first thing that came into my mind when I saw that concept pic was indeed Fallout 3. I don't mind though, STALKER is consisted of relatively simple missions and simple item fetching quests. Interaction with other characters is incredibly shallow. AI is over complicated and doesn't work all the time. Optimization is up the ass, especially for CoP. Seems like Bethesda was destined to make this game.

Honestly I think I'd like to see S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in a different area for once. Maybe that's just my inner Roadside Picnic talking truth be told I'm a huge fucking fan of it all but it'd be cool to see it take place in say, America, Canada, Japan, but I feel like the anomalies and artifacts would have to be more like the tabletop game, and that in itself is more of a more alien flavor than the Zone that we are used to. It'd be tough to describe without some sort of reference, so here's something I threw into one of these threads a while ago to show what separates the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. we all know and love from Roadside Picnic.

Although I'd rather never see Bethesda touch this or anything similar to it, for fear of them ruining the actual source material.

I'm finishing up OGSE 0.9.3.
I actually got spooked by a dumb russian meme, when you're sent to check out a spooky door in radar, this video plays as you approach the door, then a "super controller" appears shortly after.

What the fuck are those deformed little potato men in the black robes and how many times do I have to shoot one in the face with slugs before they die?

Burers are fucking cancer in most mods. They have a habit of 1-shot brain damaging you, ridiculous healthpool/damage resist, and they can put up a deflecting forcefield in the CoP version.

I'm playing CoC and they're spawning outside of the rookie village. I'd be upset about having to savescum to leave the fucking rookie village but it's not really savescumming if I get murdered by an angry blob of dough and when I reload it instead spawns as something more reasonable like a bloodsucker pack.

The scenery of Shadow of Chernobyl is mostly based on Tarkovsky's Stalker and not Roadside Picnic. I fear that it would ruin the atmosphere if STALKER was set anywhere else, I already hate CoP. Also, speaking about ruining the source material, the STALKER games have as little to do with Roadside Picnic as the Stalker movie. Both the games and the film are all loose interpretation of the novel with their own different takes. Stalker is focused on the psychological drama aspect while STALKER is a much more action oriented take on the novel.

In my opinion, as long as they include the words stalker, Zone, anomalies, artifacts, and Wish Granter, it's impossible for them to ruin the source material. I'd even be happier if Bethesda came up with their own take of Roadside Picnic instead of copying everything from STALKER. Different cultures should interpret Roadside Picnic in their own original way.

Casual as FUCK, fam.

There needs to be an ironman variant which only saves when you sleep in a proper bed. That way instant headshot deaths would be less depressing. Also the fast travel you can pay for from CS (was it also in vanilla CoP? I forget) would let you skip boring walking at a fair cost.

Unless you're specifically playing with a mod that adds that, that's not actually a thing. Also Call of Memery has a mode where you can only save at campfires.

Fair enough point man, I guess I just really want to see a game based more on roadside picnic, but I feel like the entire setting would make a tough translation.

Although I definitely see what you mean by the different approaches based on the original material.

I always find it both hilarious and infuriating in mods that make head hitbox an instagib, but make enemy AI inaccurate as hell.
Every time you run into some fag with a PKM/RPK, you laugh as they spray the area around you, then abruptly stop when one stray round clips you in the face and you just drop dead.

I've died in a single shot with good body armour but a shit helmet before (at long range too), I'm reasonably sure it's possible unless AO3 is responsible.

To be fair I had skimped on a helmet to buy a better gun, foolish in hindsight.

In an unrelated note has anyone ever found basic tools outside the Cordon/Swamps? I seem to find advanced and even expert tools elsewhere but never the basics. Also I've only ever met Doc in the swamps, does he show up elsewhere?

That'd be an improvement, shame it's tied to a shit mod.

Helmets don't actually protect your head, at best they just add to your armor stat which is a global percent damage reduction. Also, there are weapons in AO that can one-shot you regardless of armor when the enemy is using AP ammo.

What the fuck was he aiming at?
Why the fuck was he shooting at them from across the room with a striker?

The Slavs don't like being restrained by rigid plot. Look at their Faust movie, it's a very Dostoevsky and Gogol take of a German tale. I think this is the best technique of making an adaptation, not just for the Russians.

Worst enemies ever in STALKER tbh. Mutants in STALKER are generally not fun to kill, unresponsive bullet sponges.

It is not for us to know.

Well that's a concern, my second most annoying death was a random long-range lucky headshot. My top shit death was a fucking spot on grenade by a bandit after I found all three sets of tools in the opening hours (in reverse order no less, found expert tools maybe 45 minutes in).

The best way to fix headshot on player problem is to go to your actor.ltx file and change all the head damage back to 1.0.

It wasn't. As I said, unless you specifically installed a mod that fucks with the actor's bone modifiers (like Warfighter), getting shot in the head is the same as getting shot in the arm or the leg or the chest. It's a 1x damage multiplier.
Grenade accuracy is directly tied to enemy fire dispersion settings, so when you hear GRANATA fuck off out of there.

I think there's a way to override the fire dispersion for grenade only by writing the fire_dispersion code in the wp_[insert grenade name here].ltx. It will affect the player as well though, I think. I don't know, someone should try to experiment with it.

Well if there's no other way to protect my head…

I will go check the file as that user suggested, if it wasn't that I guess the fucker must have had a top tier gun.
I know the tactics user but between the bandits, the military and the fucking helicopter I wasn't paying enough attention. That's part of the fun of ironman though.

I cannot locate actor.ltx in either gamedata or database in CoC's directory, does this mean it is using the default CoP file?

You can do that, but you're going to die far more often since the grenade locations will no longer be predictable, and you'll find yourself sprinting away only to run into it because it missed you. I've done full ironman story runs of CoC, grenades aren't really a threat at all as long as you're paying attention. Getting buttfucked with a gauss rifle the second you load into a level though, that's another story.

If you don't have an actor.ltx or damages.ltx in your creatures folder, then they're still packed in the databases with the vanilla values, and all of your bone modifiers are set to 1.0 as they should be. You're just getting killed by really strong guns, so get a Heavy SEVA or an Exo or something.

I've never played CoC. If changing it in default CoP folder doesn't work, I don't know how they override the actor ltx.

try My Documents

Will look.

I ask because my vanilla CoP installation is heavily modded, if it's using the files from there the values may indeed be changed.

CoC is standalone. It doesn't touch CoP files at all, and you don't even need CoP installed to play it.

If that's the case then you need to ask the devs user.

Ask the devs about what? Unless he did something really stupid like installing his CoC over CoP (which should have broken it and just caused it to crash on load), what he's experiencing is 100% intended behavior with AO3.1: high-tier weapons do a lot of fucking damage with AP ammo, and unless you're using top-tier armor, you can expect to get one-shot if you go up against them.

Screw it, I'll just assume he had a better gun, such is life in the Zone. Ironman is supposed to be brutal and all, I felt actual fear when climbing around on bridges and shit in case I fell, that's a nice change.

The devs claim you need a copy of CoP, do they not?

Not that that means it isn't standalone, of course. I assume they did it for legal reasons if nothing else.

CoC checks to see if you have a registry entry left over from CoP. Uninstalling CoP doesn't remove that registry entry, and you can also add the entry yourself without ever installing CoP.

Or you can just add -skip_reg to the launcher, and not worry about it

The registry check is there for legal reasons, yes.

Right, was simply a matter of luck then: fucker opened up full-auto at long range so I'd assumed his gun couldn't be too powerful (though AO3.1 does have some strong ones). Another attempt it is. I shall complete all 14 achievements on Ironman or die trying.

The fact that Svarogs in CoC normally only spawn in stashes, and very rarely at that, is pretty bullshit to be honest family.

I just realized there's a UFO in the background. Wtf?

You can edit the trader files, if it has any.

100% chance to be stocked by Sakharov if you're an Ecologist and have the Heavy Pockets achievement. Or you could just blacklist all of the shitty food, medical items and patches from the stash item manager and you'll probably get it within ~20 marked stashes.

I thought he turned into a prepubescent werewolf for a second. A Bylatwolf, if you will.

Pretty sure you can just kill one of the ecologists for one.

That's a BMP user.

For any anons that know more about STALKER script editing: is there an easy way to change how many/what NPCs span for a certain map? The CoP maps are pretty empty apart from excessive zombie spam but I don't want to make the rest of the zone overpopulated by changing global values.

Definitely not.

Edit the Smart Terrain files.

I'll just have to live with it then. To be fair empty maps were a problem in CoP to begin with, the quality of the premade shit (particularly the side missions) went up but at the cost of the map feeling alive.

Try putting the mod Warfare on it.

I tried that already but it turns the entire zone into a warzone, I only want to up the numbers in the CoP maps. It's not the end of the world anyway.

I believe that has not been the case for at least 4 or 5 months.

Actually they sacrificed NPC population to create a real open world. Bad decision imo. Although it's a good thing that there's no place where the game stutters for 3 minutes to load a massive amount of object resources. That happened in SoC's Bar and Freedom area. Still a shit decision though.

Oblivion was programmed in a similar way and suffered the same problem with NPC management, although to a lesser degree due to the simpler tasks and not every single NPC travel around the map. Fallout 3 fixed this by making all townsfolk NPC's static.

My mistake then.

Yes SoC made the better trade-off. Don't get me wrong, CoP is still a solid game and better than most other attempts at open world FPS and I've had been interested to see if STALKER 2 could have successfully mixed CoP and SoC but we'll never know.

what the fuck is that thing

Чебурашка, Russian anime character.

The CoP maps are empty until you disable the brain scorcher, to my memory. Then a bunch of people start spawning in.

That actually makes a degree of sense, if I ever survive long enough to do that I'll know for sure.

Anyone have a download link and install guide?

Bullshit. It was still empty.

Well, there is dvach, but it´s kind of American 4chan. They DO make s.t.a.l.k.e.r. OC, though.

In places where its not respected its called mochesosach or simply "mochan", which means urinechan, and its way more cancerous than your usual cuckchan. First huge PR campaign in russian social network websites in 2011, which completely killed russian imageboard culture, then got owned by mail.ru in 2016 to close the deal. Filled with normalfags from russian facebook, admin is a shiskin muslim.

Don't expect anything from that shit.

I sometimes there for new stuff that you normally don´t find in western side of the Internet, but yeah, most of the site reads like reddit/4chan hybrid.

I did it on one of my characters and a bunch of guys started spawning around Jupiter station and Chernobyl, so I dunno.

What weapon packs do you guys use in CoC? I'm usually using STCoP

I can't wait till I get off work so i can set it up and start playing.

I figured you guys might enjoy this.

also if anyone has a fun request that isn't too specific I'll might draw it too.

Kinda board with stalker, any way to shake it up? Played AMK and Call of Chernobyl.
Beat all the games.

kill yourself.

I doubt user made it

The only thing that bugs me is clear sky was literally a bunch of hippies living in the swamps eating mushrooms and talking about how the zone was alive and angry.

whether he made it or not i looks pretty good. but bandits are literally even below freedom.

it*

That's Freedom, you filth.

NEVER EVER

It's shit, fam.

I think it's pretty bland. There were only 1-2 enemy bases per map. I do like discovering caves and stuff and finding new artifacts and loots inside, but most buildings and caves are irritatingly empty, making exploration useless.

I know that places in Fallout 3, NV, and 4 are cluttered with random objects, but at least there are things you can find and fight in places you've never visited. I think that's how all open world FPS should be. I hate bland walking simulators, put more stuff inside.

Only works for chernobyl though after you finished all the main missions, because the stalkers were afraid to go there indeed. For jupiter, just sleep for a few days and the zone will be repopulated.

Bandits are objectively the best faction.

сука шлюха

This almost makes me want to install Misery again.

I'm home now and have set up my monitor (It's glorious btw) but I'm having trouble with the game window. I can't seem to transfer it from my other larger monitor so i made the 144hz monitor my main display but when i full screen it, it goes back to the larger screen.

Any idea how i can fix this?

Not when they can wipe out a monolith raid party just by shitting around in CoC.

Apparently just restarting the game fixed it. It's so fucking smooth it's blowing my mind just running around and jumping is a great time.

Accurate.

These gigantic valves always bothered me.

I am afraid you do not know why the handwheels are so big. Let me inform you. You see, the larger you make the ring the easier it is to move a heavy or potentially stuck flange/cam/valve.

So you're telling me handwheels the size of a person are a completely normal thing?

How would you even assemble these things?

pls?

Yeah, I call bullshit. The devs simply took a small model of a normal sized one and scaled it up to gigantic size.

Unless I see one of that size and thickness in real life I'm not gonna buy it.

Pic related is the biggest I could find online.
sage for autism

What do you guys think of the new quantum leap game mode?
I have mixed opinion on it

it would be better if it spawned you only as people of the same faction

There are some handwheels around that size but that particular model is bullshit for sure.

this vehicle keeps shooting me how the fuck do i get rid of it?

A few grenades (3 normally) will kill it easily. You might be able to shoot it to death, I've honestly never tried.

still no misery 2.2 or ray of hope or gunslinger

dude iron sights so realistic and slow and shitty lol this ai is broken hey bloodsuckers so scary lol they just take like one shot from a shotgun tho

this game is shit and it's pathetic you're all still playing it

Wouldn't be a STALKER thread without you.

Fixed.

pic related: the post

I hate this meme where the WoW influence in CoP gets spun as "the quality of the premade shit going up"

STALKER really is a pathetic low budget shooter with broken gunplay mechanics and overcomplicated and unnecessary A-life system made by drunk slavs who have absolutely no understanding of FPS game design. Being a survival sandbox shooter with a breathing world, gunplay that's remotely realistic, and slavic aesthetics, it has no substitute though.

there is another slav shooter called precursors thats actually a lot better designed

Also, the gunplay still seems to be far from solid.

well, neither is stalker

It's probably gonna get stuck in development hell and they'll never finish it.

Are you a fag?
Are you more into male bloodsuckers or something?