Hi Holla Forums. Nothing really to say or do. Just wanted to post this picture of this game I got

hi Holla Forums. Nothing really to say or do. Just wanted to post this picture of this game I got.
Looks comfy.

I want to fuck that cat.

It's a great game.

Enjoy it OP.

Vanillaware thread

sexy fairy chick.

What do you think guys? Hard for a first timer?

The game is actually difficult so I would go Normal. Hard if you feel like a real challenge. Some bosses and stuff can feel cheap and take some effort to beat.

Like Dragon's Crown, but no multiplayer, so you can get frustrated on hard mode.

Been playing it myself for the first time recently on my PS3 (currently on Mercedes' chapter). Pretty enjoyable game, and a visually pretty game at that (though it's Vanillaware, so that's to be expected).

So when does the loli get raped?

If you're playing the new remake, play on hard. It's too easy otherwise.

WARIO

Good game, but crappy, low effort thread.
That said, check my numbers.

It's almost as if weebs are also 100% shitposters

Man, that menu design is nothing short of lovely, not enough games do it. Rareware games are about the only other example I know.

Pretty nice how you retain recipes between chapters and just keep building on his catalog of what you can have him cook you.

Grim grimoire remake when?

It reminds me of Contact. That was a fun way to make use of the NDS' second screen.

Got to ask, given how NISA handled the western version of that, did they screw up the translation or bug it up, or was that back when they were still kind of decent? Just asking since I don't remember seeing anything about that one on the "NISA a SHIT" copypasta screencap.

Actually tried a bit of Contact recently. I want to like it, but I feel like I have little clue what I'm doing statwise. Especially when I'm being hit for 9-10 points of damage per attack (a lot when you only have like 100 health at that point) by particular enemies, while other enemies in the vicinity are practically doing scratch damage. Leaves me feeling confused as to when I'm actually ready enough to progress further.

They were always shit, some games were just not as shit as others. Grim grimoire was fine, it didn't blow up your system and the localization was okay at best (there was still obvious "flavor enhanced" dialogue and pointless changes from the jap script)

Please go and stay go you fucking retard.

These are the three I have so far.

I'm starting to get to a point I guess where I really need to decide what to spend Phozons, seeds, and all the resources on. Pretty good design, I think. When a resource can go to so many different uses and there are several different resources here.

Dragon's Crown and Muramasa didn't have this sort of depth with what they handled. In fact, thinking back on them, they seem like simplified versions of this (in some aspects).
Although I'm playing on the refined mode which I heard is more akin to Muramasa in combat which I am really enjoying.

That's the funny thing, because you're not talking about it at all. You're just spamming images about a game you supposedly just found and ignoring everyone else.

To be fair, it did recently see a remake (I'm not sure how you're exactly getting screenshots, whether emulating the PS2 original or taking them via the PS4/Vita version of Leifthrasir), but yeah, it's a little late for it to necessarily get called shilling. In general though it seems like there's an increase in the mindset of people posting and enjoying what they're playing being "shilling" (I've even gotten accused of that with games that came out close to two decades ago at this point), as well as an apparent attempt to change what "weeb" has meant to apply it to any overtly Japanese game, and that discussion of such games ought to be frowned on.

I've got about four pages worth at this point.

Yeah, I've been having trouble trying to determine where to use my Phozons myself. I will say though that there's a nice "Naturalize" alch that converts any and all dropped food into phozons, I have to experiment more with it sometime, but I think a higher rank potion of it converts into more phozons, so I'd wager you could grow food from seeds and then get even more Phozons back in return than you used to begin with.

In general though the game provides you with a lot of options for what to do with items. Do you plant your seeds and grow materials with them, or feed them to chickens to get materials of a different sort? Do you want to keep those items you're not sure you'll use, or take a gamble and Juggle them into stuff possibly more useful? Etc, etc.

Oh no, I am playing the remake. I have my PS4 hooked into my Hauppague and i'm grabbing the screens every now and then. For when I'm not actively fighting there is a nice delay that I can get grabs during scripted scenes or whatever. I've been using that to get lots of vidya images when I play lately.

I'm having fun poking around with the alchemy system the most though. For the first few, I guess stages, I've been putting most of my phozons into food so I can level up quick. Playing on Hard and I've died 2 maybe 3 times so I try to pump myself up a bit. I think I should start focusing them on upgrading skills now though and just let food come as it may.

Here, I'll post a smug girl from a game that isn't related to this one just to satisfy your weird autism.

You're defending the OP who obviously posts like an autistic faggot (literally). Just like that ass thread or scar fetish thread except this time with old screenshots of a game that's been jizzed over for almost a decade then forgotten as usual. KYS you enabling faggot.

Oh it's the ass autist.

Some more snapshots. The art style really pops.

Is this from the Japanese or was this some fuckery?

wew lad, pretty soon anons will be calling Super Mario Bros "weebshit". What a time to be alive.

Can't beat this dude. Two tries. Can you run off and level up after already taking a stage? First boss I had some real bad trouble with.

Honestly, if I wasn't 95% sure that the game reused the PS2 version's prior translation, I'd have thought that chapter might have been [CURRENT YEAR]ed, namely due to the venomous attitude the Valkyrie NPCs have towards marriage. However, I will admit that I'm not all that familiar with Norse mythology, so if that's how they actually reacted in lore to the idea, then the vibe it gave me might very well be misplaced.

If you want to be certain that it was in the original script though, it might be worth asking in the "learn moonrunes" thread if there's one up. Even if someone there hasn't exactly played it, there should be some clips on youtube with the Jap dub and the English text you could embed for someone to analyze (especially since all the dialogue in the game is fully voiced).

My own take on it though is more that Oswald himself is pretty much treated as little more than an object by the Queen he is a slave to, and doesn't want her, or anyone, to be treated the way he has been.

I didn't have that much of an issue with him. Are you remember to make potions? Those can easily help even the playing field some, be it damaging foes, helping you, or a general effect (for instance, while Cyclone having a wide range and dealing damage is certainly nice, the bigger perk is it drawing foes into a tight area to be more easily slaughtered). Killer Cloud is a potion I've been rather fond of in particular, though that's admittedly best used against more stationary enemies/bosses in my experiences. I suppose that whether or not this is all that helpful though is dependent on just what the issue you're having is, whether it's keeping up damage, or just trying to survive. You might also check what you have equipped as well as certain items come with a drawback to make up for what they boost.

I want to think you can, but haven't yet found a way to go back to a prior stage in my own attempts. I think though that maybe you can go back to one of those circular "Battle" spheres you get graded on and select "retry" in the menu to try the encounter again for a better grade. Not sure if you'll get extra phozons and exp that way though, but it might be worth a shot.

Well, the Valkyrie's not desiring marriage makes some sense. If you suppose this warrior culture where glory in battle is preferred then its logical that they won't want to settle down.
On top of that, it seems like they don't have a choice in the matter…they're just assigned to a dude. So I get it.
But the whole "You're not an object!" coming from that dude is what kinda made me quirk an eyebrow.

As far as the boss fight…I'm going to try to shore up more resources and take a harder fight on him. I was getting a bit drunk when I tried last time.

When you play Oswald's story, it makes sense why he says that.

hi op im you but from the past

Is this the same game and a different part or just a different game?

It's Princess' Crown on the sega saturn thru RGB on a $33,000 monitor

$33,000 monitor? What the fuck?

Post a picture of google cat being jerked.

Shit bread

(checked)
It's a damn shame the developers say they can't release the game in any form besides emulated, like they did for the PSP re-release because they lost the original code.

hopefully with the new saturn reverse engineering projects, Sega takes note and starts getting saturn emulation going on modern platforms. It was Sega's best console, period. Other developers like bluepoint have shown you don't need source file access to a good, accurate experience, just access to good hardware, and a good emulator.

retired film studio equipment, Ikegami HTM-2050R
(look at that fuckin' shadowmask)

also I lied it was a $12,000 monitor sorry, han mi TV said otherwise but their english speaker is ESL so maybe he meant their bulk purchase of them.

You reminds me of those needy bitches on twitch chat who cries when their streamer don't interact with them

Is the original PS2 version of oden sphere still worth playing or is the remake too much of an upgrade? The PS2 one emulates pretty good last I checked

Go remake.

That would require owning a console after 6th gen. But if it's that much better I'll just skip it entirely.

Haven't played the original version, but I've heard the NA PS2 version suffered from rather noticeable slowdown. I'm not sure if playing digitally via emulation or an IDE drive would resolve that or not, but if not, maybe look into if the PAL PS2 version had slowdown.

As for Leifthrasir, it's basically two versions of the game in the same package: a gameplay remake, and an extended port of the original, in order to satisfy both those that were fans of the original style and those that are either new to the game or thought the combat needed work prior. I've encountered very little slowdown in the remake mode (only time has been growing an assload of seeds as Mercedes and that using a massive crossbow blast to harvest them all), and I imagine that that the classic has also lost what slowdown the game had originally (admittedly though I've just been playing on the remake mode for the time being).

PS3's got an alright library at this late in its life. Just saying.

couldn't beat him last night.
Right now, first try and barely felt like a fight.

What is it about walking away from a frustrating battle that makes it super fucking easy the next day?

What did she mean by this?

The "frustrating" part mostly.

Although I always have the opposite experience when I'm doing well. If I save and quit a roguelike I'll probably die within the first 20 minutes of picking it back up.

Feeling more rested and refreshed in mind? Possibly not being drunk might also help.

I'm wagering her father's sent her there before for diplomacy. Probably some decent materials there for the dwarves in Ragnanival to work with.

That said, as of where I'm at, Gwendolyn's chapter has been the only one to actually feature him, so it's a bit hard to get a feel for how he relates to the other kingdoms and such.

I like OS so much i've leveled every single character to 99 and maxed out all their skills.
I've gotten that item that increases your STR based off your level, i'm thinking of re-finishing the game on NG+ harder difficulty to get the second, improved version of that item.

Figure I might as well ask you then: Can you outright go back and replay sections you've been through already? I've tried to select old locations during the general chapter progression before but it hasn't let me. Which is annoying since I've missing some Phozon Prisms for Gwen and Cornelius.

never
she's there to read books, complain about the ending, and get a magic coin stolen from her

What?
Yes you can.
Go on the map screen and press L1/R1 to change chapters, that's it.

That faggot got what he deserved.

Huh, not sure why I didn't see that before. Bit weird though that it would let me hover above locations as if to just go back through the stage, but not be able to select them. I'll give that a whirl then, thanks.

So what are the differences, since Leifthrasir isn't an option for me

Why the fuck does nobody say the name of the game

Leifthrasir massively overhauls the combat to be more fast paced and combo/juggling focused.
It almost plays like a 2D DMC.

There's also tons of quality of life improvements such as better inventory management in general, better bartering system, better alchemy system, an added "on demand" cook that cooks you stuff via recipes, this feature integrates itself in the way leveling up works so leveling up feels smoother and more natural in general.
On top of all that the game comes with the original, untouched game included if you want to play it vanilla (it's just in HD and that's it).

Simply put, the original game was a hidden gem, but incredibly flawed and often frustrating.
The new version is probably the single best HD port ever made because the devs sat down and fixed almost every single flaw and limitation the original had, while keeping the core structure of the game untouched and intact.

That being said, the original game is still playable if that's all you've got.

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Why mushrooms gotta be so sexy?

How's this bony bitch have such big titties?

oh, she's got a spidergina.

came here specifically to ctrl+v "cat lover"

beat that big tittied spider bone bitch.

is that gamercat?

Ok so this game is going to be a series of different characters all with different ways to play them?
So it is basically like i'm getting the same sort of game but with different takes on who should have been the main playable character?

Pretty neat.

From what I can tell playing myself, not quite. It's more that you're seeing parts of a whole story from various characters points of view, and from slightly different timings. The other playable characters at times might show up in each other's chapters, either as a neutral/friendly NPC, or as an enemy boss.

Yeah I get that…but I was talking more from a gameplay angle.
What I'm really saying is that just as I am getting sort of fed up and bored with how my one character has turned out, another one comes with some wildly different style and ability to adapt to.
So far I only ahve this bunny dude as my only other example but he is really strange to play after playing with the valkery chick for so long.

Also, lol a skeleton titties.

I feel it was a mistake to make normal attacks cost no POW. You don't ever need to block.

Nothing to really say. I just thought this was a good image.

That bunny a cute

He's a dude.
Have some more skeletits.
BTW…one thing I have noticed in vanillaware or whatever games…
The bigger the tits, the more important the character.

user are you implying dudes can't be cute?

Given how Cornelius' chapter starts a bit before Gwendolyn's does, I kind of like to think the beating Odette took at the hands of a rabbit with a sword prompted her to get stronger prior to the fight between her and Gwen.

Did someone say Kirby?

>>>/bog/

Well…yes. I guess that is a way to consider the situation.
This is a side-track sort of tangent but I think it applies.

I loved the Legacy of Kain series…but when it came to all the soul Reaver sequels I was always kind of pissed off. For no reason at all when a sequel started, the character was stripped of their abilities and power only to rediscover them.

So now the explanation has to happen here out of universe, like with that game and with this.
In this game…is this rabbit and his sword just so much stronger? or is it that he's at a time where it is all so much weaker for him?

S P I D E R V A G I N A

Don't think too much about the power levels. Storywise, Oswald is supposedly OP as fuck, gameplay-wise Mercedes shits on every other character because her attacks are ranged and she can fly.

I saw some user once pointing out Vanillaware's tit-monsters tended to be characters associated with or have powers relating to death. A 3deep5me juxtaposition of breasts, normally symbolising life, against death and decay. DEEPEST LORE

Just like bitches to fight over jewelry

Mario isn't in an anime style

hard's not bad tbh but I'm not done with it. some bosses do take some doing. worst part is all the micro management with mats but that's 10 minutes tops in between missions.

bullshit, shit was clearly 70s anime

Why did you bump this thread?

OH DID I BREAK THE RULES