Kos

Was DS3 better than Bloodborne?

I need more BB in my folder. Spare some change?

I think the general consensus was yes. A damn shame BB didn't have more build depth though.

Wait fuck, I meant the other way. BB was better.

No

I think that I have some more, let me check

Fuck no.

presenting best girl

grant us dubs grant us dubs
plant dubs on our post to cleanse our beastly idiocy

BB OC is tits

Agreed.

So that's what bone-wheels looked like before they died went hollow and crazy?

That pic could not be more relevant to my interests.

Amelia a shit. Best girl is psycho nun.

leave faggot

ahhhhh, cuck
or some say cuckold
will you fuck my wives ?

BB was Dark Souls tier, I enjoyed it way more than anything else in the series.

Pretty good game

nop

every game in the franchise was better than bloodborne. bloodborne was a piece of shit.

played the game for the last 2 months non stop,
please continue, i didn't had time to look for Bloodborne memes

Maria gets bullied too much

BULLY
THE
PUFFY
PUSSY

Not the mention that the game got me into reading HP Lovecraft.
The fishing hamlet area was just so well done,except for that fucking well where you get the Rayuko, holy shit fuck that fucking place, that I had to read up on what inspired it.

Gets me every time.

Speaking of Kos, did she die due to the parasites on\in her or did she beach herself intentionally to give birth to her humanoid child? Regardless she's best Great One, Amygdalla close second design wise.
Oedon is garbage tier retarded pokemon that can only say its own name.

Thank you for that first pic

Kos loses points because clearly she was constantly using crack and gave birth to a crazy crack baby

fixed

I thought it was to give birth

YW.

Fuck off, whats even the point of fucking the Vicar if she isn't in full Big Bad Wolf mode, if you want a crazy cleric I say go for Adella.

She's cute in both forms, and why are you saging?

Bloodbourne is a cool fps

wot?

First one was because I was lore-fagging off topic, second one was because I forgot to take it off.

Is it really off topic if OP was just memeing? This seems to just be BB general.

So which was your favorite weapon? Mine was the Wheel, it's so fucking satisfying to fuck everything up with it

Stake Driver. I just like the concept of a pile bunker weapon.

I think user means this?

Cane. It just felt right. The only good whip I know from most games I've played.

Threaded Cane, obviously.
Class over raw damage everyday.

I should mention that I don't play online.

Ludwig's Holy Blade.

It's a sword that transforms into a bigger sword. In a game where a sword turns into a scythe, a different sword turns into a hammer, and an entirely different sword turns into a bow, it's refreshing to be able to say, "My sword just turns into a bigger fucking sword."

The entirety of Bloodborne's story is about a Race that managed to eugenic their way to Great Old one status.

Yet they somehow didn't anticipate the need for Fisssion to reproduce, and ended up stuck as a dead-end, being killed off by their own.

I'll bet the cosmic Jew is behind this.

So what's up with Dark Souls III? Is it made by the same B team that fucked up II or is Miyazaki and A team back on it? Is it better than DS1/worth picking up?

Kos' death is just supposed to be indicative of a darker truth about the Great Ones in BB compared to their Lovecraft equivalents, they're mortal. The closest analog to the Fishing Hamlet and Mother Kos in HP's stuff is obviously Innsmouth and Mother Hydra. But Hydra was worshipped, and most of the other gods also, for being powerful and immortal creatures, and then From takes one of those titans and splays it out like a beached whale. It was a pretty shocking sight at first and it's a part of the game that I don't feel a lot of people appreciate, it's a double-twist in that the Lovecraftian elements aren't really Lovecraftian at all and almost consciously try to oppose his tropes

Then again if you want to get deeper into the lore it's probable that the versions of Kos and Ebrietas and other fishy Great Ones we see aren't their true forms and are just physical familiars that they use to move around in the human world, like the phantasms are said to channel their thoughts, and their real forms exist in the nightmare plane. Something the fishing villagers couldn't understand but the Choir and Micolash were beginning to

Rakuyo

The first half of its development was during the same time period as The Old Hunters so no personnel crossed over, and even once TOH was done Miyazaki was the only one that joined the DaS3 team. When he joined he threw out like half the shit they had made and tried to bring what they were doing closer to his vision for the series. As for the "A-Team" discussion it's really not that simple, because even BB wasn't pure A-Team, it was codeveloped between From and Sony's in-house development studio, Japan Studio, just like Demon's Souls was.

I didn't personally care for it

Kind of. There are different tiers of Gods in Lovecraft, and Mother Hydra and Father Dagon were pretty damn low tier. I think the Old Ones, the Gods that Cthulu represents and is a member of, get killed off/die out at some point. The story detailing the Great Race, a species that survives by body jacking other species through time and chronicling history that way, notes that the Old Ones don't seem to be present after the seals containing the Old Ones break. Also of note is that the Old Ones can be hurt and I think even killed by weapons that the Great Race developed.

The big cosmic entities like Nyartholothep, Azathoth and Yog are more what you are thinking of.

Is Hydra not on a higher tier than Cthulhu? I was pretty sure she was

There's still a higher tier than Kos, though, so I'd reserve those for that tier. In BB the lowest tier are Great Ones created by other Great Ones, like Rom and The One Reborn and that pathetic Brain of Mensis you find, same tier as Lovecraft's Shoggoth. Then there's cosmic children like the Celestial Emissaries and Ebrietas, then the Amygdala race, and then Kos is on a higher tier than any of them it seems. Only thing higher than her is Oedon and Paleblood

It's worth it to play, but not as good as DS1. Maybe pirate it and give one or two play throughs, but you'll probably get bored of it quickly as it's very linear and most of it is composed of references to DS1 like andre, a ton of armor and weapon sets from DS1, and much more.

I would say yes, its a middle ground between DS1 and 2 in that its not as good as 1 but nearly as shit as 2 was. The first DLC was garbage because of how short it was but the second one shows more promise

Demon souls will always be my favorite though BB is still better than everything else even then

Tie between Wheel and Blade of Mercy. Weapons in the game are really good. Reiterpallasch is probably the only one I didn't use all that much.
Also best Moonlight sword in the series by far.

Actually the story is about beasts and gods, and us being barely above beasts and using crude beastly methods to commune with the gods. e.g. us right now.

Axe was my got-to for a while. Slamming something into the ground with a power attack was great fun. I always use ludwig's holy blade for boss battles because of its versatility. I was able to stun-lock Ebrietas with it. I got her in the face with a stab right before before she charged, ripped her brains out and just kept hacking until she died.
I really fucking hate Ebrietas.
It was a sweet victory.

You don't prefer the Kirkhammer for that?

Rakuyo and Church Pick.
I really liked the wheel as an idea as well but would never manage to actually use it well.

absolutely not.

DS1 > DeS > BB > DS2 > DS3

Right enough that I'll forgive you for thinking Dark Souls is better than Demon's Souls

FFFFFFFFFFUUUCK NO.

Something never felt right about it. I've seen videos of people using it well, but my friend and I both said that it just doesn't work for us.

Nope.

I really hope Miyazaki gets to make another game that's completely different from the last like BB. The way BB replaced the slow, deliberate combat of DS with fast-paced, reactive combat was so great, I wonder what else he could do.

I would love a game were you can play as different types of beats like werewolf, eldrich monster, insects and some stuff like that

Well he runs FromSoft now so if he wants to make something different he's going to. Also he said Dark Souls is done for a while and he is moving onto something new. He even talked about wanting to make a sci-fi themed game but that was just talking.

m8

Kos was killed by The Healing Church. This information is what substanstiates all of the Hunter's Nightmare. The Healing Church tries to keep this information secret by locking it away in the astral tower. Why? Kos was a benevolent Great One. Kos' death brought ruin to the Fishing Hamlet and corrupted the moral purity of the Healing Church. It was the first sin. It was a major turning point for the Healing Church, as they started to become obsessed with killings beasts and other eldritch monster whether they were a threat or boon to humanity. A similar theme is displayed in Old Ynarham by the powder keg rebel hunters that protect the beasts that reside in the zone. The hunters believe the beasts mean no harm in this instance. The corruption of the purity of the church is what leads the souls of Ludwig and Laurence to be trapped in the Hunter's Nightmare.

has my autism killed the thread?

Yeah, and in the process removing all mystery from them. Great idea.

Anyways the point of lovecraft's stuff is how insignificant humanity is compared to the universe, someone running around with a giant saw blade beating the shit ut of cosmic entities goes against that completely, but the games wouldn't be very good otherwise.

Matey

I guess I'm retarded, going back to sleep

Looking forward to my run of all the Souls games and BB soon. Thinking of doing a Powder Keg run for BB, so all their weapons and probably clothing.

That would be cool, but FROM is not the best game company to do that. It would be serviceable, but not polished.

Humans did have some victories against the cosmic horrors of Lovecraft. It was mostly luck and a few humans that used elderitch powers themselves, to great cost, and mostly against the smaller ones.

The idea of it costing would have worked if level 1 runs left your character human, leveling up any without doing certain actions or getting a certain ending turned your character into a beast, and then other endings turn your character into some kind of elderitch abomination. So either "luck" really skill, tainted power costing the character dearly, or ascending beyond humanity.

WHEEL
H
E
E
L
with the Stake Driver, Moonlight Sword and Beastcutter not far behind.

What did he mean by this?

I would be up for Android Souls. Or Gynoid Souls.

What did he mean by this?

>>>Holla Forums

FROM could do a great sci-fi Souls. Doubly so if its a Blame! game.

And the point of Demon's Souls is that most people are inclined to blame the situation on a malevolent supernatural power when really all of the problems and "demons" are human beings, but everyone wants to look at Demon's Souls 2 and see muh Lovecraft and nothing else.

There's something about the "absolutely chromed" aesthetic that gets my peepee to punch my chin.

If the game had proper PvP and more build variety, it would have been the best in the series. It just got kind of stale after beating it 3 times, and the chalice dungeons were distilled cancer.

Good point, user. Come back with a ten page dissertation on the deeper meaning of the Fromsoft game library by next Wednesday and we will give you a master's degree in dumbfuckery

So I'll guess a few years down the line this game is a safe bet.

Have you guys noticed how there's a flooded city under the fishing hamlet? I didn't see it until my second playthrough

could you post a screencap or something? I certainly didn't see it

It's the warped version of Yharnam and the Ward where you start. Just before the you get the pizza cutter, a sea snail woman falls from the sky. Remember that you enter the hamlet from the clock tower's face, one of the highest points in the city.

Holy fucking shit I didn't remember that, thanks user

interesting indeed. I'm trying to find a match from stills in google images. I believe one of the buildings to be the tower with orange lights in pic related.

Post Micolash or Doll to ease my pain please

also, if you look at the tower with the orange lights in that pic, you can see to the left of it there is a building with a dark orange sundial or clockface, seems to match the other building. Hard to tell what kind of shape this clockface building has, but it does look like a rectangular prism

No problemo. In my first playthrough, I don't think I even noticed the hint.

Meanwhile, DaS2 team be like "Oh! When we put a volcano valley on top of a barren mountain scape, we're fuckin' retards but when they put a sea over a city, they're geniuses."
:^)

Have some sedative, user.

Side note, I'd really goy it up for a Pthumeru/Cainhurst/Executioners DLC. Feels like that's the one last thing that could use more fleshing out.

The cutest, thank you user

Did someone really edit Kaguya wants to be confessed to? God damn I love that comic.

At first I thought she'd be second to Maiden in Black but it's the same VA.
Close though. They both got their moments and I almost want to roid rage on levels just for "Zo dat da wour mey be mended."

Polite sage.

That's the first area from the Hunter's Nightmare. You aren't just teleported to a new area, you have physically and metaphorically ascended within the dream.

Usually I see people complain that there aren't enough weapon/armor sets to go with builds, I haven't seen as much complaints about fewer build varieties compared to the other games

Are you talking about BB or DaS3? BB gets a lot of shit for low build variety with all low-weight melee-only builds, but complaints about dex-only builds and useless magic in DaS3 are pretty common too

Very much the case with vanilla BB. Part of why the DLC gets so much praise is because it doubled the weapons, completely redeemed Arcane builds and retooled the Beast Claw.
Not many weapons in BB but they're all perfectly viable. Sure, stuff like pizza cutter and Rakuyo tower over the rest but there isn't a weapon so bad, you'll make a challenge run with it.

DaS3 definitely favors DEX and Quality builds, especially if you want to stay in the 120 meta. Hybrids have to be meticulously planned and will need rings to pad things out while a pure DEX build has about 20 levels to fuck around with.
I wish they'd even things out a bit more. DaS3 is the only game in the series I didn't go full STR.

Nope

no, Bloodborne is debatable the best Hidetaka Miyazaki game, even better then Demon's Souls imho.
PvP connections, Bonfires, frame rate on PC and healing items.

BB ≥ DeS ≤ DkS1 ≈ DkS3 > DkS2

user writing a blog about your crippling poverty will not grant you sympathy here. I spare (you) no quarter today good sir.

but to answer your other question, yet DkS3 is good

Dude, read more than eight words into the post

Also why is everyone so into the Doll, she's a pale imitation of best girl. Am I talking about Lady Maria or the Maiden in Black? That's the joke

How did you still manage to skip over the relevant part of that post?
>Lady Maria is the Doll
One, no she isn't; two, obviously that is the joke about being a "pale" imitation
I am seriously fucking concerned about your reading comprehension on both of these parts, step away from the keyboard and get a drink of water or something

I don't think that guy was even implying that he doesn't own a PS4, I have hundreds of hours in Bloodborne and I won't ever get to play it in rock solid 60fps either
(I) am not even the same person you idiot, I've posted earlier in the thread and so has the other guy
I really don't think I can explain the joke more clearly

Who's deleting the posts? Are mods being cunts again? We can hide the posts ourselves like adults, thank you.