With NieR Automata coming out next week and so many people having never played or even seen the original NieR im gonna...

With NieR Automata coming out next week and so many people having never played or even seen the original NieR im gonna spend the next week streaming all 4 endings so that people at least have a chance to see the game.

I'm only gonna post the thread once so that i don't annoy people with continuous self shilling, so if you have never seen or played NieR get in here!

Direct: youtube.com/watch?v=mJykdm_2Nk8

Embed if you prefer to use infinity.moe : youtube.com/embed/mJykdm_2Nk8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V2bLvmHugCw
youtube.com/embed/V2bLvmHugCw
youtube.com/watch?v=uY3Gx8pO4EE
youtube.com/embed/uY3Gx8pO4EE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

People who don't play games themselves don't deserve to enjoy them

Unfortunately for now NieR is stuck on the PS3/360, tho if Automata does well hopefully we will see a PS4/Xbone/PC HD Re-Release.

Not everyone can afford gaming PCs and multiple consoles. Sometimes you have to take the regrettable road of watching.

Nier is one of those games that you really can't watch, you have to play it. Plus, it has commentary. You're doing the world a disservice because if you just watch Nier you won't get the impact it depends on.

Watching a stream of it is not optimal ill give you that, but its better than nothing.

Bought it for 15 eurobucks. Going to have some fun and then when Automata comes out (or right before) I'm gonna sell it for outrageous prices.

Futa time

I played Nier but couldn't make it past the fishing minigame so I threw the disc in the garbage and bought ten copies of Overwatch so I could write about the diversity of the characters in my tech blog.

Also I'm Swedish and I like to double space my paragraphs.

Might join, I only played Drakengard and just did not care for it at all

Having played the demo for Automata I'm not sure how crucial NieR is going to be, seems like it's going to be a PG game wearing the skin of a Yoko Taro game

Is getting all the endings worth it? I got the first one but I can't be hassled to play the second half of the game three more times.
You can't just pick chapters like in drakengard right?

You only play the back half of the game over not all of it, and yes its very much worth it.

Ending #2 is an absolute must, as you didn't see the real ending without playing that., because the entire second half of the game is different, not just the ending.

Endings #3 and #4 you can Youtube unless you really enjoy getting all the weapons in the game.

This. NG+ starts when you free Kaine and from there you collect all the castle keys over again, but this time there's more context and cutscenes given.
NG++ offers no significant changes other than offering endings 3 and 4 if you've collected all the weapons. Technically you could save outside of the point of no return, get ending 3, then reload and do ending 4. However ending 4 is rather special and should be experienced natively.

Eh, I think that ending #4 would've actually be as impact as it should have been if they didn't force moonman to add all the prompts before deleting your save file and just delete the file without warning as originally intended.

It's like warning someone that a plot twist is coming in the next chapter of the book.

as impactful*

pls no bully

That would have absolutely made it more impactful, but watching someone do it is even less impactful.

blarg. "watching someone else do it"
I can't type tonight either.

I serious hope none of you assholes do this. Get a fucking copy off ebay or some shit and just play the damn thing. It's well worth playing it yourself and, really, you shouldn't even be here if you don't like playing games.

Thanks, I guess I'll get the second ending and youtube the rest.
Did anybody ever got ending D in drakengard without using a guide ?

This must be the work of the Jews.

Waiting for the right moment to crack that seal

I'm pretty sure people can just read a wikia plot summary for the series as a whole if they wanted to understand the backstory for Automata user.

And anyway, this game looks to be a sequel in name only. The epilogue of Nier, regardless of ending, states that the Gestalt project ends in failure, and humans and Replicants all are rendered extinct within a couple of decades. And yet Automata's set-up plot is that thousands of years in the future, humanity is, with no explanation, alive and well on the moon and is sending advanced androids down to Earth to reclaim it from invading aliens, who we have yet to actually see, by destroying their robot army.

The only relation any of that shit has to the first game is a grand total of three returning characters, two of whom are clones and the last of which is amnesiac after centuries of living all alone with no reference point to his past.

Haha! Make sure to do funny stuff like my favorite streamer, Ice Poseidon! Cx

The game never actually sold that good originally, copies are hard to come by.

Whats the source for this?

Since the thread isnt dead ill post the link to tonight's stream here once i go live.

What i expect is that there will be a bunch of callbacks and links to DoD1/3/NieR but nothing that requires you to have played those games to understand the core of Automata. Similar to how DoD1 ending E is literally the starting events of NieR(and how a bunch of the weapons in NieR got there) how ever if you had never played DoD1 you wouldn't be missing out on anything critical to understanding the story or characters in NieR.

How ever if Automata has both Emil and Accord in it in a direct sense then having not played NieR or DoD 3 you will be at some what of a disadvantage, but neither of those have been confirmed just rumours.

Also as far as im aware Replicant is cannon not Gestalt, so what ever it may effect Brother Nier is cannon not Papa Nier.

Alright NieR Gestalt continuing now.

Direct: youtube.com/watch?v=V2bLvmHugCw

Embed: youtube.com/embed/V2bLvmHugCw

Game was physical only, Square buried it.

Luckily Sony now mandates every game has to be sold digitally on the Playstation Store. Scalpers BTFO.

no kaine pics ?

But what if they have horrible gameplay like Drakengard?

(trips)
I shamelessly watched all the campaign missions of DoD 3 a few days ago. No way in hell am I getting that final ending. I don't even have a working PS3 anymore.

just look it it you tube

Nier is an ARPG.
It's structured and plays a little bit like a Zelda game, but at the same time it's more experimental, and different.

In Nier, you do horrible fishing minigames.
You grow flowers, in real time.
You kill children.
You kill their parents.
One of your party member is a gay medusa shota that wants your dick, but then he turns into a skeletron so there's nothing left to bone.
His sister is also a skeletron.
Your other party member is a possessed futa that throws insults at everyone and acts like a bitch.
Your -other- party member is a floating book.
The futa insults the book, a lot.
There's heavy bullet hell elements.
The camera and perspective shift around a lot.
There's text adventure elements.
The bosses talk to you but you can't understand them at first.
You ride a boar.
Let me tell you about the dragon and the prince.
Let me tell you about how no one stops.
Let me tell you about that time someone h e a r d a s o u n d .

When the fuck is the PC release?

NEVER EVER
PCUCKS REKT AGAIN

(checked)
Beautiful user

(checked)
That's probably for the best.

But…do you have to? Why spoil yourself when you can just wait until at some point in the future you can get that console with the game you want? You don't even have to keep the console if you don't like it, you can just resell the thing.
Besides, i bet you can play NieR Automata without knowing what happened in the previous game. I just don't see the point in spoiling yourself.

is that meant to be molly millions?

I don't know.

I think I'm actually autistic. I keep fucking up the fishing, I've been stuck here for 30 goddamn minutes, every time I touch the analog stick in any way, be it opposite of the fucking fish or to it's direction the line gets cut.

I remember breaking my controller with that minigame, for some reason my brain decided that putting more force would make the rod pull harder.

Are you the user from a while back who streamed some vidya , then got scared off when the gays started flirting with you?

thats because you're fishing a fish that is WAY stronger than your fishing ability is capable of.

you have to fish within your fishing level you dumbass, otherwise the fish overpowers you everytime

Tell me you're fucking joking.

It's the other beach ign, look at the map

Kill me now.
And thank you

Remember my ID and the autism it forever carries.

Fucking idiot.

now that's just sad

When's the PC release?

Fuck off forever. :^)

Nope, i have posted my streams here a few times before tho. Iv done a Metal Gear Marathon over the christmas~new years period the last 2 years.

This did stump a lot of people, you were trying to catch a shark which you cant do till around the 5th fishing quest. They needed to word the text the old man gives you better there.

I think the confusion comes from most tutorials generally having you do the thing right where it was introduced. It does show on the map where you need to fish at, but we're so conditioned that we didn't even think to look at the map.

Don't feel too bad user, I fell into that trap too.

For what its worth, the Moon Man approves of the stream…. maybe.

I'm fairly certain he does. When he came on here didn't he say how sorry he was that he's not a better developer? I'd imagine seeing things like this mean a bit more to him than normal.

Well at least you made me laugh.

Welcome to old school JRPGs.

I really hope the true ending this time is locked behind beating the game on very hard mode. Did any Journos ever even touch DoD 3, let alone get far enough to be frustrated at the final boss?

I never realized how shitty Neir 1 looks. I played it a long time ago on 360 and thought it was alright. The game is great but ugh it looks so bad seeing if from the perspective of modern games. I mean even Ys8 looks more technical and that's a Vita game.

You faggots lied to me.

also this.

What a nice guy

Im rather surprised to see that the thread has held on for 3 days so once again ill post the stream links when i go live again tonight.

Aite going live again. Right at the start of phase 2 so get ready for why the moonman wears the mask.

Direct: youtube.com/watch?v=uY3Gx8pO4EE

Embed: youtube.com/embed/uY3Gx8pO4EE