In retrospect...

In retrospect, can fall/winter 2006 be seen as a tipping point when everything went to shit and everything had all personality and thought removed from it including vidya?

All true but I'm putting forth the hot opinion that it was 2006, not 2007, that was when everything shifted into shit

Malcom in the middle was still going on till '07?

Yes but unlike most shows which got shit later on, Malcolm remained kino from end to end

2006 may have been when things started going to shit but 2007 did more to fuck everything up than any year before or since.

Stated well but I think it was 2008 where everything got fucked up

Obama ruined this country with his liberal degeneracy

2007 set the stage for Obama.

Fuckoff back to Holla Forums with this forced bullshit.

No, 2007 was the beginning and yet it had plenty of good games overall.
2006 was just overall shit for consoles since it was the start if a new Gen but pretty good for PC.

I think I can see your point on that.

Thinking back on it the Xbox 360 generation was when I really stopped playing vidya and watching anime. I'd been living the NEET life for awhile by that point and moved on to other things.

It was strange to see what I'd been picked on my entire life (hobbies like programming, building PCs and lusting over new hardware, buying every console, importing games, fansubbing anime) suddenly become mainstream. As the years rolled on I got further and further away from all those things and grew indifferent to them.

When I was finally lured back into vidya by my normalfag friends that had just discovered it for the first time I was in shock. Everything was so dumbed down and easy, winning was just a matter of going through the motions even online, every random match felt like I was playing against total newbies. I guess I was. Anime had devolved into moe shit and since I'd seen all the good stuff from the 50s-90s already there was nothing to really watch aside from the rare series. But those seem to become more rare and I gave up all together.

Then came the army of drones that seem like they'll never leave. Everybodies girlfriend was a grrrrl gamer, every jock was "beating mofos online", every series I loved was butchered and dumbed down to appeal to them. They even populate the arcade like autistic vermin taking up space and crying for SMASH. You can't buy anything used anymore because every brick and mortar store caters to these faggots and over charges for everything. Things NES Minis are given away as if they're something rare and it actually draws in these faggots to spend money. I can't believe it.

Maybe I should dump my collection on them while the asking prices are so high but I can't stand the thought of one of these people ending up with my stuff. I know they'll never appreciate it for what it is or the fact that I took good care of it. Most would probably destroy it to mount it as a conversation piece.

not this shit again

It's not true that everything died in 2007/late 2006. It only started dying. Personally I think that 2012 was the last nail in the coffin.

Still we got some good things out of 2012 for example, the new JoJo anime, but everything after it was an almost non-stop stream of shit in out face.

This sounds right. Things like this don't happen overnight.

It's been ten years since 2007. Do you think things will start looking up now?

Alright, which universe is this?

What if Sonic 06 was successful, had no bugs, was named Adventure 3 and had chao garden? Maybe that would sell it?

Games fell to the casuals after 1999.

I don't even go on reddit and can tell it's obviously not from there.

There was still some good stuff outside mainstream garbage in 2006 and 2007, like digging for strange obscure websites, but somewhere around 2010-2012 when Android became so popular that even third-world poorfags could get a "smart"phone internet got shitty.

What was so bad about 1999?

You forgot
that's an important one

I can see where you're coming from, but 2006 just looks like good things coming to an end which set the way for everything that happened in 2007.

Final Fantasy 12 released in 2006, OP might have a point.

It was shit for the Xbox and Gamecube though.

Jojofags are the bronies of anime

Western anime fans are the bronies of anime fans.
Besides, Part 5 is the normalfag filter.

True enough, and I hope you're right about that. I can already see those spergs memeing about THE TASTE OF A LIAR everywhere they go

OH SHIT NIGGER WHERE DID THE TIME GO?

Then I fired up my other save game to see what I was up to and wow.

2006 was amazing.
2009 was the beginning of the end.

I know that JoJofags are really fucking obnoxious in general, but that doesn't change the fact that anime itself isn't bad. There is nothing wrong with acknowledging something as good even if it has an obnoxious fanbase.

Everything that gets popular eventually gets surrounded by the most annoying people. Fuck, even classic stuff can have obnoxious fans from time to time.

To prove my point about classic stuff having obnoxious fans. Have you ever been to a Holla Forums armour thread?

after jojo p3 got its anime the fanbase really started cancering up, people treat it like the invader zim of anime
i wish people would stop trying to inject stands and jojo memes into everything

Grow the fuck up faggots.

Ah whatever, I'll bite.

And? Can you deny that video games, along with other media went to shit some time after 2000's were over?

What are you even talking about? Do you even have a point besides just shitposting? No one is saying that video games are anything more than a hobby.

Quality of vidya peaked in the mid- to late-90s. It's been in freefall since about 6-12 months into the 6th console generation, barring a handful of good titles. This meme that 2006/2007 ruined everything is stupid bullshit peddled by faggots too young to have any perspective. It only ruined the generation that grew up on social media. Your generation.

all that tv shit is garbage. who cares?

That fucker has just been shitting up threads all day and making shit threads.
Don't feed him. Just report.

when you stopped trying is when things started "going to shit".

Nothing, that user is trying to seem too cool for vidya.
Well guess what? If you played anything after 1982, you are all post crash cancer.

oh no!

Malcolm in the Middle is the best comedy series ever
fite me irl fags

Videogames were popular since their inception, nigger. All the kids wanted them and all their parents bought them.

Not only that, teenagers played in arcades back when they were becoming the hit thing in the late 70s and early 80s. Although vidya was treated as more of a fad back in those days. Normalfags have infested vidya since the release of Computer Space (which was put in a bar near a university). It's more of the fact that now there are so many casuals (due to nerdy shit being trendy) that it's starting to affect the video games themselves and their quality. The only time when all video games were an exclusive hobby was when they were only accessible to computers in high-end universities.

Giorno is the most boring Jojo
Passione are fucking cool though
Gold Experience Requiem is an asspull

Think earlier - Windows 95.

Before Win95 playing games required some minimum technical expertise and dedication - you had to set up sound,

sometimes edit config.sys and autoexec.bat to even get the game working. At the very least you had to know how to use

command line interface.

It was Windows 95 that first made gaming and computers in general accessible to broader audiences. It was Windows

95 that abolished requirement for minimum knowledge, intelligence and dedication to merely become a user.
Seriously, can you imagine a DOS era gamer baawing about the lack of quest compass? After having to clear up low

areas of memory by loading system drivers higher up and fiddling around with IRQs and DMAs in sound setup due to

autodetection inexplicably failing?

Sure it took time for the gaming to actually start declining but it was Windows95 that put the decline in motion.

Kind of makes me sad that Malcolm in the Middle never saw any DVD releases after the first season. I'm not sure they even do reruns of it at this point, but that said I only use my TV for games these days anyhow (don't even have a cable connection in my room).

The sad part there is that those NES Minis really don't have all that many games on them compared to how much worthwhile stuff the system saw on the whole, and even with what it does have some of the choices are strange (Castlevania II but no Castlevania III? Also pretty sure Castlevania II uses the original shit translation as well).

I still remember seeing that "/coco/'s Besotted Autism" thread on /cow/. Fucking half/co/.

That episode at the zoo still stands out well to me.

How cute.

Part
7>4>5>6>3>2>1
Jojo
2>7>4>1>5>6>3

I hate it when people cry about 'reddit spacing', but come the fuck on.

the cw is cops, cheaters and capeshit now

>>>/suicide/

DELETE THIS

Jesus shit, what a lazy prick.
Mods, please ban OP.

I am younger than you. Far younger, I officially quit associating myself with any of the culture in 2015.
When the EU was dumped by Disney and Star Wars sold, I gave up my Star Wars shit. My movies, my books, my comics. All gone.
I had collected a video game collection over the years. I learned that the people involved with games are easily subverted by leftists. The entire community is apathetic and will be steamrolled by anyone with an ounce of conviction. I sold all my fucking video games and bought a gun.
I have taken all the posters I had and thrown them in the trash. Gaming culture was doomed to die because people involved in it always knew their parents were right. That they would amount to nothing.

Holy fuck, get out.

That's actually an NSA employee.

What's the cutoff UNIX timestamp number for 8ch? I can't remember when we changed to this gay shit we use now.

Around 1471

What the fuck IS this bullshit that we have now for file names? Way to make my pictures 10x more disorganized than before.

I just checked through my unsorted/unnamed images and videos. The highest number I seem to have is 1469495883225

Sonic '06 would have been a great game if it were finished.

1998 was the peak year for video games but 2007 was when the decline accelerated to absurd levels.

But Crash came out in 1996 and the last one was 1999.

Practically nobody ever played games on Windows or DOS until very recently, namely after they all heard that THE CAKE IS A LIE and the orange box got them easy access to that and other memegames like TF2 and Left 4 Dead. We're already arguing that vidya as a whole was more niche in the '90s than it is now, but DOS and Windows games were way, way more niche than Nintendo, Sega, or Sony games at the time. And before some poorfag (probably eurofag) PCuck gets defensive, just go look up the sales figures for even the most successful DOS or Windows games of the era. They are incredibly low compared to the big games from the other platforms. People might have liked a few like Doom or Rollercoaster Tycoon (to give examples from two different eras), but even those "big" names were incredibly obscure compared to Sonic or Mario.