It's a good game, it's just not a good Zelda game!

I'm fucking tired of people using this excuse to defend this pile of garbage. It's an objectively terrible game. You just don't want to admit that there exists a bad game in your precious Zelda franchise.

Also I can't wait for BotW to come out so people can start thinking it's somehow cool to like this game.

great thread OP

It is a good Zelda game though

And so the cycle will continue.

I don't care for Nintendo games but at least try.

This might be bait, but did you even check what game he was talking about?

I just finished replaying this game in preparation for BotW. I'm not getting a switch, but I already have a WiiU so I figured that I might as well get BotW as my last Zeldo game
Anyway, people overreact about how bad this game is. It has some serious problems like the lack of unique locations, the forced backtracking, the lack of fun minigames or extra content, and the piss easy puzzles. Since this is a sufficiently long list of serious issues, I can't say Skyward Sword is a good game, but it was still fun in its own way. The writing for main characters was pretty good Groose best grill and the music was okay. The motion controls could get annoying from time to time, but they weren't a serious issue and the longer I played the game, the less issues I had with them.

Both skyward and the new one.

Part of my post still is true for skyward

The game's just fine, the only thing it's missing is an overworld, but the individual areas you return to are fun enough that it doesn't detract from the entire experience. People who whine about the motion controls do so because they don't understand how the waggle-dildoes worked. My guess is they tried to move it like they would naturally if they were holding a sword or something, which isn't how it works. Beyond those two things, the only other mild complaint I would put forth is the recurring Imprisoned fight not being fun at all. Then again, none of the recurring required activities in any Zelda game are ever fun, so… that's really just a part of the experience. Beyond those things, there isn't anything different about it than any of the other Zelda games that exist beyond "IT'S NOT 10+ YEARS OLD THOUGH SO IT'S SHIT LOL" meme arguments.

It's an awesome game and a great Zelda game.

I feel you OP, I don't understand how people can think that repeating the same levels is ok and those bosses are fucking abysmal

BotW would have to fuck up on every level imaginable to be anywhere near as big a fuck-up as Skyward Sword. Even if BotW turns out to be underwhelming it's still looking far better than Skyward Sword ever did.

I really liked Skyward Sword.

It's my second favorite Zelda game, right after Link's Awakening

It's a good game, OP. Stay mad.

There has been one for a long time now. See Zelda II.

I still dont get what Nintendo was thinking with SS's controls, it somehow played worse than TP did on Wii and that was a GC port.

The overworld is shit, yes, and I felt like I was backtracking a lot during the second act, which is never fun, but I really enjoyed the motion+ combat. And the spiritual trials and that temple inside the statue, those were fun too. Maybe it's not a great game, but it's not shit. I'd give it a 7/10

Good one fag, nice downvote

I'm fucking tired of people using this excuse to defend this pile of garbage. It's an objectively terrible game. You just don't want to admit that there exists bad games in your precious Metroid franchise.

Die

you really should play the game for yourself before you shit on it user, or else you'll just embarrass yourself

So, first, let me acknowledge this thread as what it is: Bait.
Second, let me expose the fact that I've been a Zeldafag since 8, when I played the original for NES and since them, played them all.
Thirdly, about SS, I played it 2 times. One immediately after launch (I even bought the special version with the Golden Wiimote+ and the Symphonic CD) and another time recently, 6 months ago.
Fourthly, I can objectively agree with you, faggot OP, that Skyward Sword is not only the worst Zelda, but also a bad game fundamentally.

Many threads were done already to shit on this game is various levels, be it with just "fuck this game"s or with walls of text.
I, myself, already posted my impressions and deep analysis here even, some time after my second play.

This but Dark Souls 2.

It's a decent game. Has a few good section, but an overall flawed experience. I'm tired of zelda kiddies whining over every minor flaw and acting like they've survived some tragic event for it.

The only people defending it were nintoddlers who don't even play metroid, which is why it sold around 30K globally.

People use that shit excuse for too much

It goes on and on and on

Hear shit like that a lot
Faggots forget that context, bloodline, and reputation are a huge fucking factor for video game series and sequels.
Faggots also just use it as a shit excuse for when they like a terrible game from an otherwise pretty good franchise.
Its also disgustingly used as a way to excuse casualization of games.

If anything, "Zelda II is not that bad" is the meme here. It's become perfectly acceptable to go easy on that game for whatever reason.

It's fucking garbage. It had some interesting ideas for its time but the execution was downright terrible. Also, yes, I did beat it.

My stance on Skyward Sword has always been it's a good game that constantly tries to stop you from playing it. Which makes it pretty shit.

Squidward Sword should have been called "TLoZ: One ste forward, two steps back, the videogame"

But Nuts & Bolts is a decent game that had the misfortune of having the B&K franchise attached to it. The vehicle building alone was something pretty unique and worth becoming its own IP.

I'd agree for the first 10 hours or so. But the diving as well as the building are both too shallow to stay interesting through the second half.
It could really do with more parts that do unique shit, instead of endless teirs of the same crap, making you care more about your badass car, and less about it's numbers.

I'm more pissed at the fact the Dolphin developers still require a Wiimotion+ controller to play it even on a fucking emulator. It would be nice if there was some workaround for it thats not a form of some ancient-ass version. The reason it fucking sucks is because I have a Wiimotion+ controller and official nunchuk but my blutooth adapter doesn't like it for some reason. I even tried the experimental blutooth passthrough. The nunchuk essentially stops working on all Motion+ games, however, it works fine on non-Motion+ games, even with the motion+ controller. so its obviously a blutooth adapter issue

You have a point there. But it doesn't apply to SS, because SS is a good Zelda game.

this

If you've already got the controllers, buy a Dolphin Bar off amazon. It'll solve all issues.

If Skyward Sword were released under any publisher that wasn't Nintendo and any series that wasn't Zelda while selling under a million copies, it'd be considered a masterpiece and an underrated gem of the Wii library.

See: Beyond Good and Evil, Okami, Darksiders, Alundra, any other mediocre Zelda clone praised to high heaven by hipsters.

Straight Shota doesn't have season pass cancer so it's already better.

I loved every bit other than the music note sea hunting.

It's the best 3D Zelda.

Most 3D Zeldas are almost completely devoid of overworld puzzles and combat challenges.

How many days have you been gaming now, sport? Having fun with your new hobby?

Skyward Sword Has allot of Problems with how many tutorials the damn game killing it's replayability for me. That being said the actually Sword combat is pretty fun even if it's simplistic and it has some pretty good Bosses

Demise was an Awesome Final boss
Until I found out you can beat him in literally 10 seconds if your fast enough.
The whole Ending battle where your slashing through Waves of Moblins with 1 slash while running to fight Ghirahim was sweet.

That ending battle actually made me desire a zelda/dynasty warriors crossover way back in 2011

The Zelda cycle isn't real you fucktards. Twilight Princess is still garbage.

Fi is enough to ruin SS. The wagglan' combat didn't bother me too much, but ramming wagglan' into every aspect of the game just made me dislike the controls.

Dowsing is my least favourite part of the game by far. There's no challenge or exploration in "follow the beeps and flashes!", which encourage you to not bother to explore. Considering one of the reasons people love the original Zelda is for the "pure exploration", this doesn't get as much hate as it deserves.

The flying and swimming bugged me as well. It was just too awkward to aim your wrist in all directions. I would've preferred to use the joystick to control Link's movements, as that's what you normally use in the game. They didn't do anything interesting with these mechanics and nothing that couldn't be done just as well if not better with the joystick.

Opening boss room doors is retarded as well. Spin the key around until it fits the slot. Again, it doesn't add anything and just stands out as something I don't like about the controls.

Playing the harp is just stupid. You don't feel like you're even doing anything other than waving your hand back and forth.

Having a button to "recallibrate" the controller is a fucking terrible thing to have when using items to aim. The controls should just work. They would work on mouse & keyboard and on a normal controller just fine.

The repetition of the levels is what finally killed the game for me. I was so sick of Lanaryu and the volcano level.

The dungeons were fine, typical of Zelda and are the highlight. It's a shame there's so much padding outside of the dungeons themselves.

First main Zelda title I didn't finish.

I'd like SS a lot more if not for the forced motion controls. I can't fucking stand motion controls unless it's something like Mario Party.

Why do people hate this game so much? I'm not even a fan of the 3D Zelda games (have never finished any of them), but from what I played this was one of my favs.

Skyward Sword was OK from what I played it but then again I gave up on it because why the fuck would I want to waste my time on recycled dungeons and shitty controls.

The game lacks content and hides it by extreme padding.
Not to mention the extremely gimmicky control system which tends to fail at critical moments.

Too late fags it's already started.

I liked the motion controls. At least it was actual motion controls, rather than waggle=button press like in TP.

You don't belong here.

Same shit, different game.

Reddit sucks everything's dick, though. The companies pay the mods to create circlejerks.

What a shock.

It happens every zelda game, I'm surprised you're not used to the pattern.
Game is released, everyone hates the changes. The previous entry goes from hipster option to the fan favorite
"We want it like OoT and Fedora's Mask."
"I hate this game, we want it like Wind Waker!"
"I hate this game, we want it like OoT again."

Some high level people at Nintendo have mentioned they know about this pattern/cycle with fans. So I'm betting the creators know to just ignore it by now.
As someone who played through like 70 percent of the game when it came out. And now only just finished that last 30 percent like two weeks ago in preperation for BoTW (seeing as SS's story seems to play a big part in the set up). Yeah, it's definitely not in my top 5. Maybe no even top 10. While I liked the art style, music, cinematic feel to the cutscenes and story a lot (that fucking skyloft theme is still stuck in my head). The game play itself just left a lot to be desired. I mean again I only played the last 30 percent and still the amount back a forth between areas was ridiculous. Why is the sky so big? Why is the sky so fucking big when there's absolutely nothing in it!? Not to mention it took my almost three hours to get re-accustomed with the controls again. Three hours to get use to the controls for a simple action adventure game! It also blows my mind that they spent almost the same amount of time working on this game as they have BoTW. Yet all the areas in the game to play in are absolutely tiny. Just what the hell where doing with all that time? I know the Wii only had like 90 something MB of ram. But come on. You can run from one side of most areas to another in less then a minute. And even in the larger areas you'd only be pushing two minutes tops. All in all, no matter how much I enjoyed the music, graphics and story. The fact I never took the time to even beat it when it first came out sums up my thoughts perfectly.

Skyward sword is ok, but it goes too far with padding as the game approaches the end. Twilight Princess is the real piece of shit among the 3D Zeldas. I know we all love TP now because Zelda cycle, but I'll always hate that trash.

I know you're trolling but still, fuck you, ruseman

I will concede with the fact that whenever a new Zelda drops the previous entry becomes the hip thing to like. But Skyward Sword is a game I liked from the get-go, so eh…

Breath of the Wild is going to be worse than Skyward Sword

Breath of the Wild is going to be worse than Skyward Sword

inb4 ZIDF comes in and calls it a "cycle"

You couldn't be more wrong.
There are but a few bad Zelda games:
The Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword and Tri Force Heroes.

The first TLoZ and AoL are in a limbo position. People may or may not like it. I don't have any problems with them, but their aren't my favourites either.
FS and FSA are in a similar limbo position as well, as people usually don't have 3 other autistic Zelda friends to play them.
All the other Zeldas were good.

C'mon.

Phantom and Spirit were good

Only PH was good. ST was trash.

Unfinished and rushed? Sure.
Bad? Fuck no.

WW has the wind temple.

I don't really think there have been any outright bad zelda games, except maybe crossbow training.
But then again I like adventure of link and people think I'm a fucking retard for that so half a one six dozen oft the other. There hasn't really been one that I could genuinely say "I don't enjoy playing this"

We already had Wind Waker and those shitty fucking DS games. How could it be any worse?

Wind waker has no good mechanics except for parry and no good levels. The over world is some of the most offensive filler in the series. Its awful. Stop defending it because it was your first, gamecube babby.

Ww has:

shortest dungeons
worst combat
worst overworld

nigga you jumping to conclusions harder than super man jumps. And superman can jump forever.

Well now… Worse than Twilight Princess?

I'm sorry, you are right. Waggle ruined both TP and SS in terms of combat.

Nobody ever said this about Skyward Sword, ever.
It doesn't even make sense, the problem is that it's too much of a Zelda game at that point.
You're retarded.

And the shitty fucking wolf combat that nobody asked for.

God the more I remember TP the less I like it.

Ever since that fucking AVGN episode I keep hearing this shit.
The funny thing is that James actually likes the game, same with Castlevania 2.

Since I played Skyward Sword I stand by the belief that it's pretty mediocre, but still the best zelda game since at least majora's mask. I think the second half of the game was good enough to barely outweigh the retardedness of the rest of it

Motion controls will nevere be good.

Kindly fuck off.

What about Link Between Worlds?

I forgot about that one. I kind of wrote it off when it came out because the other DS zeldas were garbo. Maybe SS is only the second best modern zelda.

But user, the right title is Zelda II, not 2. If you like it so much at least try to get the name right.

He's right. Zelda 2 is ass.

It's been years since I last played it and I love the game.

Now I will never go back.

The problem is that WW is not a "good" game, it's a "fun" game, and when we were kids, having fun was all that mattered, because that was all we knew - we didn't have personalities yet.
Now that we're "grown up" we have to have standards to define our identities in relation to everyone else. Without context, our lives are meaningless. In other words: Without context, all we can have is "fun" but then we don't know who we really are, and 99% of people are afraid of ever being called "childish" past about age 10.

Probably because they got called that all the time for continuing to play video games into adulthood.

ALBW was an awesomely fun game.

This game is just not good.

And I'm one of those faggots that follows Zelda games religiously (I bought the $120 collectors edition with the special golden wiimote and all the other shit).

I really wanted to like this game. Like a LOT. But it has very few things going for it. The combat is janky as fuck, the backtracking is endless, the worlds are generally bland and uninteresting and just when they give you enough hope that it could be cool as shit, they pull the rug out from under you and kick you in balls to make it shit again. The only really good things about this game are "some" of the music and Koloktos boss fight.

I don't know if I can handle BotW being as bad as this was,

Never said I liked it so much, i'm stating that it is not garbage, like SS isn't garbage. They are dragged down by silly design choices, but i'm more forgiving of 2 if only because it's older, SS has no fucking excuse

You too.

Complete Travesty. Only better than Phantom Hourglass

Remember when people actually believed that TLoZ was a mature game during the OoT saga?
Holy hell, I remember nintenfags during the Gamecube era saying that OoT was a game made for adults and Wind Waker was the worst thing to the saga.

ALBW is the better-graphics, worse-everything else version of ALttP.
Not a bad game, but quite "Meh".

Does Suzie know your posting in the hive of misogyny known as H8chan? Better be careful or she's gonna throw you in the cuckshed again lad.

/thread

Fuck you user, back in the day when that shit first came out I remember being the only person who loved it in my school. It used to be universally reviled for the time management mechanic and for being too different from OoT and Alttp. Hipsters and fedoras only started latching onto it recently like a year or so before the 3ds remake came out when that faggot MatPat made a bunch of game theory videos on it and people realized it was 3deep5me so it was okay to like.

You forgot
And the thing about WW is it's not just an incomplete game but such a blatant offensive example of an incomplete game even my retarded 10 year old brain realized something was up. I remember my first time playing it and I was super excited when "Lord Jabun" was first mentioned like fuck yeah another cool dungeon in the belly of a whale this gon' be gud' then you get there and he just fucking hands you the spiritual stone and sends you on your way.

Just gonna say right now, Wind Waker was my favorite. The Forsaken Fortress was a cool as fuck dungeon both times, first when you had to go through completely defenseless, and later when you get to come back and rape all the moblins who picked on you. I also liked the between-dungeon sections like hunting down the bombs and tracking the ghost ship. Earth temple was atmospheric as fuck. Every tile had an island to explore, and some which seemed comoletely innocuos like the island cabana, later ended up proving useful to the plot when you had to go back there for the triforce chart. The only filler was the god awful size of the great sea, and how much sailing you had to do, even once you got the cyclone song. Also that game had frog gods. Two of them, which together symbolize doubles.

If BotW turns out to be bad, it'll be remembered that season pass killed the game. We'll wait another 5 years for another zelda to be released.
If it turns out to be good, nintendo will include season pass on other games.
Either way we lose.

checked