NISA localizing Ys VIII

it's over fam

blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/17/from-danganronpa-to-ys-the-7-nis-games-coming-to-playstation-in-2017/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/4NA9A
archive.fo/IHRwr
at2.metalbat.com/?p=471
guidetojapanese.org/grammar_guide.pdf
archive.is/TBgRx
archive.fo/Vwnl1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

MOTHERFUCKER

I'm just glad I already played it in moonrunes. This still hurts like hell, though.

Many of you tards will buy it anyway. If you're enablers you have no right to complain.

Small favors then I suppose. Still a big fucking bummer that XSEED gets the shaft when it comes to localizing.
I wonder how broken it will be on release

FUCK ME SIDEWAYS AND CALL ME DAISY FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

looking forward to salty weeb threads when this releases.

Why does this keep happening?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
SOMEONE BOMB NISA HQ

I'm glad I never got into Ys games. Still sucks that NISA is still getting work somehow, though.

(not my OC for the record)

Can't wait until NISA fills Ys with bugs & memes while breaking hard drives

Oh boy, i can't wait to see how this game will be broken and whether or not it will brick consoles.

Fuck this gay ear-

TOM YOU LYING SHITFACE.

Let's just hope for low memes.

At least they can complete localizations in good time. Xseed takes years because they don't hire anybody.

I'm kind of happy for thix, Xseed is kinda shitty.

Nice try.

NIDF is an actual thing?
I know they have mongoloids buying their localized abortions but is just too much.

Interesting bait friend. If you don't care about what the translators do then why are you expressing an opinion about which localisation team was picked?

While the quality of their translations was always B- work at best, their corporate policies regarding censorship have been good. With NISA, you get a shit translation, censorship out the ass, and console bricking bugs.

NISA internet defense force is totally a thing, go to any website and call nisa's bullshit out and you get swarmed.

She's right you know. No one remembered YS over here except for turbographx16 types and even then it was nothing but a fond memory. They put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into building that brand up in the english speaking world.

Because they could get projects done on time meaning some games I DO need localized because they will add updates might get dome?

I'm actually enjoying all this salt from the redditors.

Stop playing dumb satan, you know that nisa forums is full of brown noses.

Xseed shouldn't really get credit for that, Tom is the only one who cares and has to throw a shitfit and threaten to quit in order to keep censorship from getting too ridiculous (he hasn't succeeded in ending it entirely, the Senran Kagura games had character ages removed).

I don't know if you can call whatever NISA does a "project" but, keep trying user. Maybe one day you'll fit in.

Pretty much. Tom is the main reason XSEED is top-tier rather than shit-tier.

Sounds retarded.

I was under the impression that the ages were the one thing that would prevent the games from being released in a lot of places

No, Tom specifically said that the ages wouldn't change anything, but his co-workers decided it would be better to censor it anyway. XSEED only handles NA anyway.

I haven't played plenty of NISA localized games(in fact I don't know if I have even played any), how bad is this?

No. The game was originally submitted to the ESRB with the ages intact, corporate forced the changes later.
I'm not an expert on European rating boards, but if it would cause problems in Europe, just make the European version slightly different.

The VP of the company also had an interview where he said that he was so against censorship that if there was a game that would have to be badly censored for western release, XSeed would rather just not pick it up so that they don't have to make something that insults the fans. Tom and the VP might be the only ones holding back XSeed from becoming a smaller NISA, but they're managing to hold the ship afloat for now.
As for Senran, the ages weren't the only things censored. They also censored a trophy called the enemy of women, the one you get for doing everything possible in the dressing room, and changed it to "And you were never seen again" or something like that, which just screams GRRL POWER to me.

This bad

Every fucking day that goes by this webm becomes a better description of what's going in my head

But if it's like a shitty line every few conversations or so that's fine, right? Like they don't change anything gameplay wise like making it easier, right?

My sweet summer child.

And now they're gonna get to see it all torn down and burnt.

NISA's localizations are as far off the mark as Working Designs was in the past. You're pretty much not playing the same game. Difficulty in gameplay isn't affected, but your ability to play the game most definitely is. NISA likes to add bugs that make the games crash. Some of these bugs are so bad that they can actually brick your system. They never bother patching these problems, either.

I thought this was uncensored for the Steam release but looking at it again it's the same as the Vita. Some third party sites with Steam achievement lists have it as "Hated By All Women", though. Weird. They must have changed it back at some point.

There has to be a workaround. Like I hear Memories has a PC port that's chinese but has an english translation, I've yet to play that yet because Origin is a massive game but that has to be a thing.

How buggy are we talking here? Are we talking Xanadu Next launch buggy(skills disappeared, plenty of grafix glitches, so on.), Mount and Blade buggy(just a few graphic glitches every now and then) or XCOM 2 buggy(near unplayable)?

Image related for samples of past fuckery.

I've seen some people in various threads here at times even claim they prefer NISA's style of rewriting to having a normal English script, and happily buy whatever NISA shits out. Safe to say they lurk amongst us.

You sure that was XSEED and not IFI? Or have both said similar?

And many more
They are the worst in localization, the only hope is that falcom gives a fuck about their game in the west and keep a gun on nisa head, but maybe they are just like the 90% of nips that dont give a fuck about what happens outside nipland.

I thought about it, and I realized I'd honestly rather have a Treehouse localization. That is how much I hate NISA.

I seriously have absolutely NO fucking idea how they manage to fuck up the translation and everything else that consistently. If they just put everything on google translate, the result would be better than every trash translation they did together.
Why do they do it? Why? WHY?

They're the same company now.

As I said, we're talking "using certain skills will brick your console" level.

90% sure it was XSeed. I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if I was.

All I know is ifi has said something similar and now does all their stuff in house.

I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be perfectly fine with smug anime girls memeing to break the ice as long as the game remains lewd and sexy.

How do you fuck up this bad

Its one thing for the translation to be absolute shit, but introducing bugs not there before?

Then again when Ninja Gaiden 3 for the NES was localized, they caused a bug that set damage values to maximum and never fixed it.

At least their games dont make your console explode?

Why did Xseed get the axe though? They've been involved for quite some time bringing over entries, plus its not like they'd be unwilling to being it over, so what gives?

If I remeber correctly, nish has censored tna before. And with nisa, you break systems.

This makes me genuinely sad. It really does.

Could there be a workaround? Again, two versions of Ys IV got translations.

Both have said similar things. Here's the Xseed interview. archive.is/4NA9A
I don't really trust Ken because suits always lie, this guy was there during the SK localization and I can't find any evidence he said jack shit to back Tom up then. Plus he says Valkyrie Drive might have needed more extensive censorship to come over, which pqube proved is complete bullshit. Pqube cut the ages again (which is confirmed to not be an actual issue ever and is always a result of publisher cowardice), but otherwise left it intact.

Yeah but it was on the NES. You gotta be a special kind of retard to fuck up replacing text with modern software.

Jews offer to undercut the competition and work like illegal spics aka they underbid xseed for the project and offered to do it faster. I hope they enjoy all of 20 copies sold in total.

Odds are NISA told falcom they can release the game faster, cheaper and are more bigger than xseed, so falcom went full retard.

Maybe Mistress Dina got hired by Falcom somehow and has convinced them to give the game to the clique?

With Neptunia games at least, it was a case of one man - Nick Doerr. He legit thought he was improving the scripts by flooding them with memes and making the characters more one-dimensional. He managed to jump onto IFI for a few nep games after NISA lost them, but eventually left to pursue a kickstarter project that didn't get funded.

archive.fo/IHRwr

I still wish PQube didn't panic and lie to their consumers. Who knows how long it'll take to get their faith back?

Please let them just learn from this and stay humans who properly localize and enjoy lewd videogames.

Keep crying bitch redditor

And to add to his butthurt, he threatened to return to localization if his project was not funded. He probably aint getting his job back.

NISA fucks up games so bad that workarounds aren't always possible. Look up Criminal Girls. NISA altered art assets, and there was some reason the original Japanese art couldn't be ripped and modded in, so there's no way to get an uncensored, PC version of Criminal Girls. The icing on the cake is that the Japanese Steam store uses the censored US release of Criminal Girls, so even the Japanese PC release got hit with the censorship that the console versions didn't.

Is that all you could come up with? Hahaha my god, you're pathetic.

For the 1000th fucking time how is it that this simple idea has only ever been done right like Advance Wars: Days or Ruin by NoA?

Perhaps with this, all two of the Japanese people who play PC games will be inspired to throw angry letters at the devs.

And thankfully they got pissed as I've read in the GG thread.

Now if there was only a better way to poke the bear harmlessly with censoring anything.

I believe there were workarounds that people found for a game or two bricking your console, but they don't give a fuck. I think Houk, one of the biggest faggots on the forum, completely dismissed it.

Why would they do this? How do they keep on doing this?
Will Falcom see low sales as a result of this and interpret that no one wants to play Ys games on PC anymore?

*without

Fucking niggers.

It depends on the damage, user.

NIS doesnt give a shit, at all.

Thank god it was just one retard.

Alt

Then why memes instead?

No.

Oh god, are the spam bots back? Fuck.

Actually, I'm even more salty now.

Fucking NISA.

Because they're SJW scumbags.

Most people don't know how bad things are censored, and even when they do know, their reaction is usually something like "It doesn't affect me, so I'll buy it anyway." This apathy and willingness to eat shit is the reason things just keep getting worse

Magic 8 ball says: Highly likely.

Of course, they don't. To them, PC sales are like finding a few coins under the cushions of your couch. They already got their money with the uncensored, console releases.

The nice thing is that we're starting to see some actual competition now. Xseed was too skittish about bringing over VD, so PQube took it instead. If PQube doesn't improve, there'll be an opportunity for other teams to step up.

Okay, I'm just braindead at the moment, ignore my shitty post.

No harm.

Is there any way we can send a message to Falcom to strongly reconsider having them choose NISA as localizers? They do have an English PR team, right? If we make enough noise, surely they can reconsider?

Yeah, they're not gonna listen to shi,t we need to talk to the falcom directly, not the fucking translation team.

Dont expect them to drop nisa. Feel free to let them know, but there is probably a contract already drafted, and signed, and breaking the contract will most likly harm falcom.

What would a Japanese dev studio think if a game got bombarded by reported import sales while doing absolutely shit in localizations?

Except that's exactly what your fucking doing.

I'm having Ninja Theroy flash backs of "Dante would get laughed out of a bar outside of japan" and "Bayonetta is too Japanese"

Not sure. We've seen what happens when a company elects to not release a game in Anglo countries, but releases an Asia English version (DoAX3, massive sales), but I think this would be uncharted territory if this were to happen with Ys VIII.

Shit I too many spaces bettween the lines. sorry for my cancerous post.

Jesus, thats worse than Falcom going up to them directly. Of all the companies though I still wonder why NISA. Why in the fuck did they want the Ys license when they already have dangit ron paul? And if Falcom wanted to cheap out why didnt they give it to the company that brought over Gurumin, the company who at least worked on one fucking Falcom game?

What is there to even censor in Ys? What are you degenerate pillowfuckers even worried about?

CANCER GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT OF MY INDUSTRY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't think any of that money went directly to KT, though, so I don't think they'll reconsider their business strategy for that.

He's not wrong about the kanji. He's just explaining it really stupid. What he's saying is that stuff like the name Kobayashi can be written with two kanji, 小林, while we need 9 letters to write it in English. In older games with much more limited text entry, this was a legitimate issue. These limitations are almost all gone at this point, though, so he's full of shit. The whole "I have better ideas of what to do with someone else's work than the original creator" thing was just flat out infuriating.

Whos the dumbass who said that? Shes actually less japanese than most characters

Honest to god, they should invest in their own inhouse like ifi. It probably would cost less in the long term.

About as direct as you could have gotten. Import stores ordered it, sold gangbusters, and ordered more so they could continue to sell gangbusters.

…Do publishers ever bother to track where their stock is going?

Exactly. You'd think over the years they'd at least get better about the bugs they introduce/uncover, but they just seem to get worse and worse. They can't seem to be trained that more accurate translation, less/no bugs, and no censorship would likely get them more sales either, since for a good while any actually half decent job they do (Demon Gaze comes to mind) is pretty much a one-off and not the sort of quality to expect of them, and they pretty much revert back to being shit. Honestly, it's as if they willfully ruin games they handle, and for a company whose whole shtick has been to bring games west few others wanted to touch (I mean, beyond them having to bring over what their parent company wants them to as a priority), they sure seem to fucking hate a lot of the elements that make said games niche.

If they dropped localizing entirely, and went to just being solely a distribution company, they'd probably be much more likable.

Thanks for the Ar Nosurge image, was looking for it. Really glad Gust is out of NISA's hands now, LEs aside (which NISA only handles the distribution of), though TK could stand to make their own storefront and cut them out entirely.

Saved.

Worth adding to that that while Project Metafalica did eventually find ways around some of the issues NISA caused, NISA caused them a number of issues, even as fan-(re)translators, for Ar Tonelico II. It's as if it was a built in "fuck you" to people that might want to fix the English version of the games they handled. Taken from a 2014 post by Soukyuu:

at2.metalbat.com/?p=471

Sadly, I have to wonder if, with cases like New Zealand outright banning Gal*Gun over "sexualization of minors", these companies will just feel like they have even more of a substantiated reason for removing ages at minimum, and perhaps more if worse.

Did you forget about Ben "The best part of localization is fixing icky things" Bateman?

It's not just NISA being censorprone, it's also their general fuckery with scripts and bugs. They are inept, be it accidentally or willfully, to the point you can expect most games they handle these days to be fucked with.

I didn't get angry simply because I read it entirely as "I'll change it if I feel the replacement better fits the way the characters express themselves".

In translation.

If you were to takes a profane delinquent and basically localize them into the way Audrey from HuniePop talks, I couldn't a serious issue.

Sounds like a fucking retarded faggot. Shouldn't be too hard with enough ridicule and hate to eventually turn the shit full lolcow.

Tameem Antoniades The Head of Ninja theroy.

Weren't the devs of DG pretty much on their case most of the time?

It's more than that. Ys will likely have gamebreaking bugs and other bullshit in it now.

So glad that faggot got eternally blown the fuck out.

DEGENERATE SCUM
GO FIND A WIFE
NOT A WAIFU

And now ninja theory is pretty much dead. I laugh at them.

I really wish the more faithful to their consumers developers would help endorse an official export service for Japanese games by partnering with PlayAsia.

oh
how does localizing a game change anything with the gameplay or how the game functions?

The theory is nice on paper, but think about what he's saying. He's saying that he knows better than the original creators what the characters would do or say in a given situation. That's the kind of thinking that gave us The Force Awakens. The prequel trilogy might have been shit, but it still felt like Star Wars because it was Lucas behind it.

You don't see a serious problem because what you're describing isn't NISA style localization but rather a decent translation. What NISA does is more like taking a profane delinquent and adding that the reason she's like that is because of her strong desire to break gender stereotypes.

With the good ole' NISA magic™

They may as well, they could set up a tiny office, bring in people that worked on the series, and all will be fine in the world again. But with fucking NISA all I feel is disgust thinking of what they probably did to steal the rights.

I just hope they only have the rights to this game in particular, and not the entire series where all future sales go to them, or worse they pull a Duke Nukem World Tour where they take down the superior versions and replace it with their shitty versions.

They'll be the same thing when he makes anime real.

You'd think it wouldn't, but NISA finds a way to fuck things up. Playing Disgaea D2 was a goddamn nightmare because the game would lock up and the PS3 made funky noises, which killed any drive to play it. I don't even know what they did to fuck up the goddamn intro but they somehow did and it just ends abruptly.

Oh, thanks. I almost thought nipponese games still had that limitation, and it scared me a little bit.

(checked)
Nice trips.

Having NISA localize a game has a 120% chance of game breaking and console damaging bugs, shitty translation making the story actual torture, the list goes on and may get worse with each new game.

Might be wrong, but as far as NIS games go, can't they only localize what their parent company clears them to anyhow? Though if so, it's a bit surprising they'd let that new Criminal Girls overseas after how badly the prior one sold due to NISA's censorship.

They have an established list of games they've brought west that likely influences companies to hire them. And I'm sure NISA does their best to make sure they're unaware of how they trend towards being shit.

Most likely, and perhaps not even in regards to the PC versions. Best case, they look at the sales of the games XSEED handled and compare it with NISA's handling and start to wonder if NISA's doing something wrong.

As says, they've probably already gotten stuff written up, and it wouldn't surprise me if NISA's already part way through butchering the game. Most companies seem to start working on stuff before announcing it.

Maybe see if any anons in the moonspeak thread could translate an inquiry to Falcom into Japanese? Though, it wouldn't surprise me if they just laugh at people wanting to play games in English in the first place.

Ben Bateman used to be at Aksys, and in retrospect there, his statement about localization makes me a bit happy that his desire to bring Earth Seeker west never went anywhere. Not sure where he's fucked off to, but Aksys is still pretty hit or miss without him. At least their English script for Muramasa Rebirth was good (though, that might have been a big concern for them to get right, considering Ignition's prior script was notably bad).

I've heard rumor about that, but there's apparently no real proof to be found. Either way, it turned out decent considering their usual standards, but "decent" quality with them is an exception rather than what they generally aim for.

now what's your excuse for not learning 日本語 yet?

Bateman is freelance, and pops up in even more recent aksys credits from time to time.

my memory sucks and i have a hard time learning stuff. I think i have a really low IQ

According to one (or more) of the attention whoring pressfaggots who frequent our humble board, NISA is, apparently, amazingly good at PR and dicksucking. I'm sure the long list of games they've done helps grease the wheels as well, but good PR goes a long way.

It's not like the nips can read all the online backlash and hate anyways, so what NISA is able to spin, in person, probably outweighs things at this level of business.

At least it actually is going to be on PC. Xseed didn't port anything, two other companies did. This is such a better deal despite what reddit's Xidf says it is.

I gotta respect that amount of dedication to fucking with weeaboos, though i'll never but that shit.

If only they can take that same level of PR and apply that to their games. I just wonder if this will be the first of many things NISA will do, I'm flat out paranoid that they will do this shit more often to fuck over Xseed and get the rights to games like Story of Seasons or fucking Senran Kagura

Mastiff is still a company that opts to censor (La Pucelle in particular getting hit hard, but Gurumin also got censored as well). And at the very least, you'd think that Konami would have been a choice, since they'd at least brought Ys over before (YS VI for PS2 and PSP). Then again, Konami seems to want out of vidya anyhow, given how many fans of various series they've thrown under the bus in favor of pachinko and mobile, so giving them money would still be bad, but maybe the translation would be less at risk? Just a though.

Was he fired or did he leave on his own? Or was he always freelance to begin with?

Yeah, I remember hearing that before, from an user that apparently worked for Techraptor or something.

Dunno, all I know is that sometimes I see his shitty name every once in a while.

I don't know what to tell you man. Once NISA gets involved, your only recourse is to steel your resolve and actively do your best to discourage any and all sales. It's truly deplorable, but every single series they get their filthy paws on must burn for the greater good.

I don't doubt he means replacing it with memes, but there isn't in fact anything wrong with that sentence on principle alone. Humor is the prime example why you can't just transpose everything literally word for word.

RIP XSEED.

I'm lazy, and even though I can memorize stuff fast, it's boring as fuck to read all those moonrunes.

Part of me wonders if, with Atlus having told them to fuck off in regards to bringing Atlus' games to PAL in the future (Atlus having used companies like them and Ghostlight prior instead of opening their own branch), NISA might have more freed up people/time and a gap in their potential profit to fill, and thus have opted to go try to find projects to do with companies that they hadn't been working with prior.

Sad thing is that a LOT of localization companies/teams seem prone to being cancer, especially some of the better known ones (8-4 being a good example lately, though in the past they were more hit or miss on a game-to-game basis than constantly in the toilet). Playing through various older games I occasionally come across a group or team I haven't heard of before who seemed to do a decent job, but looking for more information on them reveals little. I speculate some of those were freelance regular translation groups, but if not might have very well been absorbed by other companies or were driven out of business by the current crop.

The company that owns xseed is the one that makes the game, it's why xseed is publishing the games now in the first place and not Natsume.

Is that actually true, and if it is, is it something only hardcore spergs would give a shit about like the ages in that Valkyrie game.

Because it's not simple enough for my shitty selective brain to learn yet.

I have to play Trails in the Sky eventually just for her.

If it were possible for me to become a waifufag, I'd possibly head over heels by now,

There is no excuse, i simply refuse to listen to weebs and or shills.

You'd be suprised how many metaphores, analogies and puns have english equivalents. And in the end, what is needed is the feeling of the original line.

I don't give a fuck about removing ages because I know for certain they're still officially sexy fanservice yuri teenagers no matter how much retard asshurt that causes, I only cared they weren't honest and couldn't just take the higher route and admit it.

At the end of the day they lied to their consumers, especially in this shitty retarded time where people are worried about absolutely nothing being fucked with because of triggering or moralfaggotry more than ever, and whenever it was they had to remove ages like Senran Kagura, they had a moment of weakness and took what they thought was the safest route for profits for such a hyped up English release.

That shit's going to haunt them until they prove it was just a onetime mistake.

It's up to NISA to fuck everything up

Alright, I'm going to translate literally one of the most famous jokes of french humorist raymond devos. (1:57 in embed)
"TVA. You know the secret fiscal sense of these three letters ? If you take the first two letters, TV, it means Did you pay your TV tax ? VA - Go pay your TV tax. TA - Did you pay your TV tax ? No ? Then go pay it.
Even if you take the letters in reverse, it makes you think of something. AV - Did you pay your TV tax ? AT - Hurry to pay your TV tax ! VT - Get dressed and hurry to pay your TV tax !"
Makes no sense, right ? "Did you pay your TV tax" even comes up multiple times because French has multiple formality levels to say "Did you" while English has only one.
But I'm sure you got the feeling of the original line.

CY+2 started on such an upnote and now this

La Pucelle saw religious censorship. From wikipedia:
Supposedly Mastiff regrets what they did to La Pucelle these days.

As for Gurumin, from a post Tom/Wyrdwad actually wrote in response to Mastiff opting to get the game on Steam (came up via googling):
From the sound of it, the apparent censorship of the healing station animation was on Falcom's own end, perhaps due to Sony having different rules for the PSP than Falcom had to deal with for PC, so I might be wrong about Mastiff themselves having censored it. Also not entirely sure how the Steam version turned out, whether either of those were changed for better or worse (somehow I doubt it with the healing station).

Yes, in a game where the MC is a FUCKING NUN WHO WORKS FOR THE IN-GAME VERSION OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, crosses had no meaning. I heard it years ago when the game was released, and it still pisses me off to this day.

What goes on through these people's heads?

Guess I should pick that back up and find out for myself.

Any idea if the PSP extended port simply saw a script rip for the prior content, or was it given a ground up translation that avoids the censorship?

Here's the funny thing. That came west in 2004, and they opted to censor the religious iconography. Meanwhile, Shadow Hearts (2001) and its sequel, Shadow Hearts: Covenant (2004) both have a focus on the Catholic Church and get away with crosses, bibles, churches, etc (and the Catholic iconography and church members aren't always shown in the best light; I recall one equipable Bible being made out of flayed human flesh), and Covenant was released later in 2004 than La Pucelle was so it doesn't seem like it got affected by those "well organized forces". I'm honestly not real sure what Mastiff would have been afraid of when both of those Shadow Hearts games were able to get away with it, and looking at Mastiff's wikipedia page, they weren't an outright "new" company, but had already had a few PS1 games under their belt. Just screams them having wanted to play it as safe as they could anyhow with the notion that it would either outright get them more sales, or that avoiding a shitstorm from watchdog groups, or whoever their boogeyman was, would help.

Could always maybe ask in a Falcom thread how it turned out.

No idea. By the time the PSP version was out, I was fluent in moon and never bought another US release of a Japanese game until Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (a decision I regret greatly because the US version is getting one out of every 3 updates the Japanese version gets. Fuck the Vita general for ignoring my question when I specifically asked about that kind of thing).

Yeah, unfortunately the Vita threads here these days have gotten really slow; much slower than I remember them even being pre-Henkaku and pirates speeding the threads up for a while.

I think part of it is that the PS4 has been getting weebshit lately, so folks have been busy with that.

I know Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2, and Nioh have been devouring my time.

I don't know, I've wondered if maybe people that used to post there have left for other sites. Though in general Holla Forums has seemed slower too on the whole for a while. Plus, I'd think that if people were switching over to the PS4, you might see more of a recurring PS4 thread the way the Vita has had one.

Holla Forums shitposts PS4 threads to death, not so much Vita.

But yeah Holla Forums is slower these days anyway.

I never said all, just that you'd be suprised what is translatable or has an eglish equivalent.

well shit

日本語が勉強してよかったです。

いいな、本のゲームを遊ぶことが。 

自殺をしたい

I'm not even confident I typed that shit right. I need to hit the books more.

Ying yang to you guys too.

Gurumin was alright but the fact that they gave it away for free if you had voted for it on steam greenlight probably didn't help sales. I don't know if the game originally feels "choppy" and kind of slowed down but otherwise it was good. And the wallpapers you got were pretty good.

What a load of shit.

Who knew that learning a language with anons on Holla Forums could be so successful. A very fulfilling experience to be sure.

On that note, I need to improve my grammar and want to read some easy to read manga. Anyone have recommendations?

Define weebshit.

Yotsubato and Ryuushika Ryuushika are both really good. Not only are they simple to read, but they are basically the exact same manga. You could also pick up practically any shounenshit manga and have at it.

I read through the vast majority of TLR:darkness in nip and it was pretty smooth going, so I guess I'm recommending that as well. TLRD is really good and every man on the planet should read it.

Reminder that furigana is a crutch and will make you learn slower.

I'll touch Darkness when Harem Route is 100% confirmed and most of all, hopefully not with Saki, who should only ultimately fuck Zastin.

this nigga. Harem route is all-but confirmed. There are many, many, many developments in Darkness that you need to catch up on, but suffice to say Rito is definitely not going to be settling with Sairenji, despite what recent events may have you believe.

There are some girls in Darkness that have been pushed so far into the background that they have nearly disappeared. Saki is one of them. I share your enthusiasm though. I really like Zastin and want the best for him, including a serious role in the story and the cute drillhair that wants his D.

How are they even still in business?

Because Holla Forums is an ever dwindling minority and nobody outside of it really listens to what they have to say.

Aint trying to start shit, just calling it like i see it.

Perhaps a good place to start would be not acting like the biggest sperg retards when interacting with normalfags trying to spread awareness.

The kikes are funding them too.

No, you're right. It's why vidya's been pandering to normalfags for a couple of years; it makes more money for the companies. Though, I don't know if NISA could be considered a normalfag company with the sorts of games it deals with; it's just a fucking bad company.

Fuck off, Holla Forums, nobody asked you.

There's also the simple truth that normalfags actually buy games.
Holla Forums doesn't even buy games they like.
Holla Forums doesn't understand how capitalism works.

I don't think the issue is that "people won't listen to Holla Forums" but that most people aren't even aware of this bullshit to a degree that may cause a large boycott. Remember that not every consumer actively interacts with any game related community online, and that may lead to them just enjoying the product while being oblivious to the better alternative that was denied by the localizers involved.
The NIDF is a different matter and a whole new level of cancer, but I don't believe they make up the majority of purchases for the games they publish.

Listen here fuckface ,it is you that come to this place so it's up to you to learn the rules , the dos and dont's and is deemed acceptable and what is not in this place and not the other way around

Being nice to n00bs is what killed the internet.

She's more of a best big sister rather than waifu.

Nothing.
Holla Forums can be as retarded as they want, it's just incredibly ironic that they then bitch about normalfags not listening to them, and consequently the industry doesn't give a shit about them.

It's either one or the other.
Either you act like a retard, and people ignore you, or you try to be reasonable, and people will listen to you.
You can't have it both ways.

Yes, and Holla Forums could help.
Holla Forums could organize and spread the word that NISA is a terrible company, providing hard evidence, pushing objective, impartial proof that they're bad at their job.
But they don't, because Holla Forums has forgotten how to send an unified, unbiased message to the masses.
Holla Forums is essentially doing themselves a huge disservice but they're too retarded to even realize it.

As far as I've seen even your more or less average forum/twitter/[insert normalfag platform]-goer knows NISA is shit, so I doubt it has much to do with information not getting out.
I mean hell, regardless of how casual someone might be, shit on the level of bricking consoles isn't something anyone would want to deal with if they had the choice.
Its really kept alive solely by people having no alternative than just tolerate being shat and hating every second of it, just to get their english text on their vidya.

Censored Girls and Mugen Souls 1&2 both sold like dogshit, specifically because of backlash to the censorship. The problem is that NISA made the conscious decision at that time to kick their old and faithful consumers to the curb, and hit it up with their new target market. Tumblr weebs.

Unfortunately for all of us, this was wildly successful. Doubly unfortunately, a decent sized chunk of the old-guard came crawling back shortly thereafter because they are thirsty and pathetic nigs. When you tack on the NIDF, then you've got a recipe for misfortune.

I'm Trying to learn Japanese. Should I play the translated SNES JRPGs first then play them in Native Japanese or should I approach this in a different way?

Normalfags, casual audience, wider audience can mean everyone outside of the core demographic that it can appeal to. It's so broad of an audience it could be the entire population of the planet. The normalfag can represent any number of people that can greatly out number any sales another person can bring up.

that being said people who do buy AAA games have millions of copies sold, compared to 8/v/ which has a population of 2000 users so of course our sales will seem minimal and unnoticeable.
How can you make the call that no one on Holla Forums buys the games, how can you even tell when Holla Forums does buy the games

It's not like disposable weebshit game no. 218734242 could get any worse.

Falcom games that have been localized by XSeed are one of the few games people on Holla Forums actually buy.

Not users, ranges. It's means that Holla Forums posters come from 2000/16384 x 100 = 12.2% of the possible ranges on the internet.

Mein Negro. I want to protect Tita's smile.

Xseed did a pretty good job considering how bloody long SC is.

Just end it already.

Hell, let me present a possible scenario if Holla Forums wasn't composed of fucking retards:

There's a chunk of Holla Forums that knows moonrunes, and actively spends years learning it.
You take that chunk, and make it collaborate with the rest of Holla Forums.
You put together all the objective proof, with SIDE TO SIDE COMPARISON of the japanese and english text, highlighting how it doesn't convey the original meaning, and providing examples of better translations.
Additionally, you provide proof that NISA has, in the past, broken games in the west with their shoddy work.

You take all of this, explain all of it in HUGE BOLD JAPANESE KANJI so it's absolutely clear what you're trying to say, and then you send it to all the major japanese developers.
You sen id to any person of importance in the japanese video game business.

You ALL send it, en masse, you overwhelm them with proof in a way they can easily understand that NISA is fucking their shit up.
Maybe they don't care, maybe they just see profits, but at least you make them FULLY AWARE of what they're doing.

It would be better than crying and hugboxing each other like you're all doing now.
You have the means, and the numbers, to actually pull something like this off, you choose not to organize and at least try to find a way to get your message across, it's not much, but it would be SOMETHING.

Epic

Yeah, me too.
I also want to deflower and impregnate Tita and take responsibility

Their fans have a disturbing Stockholm syndrome type loyalty to them.

Can you please show proof Rito's finally opened up to it using his own quotes or at least internal monologue?

Not enough cannons.

Rito is gay. I dunno why people like TLR when the main character clearly has no interest in women.

Well, I can already tell you guys one thing that's in danger- Dana's Style Change.

Because blackface.

I like the girls and I want him to stop being a faggot when he at least could get angry enough to punch unlike other faggot MCs and at least bang Lala, Yui, Run and the blonde titty sensei.

Now I want Gundramon to get a Burst Mode or even a DNA Digivolution.

srry I didn't do them. This was done back in an old 4chan thread. contained the post number 213007676

Here, I made a super shitty collage of some moments from recent chapters. He's wavering and just gently turned down Sairenji (his #1 girl) for "reasons."

Those reasons are that this limpdicked indecisive nerdlet is finally putting on his bigdicken pants and doing the harem. It's happening.

Oh man, this hurts to read even more. What possible reason could Falcom have to drop XSEED? They seemed quite pleased with the western performance of their Ys releases. I guess I'll import it? I don't even know. I love Ys but I can't justify paying NISA, ever.

Guess it's a good thing I started studying kanji in earnest last month. Not good enough to get through a game without stopping frequently, but maybe it'll help.

There is always bad with good. When good things happened for the first 6 weeks we should have been bracing for the bad news. There will undoubtedly be more bad to come until it balances out.

Do it yourself fag.

if normalfags would listen to reason there wouldn't be no Anita shekelstein , there would be no overbloated kikestarter projects that turned out/will turn out to be complete scams ,no fucking pre-order shit becoming the norm , no season passes ,day 1 patches, twitch whores , paid mods because when Holla Forums pointed all that shit out for the cancer they truned out to be as they were happening , did normalfags listen?
NO THEY FUCKING DID NOT
It took 4 FUCKING YEARS , countless of their money and their time wasted before anything even remotely resembling a clue to start seeping in the amalgam of shit , straw and hype that they call a brain so that they can even begin to get it.
As for the companies the truth is far more simpler : they just don't care ;and they just don't care as long as their pocket remains full of money normalfag or other , but just like the democrat party found out in the previous elections they will have start to care when the normalfags eventually lose interest and move on to whatever is trendy at that time and that well of money eventually runs dry and their core voter base consumer base that they were previously taking for granted isn't there anymore to pick up the slack
So fuck the pony you rode in , ,fuck the pony's mother fuck the fucking guy that fed the pony and his mother and the guy's mother's mother fuck your fucking family , fuck your fucking dog and his bitches ,fuck your fucking hometown , and finally fuck you and your "give everyone a hug" reddit mentality. Normalfags that are still clueless in spite of everything that has occured so far are a lost cause and so are you , lurk some fucking moar or get the fuck off of my fucking board

I can understand your point, but this user is spot on. Normalfags don't give a fuck. No one gives a fuck and nothing can be done other than voting with your wallet. And even that won't change a thing because for every thinker there are hundreds of morons giving their money in his place. Vidya are in the decline. Salvage what you can and try to move on to another hobby that didn't turn into shit, yet.

私は日本語おあ習っています。難しいです。でも私わN5合格しました。

Then I got lazy and I'm way behind on where I should be for N4.

If you truly 100% believe nothing can be done whatsoever, then stop complaining.
Learn moon and stop giving a fuck, or change hobby so those of us that remain here can actually discuss video games instead of being forced to watch this bawwfest circlejerk every single day for years on end.

ですけど、僕はすでに日本語が話せる、あほ。

Then you have no reason to be here.
As far as you're concerned you're above these crying plebs, just enjoy your vidya.

You mean Nintendo Treehouse?

So I'm curious about the actual game. How's the whole 3D multiple characters deal working out for Ys? Are the bosses and music still one of the best in the industry, is Adol still a badass chick magnet, etc?

I've heard playing the pokemon games are pretty good for someone that is still learning Nip runes.

Yes I do have a reason. I just want you to stop your suffering, user. You can't reason with idiots and greedy cunts.

I think the majority of it is that they don't give a shit about sales because they get paid either way.
At least they do if the operate the same as Treehouse. Basically the more shit they change means they can go to the original developer/publisher and say, "look, we've had to change all this shit for (((reasons))). Give us more money for it".
The fact that is suits their agenda to do so is presumably just a perk for them.

I'm still pissed they never picked up that Yandere VN from their parent company despite popular demand for it.

TIME TO LEARN MOON

TIME TO LEARN MOON

TIME TO LEARN MOON

TIME TO LEARN MOON

TIME TO LEARN MOON

TIME TO LEARN MOON

TIME TO LEARN MOON

TIME TO LEARN MOON

TIME TO LEARN MOON

TIME TO LEARN MOON

TIME TO LEARN MOON

TIME TO LEARN MOON

TIME TO LEARN MOON

TIME TO LEARN MOON

TIME TO LEARN MOON

TIME TO LEARN MOON

Stick around Satan, you'll see them crawl out of the woodwork right in this thread.

But thats wrong you little shit

Steam forums. They're working on an overhaul mod for pretty much everything.

Pretty sure he was talking about the Vita version where NISA in their infinite wisdom hardcoded the censorship in the eboot and dropping the translation into the Japanese version to get around it causes the game to crash.

Fucking why. I haven't played an Ys game in ages, but why.

Yeah NISA a shit, but this really sours me on Xseed and leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially considering how fucking cringeworthy Cold Steels dub was.

Sometimes, once in a blue moon, NISA does a good translation and doesn't somehow screw code up in a way the game bricks your console. I sure as fuck hope Ys games will be done well because I want a good experience by the time they finally come to PC.

Shitty how Xseed was treated, though on the other side their translations did take very long. One upside is NISA will definitely work way faster, though the downside is they might quite literally burn and melt consolefags' shit if they didn't learn how to do their job properly yet.

But it looks like he feels like he has to do it, not actually wants to.

That's not good from a thematic angle whatsoever. He has to happily support it or shit's going to get fucked in a later chapter if his heart isn't in it. What has Yabuki said recently?

They have no reason to learn to do their jobs properly, because they keep getting away with the shit they do and they keep getting these contracts to (((localise))) games.
They're the software equivalent of Sweeney Todd.

Yeah, in all fairness, that one point is pretty shady. Some people said that Falcom recently reviewed their stance on exporting the JP dub (due to complaints?) but the timing is a bit too convenient

I don't understand why this keep happening. Does NISA simply have god tier salesmen? Or are they just cheap?

An example that can't be translated well from English to other languages, if taken word for word:

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

Tokyo Xanadu is Japanese dub only as well. It could very well have been a contract thing with Xseed.

Its impossible to know for sure until verifiable source talks about it but noone really want to go on record to tell us plebs how these voice contracts work because it would royally piss off the japs and guarantee will never land a publishing deal ever again.

Time to learn Japanese. Too bad you can't learn Japanese.

They don't work fast enough and will likely be busy with the Trails games. That's probably the same reason they're not bringing over Tokyo Xanadu.

But user, I believe in you. If you're disciplined and dedicated you can definitely learn enough to start understanding and conversion of a basic level. It only goes uphill from there.

Probably because they're slow as shit, but I can't say for sure. The writing was on the wall when NISA announced Tokyo Xanadu and when Ys 8 went this long without an announcement despite it being the closest thing Falcom has to mainstream title and surefire sales.

They have connections, which will get you far further than if you simply translate well, since translation is like UI development when it comes to vidya: you can do the absolute best translation job known to man and people still won't give even the slightest shit about it being good. So because NISA does a just barely average job, excluding the issues people have with it, they can get work for pretty much any company due to how many games they have worked on.

You can. Basically, it's reading Tae Kim and then punching Heisig into your brain via Anki until you drop.
For reading, that is. If you want phonetic practice, become friends with a native Japanese.

All the grammar I've earned o far is from human Japanese and talking with pals. I only visited Tae Kim once and didn't understand how to navigate the site. Mind helping me out?

Also, what do you use for getting to know natives? I use lang8 and hellotalk. Are there any other, perhaps better, alternatives?

Who's translating the Vita port of Origin?

Heisig is for kanji, it's not going to teach you any real vocab.

This how I imagined the way they stole this from fucking xSeed.

UI design really *is* underappreciated. I for one can marvel as well designed game UI's. Sadly most game UI's are either bland or over designed.

This is just like my Japanese anime.

What the fuck did i just watch

Please get back in this thread and respond before I have to backtrace your ass.

I just need to learn how to fucking read and type it properly.

It's structured like a book. There's a pdf version:
guidetojapanese.org/grammar_guide.pdf
Regarding meeting people, I'm sorry, but I don't have a specific method. Any and all acquaintances I've made happened by chance and due to shared interests.
Pick a franchise with a big Japanese doujin scene, I guess.

Teaching meaning and writing of the jouyou is what "Remembering the Kanji" is about, yeah. It doesn't teach you any readings until volume two.
I still think it's the best way to approach the subject auto-didactically because
a) For personal immediate use, reading is the most useful skill to have (e.g. games, manga);
b) Personally speaking, it's easier to associate phonems to an ideogram later than vice-versa, or doing all at the same time (phonem-morphem-meaning). Especially in direct contact with others, you tend to pick up phonems very quickly;
c) the alternative would be suggesting Kanji Damage.

I know someone who defends this and says it's only one very specific playstations and that they couldn't test every model of the fucking PS3. He also says he can't judge everything else Nisa does because he hasn't personally experienced it. It's like everytime you mentioned NISA, he turns out all logic in his god damn brain. He's even had one of their games hard lock his fucking console and he just took it in stride like he wasn't blaming NISA.

Gal Gun's localization is questionable though, at least from what I've compared on a "requests" translation, and a few specific lines that are memes. Also did the original have any ages specified? The girls all have birthdays but no actual year. This is obviously in connection to Valkyrie Drive.

You mean freeze right? This same claim was made about Mighty No. 9 and it was just some moron being loose with wording.

Didn't that game get uncensored recently?

Localization and incompetence.

Her.

That's what I don't get. normalfags don't buy those games anyway, it's all about the core audience who want a faithful translation and as little censored as possible.

"Welcome aboard!"

You forgot console and hard drive destroying glitches.

Just normal Japanese girls being cute as usual.

Why can't they do lewd things instead of violence?

Okay, actually now I do not mind NISA taking Ys over at all. It's possible XSEED wouldn't have even been able to release it on PC or they would've taken 1-2 years more at least. Since so far no NISA PC port melted anyone's shit and they can sometimes do a good localization, I hope this won't start their shit streak.

What about Ys7/Memories of Celceta though? I remember them being on Steam Greenlight, I want them too.

You sound like a retarded fucking shill.

Never forgive, Never forget.

The problem with Xseed is that they are really fucking slow, their PC ports are incompetent at best, no dual audio and that slowness make Japs nervous. NISA offers a cheaper and faster service by butchering translations, censorship, cutting text/content, bugs and glitches. But hey at least FALCOM gets that money faster.

Is it about text?

NEVER FOREVER NISA

It's not my shit that can be burnt by the localisation of the game but the consoles of PSfags so of course I am glad it actually comes to PC in time. So far NISA didn't want to destroy PC hardware like they did PS3's and people can always fix their censorship with mods here and pirate. If anything's up, I know my internet has no limits

There is a curator that tracks and details all censorship in steam, if there is a way to uncensor he will put a guide

You cant fix something that isnt there, user.

How is Falcom going to get money faster if I'm never going to buy a game with NISA logo on it?

Tokyo Xanadu is AKSYS.

What was the last game AKSYS put out with English audio? It certainly wasn't the latest versions of BlazBlue and Guilty Gear.

It's not a contract thing, it's AKSYS giving up.

I'm sure you must buy games from Bethesda you fag.

It's one of the few games on PC so most probably yes.

im sorry for your lots ysfags

Probably zero escape 3.

I really wish nip devs would realize that their games are niche for the west and should be presented as such.
This pursuit of sales is understandable, but holy fuck is it low. I really wish there a choice between translation and localization.
I guess it's time for The Final Solution: learning moon.

Nigger, Treehouse may have completely omitted complete pieces of dialog, for sure, but at the very least they haven't broken a game to the point where for some people it consistently crashes on the same spot, causing the game to be unbeatable, which they NEVER FUCKING FIXED.

They also did pic related, which speaks for itself.
They seriously put that in a game. They really sold it with that line in it.

Also don't try to go thinking I'm defending Treehouse, they're also a huge fucking cancer on the industry, they're just not the absolute worst

Progression, nigger. Much like Rito was stuck inbetween choosing Lala/Haruna for all of regular TLR, he was stuck between Harem/Polygamy for much of TLD:R (at least when it wasn't being a shounen manga.) Since TLD:R is ending very shortly with another one rising like a phoenix to take it's place, I'm certain it'll end in a big way, just like TLR, that seemingly progresses the situation at hand and sets the stage for the new TLR.

In other words, it's harem time a go go. It's already set in stone boy~o. He even turned down Haruna, and he's been heavily considering his "responsibility" to all the girls aka harem hijinks.

Nioh and Yakuza next, Persona is trash, meme magic is real.
I'll be enjoying the only unfucked english version without paying a dime.
Go back to NeoCuckFag/v/

Meme magic only works for people who aren't low energy, you bait shows otherwise.

they singlehandely made nintendo from something Holla Forums finds amazing to something Holla Forums finds repulsive

Fuck, I always thought that was an edit.

Was that an edit made by the translators of the original Danganronpa?
I do not remember him saying that (I never finished his story tho).

neither will i but plenty of idiots will, otherwise NISA would be long gone.

No I don't remember him saying it either, though it's been a while since I last played it and there's a good chance I've destroyed the section of my brain where that particular memory is located with alcohol since then.
Plus knowing NISAs track record, I'm not willing to dismiss it as an edit outright.

No, the alternative would be studying vocab separately with and Anki deck like core5k, like 99% of the Japanese language students I've spoken with.

That's a fan translation.

archive.is/TBgRx

Archived only because I know someone is gonna sperg out about a direct forum link to the Literally Hitler of localization.

Nip devs could give less of a shit. They make the games for the Japanese market, anything outside of that is not their concern.

This, everyone here complains about the industry, bitches about consoles and then you get entire generals for PS4 games which proves you are a bunch of hypocrites.

you dropped this

What's the context of this?

Dual audio+ uncensored> Xseed.

Here's the thing, dip. It's NISA. It's a certainty they'll censor the game unlike XSEED.

Hell, XSEED gave half of SC to Carpe Fulger, the same people from the Fortune Summoner's and Recettear and a few of their internal workers are real fags. I have a feeling a couple of XSEED workers had them on tight leashes during.

Good joke, next you're gonna say that they'll stay true to the original japanese text and not rewrite characters or add memes.

Thank god, the more buttblasted weebs not being able to have their "authentic" dialogue the better.
Weebs truly are the disease of this world.

How do they keep getting contracts ?
Are they the cheapest there are ?
Do they have an awesome salesman team in Japan ?
Do they have blackmails on most companies I like ?

People buy the shit they localize.
If it sells there's no reason to listen to complaints.

I knew I read something like that. Good.

They have a huge list of worked on games and quantity looks better than quality.
Most likely one of the cheapest companies.
I think it's just the combo of having a large list of games under their belt and being cheap. They just have to say, "Look, we did all of these games pretty quickly and they were all received pretty well. If that's not enough we'll work for cheap to ensure you'll all get the returns you want."

In the end it's all business.

The Japs probably don't know. I'd lose my mind if people were destroying my life's work.

Brittany really wasn't taking it well and having to bottle that up and keep in on lock must have been the hardest shit.

Xenogears creator wife was defending Xenoblade X censorship and looking at her twitter comments she is borderline feminist or degenerate leftist. Most japs don't care about their creation outside japan. That's why fuck both westerners and japs. Non deserve your support.

Not really a good example, since he also made Xenoblade X and she's expected to support his product. You aren't often going to find a creator that openly defies the business interests of their publisher by shitting on the western release. That goes the same for their family, because that reflects on them too.

Context, please.

To me, the uninformed, it looks to me more like you're bitching because the big bad anime company didn't give you tits in the original version.

We're niche audience for these games in the west. Sending letters to Falcom might actually do something.

In the Japanese version of Sword Art Online, the CG was censored but in the American release, the CG was unmodified. It makes no sense why a country who doesn't have a problem with sexuality would have the censored CG but America gets the uncensored scene despite being more prudish & the identity politics that plague the industry.

That IS odd.

Most likely the publishers fault. The Japanese publishers for whatever reason had a problem with the scene while the American publishers did not.

That's my concern on the Japanese not being immune to self-censorship. I haven't found their reasoning for it, but it doesn't give me good signs because if that sold lot of copies in Japan, then I suspect the other Japanese companies who never cared much about western audiences, will follow suit & they'll be poisoned to the issues that America faces right now where they'll be afraid of doing things because "One of the Japanese communities doesn't like what you're doing, change it or you will be labelled as dishonorable."

All I can do is laugh. Fuck Shyrtshyt LOL

I'll be honest, as stupid as it was to have that censored I don't really see what relevance it has. It's just ecchi CG shit. Was anything in the game that matters actually censored? Were levels taken out or some shit?

Holy fuck he's Communist too, and still crying about Nightwolve HAHAHAHHA

I'll be honest, as stupid as it was to have that censored I don't really see what relevance it has. It's just shitty gameplay shit. Was anything in the game that matters actually censored? Were ecchi CG taken out or some shit?

See how easy that is, you stupid kike faggot? If you accept censorship based on some arbitrary whim, then it's not long before those rules expand into areas you personally care about. Now fuck off, you lickspittle piece of shit.

I know nothing about NISA, but XSEED letting that happen is pretty faggoty gay in the homobuttsex way

Jeez dude, no need to be so high strung. CGs are not gameplay. You can easily look up images or videos of ecchi stuff online. You can't easily look up gameplay and get the same experience.

When levels, weapons, moves, characters, and abilities are taken out, let me know, because so far just having some tits covered up (which doesn't change gameplay at all) isn't really all that worth yelling out buzzword insults over to me.

Calm down, spaz.

Didn't read whatever trash you wrote. Garbage has no opinions anyone cares to read.

Very mature, I'm glad hugbox users like yourself are allowed on Holla Forums.

Here's a reminder of what happens when you let things "that don't matter" slide apologist.

Some characters like Argo don't have a bed scene + pillow talk. Instead of getting it like other characters, it simply fades to black. I don't know if I would chalk it up as censorship, but it's unusual to have fade to black for one character while the others don't.

I'm not gonna lie, while I'd be somewhat inclined to agree with you if it were any other company, I feel like Nintendo's a really shitty example. Their localizers were probably planning to pull shit like they did with Bravely Second from the get go. Look at FE Fates. Nintendo has absolutely trash localizations, BS is just the tip of the iceberg.

Any other better examples?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

okay but are you denied access to levels, or unable to use certain moves entirely? Is anything actually relating to gameplay removed?

I completely agree with you that it's a bit silly but it's not really something worth caring over. I think it's questionable and think they shouldn't bother removing shit like that, but it's not a dealbreaker in the end.

No, Disgaea D2's English release literally destroyed PS3s.

Also, as for the part you don't get, you have to learn how the localization industry works. The localization teams get paid based on how much work they have to put in, and changing/censoring things adds to the workload. They censor and butcher because it gives them more work and thus more money. As for the translators themselves, they're SJW faggots that enjoy the powertrip of "correcting" something they see as morally wrong, on top of being able to deny shitlords their fun.

Corporate makes more money because there's more work to be done, while the SJWs get the satisfaction of fucking over the people they hate. The only ones who lose are the customers.

But its not real censorship, it's only censorship if the government does it :^)

If you get affectionate with the characters, you can make them stronger & receive gifts. It's like Fire Emblem's pairing system
archive.fo/Vwnl1

So there's no way to power them up or get gifts like this otherwise?

Nope.

Well that's fucking gay. That's the kind of shit that isn't cool, taking legitimate gameplay elements out without replacing them or something.

Then wouldn't you say that censoring scenes like that is a problem if the game's selling point is to interact with the characters for not only relationships, but getting items that you might not get & the other selling point that you may be able to fight alone, but it's better with friends?

Censoring the scenes themselves, not at all. Taking the stuff that comes after (power ups, items) out and putting no replacements in however is incredibly fucking stupid and definitely a problem.

Why do you consider it not a problem? The game encourages you to chat with characters, have relationships, & be rewarded ofr that. I don't see why scenes like that need to be covered up.

I think there's a misunderstanding here. I don't particularly care if boobs are covered up or something or a scene is made a lot less racy. If a scene is entirely taken out though despite communication like that being part of the game, that's stupid, but if it's just some cleavage being covered up, who cares? The scene is still present.

Holy shit, I didn't know NightWolve posted on Holla Forums

I was never on-board the Tom dicksucking bandwagon, but at least I figured he was in his right mind. That's gone now.

In the end, he's the exact same kind of faggot as all the rest, but he has a particular quirk and hatred against censorship for whatever reason. His one gleaming point amidst the strong veneer of shit.

Censoring the artbook was absolutely infuriating. I'm still mad to this day about. Even the deepest circle of hell is too merciful for this scum.

Not that hard when Nintendo hasn't really been putting out anything all that enjoyable.

They don't even listen to complaints when something sells like shit anyhow.

At least the fans managed to fix AT2 now.

Then the fault partly lies in the ones who reward perverse behaviour. As far as I'm concerned, censoring and most "localizing" isn't actually translation work. Most of these games have enough text to keep people busy without taking out boob sliders or skin, or vile nonsense like

Consider pirating it since it will be on the PC.

But if you autists plan on buying it anyway, at least fucking buy it used so they get underwhelming sales and Falcon might go back to XSEED after this. Or at the very, very least, wait for a big promo.

This guy is a fucking jew.

Finally someone else gets it.

The instant anyone uses the term "cuck" outside of a joke(a real joke, not propaganda disguised as a joke disguised as sarcastic shitposting) that's how I know when to stop reading. To be so willing to mindlessly spout popular memes is a massive indication of an inability to think objectively.

"Only a bluepilled leftist cuck would take objection to our stupid memes."

I can vote against leftists without having to repeat dumb memes like some brainwashed cult member.

The more others on Holla Forums realize this, the more we can get rid of this annoying and over-saturated meme. Besides the "normalfags" are already starting to pick it up as slang due to it's popularity.

Eventually when some other internet culture hi-jacks cuckposting as it's own creation like Redditers tend to do, cuckposting will become that type of meme which is so old we will begin to see it as a "normalfag" thing like with lolcats. Yeah, remember when once upon a time lolcats were just a 4chan thing? Same phenomenon.

It is inevitable that the cuck fad will fade away or get shot down.