Hello Holla Forums

Hello Holla Forums

Have you ever been so stressed out that you feel like you have brain fog, can't concentrate, the lights are sensitive, basically like you didn't sleep? Anyway that's how I've been feeling.

Are there any comfy chill videogames I can play while my brain rests from stress? I know pokemon and animal crossing are comfy, but I'd like some patrician opinions.

Nothing competitive, nothing timed. Not even comfy paper mario. something like a turn based rpg. not even those farm sims with timed days where you're on schedule. Something that is just chill and you pretty much can't lose and doesn't demand much. I shouldn't even be looking at screens, but I know the boredom will be huge and If I succumb I at least want to play something chill.

You could try Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky, Yoshi's island, Zelda WW, Ff 6 or Kirby in dreamleand

Audiosurf.
Abzu.
Walking simulators.

Walking simulators actually sound like a good idea. I could always go for a laugh, that's relaxing.
I rather dodge Audiosurf. nothing that demands cognitive attention. Lights are sensitive and i feel like i just came back from 36 hours awake from the trenches. my brain needs to daydream.
Never heard about Abzu.

I have actually never played the Mystery Dungeons series. I guess this could be a good opportunity.

Maybe what you really need is a cold glass of warm milk and some good sleep

Abzu is the follow-up by Journey's designer. Whole game takes place underwater. It's a very calm, very pretty exploration game.

Alternatively, there's also Euro Truck, so you could space out while driving long hauls. Or could fire up GTA and mindlessly drive around, fly around, or go for a long underwater swim.

I can't even think of a good suggestion. Every game I'd recommend that's a good comfy game has at least a little bit of gameplay to focus on. I played Gravity Rush a lot to relax though so I'd recommend it if you have a PS4. If you're PC instead, Outrun 2006 is shockingly fun as long as you don't pay attention to anything else in game. Just drive the highway. You can do the same in Euro Truck Sim but I find Outrun to be more comfy and require less effort in most ways. You can also get something like The Crew or an older NFS game and cruise around the overworld.

Play audiosurf and listen to some vaporwave

The Powder Toy

OP, from your symptoms, I'm going to recommend you get one of those bluelight reducing glasses. They really do work and if they don't you can always return them.

I own a pair myself and they do seem to help but you worded this funny. I don't wear them much now because I fuck up the colors on my screens to lower the actual visible blue light and that also seemed to help a lot.

Or, don't be a fag who buys memeglasses and just download flux instead

EVERYONE WHO POSTS THIS IMAGE IS SHIT TIER
FUCK OFF

sounds like you need some casual games
people dont realize that casual =/ ad farming mobile shit
it can get p. comfy

I have flux. it works wonders. saves my eyes. The reason is just that I have OCD and my rituals are mentally, and it really stresses me out. Normally I am fine and it doesn't bother me, but recently I was diagnosed with Sleep apnea and the stress damage acumulated. I just have to chill for like a month or two to recover.

Yeah. I'm gonna just play some JRPG and grind mindlessly probably.

Thanks for the suggestion. i don't want anything immersive though. It can just be aesthetically comfy.

Planet coaster has been my chill game lately, the only negative thing about it is that making money is too easy so its perfect for just building up your park and not worrying all that much.
I've spent ages just autistically setting up little themed areas like a pirate village or a knights castle that accomplish nothing but be glorified food courts but its just comfy to build an aesthetic park thats not just a bunch of rides connected to a big path.

Maybe when I was 3, but growing up with my parents made everyday stress the bell pepper of stress.

Dragon Quest. The first 3 are very simple and easy to understand. The GBC versions might be better for you, due to the low fidelity graphics and colors. Theyre not so easy you cant lose, but it's usually obvious you just have to grind.
But what you should do is stay hydrated and take a break from backlighted screens. Lie down and read a book or listen to music/podcasts. Take a walk outside (yes, outside), fresh air and natural light works wonders.

So telltale games.

Google Visual Snow and related conditions just in case, OP.

Sunset Screen is easier to set manually.

Just do exercise.