I don't care about warhammer, but I need a total war game….is pic related worth it?

I don't care about warhammer, but I need a total war gameā€¦.is pic related worth it?
Total war general I guess

If you just want any total war game don't go for the newest and most expensive one. Also if you don't care about warhammer you'll probably not like total warhammer since without the warhammer appeal its just kind of content bare and streamlined.

My personal recommendation would be Fall of the Samurai

Warhammer has okay battles and the fantasy theme is nice.
But the siege battles are absolute horse shit.

If you haven't played Rome 1, Medieval 2, or shogun 2 yet, play one of those instead.

Other than that I don't have much else to say.

Only $12 on the humble monthly thing.

For all of it or just for the base game? Because if it's only the base game you'll have to deal with fucking half the races being unplayable and only having access to half the units in the ones that are playable and fucking ads all over the menu saying "NEW DLC AVAILABLE" and whatnot.

Probably just the base game.

Shogun 2 my favorite out of the bunch.

Can this game not be pirated yet?

Play Europa Barbarorum 2 instead

You already know the answer to that question.

But those Denuvo games have been cracking like Charlie Sheen on his last season of Two and a Half men.

Denuvo can't be cracked. Piracy died a long time ago

I like Attila

Soon maybe, but it seems like crackers don't care about it. I wish they would crack it, I'm not buying it plus all that fucking DLC.

Fuck off retard.

Money doesn't count, jewboy.

Stay mad lol

What is the best mod for Attila?

Wait 2 years so all expansions and DLC are out, then buy a GOTY edition with everything

Also around that time the mods will be so good even Holla Forums will be force to praise it

Are Skaven fun in that game? They crack me up lore wise but I've never played them in the vidya or tabletop, only painted a few.

The game is good if you enjoy Warhammer or just fantasy strategy games in general.

I don't mind the sieges all that much, the way they are set up means they're generally over faster.

Mod it to get the most out of it.

Fall of the Eagles for muh historical realism autism. Tuskmod for general gameplay.

Age of justinian.

They still arent in the game.
Factions wise you have the empire, bretonnia, minor human nations, dwarfs (not chaos dorfs yet), vampire counts, beastmen, wood elves and chaos.

Skaven are hinted at though. They sneakily added a "Rat Poison" tech to the Dwarfs.

The Steel Faith mod is excellent even now. The guy who works on it updates it every 2 days or so, he's really diligent.

Never said it wont happen.
This is obviusly CA's pet project, they plan to release a bunch of dlc for it, with even the new world from what i heard.
Atleast now they are forced to put work into it, unlike the palette swaps of before.

TW:WH is a garbage TW game.
It's a garbage warhammer game too.

I'm sure it'll happen but I'm skeptical as to how they are going to implement Skaven. It's clear that the factions that currently exist use varieties of the stances and particular systems from Rome2/Attila to differentiate them.

Skaven would basically need to be in permanent Ambush like Beastmen and pop up randomly all over the world.

No u

I was Talking about mods starting to implement custom maps on campaign, shit`s going to be Call of Warhammer 2.0

Skaven in the end of this year together with the first expansion together with high elves and Lizardmen and maybe dark elves

Oh right. How is that going? I noticed the maps popping up in the workshop, apparently they work in the grand campaign too?

Is it good yet? I checked a couple of years ago and it was kind of barebones. Is it as autistic as EB 1?

They already have an area set aside for Skavenblight

The best Total War games are Rome 1, Medieval 2 and perhaps Empire (particularly if you slap on Darthmod).

Total WaWa is pretty good despite the DLC jewery and Denuvo.
Mod support, constant updates, map editor that fixes the shitty sieges and decent new free content also helps.
You should play the older ones first OP.

Start with Rome

Empire with Darthmod user, hell even naval battles are fun with Darthmod if you know basic Age of Sail tactics. It has the largest scale + most fun campaign map out of the entire series, the advance of technology radically changes warfare (common to a lesser extent in older TWs, not so common now) and factions have a degree of variability which makes if fun to replay. This last point goes double if you use appropriate mods to let you play as any faction in the game, Darthmod has a sub-mod that gives everyone some unique units to help keep it interesting.

Shogun 2 and Napoleon both have the increasingly arcadey approach to battles with many units having activated abilities that has started to fuck up the series, Shogun 2 being worse at this than Napoleon. Also the Warscape engine is shit for melee-heavy combat true of all three games but more of an issue for Shogun 2 (though I do hear that this has been improved somewhat in WarhammerTW). Both have much less interesting campaign maps and Shogun 2 by its very nature is stagnant technologically with most upgrades being a few % here and there, also no faction/unit variety. Granted fall of the Samurai improves some of this but it still has much less replayability than Empire.

tl;dr Empire is a flawed game but ambitious game and many of those flaws can be fixed with mods.

It's pretty good, but not finished yet. They've recently added the Marian reforms for the Romans, new government types for the Carthaginians. I think they've still got 2 faction slots and 100+ unit slots to fill and they should be introducing new Punic and barbarian colonization systems, as well as expanding on Hellenistic government and politics.

As autistic as EB 1? They've ported over a lot of traits and scripting from EB 1, so specialized governors & generals still exist. The Romans have a complete office system where faction characters will have to go back to Rome to earn a promotion into an office, and the chances for that promotion are determined by their family line, wealth and class. Only some offices in Roman government give the trait "Imperium", which allows a faction character to legally command armies around the map. You can do it without Imperium, but I believe that if you do command an army with a general that doesn't hold Imperium, loyalty will become an issue unless they're a secured faction heir or faction leader.

The campaign goes for 1200 turns I think, 4 turns for each year representing the seasons. It's already quite complete in my book, you should definitely give it a try. 2.3 is going to be released soon apparently (from anywhere to a few weeks to a few months), and all updates are save game incompatible so you either might wanna wait for the 2.3 release or start up a throw away campaign.

It is, if you get it for 10$ and use CreamAPI to unlock all the DLC for free. However you should probably go with something else entirely, like Medieval 2.

Just fucking pirate medieval 2 total war, and get the call of warhammer mod. How many times are we going to have this thread?

Darth is an autistic fucktard and his mod for Empire is only cited as the best because he was one of the few autists willing to put in the effort of making a proper big mod.

The gameplay changes may be good but the additional 2353463 units and the incredible income you get make the game even more of a chore.

Call of Warhammer is a buggy mess and the old engine does not lend itself to single unit combat or magic.

If you are tight with money just use warhammer mods with your previous Total War game. But it is fun (excluding siege battles and retarded army-locking-units-to-hero-from-shit-rome-2-feature). Me and my older bro bought it few months ago. My PC bearly puts 30 FPS at ultra and his laptop bearly runs it at minimum graphics, but we both enjoy it. Now I'm waiting for some discounts to by DLCs.

Total warhammer is 17$ if you go on humble bundle, subscribe for one month of their monthly game shit and then cancel your subscription.

t. a mongoloid

I got Total Warhammer for free from a friend, it's alright but I wouldn't reccomend buying it, especially if you don't care about Warhammer to begin with. If you haven't already played it to death just play Shogun 2 with Darthmod. It's still the best Total War game yet which is pretty sad when you think about it. I'll give you some advice though, if you're too much of a good goy to wait until it gets cracked you can still get all the DLC for free, just look up CreamAPI.

Play Shogun 1 Vanilla (not gold or with Mongol expansion installed) and Medieval 1. Everything after Medieval 1 is bad, Rome 1 especially is the FF7 of the franchise.

If I recall they will on the 28th. Initially CA didn't want to (probably to not make it obvious how shit their own maps are) but then someone figured out how to do it anyway and they are adding it officially out of damage control.

Are there any Total War games with good loading times? I tried a few of them but having to wait about 20 seconds between every battle-map transition just puts me off

What mods is everyone using? Currently using Steel Faith, a few cosmetic mods (better unit icons, better borders, better lighting, better black orcs, etc), and Bon's varied generals. Are there any decent VFX mods? VFX really looks shit.

TW:W is not mechanically the best one, but it's up there overall simply due to faction variation. All the factions play and look fundamentally different, which is extremely important. Medieval 2 is still the best one but TW:W is up there (all of this is with mods, no reason not to consider them). If only the DLC practices weren't so fucking Jewish.

As much as I like those, they are the weaker entries in the series. GC was still very very basic and Rome or Medieval 2 are superior in almost every way.

TW:WH ironically, because they managed to improve the engine and make it 64x

Actual titles and the best AI in the entire series in both the campaign and battles does not make for the weaker entries. Nor does fatigue and layered weather systems that aren't negligible.

R1 and M2 are only liked because they're a lot of peoples babbies first TW game and mods.

They also made impossible to units have more than 200 soldiers.

I don't see how that affects turn times. I do see how that would cause Darth to kill himself though, so that's good.

It doesn't.

Instead of expand and make the game with more than 20 units/ 200 soldiers, they are focusing on graphics and better performance at cost of shrink the battle part.

Med 2 is the best of all time but TW:W is very solid. Been playing since release as VC on hardcore and am not bored yet. I have more than a few moments of joy a night where I say, "I'm happy I bought this game."

Vlad is my necro bro.

I tried sitting back and the game didn't like that. I tried being nice, game didn't like that. So Now I just have quick little wars and then go peace. I am just making contact with chaos and the stupid elves allied with chaos.

I do with there was a diplomatic option to say, "Hey stop fucking around and get ready for chao." but that is the joy of the warhammer universe. everyone is stupid and short sighted. VC have to go thier own way. If you ally with empire and dawi as sooon as chaos is gone your diplomatic points for fucking them up fade and they both remember they hate you.

If you are poor with a toaster maybe wait. But there is nothing like raising an undead army,crushing an enemy army and then coming back after the battle and raising another army. non undead BTFO

Rome Total War aged pretty well.

They're so outdated from their UI to their combat and pathing

Just playing Shogun 2, Attila, or Warhammer is fine enough

Shogun 2 has the best balancing, it gets kinda bland once you beat your first opponent in the Sengoku Jidai, Attila has the hardest campaign to date and the best pathing and combat. Playing the Huns, western or eastern rome will give you at least 100 hours worth of playtime per campaign and will fuck you over hard if you don't know what you're doing. Warhammer is pretty bare content wise but each campaign is as cliche as it sounds utterly unique and interesting to play. Different factions need different strategies and so forth.

The only downfall to new total war entries is lack of mods, but the mods have always been just reskins of x series so whatever, and the overhauls usually make the AI derpier, the only good mod I'd recommend if you like history is Divide Et Impera from Rome 2. Sure a match will take likely 1 to 2 hours if you don't have proper shock infantry but it also is the only mod that delivers decent AI and combat fixes

There technically is. Once the REAL Chaos Invasion starts, humans and dwarfs get a "Shield of Civilization" modifier to their relations. After Chaos is dead, the world goes into an "Age of Peace" where everybody fights everybody again.