AAA games with good gameplay

Remember when "triple-A" meant both top-tier visuals and actually fun and engaging gameplay? About 14 years ago.
Does such thing as "AAA game with good gameplay" even exist anymore?
I want to play something fun that also have good graphics, but can't find anything.

Is MGSV any good? I know it's unfinished, but what is there - is it worth playing?
What about them Souls games? Apparently 2 and 3 have some good visuals, but there are both good and bad talks about them. I played DS1 with fix and loved it, how do they compare?
Is there at least one straight out unfucked good AAA game released in past 2-3 years?

ebin xd

I am going to fuck you in the ass and you will derive great pleasure from it.

Outcast was a better game.

Maybe you're too young to remember, but when Jedi Outcast and then Academy came out they had cutting eddge graphics, and top tier facial animations. It was literally fucking AAA.

Well it has better story and characters, but combat and stages are objectively better in JA.

Multiplayer was better in Outcast. JA was just lightsaber autism and clan fights.

Before triple-A is a meme. Yeah, I remember. The company business strategy changed from 'Let's tell the team to make a good game that sell well to earn money.' to 'Let's have the nerds make another crap, and let marketing team handle it to make money.'.

Also about MGS5. A meh-to-okay-tier game. Open world does not mean anything meaningful or useful and missions take place in same place so things might get repetitive. Gameplay and optimisation are solid though. I do not know about Souls games though. Unfucked AAA game? You might well ask me if I know any virgins in a whorehouse besides the customers.

a lot of console exclusives are actually pretty good AAA games.
turns out when you have hundreds of trillions of shekels behind you, a decent game can be made. this is something the PC doesn't have, unfortunately.

There are maybe 5 console exclusives that are worth getting per console life cycle. Compare that to the 90s and this is once of the shittiest eras for vidya.

I'll have to agree. Uncharted 4 is probably the most amazing gameplay experience of 2016 and TLoU Remastered was, deservedly, the best 2014 had to offer.

lots of money being put into exclusives that are designed to sell consoles
you couldn't see that it doesn't have this?

The graphics are good, the gunplay is decent, the optimization is nice, but the rest of the game is quite shit. Don't expect good AI, stealth, open world design, mission design, or story. The game also gives you D ranking for playing the game in the only fun way available, or in other words, killing everything in your way. Mouse optimization is crappy too. Better just off playing Farcry 3, Crysis, or some shit, those have better gameplay and graphics that isn't far behind.

I know Holla Forums will hate me for saying this, but nuDoom, FO4, and Dishonored are among the most acceptable AAA titles in the last 3 years. Witcher 3 and Overwatch are quite playable as well. Don't expect these games to be without a bit of glaring flaws though.

The best AAA title in the last 3 years is probably Assetto Corsa.

what did he mean by this?

Did anyone else enjoy this? How's Horizon 3?

I've never been able to decide whether I like Academy or Outcast better. I like the generally more labyrinthine level design of Outcast and prefer Outcast's story, but I also prefer the way Academy lets you do them in whatever order you want, as well as giving you the lightsaber straight away, having more expansive movesets to use and getting to choose which force powers you want among other stuff. Academy's also a ton of fun when you use cheats, moreso than Outcast's since it has a lot more content.

Gun to my head, I'd probably say I like Academy better, but only marginally so. They're both great.

It also had multiple endings

I don't buy Overwatch because it's strictly pvp.
I don't mind some pvping once in a while, but I mainly play pve games.
I tried FO4 and it was fucking garbage, I'm sorry.
Didn't touch nudoom.

But that's like the best part of it. I spent hours in MP maps playing just with sabers only bots.

YOU EVER FEEL LIKE YOUR MASTER IS HOLDING YOU BACK?

WHAT DO YOU THINK, JADEN?

Aren't consoles sold at a loss? If so, what's the point of exclusives then? In hopes you'll buy more gaemz and get online subscription? I haven't owned a console since Xbox/PS2/GC days and I don't feel like I've missed out on anything. Most exclusives aren't really games anyways, they're mostly "muh cinematic" games. Like the Uncharted games. They're more like movies thus if I really wanted to "play" them, I'd just watch a jewtube video.

Pleb. I got real involved with a spergmaster clan and was good at all 3 stances, but I still had more fun with Outcast MP. Most servers banned force use or any weapons except for special occasion, in JA.

CTF was fucking great, especially for getting creative with trip mines and other defenses. They just don't make any good MP games like that any more. Even the best ones now require you to pick classes rather than make your own.

You answered your own question.

This. You play as Kyle Katarn, that alone puts it on top.

I think i'll pass. However the graphics were amazing.

Academy had more interesting locales and environments, Outcast had a few too many gray corridor levels. I missed Jan in Academy though.

I'm sure Super Mario Odyssey will deliver.

I've been dueling kids on Jedi Academy the past few days. Shits as good as ever, it's aged, but still fun and holds up well. Source code was released in 2013 so it's still easily worth picking up for $1.

too bad they only made 2/3rds of this game

You know what else games had back then? Mod support. And because it was a basic feature, not because it was something that talentless kike devs could try to make a quick extra buck from with shit like the Steam Workshop.

are you fucking yanking my chain, uncharted 4 is a fucking drag and i'm not afraid to admit i actually like the previous uncharted games a lot

UC4 is fucking anti-fun

I'd say it's more like 4/6th's of the game, if not less
there's a good 15 hours of gameplay in the main part of the game at the least, but it seemed unfulfilling and rushed to me, like at the point the game ended, we should have only been half way through the story of a proper metal gear game

2/5ths. There was going to be 5 chapters, as well as a third map.

also 4/6ths is the same as 2/3rds you dingus.

Thats 2/3ds man

I hadn't even heard the term "triple-A" in the context of video games before the industry was already shit.

That's ridiculous. Supply and demand dictates they couldn't possibly sell for something at a loss.

Same, it is a recent term and doesn't apply to older games, at least as far as any of use can comprehend. Maybe if we were born earlier and saw there games like we see the newer games now would circumstances be different.

According to wikipedia the term originated in the mid 90's, but until recently was only used within the industry.

The letter system for games used to only reference how much of a budget the game had, if I recall, and was all internal, usually used on resumes to say "I know how to work in a dev team with X budget".

Since AA studios were bankrupted or bought out, there's now just AAA and not-AAA. Though AA is making a slight comeback, like THQ Nordic and Devolver as publishers/funders.

You say this like it's a bad thing.

So, what's their excuse?

turns out, also, that when all you have is all the shekels of israel, what you make has a high probability of being shit

why can't people think? why is everything 100% literal on image boards?

think for your fucking selves, god damn. I'm not gonna write a technical manual for every one of my posts that has even a slightly complex idea behind it
also, you're wrong. there's been a pretty good few exclusives, whether you like the fact or not :^)

I kill him every time. No regrets. Kyle and Luke can fuck off.

Bullshit. Jedi Outcast/Academy still have the most well designed combat system ever.

Thats because grip kicking and pull kicking ruined everything. They even turned that shit off in JA be default but ever server mod had to put back in flip kicking. It was far more efficient to do that then to actually saber fight. FFA went right down the shitter once everyone figured out how to do it.

Duel servers where actually pretty fun but there was no way to play a legitimate force filled FFA after a while. How satisfying pushing rockets away was. Grip tossing someone off the level, or better yet, surviving being tossed off and coming back and shanking the guy that gripped you, and the custom maps where just amazing.

they are sometimes sold at a loss because the games are supposed to make them back more money
iirc this happened with the PS3, at least with the original models
obviously there was a severe lack of games so they ended up losing money for years

I have no evidence of this, but I feel as though AA would have made a full comeback by now if Overkill hadn't gone full merchant with Payday 2.

The problem from what I heard is the amount of budget pretty much makes it impossible for any AA to have one flop. Its an immediate bankruptcy for the company.