How do we make point and click adventures games Great Again?

How do we make point and click adventures games Great Again?

Let them die, if L.A Noire is anything to go by, adventure games are no longer profitable.

Make good point and click adventures yourself. Other than that nothing. Unless you think whiny threads somehow revive the genre.

Stop doing Mr.Shitface style or Telltale style games.

kill Telltale

It's not hard. Just come up with an unsatisfying story and fill it with obtuse puzzles

You just aren't looking hard enough.

This.

That and the Life is Strange guys. Kill them to death too.

by making them. its the same with anything.

That was great. I can't believe I didn't hear about this film sooner.

Rewind Telltale to it's former self.

There are still some decent ones getting made. Embed related.

I really miss Sam & Max, but they're too busy with their mature non-games for mature non-gamers.

That whole series was mediocre as fuck.

If nothing else, they shouldn't have split it up in so many parts, story-wise.

Deponia 1 basically was a pointlessly long tutorial.

Seeing all the people get butthurt over the lack of a happy ending was amusing though.

ask why neverhood sucked

They are still great. Do yourself a favor and play Primordia.

Seriously, Day of the Tentacle is shit.

Stick a needle up your breather hole that's how.

tits

Second this.

I guess point and clicks either have to be full of good writing + lore / comedy. The world must be very different from out own so we want to explore it. Puzzle can be easy or hard but they must be playtested showing they make people think, not that they can complete it.

MAKE THEM LEWD

Fuck of this stuff about you posters wanting everything naked, either homo or hetero, is what's quickly killing the industry. Do you want everything to be like it is in japan with that shit?

Ya, can't. Point an clicks haven't been great ever.

We still got some games like that coming out in Europe, user, the problem is those games kinda veered towards the Walking Simulator showcasing of that shit nowadays, or Telltale scene to scene transition where you do some Quick time event, fuck you for Batman, Telltale and Warner Kikes.

Make it double lewd, to double trigger this nigger.

Double lewd for those double digits to trigger that double nigger

A Bobby Yeah point and click adventure game would be interesting.