Are imageboards kill?

It's actually pretty sad that Holla Forums is the best board on this site. These morons have always been kind of cancerous, but at least they didn't abandon me here like everyone else.

The only reason I even post on 8ch at all is that I guess I just missed the fucking boat. I waited until the second or third exodus on cuckchan before coming here, but even at that point it was clear that this is where everybody went. But now on every single board you have a mixture of people who unironically read the goldwater, people who are OBVIOUSLY fifteen years old, and people who are just here to masturbate. And in all of those categories, I think it's safe to assume that most of them never used imageboards before GG. Say what you will about Holla Forums, but they did stay.

I just wish I could figure out where everyone else went, because these are not my kinds of people. Does anyone know? Did they all just get jobs? The cancer can have this site, Jim owns it now. I just want to be with 4chan again.

Meta threads are not allowed

I don't really care, it's not like I can actually get banned. I'd just like to be redirected to where 4chan went, because that's clearly not here.

everything has been taken over by millennial clintrumps, best to just lurk & download free shit. do not engage these people, they're idiots.

Then get back there, cuck. This board has major problems, major problems, but it'll never be as back as cuckchan. The 4chan you're looking for died around 2008-09. It'll never come back.

back to Holla Forums

I don't want to go to the actual SITE, I want to know where the community went. They're not here. I've considered going to smaller imageboards, but those are just their own communities, not the one I'm looking for. It seems like we had an exodus here, but nobody told anyone.

Imageboards died the moment they stopped being fun and funny. Same goes for your 4chan where you should fuck off.

Anywhere and everywhere. If you're looking for the people that made it great almost a full decade ago, then they're scattered. Gone with the wind.

If you want the faggots who made it "great" in 2012 and up, then just head right back to cuckchan.

Holla Forums is one of the worsts, but yes, all boards descended into shit.
/a/ used to be the best board, but now there are even raids and cuckchanners/redditors there, so I don't even know any safe-heaven anymore, devoid of retards.

Fucking Holla Forums and it's horde of imbeciles.

When people moved into Holla Forums after the first exodus everything was great but as the time passed a lot of anons became so untruthful that they started to call every non-template thread a "shill" thread, after months of this some people started to move to Masterchan but as we all know it didn't last long

I was going to make a post like this somewhere, but knew it was pointless. Doesn't surprise me that someone else did. Not a single thread is safe from the same 3-4 (1) baiters desperate for attention. At the same time there are so many people with retarded opinions that it's honestly impossible to tell bait from idiots probably from a board I wont name recruiting people from fucking reddit and facebook.

/a/ is one of the top 3 worst boards here.

Biggest cuck in this thread, even more than OP.

Yeah, I know what you mean
There's have been a lot of shitposting and shill calling lately, and on top of the now we have do deal with people from /wv/

I would argue that both hotwheels and jim are to blame for this. Hotwheels just wanted more traffic so he could get those precious advertising dollars, and jim has a very transparent political motive behind inviting people here. Our userbase now overlaps with people who unironically believe the shit that Alex Jones says, not just as a meme.

I don't think he's completely wrong, I don't go there because I don't want to get banned for not sharing an IRC circlejerk-approved opinion, but at least there's no TBH SMH FAM.

Can you name a better one? I'd say MAYBE /baphomet/, but it's really slim pickings here.

see what i mean?

1) /tg/ is the best board.
2) Extended exposure to reddit has introduced some problems, but the true issues we see on this site come from goons, Holla Forums, and Holla Forums faggots who all insist on turning every board into a loosely themed Holla Forums-variant.
3) All the oldfags are here, but unlike you, they stayed here and weathered hard times like you couldn't imagine. We've become older, more cynical, and more jaded than we were before. You don't recognize us because you didn't change with us.
4) Holla Forums's problem of discoverability still persists, as there is no convenient place to go where everyone can discuss which boards to use, which ones have bad BOs, which ones are compromised by the aforementioned faggoty shitposters, and so on.. So if there was the potential for some new version of Holla Forums to arise in place of this one, where good posting can flourish, good luck finding it.

On top of that Holla Forums is advertising to reddit and facebook

even /tg/ has been cucked, the BO is a ban-happy clintrump drone

back to Holla Forums. don't inflict your cancerous shitposting on boards that aren't devoted to cancerous shitposting.

The first exodus was composed by the cream of the crop, first months were great. After that, either most boards ran out of things to talk about and slowed down (and people went back to 4chan because they're used to quick boards) or 4chan\Reddit leaked its cancer into here and brought down post quality.
Both things happened thanks to GG, it was a great gift and a great curse.

But most oldfags are still here. What you're experiencing is the feeling of watching your "friends" getting older and finding new things in life and leaving you behind because you're still doing the same old things.
We became politicized as a community, there's no turning back.
When you actually look at the world and see what's going on right now you have to choose between two options: keep only playing videogames and don't do shit or try to make a change.
Either way, things will never be the same.

This is some Burch-tier logic.

/tg/ is great specifically because faggots like you DO get banned.

I really don't think there are oldfags here, because they'd be making good posts if there were.

See, this is what tells me you don't know what you're talking about. That board is still full of redditors, just ones that are slightly more civilized.

I don't think it's the best, just that it's better than say, Holla Forums.

No change is being made. You were making some sense before this but I have no idea what you're talking about. No one here is doing anything, they're just making bad posts on a bad site.

And posts like that are exactly why I know you are full of shit and don't know what you're talking about, but then again, you already admitted you have no idea what's going on here because you were late to jump off the cuckchan train.

Holla Forums makes no pretentions of being anything more than a shitposting board with a vaguely related theme of film and television. I can accept that more than a board like /a/ which is a terrible overmoderated shithole that caters only to a group of fags running it and the Stockholm syndome posters they browbeat into submission while projection a false sense of superiority and claiming only they are keeping real imageboard culture alive. Fuck /a/.

I just don't want to post on a bad site anymore, man. It's clear to me that 8ch is unsalvageable, and I just want to know if there's an actual place that everyone went, or if they all just quit and got jobs.

I was late to reply, but my thoughts perfectly echo

Holla Forums is a designated shithole. It makes no pretensions of being anything but. /a/, to its last dying breath and dwindling population, will loudly proclaim it's keeping traditional /a/ culture alive, nevermind the fact that the retards running the show over there have no clue was /a/ is or was and stifle what little they do understand with draconian rules.

That's why /a/ is the worst board on this site. Though, to be fair, the posters themselves on /a/ are actually quite good.

That's why I think it's not the worst. It's bad, but not the absolute bottom of the barrel.

But I think Holla Forums is still terrible because it's a shithole. On cuckchan it was an entertaining shithole because the janitor was so overworked and it was fun to poke him with a stick, and because the memes were so stupid they were funny. The same can't be said of 8/tv/, where the mods don't care at all and the memes are pretty much all bad.

Holla Forums is one of my favourite boards and I don't even watch TV.

Holla Forums didn't want to be a shithole, but various spergs took over and slowly drove all the reasonable posters into their general threads while the BO does absolutely nothing. One of the things you may have missed was the infamous "powergilr autist" or HighJinx causing an assload of drama on Holla Forums and then moving to Holla Forums where he spams anime threads ironically just to be obnoxious. Now, 90% of the board is forced memes and people trying to create the next forced meme, all while intentionally spewing b8 meant to rile up Holla Forums (ex: The "clintrump" thing).

Conversely, /a/ may have a heavy-handed BO who overreacts to anything even semi-ironic, but at the end of the day, if you want to talk about anime or manga, you can, and there's often very little issue with that as long as the series is remotely okay-ish.

Conversely, that's precisely why I think /a/ is the worst. Despite the userbase being okay, the overmods are so awful that they stifle all real off-the-cuff discussion. There is no cultural progression for the board, no further communal spiritual strengthening. Holla Forums might have shit memes and a turboshit culture, but at least they have them.

/a/ has nothing. They produce no memes, there is no sense of community or culture. They just pointlessly rehash the same stale conversations about current-season anime endlessly. Because they can't do anything else. The mods decided for them to trade all that away for an utterly misguided and incorrect interpretation of "old /a/," and aggressively ban anyone who doesn't step in line.

/a/ is shit.

Holla Forums suffers from the same problem Holla Forums does. There is very little quality material being produced in the medium and you can only discuss the old greats so many times before it gets old. What's left then? Discussing terrible products or shitposting. Most will choose shitposting in that scenario. /a/ has good material but terrible vols who stifle discussion and punish any hints of creativity or non BO approved culture. A far worse sin in my estimation.

/a/ does have something over Holla Forums: Since they are strictly consuming japanese media, they don't have to worry about avoiding, sabotaging, or vetting every single series they watch.

/a/ doesn't have a problem with potential shills or a community that insists you can't talk about Triple Ayyy mainstream media. On Holla Forums, it's essential. No one here actually wants a Call of Duty general, and it's bad enough we have Overwatch blizzdrones here.

/a/ doesn't have that problem, and since there is a never ending stream of new series every season, they always have stuff to talk about.. though they are definitely bereft of culture or spirit as says, which doesn't make it the most exciting place. Which is why is can be one of the top 5m ost active boards, and yet still seem to be entirely stagnant and lifeless.

The board is so shit they can't even accomplish this, which is the most basic tenement of the board. Back when I still went there, I can't tell you how many anime weren't talked about, simply because of the lack of population (due to previously discussed reasons.) I'd have to make the threads myself, samefag tirelessly, or make short one-liner crappy posts simply to keep them alive till their next episode, a mere week later. And if I ever stopped, you'd better believe it would die.

If your board is so shit it can't even manage to accomplish it's most simple and direct raison d'etre of discussing shows airing right that minuteness, then you've got some fucking serious problems.

I think you're probably just getting your information secondhand. I'm just a troll, m8. The drama I started on Holla Forums was just for fun, and then I was able to get mod and go on a thread-deleting spree.

I don't know anything about any anime threads, and I actually haven't done anything on Holla Forums since signature spice. Do people think I'm just spamming stuff for no reason?

Imageboards are honestly in a golden age now because after GamerGate the cultural center of imageboards shifted away from Holla Forums to Holla Forums.

The time from after Chanology failed to GamerGate where Holla Forums controlled the culture was a dark age.

Maybe stop watching shitty shows. :^)

I thought the chanology era was ruled by Holla Forums though.

Yeah, the quality of this board really improved when Holla Forums got so big that Holla Forums decided to flood this place with facefags.

The problem with /a/ is that 90% of the content is unironically about waifus or lolis, often both. It's filled to the brim with people adamant that [insert moeshit show here] is the best of its genre, when it's clear that they only like it because the entire cast is lolis.

There is also ZERO discussion of anything not an ongoing anime or manga. You can find at least one thread about Dragonball Super, but nothing about any actual classic anime. There were healthy JoJo threads all through the run of the anime, but now that it's over it's just two people circlejerking about how Steel Ball Run is the pinnacle of the manga.

It's basically just all fucking lolis and whatever flavor-of-the-month anime came out this week. Of the first 60 threads in the catalog, only SEVEN of them have an OP image that's not composed solely of cute girl(s). One of those is a picture of a toilet, and one's a picture of Griffith, just so you know.

Weebs seem to mindlessly throw money/jump on shit, and Holla Forums is full of people who scrutinize every detail of a game.

Basically, /a/ is too open and in love with new shit, and Holla Forums is too critical and in love with old shit. It's basically the extreme left vs. the extreme right and there is nobody who DOESN'T want to drop a nuclear bomb on the other side.

you mean what Holla Forums and gamergate have been doing the last few years?

Your understanding of /a/ is incredibly superficial.

GG is dead

i dont wanna say that

Just how it is.

the flames of rebellion burn on in my heart always

Nah, I lurk pretty hard. As and old faggot, I just lurk until some anons decided to actually pick a game and play it. The board I lurk the most is /vr/ on cuckchan which started after 4 months into the first exodus cause things kinda died down here. Wish the one here had some traffic, but not the case. Just make good threads if you want the quality of the board to improve, if it doesn't turn out good, wait a couple days. As for Holla Forums and Holla Forums inbred fighting, you should be immune to it by now. It has been happening since 4chan started.

So is their understanding of everything.

just crawl back there , frankly you deserve that place and it deserves to have you

Please, 70% of Holla Forums is from /r/the_donald. The Reddit problem is hardly exclusive to one side.

color me surprised

what if I love both boards