Why DFO is such shit

So what the fuck is wrong with this game? It's such a chore to play, holy fuck. Every single aspect of it sounds awesome - learnable moves, class trees, dress up, beat'em up with dungeon crawling, yet it is huge chore to play.
I love me some guardian heroes and shadow over mystara, and DFO is supposed to be natural evolution from those games, but it fucking isn't.

Enemies are non-threats, unless it's some overleveled shit I'm not supposed to run yet, in which case no amount of skill will help me because of lol cooldowns.
Breakable items in stages are useless, there is never anything interesting in them.
Traditional korean over 9000 of stackable whatthefucks that kill your inventory in the first 10 hours only add to the depressing feeling of game being piece of shit.
Music is inconsistent mess, somewhere it is metal as fuck, but most of the time it sounds like something outta mediocre ps1 jrpg, and sometimes it is fucking ghibli for no reason.
Graphics are pretty and that's like the only aspect that doesn't immediately trigger my autism, but then you fucking notice inconsistencies in different classes and npcs' proportions and animation fluidity. Demonic lancer looks like a character from a different game compared to slayer.

Do I have wrong mindset or something? Because game is absurdly popular and alive for a 10 years old online grinder, that isn't even full fledged mmo.

No, the game is shit.

It's a massive grind fest that punishes you for playing with others when it's suppossed to be an MMO:

The game is fucking shit.

Something about the instancing and beyond passive enemies makes it exceptionally bland.

Oh and game instantly gives you "growing gear" or some shit, that instantly makes any loot you find completely fucking irrelevant. I assume it changes when you hit level cap, where you need to start to painfully grind for specific pieces of shit with super rare drop chances.
It's so fucking stupid.

I'm level 67, but it feel like I'm only half-way through the whatever retarded story game keeps feeding me. There is also a super weird system in place where you skip story missions if your level is high enough, which fucks up impression from the game completely.
If what you say is true and game is so much p2w, fuck I sure feel like dropping it at this point.

Well I don't see how it can not be instanced since it's more of an action game, but yeah mobs and bosses are either stand there doing nothing or just spam whatever the fuck super move they have that will either kill you or do nothing depending on your level.

You can turn off party member's and your own spell effects.

Only in normal dungeons/ancients. Raids have their own loot system and otherverse drops gear for everyone.
I'm guessing you are talking about hell mode. You can trade Demon challenges which turn into demon invites to spend on hell mode. The drop system for epics is pretty BS though I agree.

Only Rare avatars change your look and give stats at the same time. You can buy avatars from other players with ingame currency.

Leveling takes like 2 days now with scenarios.

Yeah especially when you overgear something it becomes just hold and one shot them before they can use their gimmick, but I think that's just natural of progression. At least raids have anti hold mechanics and the HP bars to combat this some and even bosses in normal dungeons will ignore holds sometimes. Although I can't say the game teaches you any combos or ways to play when you one shot everyone at low levels.

Party play is Peer to peer. The only time you will experience lag is swapping gear, picking up items and moving to the next room.

Enough gear makes any class good enough. Raids are large enough any class can find a spot at least in battlefield or naval. Anything less than raid can be soloed or doesn't matter enough for class balance to matter. Would you rather all the classes be the exact same so they can achieve perfect balance?

Spending all your fatigue on one character would probably take around an hour. There's also some things that don't cost FP you can do. You don't have to spend all your fatigue. I barely spent any fatigue when I played and still had really good gear.

This is somewhat true. You can certainly do all the content without any unique items that came from events and 99% of the items from events are subpar compared to end game gear. In fact, the only thing I can think of right now is the Olympus bead that happened recently and the summer pet.

See above. It's easily possible to do all the content without some OP event pet.

Play harder dungeons. People still die to random trash in Anton

Growing gear is for new/returning accounts and some events. They usually cap at some level before the level cap. After you hit level cap, you should be running OV for a chron set probably which should only take a week or so now. Holla Forums has a guild if you want to join it.

I'd love to see some of you fight Saya or any of the CotD bosses at slayer difficulty with on level gear.

Yes, you can play multiplayer like singleplayer! Just with added lag! Oh no, the enemy is sent flying, why? I dont know, it stopped my combo, what's going on? Who are they focusing? This is not a fix mate, it's shit.

Still P2W. Add the limited timer.

Also even if the game is P2P, since there are no servers on EU you wont find EU players unless you join a guild of EU which there is only one, so instead of a guild you're in a "server".

You even agree in the rest. I really don't have more to say, the game is not worth your time OP.

tl;dr:
Fun shit only exists in end game.
You can reach end game in 2 days, if you ignore story or any sort of natural progression.
Gear means jack shit until you hit end game where you need gear from end game to get gear from end game.

Like, I dunno man, it is so ass backwards, sounds exactly like Tree of Savior where all the fun shit is hidden behind the grind, and if you skip grind you also skip 90% of the game itself.
I just can't get into it.

Thank you user. That about sums it up.

Got 22 maxed chars, with full avatars (some rare, too), didn't pay anything. Avatars with stats also don't have timers, and can be found with skeleton keys just by playing.

I dunno, 2 years in I'm still having fun, but maybe that's just me.

You don't need gear from end game to do end game. It's a progression from hitting cap > OV > ancient/anton > raids with hell mode mixed in there when you can. Everything else is side content you do when you need something from it.

I'm not gonna lie, this game is a serious time sink. Don't play if you don't want to spend lots of time just to buy a single piece of gear or get lucky and find something good from hell mode. If you enjoy the gameplay enough I think it's possible to overlook how much time it takes as long as you play at your own pace. It's important not to burn yourself out spending all your fp every time if you aren't enjoying it.

What a surprise!

My problem is that I'm not enjoying it at all despite it being the best shit ever in theory.
I dunno, maybe if normal enemies were actually a threat, or bosses actually needed to learn them, or stages were anything more than just static back drops, then I'd love it.
But the only fun part of game being what? 10%? 5% of it? Doesn't sounds good to me.

Well to be honest I played shitton of f2p MMO, and liked roughly 40%, sinking 40+ hours into majority of them, which is good enough fun time for something you get for free.
Some of the better ones are at 100+ hours, with my top favorite having 3k+ hours and still counting, since it gets constantly updated.

DFO is literally only popular in chinkland, of which it's insanely popular and one of the highest revenue games on the planet.

The only advice I can give is to stick with it until Otherverse. Try soloing that (otherwise you'll most likely get people that extremely overgear it) and if you don't like that, then you most likely won't like the rest of the game. You can do Otherverse starting at 70. There should be some intro quests for it then.

I would by fine with almost every other issue the game has, but the game turns into no fun when not even halfway through the content combat starts to shift around room clearing skills that trivialize make most of your arsenal of skills redundant.

I bet you waste more time shitposting on this very board.

Also why is Nexus is so dead? Literally all UI mods are out of date and not working, and default UI is ultra fucking terrible, even worse than the old one.

The boards seem pretty lively. Is there another part of Nexus?

Actual mod releases/updates?

I know it's unbearable garbage and I'm a fucking gook
Pro tip from gookland: Don't play game made by gooks

ebin xd

Whale or don't bother, tl;dr.

You'd complain like people did during the Nexon era of DFO if enemies were threats while level grinding. Shut up.

Most of those are needed (Awakenings, Slot unlocks for subequip etc, CRAFTING SYSTEM which only the elitist pricks use anyway), and events give stackable whatchamashits to turn in for loot/helpfuls.

That's about all I can say though. It's a massive grind / lucker dog shitpile if you play it "seriously".

Anton Raid already lopped off half the population. Luke Raid and 90 cap are gonna lop off another fourth due to sheer grind and exclusion of "normal players".

If you use growing gear at endgame, you sir, or ma'am, are retarded as hell.

Read the fine print.

>GEAR SCALES UP TO LEVEL, WHERE IS 65, OR 75.

Ding. That just gets you to fucking ghent. Why complain about free gold-saving shit either? Christ.

What games do gooks who have good taste in gookland play?

I still call bull. It's a week at most even with max pay2win mode due to 90 cap

So, is this any good? I'm thinking of downloading it on Steam just to check it, because like the OP said, in theory, this looks like the best shit ever (beat'em up with dungeon crawlin + RPG elements like GH and the D&D arcade games).

People in gookland has shitty taste in vidya, and they loves P2W. Yes, they actually craves devs to make more P2W garbage because they thinks vidya as some kind of gambling gacha pachinko shit, not enjoying it by gameplay. They spends $1000+ money monthly on P2W, F2P gacha gambling shit.
The others who doesn't play F2P garbage worship Blizzard as their new religion. Not playing Blizzard games in Korea is heresy and insulting any of Blizzard game is considered as actual crime and people will literally try to behead you when you badmouth about glorious Blizzard game.
They are the most pleb, casual, immature, anti-piracy, console war maniac, blizzardrones, sonyggers, and has shit taste in vidya than any other country.
The only thing good about them is they're fucking competitive, skillful as fuck and treats vidya as very serious business. But in this case they're too serious. They practice same game over and over again for years just to shit on other players when they wins. They fucking obsess about it. Violence in arcade center is very common thing to see and there's murder case in every fucking years because they lost Tekken in arcade center. And there's keyboard battle shitshow in every fucking game community arguing each other with worthless thing about vidya. Chats in Korean vidya are cancerous as fuck and filled with edgy faggots who desperately trying to trigger other players with various insults.
Think NeoFAG cancer multiplied 9000 times and here you go, Korean gamers.
There are no gamer in this country who has good taste in vidya. And if they does, they plays alone because they'd be probably sick of this country's gaming community just like me.
I've yet to seen a single person who actually played the original Deus Ex or any of Stalker series. But I've seen plenty of plebs who complaining about how graphics are so shitty in these, saying "Holy shit I played the original Deus Ex and I can't believe people actually played this garbage back in days! I close it after 5 minutes! HR is so step forward from this shit!" and people agrees.

Don't do it, user. They're not worth is and every single Korean MMO games are packaged with Government official spywares and backdoors because the gov force it with laws. They sends your system informations, location, MAC address, keylogs and telemetries to their servers and Korean government can access it any time. Because DA LAW. And those backdoors will reside in your memory 24/7 and will cause trouble with other applications and often corrupts the whole system because they fucking rewrites the windows kernel.
You're putting your system, security in deep danger just by installing Korean MMO, and there's no official way to uninstalling those backdoors.
MacArthur should have nukes us into oblivion.

I rarely post, but I just want to say I absolutely agree with you OP. I even wish I was one of the people who are able to play it daily and do all the skinner box event stuff like . It was supposed to be "the game" for me, but I'm better off replaying Streets of Rage forever.

I assume you played Streets Of Rage Remake thing?
It's the love letter to all classic beat'em ups before trend of RPG elements clicked in.