I've recently decided to replay Oblivion, as I haven't really played it this decade

I've recently decided to replay Oblivion, as I haven't really played it this decade.
Don't bother telling me not to, I know it has a lot of issues, but I'll experience them (again) myself.
What mods should I use? I recall OOO being one I used a lot, as IIRC it vastly reduced level scaling.
Any major gameplay overhauls? I recall Oblivion XP being neat, are there any other progression overhauls I should consider?
Any I should avoid?
NMM or OMM?
Is there a Tamriel Rebuilt analog that adds other regions?
I prefer to play mages, so what should I play this time? Another mage, or maybe a thief archer?

Other urls found in this thread:

hongfire.com/forum/forum/hentai-lair/hentai-game-discussion/390703-tes4-lovers-with-pk-aio-series
mega.nz/#!TIcEFLSI!inzXiqX2ZC3ezQFfBzyDc-GcqlY5zJ437cwXciZdomI
nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/12466/?
nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/6359/?
nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/35333/?
tesgeneral.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's a really good mod called "Uninstall"

Go to NexusMods or ModDB, then sort by either highest rated or voted most.
That's my strategy for every game.

Can't think of any region-adding mods, but there are a few that add sections of a region, like all of Vvardenfall.

Just play Fallout 4 instead

An user once posted this a long time ago, I never tried it, so I don't know how good or bad it is.

You tried Uninstall Sorcerer?

Is NMM still shit? It's really neat when it works, but when I last used it (years ago) it worked maybe 1/5th the time.

oblivion mod manager is what I've always stuck with, I didn't see a reason to use NMM

Who are you? Who are you?

How did you

get this?

Daily reminder you can find the Orb of Uninstalling in the Cave of Quit.

You won't help me? You're abandoning me now, just when I need you the most?! No… no. I understand. It is my problem, and I should solve it myself. You're right. I should never have involved you. Good night.

bait.tar.gz

You again? You're becoming a real pain in my arse, you know that? I thought I made myself clear. You don't belong down here. Now get!

Come on user, I gave you what you wanted to know, now stop the thread. It's dead.

By the gods, there's a psychopath on the loose!

Okay, now you're just pretending to be pretending to be retarded.

Stop any time you like.

You. I've seen your kind before. You've got blood on your hands. Keep your blade sheathed, you murdering bastard, or I'll put you down myself.

Why? I've never played an archer, and played a thief once like 8 years ago.

That's a skyrim maymay isn't it?

So, the cat's-paw of the Septims arrives at last. You didn't think me unawares? Here of all places, in the paradise that I created? Look now, upon my paradise, Gaiar Alata, in the old tongue, a vision of the past… and the future.

Applies to Oblivion as well, although if you want to get meta about it, the only way to "beat" the retarded level scaling and do good damage is to enchant pic related.

You said you wanted me to solve this myself. And I am. Drastic measures. Didn't want to, but you're right, it is the only way. Um, no, I don't know the way to the Imperial City. You'll have to ask someone else.

As I said I plan to use OOO which removes the worst of the level scaling to my knowledge.

You are like a Dark Gift from the Night Mother herself. Please, tell me how I can help.

Heh, you're in for a surprise :^)

Yes, you understand now. Tamriel is just one more Daedric Realm of Oblivion, long since lost to its prince, when he was betrayed by those that served him. Lord Dagon cannot invade Tamriel, his birthright, he comes to liberate the occupied lands.

Please see the WebM for my autism.

By superhuman effort, you can avoid slipping backwards for a while. But one day, you'll lose a step, or drop a beat, or miss a detail… and you'll be gone forever.

GO THE FUCK BACK TO REDDIT FAGGOT

By the Nine Divines! Assault!

Galaxy is that you?

Who?

That's a yes.

see

Ebin joke my fellow ledditor!!!! I did Nazi that coming hehehehe XDXD :)!!!!

DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID
DROWN YOURSELF IN ACID

I did worse than that (in that exact house if I'm not mistaken, that's chorrol, right?) in like 2008 when I was a teenager with a PS3

By the Nine Divines! Asshurt!

I have no idea what is going on

Someone's been murdered!

(Heil Hitler)

If I start playing again I will collect more gemstones and cover the table with them, I stole the majority of them.

I'm the OP as you can clearly see.
How is quoting Oblivion dialogue a joke? It just seems like spam. The stealth archer shit is straight from reddit though, what the fuck.

Filter by ID, this thread still has some hope.

Right.
Well anyways what kind of character should I make, operating under the assumption I will have Oblivion XP and OOO?
I would prefer something thief related, probably with alchemy as well for poisons. So, marksmen or something else?

hongfire.com/forum/forum/hentai-lair/hentai-game-discussion/390703-tes4-lovers-with-pk-aio-series

Drop mainquest, do the Isles.

God the main quest was so fucking shit
I'm currently playing Morrowind's main quest for the first time and it's so much better.
I mean, I don't like the whole chosen one thing that much, but being buddies with the chosen one is weird as shit too.

More like delivery boy for the chosen one.

Beautiful people
Increase the cap on custom spells
Continue to gain effects even if you boost attributes over 100
Deadly Reflex (kinda breaks combat balance, but so do the above 2 eventually)

Also the very ending confused me deeply.
He re-lights the dragonfires which protect against big baddy, then he dies.
Doesn't that unlight the dragonfires and thus make it all pointless?

Wait, over 100 attributes don't do anything in vanilla? So I can't boost my speed to 1500 and run from town to town faster than fast traveling?

What's going on with you?

The point was to kill Satan. Dragonfires were replaced by some other permanent bullshit against oblivion. Be glad that they dont make player gather materials and money for them.

OK so in the end you did cure Cyrodil of oblivion herpes at least. I thought it was totally pointless.

It really was. Everything went to shit regardless of your actions.

The check 'em one.

Fuck it, I'm reinstalling.

Dumping some old screenies.

That's about it.

Why did you post a picture of the laughing man?

Google oblivion

Dickship cums up

oh hey I had some others as well.

I have a big ass "modpack" (full installation) that I put up on MEGA for some other anons, here's the link if you're interested:

It should be standalone meaning you don't even need the original game, but I haven't tested this so I can't be sure. The general idea of the mods is mostly to make the game look more tolerable while fixing a ton of minor issues one might have with the game. It also makes Cyrodill into a jungle like it was originally described. There's a .txt file in the zip with more of a description but I have since deleted my Winblows 7 installation and the games on it so I don't feel like redownloading the whole thing just for this post.

And this is a pain in the ass to set up by the way, modding Oblivion fucking sucks and I don't even know why I did it because one I set it up I got bored after ~10 hours. Note that this means I haven't tested everything.

I did and it's almost done, currently at 394 mostly tested mods and about 20 more I'd like to test before putting in. Expect it to be finished Soon™

You forgot the link, anonymous.

Yea that looks pretty impressive I've actually never seen Oblivion look that good before. Don't forget the qt big titty mods and you've got a complete package.

just a link is all I ask to feed me kids

Intelligence only works for chemistry. Alchemy is for magic.

fug I forgot the link:
mega.nz/#!TIcEFLSI!inzXiqX2ZC3ezQFfBzyDc-GcqlY5zJ437cwXciZdomI

I technically have one lewd mod but it has underwear on and reasonable tiddies because I only wanted it for a cute dress. However you are free to install lewd mods on top of this.

I don't personally use lewd mods and I also didn't want to make the modpack useless for other anons who didn't want them either.

Thanks for doing this user.

That's great I'll check it out. I've been wanting to replay Oblivion lately and this should save me so much time on modding.

Neat, what gameplay mods does that have?

thanks man

Here's the most important ones:

embed related, I chose this over UV3 because UV3 is a buggy mess and most of the features it adds are useless bloat. The air launch and flash effect you'll see in the video should be disabled in this pack but I don't remember for sure. If you want it/don't want it there's a config ini in the data files.
It does many things but it mainly tries to de-level scale the game. Some people think it does this too harshly since the game wasn't built for no level scaling, but it actually scales the world more similar to how Skyrim/FO3 do it where there's still level scaling it's just a bit more hidden. You can't do everything from level 1 (such as clear Kvatch or other Oblivion gates) but you shouldn't run into enemies in the overworld that are blatantly overpowered, and you'll have no trouble starting out guild questlines or most random side quests that don't focus much on combat. Do those before attempting to something like the main quest or KotN/SI. If you stumble into random dungeons at a low level you'll probably die quickly too unless those dungeons are tied to stuff like low level guild quests.
This one might be a bit more controversial than the others and you're free to disable it, but I like it because it encourages you to make "builds" and to not just spam your skills over and over to raise them. I've modified the .ini quite a bit so that you only get XP from completing quests and Oblivion gates because I thought it was dumb that you have to do specific things to get XP which just starts the problem of encouraging the player to grind again (and only get killing blows). But everyone is going to be doing quests which is why I went for that.
Too many things to summarize, look here: nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/12466/?
ditto: nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/6359/?

It's because Holla Forums is filled with newfags who haven't actually played a game more than 10 years old

I laughed.

Very nice, I guess I'll be playing it in about 6 hours t-thanks mega.

Have you played through the entire thing yet? It sounds like you've taken care to make sure it's very stable.

I'll be honest on a serious note mister ID dubs. I have actually been playing Oblivion semi frequently on the xbox one, but I desperately want mods that remove potato face and add nudity.

No I haven't

I got pretty bored so I can't speak too much about how stable it is but out of the 10 hours I remember that it only crashed twice which is at least an improvement over vanilla Oblivion (at least for me). I tried some more unstable mods originally and uninstalled them, so I haven't taken no steps to make the game stable but don't expect it to be anywhere near perfect.

You can expect the OpenMW pack to be very stable though, no crashes and I'll actually be maintaining it with updates unlike this one.

OCOv2 removes potato face reasonably well (the two faces here: use it). Can't help you out much with nudity though as I never really got into that.

Thanks user, one final question, is this using this version of Oblivion XP nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/35333/? or the old one?

The modpack is actually 6.64 gigabytes so it looks like you'll have to download it in two intervals unless you upgrade.
If I ever make an updated version I'll remove the game files so instead of it being standalone you'd just drag the files on top. I didn't know that free MEGA users were limited at 5Gb.

It is that one.

It'll auto-resume once the timer is up, ran into the same thing downloading some of the bigger STALKER mods before, so no biggy.

Thanks again, normally I can spend a day or so creating a stable modpack for oblivion only to drop it after ~20 hours, so it'll be refreshing to just jump right in and be surprised for once.

After finishing the starting sewer (Fuck that thing, if I start a new game I'm getting an alt start. The vanilla one is so fucking shit.) I went into the ruins across from it, and then realized Oblivion XP wasn't working. An hour later with it working (use BOSS fyi) I continued on. Due to OOO the ghosts later on fucking rekt me, and I couldn't even scratch them, so I had to sneak around them (and the necromancer holed up deeper in) which was neat.
Getting a lot of nostalgia feels.

Man, Oblivion was fucking comfy. Skyrim didn't even have that going for it.

Oh and I forgot to mention to anyone downloading this. The game will crash on launch if you already have an oblivion.ini file, just delete it before launching and it'll make a new one. And yes this means I can't just give you mine but I'm almost certain that every single .esp should be enabled and that LOOT's sorting of them should work just fine.

This isn't actually from the mods or anything, it will happen with vanilla too.

Use something like megadownloader, you will be able to bypass the limit.

OOO is shit, just like this game. The only reason to play Oblivion is to assault NPCs and listen to their reactions.

Why not use sex mods as well in oblivion

Shit game.

You wanna expand on that, user?
From what I remenber, OOO fixes level scaling, which is pretty much a good enough reason to download it on it's own, but it also adds tons of more content, rebalancing and makes dungeons actually harder the more you progress and the farther they are from civilization.

Because they are terrible with horrible animations and it's all "be raped" fetish bullshit.
There's a few good ones, but they can kinda break the game very easily since you can rape your way to victory or some NPCs suddendly start fucking out of nowhere and now you can't talk with them.

They are still fun, but it's very understandable why he didn't include them in that pack, you can add whatever sick fetish you have on your own.

ONE FUCKING JOB

I wasn't referencing user's mod pack with that

The reasons still stand. Sex mods for Oblivion are not that well done, I unironically recommend Skyrim instead for that, or some Illusion game for the same amount of work to get it running for roughly the same quality.

Oblivion is best as a lite dungeon crawler. Sex mods can make it more fun, but they don't really increase the experience that much.

I won't defend the animations but you can certainly do more. Just a lot of it is based on engaging most fetishes through rape. Which makes sense. There's either consensual or forced, either are fine tbh.

Anyway, anybody got any questions about Oblivion lewd mods? I've been downloading this shit for years now. And I'm no better at understanding how Wrye Bash works

This thread is gold so I think I will help.

Off the top of my head:

My personal favorite is the one I can't even remember its name but it allows you to divide stacks of items so you don't pickup entire stacks of them at once. Trust me, simple shit like that isn't even in the game.

There's a site ran by old /vg/ that has a page for Oblivion modding. It's pretty decent IIRC the last time I used it I didn't see anything new but it's a good place to start for people who never got into Oblivion modding.

Pretty much every fetish has been done in Oblivion. It even had some decent animations towards the end, which to this day still beat Skyrim animations. I'll be fair and say that Bethesda intentionally fucked over skyrim modders when it comes to animations but other than that Oblivion is still the best fantasy sex simulator even though Skyrim looks better (when modded).

There's a mod that adds underwear as it's own slot called Undies Underneath.
It's pretty great since you can equip boxers or panties&bra and it doesn't show up but if you take off armor, it does show up.
It also runs a script that adds a pair of those to every NPC, so if you go around looting bodies, you'll leave people in underwear instead of just naked.

I mostly got it for immersive reasons since not using underwear under armor seems pretty stupid, but I do recall it had a few problems with Lovers Lab.
I don't think I ever could add those slots or that cloth as something to be unequipped when engaging in rigorous physical activity, neither did the NPCs.
Is there any way to make this work? Or a mod that does something similar, maybe with more clothing?

Also, when it comes to lewd stuff, I mostly know about Lovers Lab, which is decent especially with the amount of autism attention to detail they place in their mods. Is there any serious alternative to that, though? Sexlivion and similar seemed hacky works with half the quality of LL and that's bad enough already.

This is the site you're thinking of:
tesgeneral.com/

I've been killing to try out Skyrim lewd modding. I need a better rig first though.

You go into the settings and all that to remove all? I guess that's kinda beyond me because I never use UU. I usually just dress in armor that wouldn't need the mod. Try looking through some of the functions in LAPF and such and see if there's patches for UU in mind. I can swear there was some sort of compatibility mod. Don't quote me on that though.

If worst comes to worst set your underwear to a hotkey and toggle it when you're getting raped. If it's vice versa you could always look for a spell/mod that removes all clothing or something of a similar nature. I can't really tell you more without going through the old read me's and I'm pretty tired today.

No sadly. There's the occasional jap site full of them but otherwise it's mainly just LL and NM. Both of which are pretty pozzed. The uploader to MonsterGirls was removed for wanting Loli content despite the said uploader having some hardcore gore in it. If you really are desperate check out the individual modders blogs/dump page. Those pages might lead you to others and so on. But expect half finished content and several CTD's if you try to run any of that shit.

bump

Do all this shit.
Use Roberts body for male and female.

It's a long thread, but ctrl+f should help

fuck's sake

Does it need the res?

>>>/tes/2137

You call that autism? I decorate my whole house with plates, candles, other decorations all while finding places for my gear.

NMM is complete garbage. Use Mod Organizer and/or Wrye Bash. Oblivion Mod Manager would also work.

I really like casing a place then robbing it. Wish it was more fleshed out though.

Just play the German total conversion mod. That was far more fun than oblivion ever was.

I thought oblivion was really comfy I know morrowind is superior but oblivion has nice aesthetics can anyone recommend me a game similar to oblivion but isnt "shit"?

I did this is morrowind. I had mods that let me rotate books, learned to use the console to edit the building I took over, The clothier in caldera, and even got furniture crafting and placement mods to make the most packed and comfy house ever. It had all the rare and wonderful things on display, soul gems of all the monsters, potions, food, the finest of plates and utensils, and then a small display case with almalexia's soul trapped in Azura's soul stone. Fuck that cunt.

Nehrim

Nothing decorative, but I liked to collect Ordinator helmets in Morrowind, then place my entire collection at Vivec's feet. Keep in mind (Vivec's) Ordinators get mad and attack if they see you wearing any Ordinator armor because they think you killed one of their comrades for it.

>not lemon lime

If you know how to do it you can get it set up in less than 20 minutes really. Just learn Wrye Bash and read the read me's.

Last time I played oblivion it took over a week to get it modded the way I wanted it. Then I ended up with some kind of creeping instability that made the game unplayable after around 20 hours.

I'm sure most of that week was looking for the actual mods. Seriously if you have all the stuff you need it's really not that hard. I could get my 150+ mods to work in less than 2 hours if I wanted.

That and reinstalling everything 30 times to get it just right.

This thread made me pretty depressed

Learn how to load order. How are you fucking up this bad?

Load order was fine, had BOSS for that

What are you installing then? Hope you're using Wrye Bash like a sane individual. Make sure you're not overwriting necessary files.

For a bashed patch at least. I think I used OBMM for most of my installs, Wrye is a pain to use for that.

Wrye is simpler to use. And never have OBMM and Wrye open at the same time unless you want a crash on either. Personally I'de just dump OBMM entirely unless it's absolutely necessary to use. It's better to have everything on a single loader.

see

just get mod that discounts the 1-5 system for +stats on level-up and just gives +5 to all stats per level-up it's like 3kb on nexus. it makes it so you don't have to focus on grinding stats and can just play the game for fun.

Or you can get oblivion XP

Or nGCD or Realistic Leveling.
Those mods are kind of a bitch to work with sometimes since the way they change atributes based on your skills makes them incompatible with some stuff, but it's a much, much better way of playing the game.

Oblivion XP looked like a good aproach to the game since it also gave you XP for finding locations and performing a bunch of neat actions so it's not just about killing mobs all day.

I liked the FPS combat movements for oblivion more so then the other TES games

OpenMW dark messiah combat mod when?
Wish it'd stop takin forever for the co-op mod to be finished also. I have nothing else to look forward to.

Poor soul.

If you mean the game was unstable after playing 20 hours straight then that's actually very stable for even most games. Hell, games with this many entities and scripts running concurrently don't usualy last more than 5 hours without running into errors.

Please don't share wishful ideas for what could be amazing games. It hurts knowing how bad the potential of gaming is squandered.

meant to link
Don't know how the last number got cutoff.

OpenMW has multiplayer by default.

My last setup lasted 90 minutes before it CTD and forced me to restart it. And it only took 3 days to achieve because I was already very experienced with the modding tools I was using.
It was one of my best modpacks.

I played Skyrim expecting a political game with a living economy based on the mines, farms and lumberyards on the world, caravans trading those goods, armies taking forts and you could take part in that by direct confrontation or sneaky sabotage, with the war going back and forwards according to how well you did.

Instead it was all cosmetic background locations, the only trading caravans are Khajiit in nordic lands of all races, the Moot is the only thing resembling politics and the civil war is:
Lbl 1
fetch quest in draugr dungeon
assault fort
fight waves of enemies
assault city
fight waves of enemis
goto 1

By Azura, I went in that game expecting actual Dragon Riding. There is no language that can accurately describe how much it hurts to play that game and know what it could have been.

Oblivion may have been shit in a lot of respects, but it still had some heart left in it
It was a simpler, more peaceful time back then, and it just seems so long ago now

You're a fucking idiot if you went in expecting all that. I remember late '11 half/v/ and it was clearly the dominant opinion (and mine as well) that it would be pretty much what it was.

It does? I've seen videos of it on youtube and it looks pretty unfinished, such as NPCs not attacking and just standing there.

It was what it looked like it was gonna be, though.
The main quest was obviously the doomsday dragon, so if the civil war was to be played out with the importance it was given, it would require having all those details to make it interesting at all.

It wasn't that bd in '11 but it was still Holla Forums, the board that makes wide generalizations about games even before they are released and then may or may not hit the mark.
There's a few anons that actually know what they are talking about and it's good to read their shit, but going by the majority instead or at all is fucking retarded.

I know in my heart that a lot of them were joking but I still know there was at least one braindead nigger that genuinely couldn't figure that shit out.

Not really. The only real game I recall Holla Forums being generally wrong about in their pre-launch consensus was Brink. God knows why people thought it would be good.

But yeah, it did not look at all like it was going to be as you described it, and if you think so I'm sorry but you might be mentally deficient.

Yeah. Holla Forums was really headed to shit in '11.

It still hurts

Why? What about it looked good? I was always amazed at Brink threads, it was so bizarre seeing people excited for it.
I was too young for spore

It was supposed to be a sweet parkour shooter, man
Like titanfall but with less mechs and more mirror's edge
It also had an interesting world and aesthetic
All of that went right down the fucking garbage

This is the world we live in now.

Titanfall 2 comes to mind too. It was all "this is gonna be a terrible game" and turns out it wasn't that bad.
Guild Wars 2 also was looking pretty good until it was actually released.

And if nothing else comes, it's because nothing else but absolute shit is discussed. I guess Holla Forums gave up and just goes for low hanging fruit.

Oh, right, this too. Spore was lauded as a pretty great game, one of the best to be released.
Turns out it was… Well… Spore.

I'm 22

I'm 22 and I played spore around the time it came out.
Fuck.

Why is everybody 22
Why am I 22

Late '94 early '95 must have been a good year to fuck

because Holla Forums really IS one person
:^)
;_;

You're off by like a year user
If someone's 22 now, then at the very latest they were born today in '95, meaning they were conceived in early-mid '94

I'm not 22 anymore

Right, I forgot later birthdays were a thing since mine already happened this year.

We all have to die someday
Friendly reminder that the reflexes start to degrade at around 27 and you'll never be as good at vidya again
And then maybe later on you'll eventually go blind, or deaf, or lose the ability to use your hands
Hell, you might even lose your memory, then you wouldn't even really be you anymore, just some old dude experiencing life anew from moment to moment

What's that thing people always say
You spend your life waiting for your real life to start, then one day you wake up old and tired and say, "oh, that was my real life"

To quote Discworld's Death:

Best mod that shit to oblivion

I took a long fucker of a detour when I played oblivion and faffed about getting a nice house and a waifu — then I grew so bored of the mindnumbingly repetetive combat I put a speed enchant on my boots and just ran through the entire main quest without killing more than a handful of enemies, finishing the game in under an hour.

I don't like this.

What do you think if you took the alchemy system as it is, but made it so that food and stuff needed to be combined or processed into an actual reagent? Mixing with acid, crushing a diamond, etc., THEN throwing it into the potion

The point of those different alchemy apparatuses like alembics you had on the previous games were to simulate that I believe.

They're in Oblivion and more or less the same as in Morrowind.

Fuck you for making this thread OP.

I feel compelled again to spend 10 hours modding this piece of trash game under the delusion that I will have a good game in the end.
Of course, as happens every time I will end up with a buggy piece of horseshit that crashes every twenty minutes and runs at an average of 20 fps. Maybe what I create will be great, but I will never know.

Fuck all of those "modding guides". I have meticulously followed the most recommended ones yet all I ever end up with is a piece of gold covered in shit, scratched all over and which falls apart at the slightest touch.

Do people enjoy playing the game in this state? Do people not care about the constant crashing, low fps and the often game breaking bugs? Or is everyone else playing this game modded in a perfectly stable state and I'm just a frustrated retard?

It's normal. Modding (modern) TES/FO games is only ever a case of polishing the turd. You can either exercise some restraint and only try to mitigate the big issues, or you can mod everything and make it even more unstable than it is normally. In any case you will never stop it from being a Skinner Box-esque blandly satisfying timesink because that's what these games are at a fundamental level and as far as I know there are no good mods that go far enough as to change that.

I can't deal with the archive invalidation garbage and all the autism required to get everything working correctly with load orders and whatnot. I modded FO:NV through the Nexus Mod Manager tool and that worked very well! Perhaps it works for oblivion as well.

I think the better choice is to wait until Skyblivion is completed. The combat is slightly better in the Skyrim engine. Still garbage, but at least it's better.

Skywind isn't ever going to be completed, what makes you think Skyblivion will ever get finished?

Either download the modpack or wait for the TR people to move onto Cyrodill in 20 years.

Check the new videos. A lot of progress has been done lately because they've recruited a lot of new team members.

You guys really make this sound a lot harder than it is. Read the read me's and follow the instructions and for god sake use Wrye Bash. If you're getting a CTD every 20 minutes you need to figure out what's doing it. Likely you probably uninstalled something wrong and now something is corrupted and you have to load back an older save.

Could also be due to use of quicksaves/autosaves which corrupt more frequently when mods are involved and the volume of data is higher. I've had saves become irreparably unplayable within 6 hours due to quicksaving.

You're not from here. NMM is a tool that works shit and is just another botnet.

You do know they only shows cells separtly because Skywind doesnt ran at all if it tries to load more. They also cut off help from random people, its gonna collapses.

Plus its still Skyrim on a different map, the gameplay will be ex termly shit.

It doesn't matter how many artists they have, they're going for full voice acting which will break half the quests and sound awful to boot. They will also never get the magic system working properly.

The only good that will come from Skywind is when they give up and release the assets we can just port them to OpenMW. I guarantee that OpenMW will have dehardcoded combat mechanics before Skywind is ever "finished"

This.

It aint done yet but the plan is it to have it working like you're just sharing one world or save game. It does work better than any mod ive tried so far.

I usually just open console and type "save word". "Word" can be anything. Saves the game without having to go through the pause menu. I really should delete my older saves though. 500+ is starting to slow me down hard.

I used every tool that was recommended. Wrye Bash, Oblivion Mod Manager, LOOT, and whatever the rest of them were.
I doubt it was a save issue. On my attempts I normally would go through a few New Games just to test things out. Not all the issues can be caught though, some will crop up once you've gotten a little bit into the game.

I think the issue was just using too many mods. But others do it and I was following guides in which it was done so either they considered that "stable" or I end up messing up somewhere. I wish someone could just make a ready to play modded game.
Of course that would never satisfy me because it wouldn't have exactly what I want.

No that's TES3MP, a fork of OpenMW which will only get merged into the main branch after OpenMW hits 1.0

Don't use it ever unless you have to. Of my mods I only use about 4 of them for OBMM because the uploaded was to retarded to put them in another file format. If you're able to, move all of the shit you have onto Wrye Bash. You really don't want mods running off of different loaders. It creates hard to solve issues. And I have over 200 mods currently installed. Check your load order and don't rely on LOOT. Rely on the community. If you're using anything from LL they have a master load order list containing almost every one of their mods.

Keep in mind you're going to experience bugs no matter what once you pass a threshold. At that point your choices are to fix them manually or uninstall them.

Nice teamwork, fellas.

Nigger. This shit is so goddamn easy to use.

I use it primarily user. I mean I don't actually understand it past a certain point.

What's that point?

Basically all I can do is install the mods, order my load order and build a bashed patch if I want to. I don't need explaining on any of it, I just never tried to learn since I figure there's no need if I can make the game work well enough either way.

That's all you particularly need to know. There's states and back up files I suppose. I've found just a little of TESEdit4 will help a lot mod stability if you redact a couple sloppy edits to references.

Bumping. If I can I'll try and get my old Oblivion modded running again to post some lewds, god damn it's been a while

Also anybody know the best source to learning how to edit/change meshes? I'm inexperienced as fuck but I need to make a few changes to some races so they fit my autistic desires more closely.