Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Valentione Edition

Try the game for free for 14 days! (lvl [email protected]/* */) - ffxiv-freetrial.com/us/

Current Patch notes: version 3.51
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

Useful resources:
List of Commands (used for macros) - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/win/text_command/
Gamer Escape - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/
Garland Tools Database - garlandtools.org/db/
XIV Database (It's good now)- xivdb.com/
FF logs - fflogs.com/
DPS and such tracker (but don't tell anyone you're using it or you'll get banned) - advancedcombattracker.com/
Ariyala (gear build simulator/hunt-&lighttracker) - ffxiv.ariyala.com/HuntTracker/Exodus
Mithrie's guides - youtube.com/watch?v=nFn3SxUnR_c&index=1&list=PLbE_CU9Jt_uc0MAfIOY8JqtN5PyPO83Q5
Player Population Information - ffxivcensus.com/

1. Do all of your Main Story Quests - REQUIRED TO GET HEAVENSWARD AREAS/JOBS
2. Do all of your class quests and get yourself a job, IRL you damn NEET - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Jobs
3. Attune to Chocobo Porters, Aetherytes & Aether currents ASAP - it will save you a lot of time & effort
4. Unlock your challenge log, gives great exp and some gil - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Rising_to_the_Challenge
5. Do your daily roulettes - all of them are great until 60, especially guildhests, which is great until around 40-50
7. Cooking has an amazing crossclass skill at 37 you need to get for crafters.
8. Hit Tab to [I seem to have misplaced my keyboard]

Get yourself in a FC for the bonuses they give.
Report all FC drama on sight for derailment. It will not be tolerated.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/dJjzsnD
pastebin.com/9LmZrGkd
store.na.square-enix.com/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn
twitch.tv/mrangry0805
fflogs.com/statistics/13/#sample=7&dataset=95&aggregate=amount
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What the shit? I was pretty sure the thread wasn't halfway done yesterday night, what happened?
[email protected]/* */ best bois

XIV Discord:
discord.gg/dJjzsnD

Catboys are generic and boring – Hyur

I still have the old thread in another tab and its currently at 164 replies and its been deleted. I have no idea why i dont think it was even close to page 13.

Reminder that this is where you go to join the FCs, since whoever keeps making the thread refuses to use the updated OP

brrr

I just copy pasted the OP from the last one, What updated OP?

There isn't one. People keep bringing up how there was this other OP that had a shitload of information in it but nobody ever posts it in the thread so it can be added.

Can I have all of them?

pastebin.com/9LmZrGkd this is the latest OP

I've just ordered Felbot killed. Now may I have all three of them?

you cant kill me I got hallowed ground.

Well, this officially went to /vg/ hell.
Just nuke this thread already.

kill jester

Wanna know how I know the same autist pretending he's a potato itt mass reported the old thread by some bogus reason?

Updated my ass. This has less actual information in it than the current OP.
Also:
That's the real reason you people bitch about the OP not being "updated".

you mean qojon the cuckchanner?

Well a Paladin sure as shit isn't gonna kill me. I'll just wait 10 seconds
I'll take them as soon as possible

Oh shit mods actually did their job, this thread may still be salvaged then.
Let's take the chance to bitch about FUCKING POTD
FUCKING HATE POTD SO MUCH

POTD is AIDS, I'll take the 30 minute dungeon queues every time.

Can you explain to me how the actual up-to-date OP in the pastebin has any drama fuel whatsoever? Or are you just trying to shit-stir like always.

Are you okay? Do you have brain damage?

It's like they're putting effort into being absolute trash.

user, please. Can we have one thread without any racial slurs? Please try to understand.

Ok, great. We will send her a linkpearl notification of your request. Please allow 1-2 days of rest for your selection.

The pastebin lacks the ffxivcensus link which people can use to check server population numbers and make informed decisions about where they want to make their character. Why leave that out? that's a rhetorical question, everybody knows why
It also has pointless bullshit about referrals, which nobody uses anymore. Everything else is exactly the same otherwise.
So again, updated my ass.

why?

Because it was never in any of the OPs before and nobody's ever once brought it up?
Free welfare i230 gear, a hat that gives you an EXP boost and works on crafters, and free atherite teleporting isn't pointless you mong, plus the recruiter gets a free 2-seater mount to help their recruitee grab their aether currents way faster
also bear in mind the OP in that pastebin has been sitting around for a month but people kept sniping the thread with that shitty old one
But yeah, keep bullshitting

Gentlemen, there's no need to fret if you're not satisfied with your last appointment. Please contact our staff in Ul'dah and we will go out of our way to make it right.

user please, can we have one thread without avatarfagging ? Please try to understand.

You speak in strange tongues, user.

The only thing that needs to be understood is that you belong in a fucking oven.

Shame there's no such thing as a pure miqo'te

Again, cleaning duties are reserved for the lesser races, such as these…

Potatoes are the lesser race. Literally and metaphorically.

How the fuck do you maintain enmity as early MRD? I'm pulling everything with tomahawk and spamming overpower but still see even the fucking healer ripping mobs right out of me

~O hohoho! You poor deluded soul.

Meanwhile, the other races face extinction from rogue factions of wildlife, commune with trees, and live as brigands.

The ones begging for scraps in front of Ul'dah can be quite annoying.

How early are we talking? Low level tanking is fucking suffering. Your best bet is to level Gladiator to 8 for Flash and cross-class that.

Overpower doesn't actually give enmity m80.

Yeah, Flash will be very useful for you until you hit 30 and become a WAR

Sorry, hit post early. You'll need to level GLD to at least 15 to become a WAR regardless, but it's mandatory to take it up to 22 at some point for Provoke. Provoke is flat out required for endgame tanking due to tank swap mechanics. Sage for doublepost.

Lala girls are sluts for Roe dicks tbh

What the fuck does it do then?

nigger i swear you just said something fucking retarded

It hits things in a cone and causes them to become upset at you.

What a surprise

This is the nightmare I have yet, and want, to see in person.

nigger i swear you're doing this on purpose at this point

>this gives enmity
Next you're going to tell me not to pull with provoke. How am I supposed to do tank swaps if I don't pull it from the other tank with provoke.
3rd pic is me kissing you on the forehead for being a baka
also the hand holding for tender love because it's tender love day

How is that a positive at all?

Trust me, it's true horror. Nothing quite like tanking as a NIN because the PLD just can't keep enmity up on one target, let alone multiple.
Hell on earth, I tell you. I'm thankful the WHM was competent at her job.

That reminds me I just had a potd run where some shit NIN kept talking shit because I was on floor 80 still as MRD and then he kept dying to the dumbest shit while I tanked everything smoothly without even having provoke then we wiped at the boss because none of the fucking idiots knew how the bombs worked

y'oull cowards don't even have the lonely adventurer title from potd

Is it from deathless 1-100 fixed or are deaths allowed?

just spam 51-60, much easier and safer

just spam 51-60, much easier and safer

It's doing 1-100 solo. Dying is not really an option you're alone so it instantly ends.

So how's the new primal?

What new primal?

Oops, I should've said trial, Zervan or something.

Zurvan. It's really fun but it's also a nightmare to find decent parties for because this one REALLY makes everyone's inner shitter come out

So about those maids…

They're some real lookers, eh boys?

Guess I fucked up by waiting to resub in the middle of the patch. Probably won't even bother since nearly everyone I know has quit most likely.

Nah

You don't know what you're missing out on sonny, boy.

And no, I'm totally not that guy from earlier

Anyone's acct ever get hijacked and go through the bullshit of getting it back and know how long it usually takes?

ALA MHIGGERS ARE NOTHING MORE THAN BEASTKIN
I WILL PERSONALLY SEE TO IT THAT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM IS PUNTED OVER VAN BAELSAR'S WALL!

Resub in 3.55 when we get the pre-storm's blood cliffhanger

I've never wanted to purge an avatarfag so much before.
Open world pvp when Yoshi?

Dunno about open world but a pvp overhaul is sorely needed cause this shit is just BAD

Hey now, unlike Ala Mhiggers, there are good Beastkin.

You're right. I'd welcome a poor Kobold into my home over AN ALA MHIGGER any day.

don't remind me of that little kobold kid he had more impact than 95% of the main cast

Atmospheric as fuck, my only regret is that they didn't force you to do the EX fight instead and synced

Does cleric stance affect Asylum?

fucking christ.

Reminder that doing this is a bad idea and will physically harm you.
You haven't experienced true disgust until you've seen an i270 BLM doing 96 DPS in Dun Scaith.
and then he gets the pet
I really wish SE would implement a bare minimum personal DPS check that if not met silently reduces your roll on pets/mounts by 90

My latest rustle is all the fucking MCH's with kinna using the LB on fucking trash packs right before a boss like ilberd. Fucking trash player more like.

But on the plus side my retainer brought back book of diamonds from a venture, shit looks rad.

I'm a tank main so I love all the MCHs spamming knockbacks and making trash mobs way more irritating than necessary and then I let them die

legit reason to votekick people

No thats not what i mean
misses

I know what you meant, I'm just saying I hate MCHs too, just for a different reason

kek, healer yelling at drg for dying to floor mats

How else is he gonna tank the floor?

lel, exactly

Anyway, I feel like MCH are slowly catching up to DRG in shitter miles. I've been seeing more and more of them. I've been thinking of trying it because even though I love tanking, MCH is just a lot more sought after in raids it seems.

I dont think this is healthy for my blood pressure

This is why it's best to BE the healer in potd, that way you can undo most fuckups by yourself

end of expansion means people are gonna start leveling classes they dont normally play, mch is one of those classes that a lot of people avoided because at the start of the expansion they where kind of garbage

also they are like DRG in the sense they have a INSANELY HIGH NUMBER OF BUTTONS TO PUSH TO DO ACCEPTABLE DPS HOLY FUCK 25 BUTTON OPENER

the heavensward shitter class is DRK, this isnt people who play DRK are shitters its most shitters will pick DRK purely due to class fantasy, obviously despite being a shitter magnet DRK is still a perfectly good class from a utility and mechanical point of view

warrior a best

Hope you're all having a good Valentine's day!

I don't even have a proper reaction image for shit like this. So many people just don't look away. You'd think they'd learn.

no i was studying for an exam

post cats to cheer me up

HOW. tell me your worst stories because i dont know how you can fuck this up

After long consideration I decided PLD is my favorite tank and I'm maining this baby now, how fucked am I if I want to play with anything outside pugs?

I'll just greentext you the usual memes I see at potd
and the worst of all

Oh this day couldn't get any better for me.

Also if no one has checked, i just got my early access codes this afternoon

Post smug C@

smug, you say?

No one will care aside from the most autistic of speedclears who lose GBP after throwing a tantrum because the run took 40 seconds longer.

Had a tank that insisted on tanking her with his back to wall and never moving. A black mage that never moved or looked away and I think a white mage who, you guessed it, did the same. The BLM was constantly slacking and pulling groups that didn't need to be pulled on the way to the boss and of course no one else wanted to kick them because they're lazy shits.

how did i know it was going to include a MUH DEEPS CIRCLE black mage. i mean goddamn. i see more of these fuckers than MUH STACKS monks anymore

now this is catposting i can get behind

THATS A 50 DKP MINUS

Would've been great if they were one of those. I think they tried casting about three or four times before we all died.

holy shit its worse than i thought

Worst I've ever had would be wiping on 197/200, though.

There is literally not a single situation where doing this is useful unless your party is criminally retarded and somehow rack up 10000 enmity before you can even move

B-but they have to secure the green/blue add in Bis EX! I wish I was lying but I've seen this happen in a few farm parties and I'm glad I never have to run that again. Man, it's suddenly getting hard to want to go back to Levi.

seriously, 100% of people who claim to open with provoke simply don't know what provoke actually does at all

there is one time where its ok to open with provoke
in some ARR dungeon there's a pack of mobs that's behind a wall and targetable, but cant be attacked with tomahawk
provoking one of them causes the entire pack to go for a marathon journey around the map to get to you

admittedly the game does very little to explain exactly how provoke and enmity work

tbh provoke is only usefull when you drop aggro on one mob in a dungeon by accident or if you're juggling tanks during a trial.

I completely agree. I started leveling DRK but I've played both PLD and WAR to almost 60 so I pretty much know what I'm doing. Man, I love stance dancing.

Got mine as well. Do we have to wait for a patch to actually get the items? Mine weren't in my mailbox

How do you do fellow Eorzeans?

How do you do, fellow Eorzeans.

Oi lads how do i level up gathering jobs without having to grind for fucking hundreds of shits? That makes me suicidial as fuck and i need some materials not being sold anywhere else.

I try not to.

just give up, crafting and gathering is nonsense anyway

Nigga i don't want to be a gatherer, i just took it because crafting jobs are memes and it forces me to either buy shits from the market on higher level recipes or gather it myself

I don't wanna pay for shit that i can make myself that costs cheaper and with the possibility of it being high quality

MUH STACKS

I've been led to believe that making anything worth a damn HQ requires level 60 omnicraft. In the time + financial investment it would take to do that I would've just made money with no cost other than repairs. I'll then just buy whatever HQ I want of the market boards while all the autistic crafters undercut eachother every 10minutes until all they reap is a 10gil profit.

Just my 2cents on crafting.

look at this man and laugh at him

Pic is what i'm trying to avoid, for example

Dubs confirm i have to laugh
HAHAHAHAHAHAA

Reminder being an autistic edgelord weeb is perfectly acceptable and even expected if you main NIN or DRK

I'm a drk and I'm neither
But yeah most drk are shitters because it's a meme job. Also, I would replace NIN with MCH

DRK is not a meme job, it just has a meme aesthetic that attracts all the wrong people

warrior still best

Is there any official word on what content are we getting for March patch?

main story quest, new pvp stuff, zhoe aliopes wondrous tails for crafting and gathering, new trials and the start of the Omega Weapon storyline.

Gibe source pls

Go look at the fan fest stuff on any site the list is pretty big. The "OMEGA: Beyond time" is really the only thing im interested in enough to remember.

And I ran into that issue of 4 tanks for the next three visits to Edda's room.

And is there a telling sign if a chest is trapped or mimic?

4tank runs are the most autistic shit
I had a fucking 4 PLD run once and nearly ran down the timer since we took forever to kill anything

fucking low test beta aggro contests are mental.

trust me, i main MNK, i actually really hate it so much, im just trying to blend in with the assholes

yeah, the items and access dont come out till closer to the release of SB. so june, i think

You poor soul, I hate playing PLD, mainly after using it instead of WAR to go through the main storyline.

Have yet to encounter that, I tend to forget both oath's in potd, though when I ran drk i had many tell me to drop grit and go dps skill to speed through the dungeon.

why is famfrit such a shit server

Which one is the stand?

the garuda-egi of course.

But isn't that how it's supposed to be? PotD isn't that hard and if anyone takes too much damage then they're
SHIT

That's the point, everyone on potd is shit

That speeds up the dungeon you literal nog. If they pull all three and burn them down quickly then that would be a gain over a ninja lbing the boss at 5% like all you shitters like to do.

that 5% was more damage than he would do to him.

>this would be easier if this ninja tried to play a bit less like a bot

Sometimes I get so confused. People prefer wiping in the hugbox where everyone is good and trying their best!! over calling shitters out and making them actually learn something.

store.na.square-enix.com/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn

Game is on sale both on steam and the square store. If you've been holding back because you're a broke ass nigga now is the time to pick up the game and the exp pack for 20 bucks. 9.99 each if you already have the base game or just wanna buy the game by itself.

At least you just got kicked and not reported for "harassment" and then grabbed by a GM soon after and chucked into jail for a day, like it happened to me the other day

Like I give a fuck, I get instant queues and that dumbass and his shit "I don't attack, that's not my job" healer probably ended up stuck waiting for a good while. I feel bad for that monk, though.

Fuck every single one of those shitters.

lol nope, I assure you he was on a dungeon 10 seconds after finishing this one

IM TRIGGERED

Fuck I had the exact same issue on the exact same fight the other day. Healers who refuse to DPS in the face of multiple wipes need to extinguished.

Is that a thing in wow? I've never seen a healer that never attacked in any other mmo that I've played. Healers had nukes back in city of heroes/villains and the super hero mmos that followed. Healers got their dps nerfed in Age of Conan after they were putting shitters to shame.

WoW is the ur-normalfag game. The healers deal with moba level rotations.

I rarely ever saw it before but now that the duty finder is multiple servers I've been getting it a bunch recently and just real shit in general. I guess I'm on a server with decent people.

I've fixed it since then I think.

I haven't healed since Karazhan so I couldn't tell you. It's just this retarded mentally people get when they pick a class and do the one thing they they're supposed to do. I know someone who refuses to go into dps stance ever while tanking, and it makes me wonder how he's so into raiding when he's not very flexible.

If I, a tank, see a healer is not dpsing I stop giving a fuck about cooldowns and drop the tank stance after the first enmity combo

I'm that summoner who refuses to rez people. If someone dies in 99% of the cases it means he failed a mechanic so in my mind he does not deserve to get rid of his bonus tag based on the fact he does not know the fight for the full 100%. The no bonus runs have enough terrible players wasting everyone else their time as it is.
Only in savage though in anything else I'm kind and accepting of casuals..

You are the cancer of PF

i do that too and they still manage to not heal me enough

impressed no one replied to this with just "Sloppeee"

At least they hit the friggin mobs. I had a BLM attempt to LB a pull of 2 mobs. But they just ran out of range and he wasted it on FUCKING NOTHING!.

Does it matter what do I put my anima umbrite points on? For a NIN wep specifically

crit and det 5 ss

I want xivg/qojon to leave

anti-lalites disgust me

You just have to complete FATEs for crystal drops, right? Or do you have to get gold rating on them? I'm pretty sure where you place doesn't fucking matter as long as you end up getting credit for a successful completion.

You don't need gold, just a completion.
People are fucking stupid

Which Karazhan :^)

i want to fuck khloe

Hey guys, guess the job of this player

Is this obvious or something we wouldn't expect?
If it's obvious then it's a floor tanking DRG.
If it's not obvious then I'm gonna guess it's a MCH.

He was a master floor tanker, tanked it hard.

Fucking filtered

For the makai titles does the one you're using have to match the class your using to count?

Nope any of them works regardless of class

Problematic/10

Fuck

Nidhogg EX is still the best fight solely because of the music transitions, prove me wrong

aww look at that, the most cancerous of races trying to pretend it's an only slightly less cancerous race

So did you enjoy Legion? :^)

Smug Tornado pls

He said smug, not butterface [email protected]/* */

Never played it, and I didn't want to be reminded that it was a thing.

Could be worse. Could be elf.

How do I know if someone has been permanently banned?

If the person is saying nigger in /say chat then he might be permabanned

Fuck this is so much faster than 2.0 and since when the fuck does the first guildhest give over a thousand fucking gil?

wow that shadowcourt miniboss on dun scaith has huge melons

I'm alright with that because melee never fucking remember to do their LB until the boss is low enough to die to a fucking auto attack anyways.

Jesus Christ, I don't know how hard it was to make a cat that damn ugly, but congratulations are in order.

Fucking cucks banned me from the discord!

#REKT

poor choice of hair colour with the skin tone, should really reconsider the lipstick too
despite what people say, unless you have picked some batshit retarded permanent face and skin options(such as horrifically dark/pale skin and heterochromia), there really isnt an ugly female miqo'te or hyur in this game, just a spectrum of "basic bitch to "special snowflake"
elezen have fucked up proportions so you have to design them in such a way where the proportions look "appropriate", Aura are fucked up by the fact horns are locked to face type, otherwise they would be high tier semen demons, highlander hyurs are ok but i see more really shitty highlanders then normal or good looking ones, should point out though they have the face and hairstyles to make an EXTREMELY FRENCH LOOKING GIRL HONHONHONHON, Roes are the same as highlanders except no french girl styles and nearly all of them are just fuck ugly or extremely average looking

which one of these screencaps looks better? the /gpose function has adjustable DoF but it doesn't really adjust or work the way i want it

Did they specify exactly what the umbrite step nerd next patch entails?

Nerf I mean

they will either nerf the actual umbrite cost, add it to the GC/poetic vendors, reduce the number of umbrite you need or all of the above

frankly umbrite are too fucking expensive considering how low tier the weapon you get out of it is at this stage of the game

Nope, i expect 300 cost down to 100 or gc vendors.

Maahes is a pain in the god damned ass for a level 50 A-Rank.

DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY

Franfurt tomorrow, final job reveal.

I think it might be samurai, but like Ridley i hope it isn't just for the tears.

Yoshi will never betray his autistic trinity
RED MAGE DPS
SAMURAI TANK
DANCER HEALER

They already said adding and balancing three jobs was miserable. I'd rather they stick to two and just make them good as fuck. Also I hope they don't ruin everything with the combat update.

Did they already say that dancer was a healer?

Why do you think he made the anima quests like they are?
3 WHOLE JOBS TO LEVEL TO 70 WITH AN EVEN WORSE EXP CURVE THAN 50-60
3 MORE RELIC QUESTS TO DO
3 MORE JOBS TO GEAR WITH TOKENS COLLECTED FROM WEEK-LOCKED TRIALS

No he said doing ninja then another 3 jobs was painful so no more in between expac jobs like nin.
So 3 jobs is on the plate

Man i wish, he is only guy beyond kojima capable of a good solid use cruise at this point because he can get away with anything after redeeming the brand from the decade of lightning.

No, no. You stay in tank stance and just spam flash, no matter what tank you're on. You're the tank, after all. It's your job to hold hate and nothing else. All those DPS skills are for soloing.

Samurai tank will trigger me because the job has always been a dps role in the games.

Ebin.

Yoshi please my man you always do this when I already did most of the work.

I never liked FF11 so I never played it, but everything up to 11 it was a damage job. I think ff5 was when sam was first introduced.

I'm pretty happy about he fact that I beat all the extreme primals except Ramuh synched. I did that fight unsynch because I just couldn't find a group who know what it was doing. In one, lvl. 52 drk didn't have provoke, the other ones were full of dps who didn't know mechanics. Anyway, the fights were fun as hell actually, I wish I had gotten a weapon or two though.

Ramuh was my first extreme and I did absolutely no research thinking it was like just like every other fight and had like a a mechanic or 2. Everyone kept screaming at me and telling me what to do and I did it. After the thing failed I read the strategy and realized everyone else was just as stupid and didn't know what the fuck they were talking about.

To be honest, I've become pretty pissed at dps players in general after doing all these fights.90% of the time, wipes were caused by their lack of mechanics knowledge or floor tanking. Then, there were several incompetent tanks who didn't have provoke, for example, or didn't know how to tank the fight. And there was an occasional healer who didn't have swiftcast. But as I said, in the vast majority of cases dps was fucking up.

But what is stopping anyone from pressing need when the million dollar item drops?

blacklisting. unlike WoW server rep is still a thing in XIV. like 'the dweebz' a pedo lala only fc. everyone knows and avoids them.

If you joined a map party that wasn't FFA inside polis, then you already fucked up

16 HOURS FOR FRANKFURT FAGFEST

Time for [email protected]/* */ then? :^)

You stupid nigger. Samurai didnt tank for shit in 11. Ninja ended up being the tank and samurai was pushed off to a dps role.

I'm so sorry

y'all better be saving me info in these threads. im going to be plowing through it once i get off work

MAKE YOUR LAST MINUTE PREDICTIONS

because every fucking thing they get is usually a musketeer/flambouyant shit folks dye red to look like one already.

FUCK ME if you end up giving me only one line again you loli bitch i will SKIN YOU FOR BOOTS

If Blue Mage, Tank.
If Samurai, DPS.

Here's how it'll go
>Bigger and deeper hot springs to swim in for Stormblood expansion

Holy shit

Yeah the summon dragonet is something i expect, and Summoners getting a dreadwyrm style spell for ravana which is alisaes sword skill.

What else do you think they will do the combat system other then pruning skills and reworking crossclass? I'm sure they said they were doing more then that at last fanfest.

Not gonna happen ever, MUH TRINITY always comes first
dancer healer is getting in and it will be a melee DoW healer with a big focus on stat buff abilties

SAMfags are truly worse than Ridleyfags.

I'm hoping for some big balance reworks cause there's some shit that's just BAD currently
And reduce the GCD to 2 secs base pls, I get why we have a GCD but it really doesn't need to be 2.5 secs at all

But I'm a bluefag

but they are here in this thread wanting to mamoru their waifus with no laifus

my predictions
-DRG summons Dragonet temp pet through blood of the dragon enhancement
-SMN has a ravana version of dreadwyrmn trance where the users book is replaced by a ravana egi in the form of a sword like alisae
-RDM gets double as the caster version of duality
-MCH gets a third turret like a 'knight' turret that either holds aggro or is a slow/pacify aoe
-DRK gets a version of its charge move to charge to allies as well as enemies
-NIN get a 4th mudra seal for 3 new spells but the rest of the rotation remains unchanged.
-BRD get a new cooldown song that is straight up bloodlust from WoW and everyone complains raiders demand them as mandatory

When does the fanfest start anywhere able to view it live with out forking out some shekels

TIME MAGE SOON FELLOW EORZEANS

Those are both gay as hell, why the fuck would they add them?

Because DRK has lots of ranged aggro gen abilities but lacks the ally protection/intercept abilities of other tanks and MCH has their ifrit and grauda turret equivalents and needs a titan one.

They were all potatoes too
I FUCKING HATE THIS PLACE SO MUCH AAAAA WHY IS THIS THE ONLY WAY TO LEVEL DPS WITHOUT TAKING A WHOLE MONTH?

Someone hasn't maxxed their beast tribes.

fucking jesus WHY

Once on floor 51 i got a room with 13 mimics.

The MCH decide to run in and pull them all.

"xD" was his response.

You can level dps with beast shit faster than with potd?

Beast tribes give awesome experience. Hunts are ok, too, plus they give you seals for i200 gear at 60.

holy hell move over 2 dungeon runs, you can waste seals that can be used for more important shit for fucking Ilevel 200 gear!

59-60 is 5 days of just doing 3 vanu vanu and 3 gnath dailies. thats not even throwing in roullettes. i only have PLD at 58 and DRG at 57 of the 23 jobs left to get to 60 and all i do is the beast tribes so i dont burn out.

Is this game any better than WoW gameplay wise?

Nigger I can get that full level doing potd for 2 hours, how the fuck is 5 days fast in any way?

It's a little better, moves can combo off each other so there's more of a rotation than WoW. But it's a tab target MMO so don't expect the wheel to be reinvented. You use your moves, avoid damage carpets and deal with mechanics like "don't stand Next to Y" or "group up on X"

Its not meant to be fast its meant to be piss easy and guaranteed. You spent ten minutes on each per day and there is no risk of shitters costing you time or xp.

????????

and how much progress did you make on your wipe?

Even if I wiped 5 times in between each clear, I still am getting mountains of exp above whatever hobo-tier scraps you are getting from tribe shit

So then why are you bitching about the wipes on a chinese imageboard to begin with then?

And here's your tank for tonight. In Shiva ex he rather turns her towards the group before the bow phase to dodge the miniscule fucking icicle damage. Of course, he wipes the group several times.

Do you even MMO?

He wanted your expert advice Aurion. Maybe tell him that leves are the slowest way to level crafting/gathering next there.

It's not screeching, I just don't understand that type of behavior. You can choose between wiping a group and losing a fifth of your health and he chooses to wipe.

not his fault the party doesnt have awareness

Good, not going to waste my heals on you then.

I dps when the party seems safe for a few seconds. Even then I don't really care how much dmg I do. If tank like you bitch about healers not dps or not dpsing enough, I will let you die.

And of course, i report ppl who uses subpar, but only, if they bitch about other's DPS. Like what you said, if i were the healer, I'd report your ass as well as not healing your shitty tank ass.

I dps as heals only, when I feel like it, or when the party is in safe conditions, but not as a requirement. Ever. Go such your own dick loser.

Something tells me you're not from around these parts

You are subhuman and a cancer on the entire game

yeah no thanks. That killed my interest. Even WoW is shit by going 1.5 from 1 I can't imagine 3 seconds.

It gets pretty low for some classes by endgame, although it makes early levels a complete chore.

Are you ok? The quality of this post makes me thing you have brain damage with the non-stop run-on sentences and plebbit type space formatting.

look at how new and uninformed this subhuman monkey is

its 2.5 gcd base and if it started lower with the current rotation system some classes like dragoon or ninja would be too chaotic to play

I know it's a small chance, but a Blue Mage would really make me happy.

exactly why a tank should spam flash in tank stance! their only job is to hold hate, not dps! thats the dps job!

6 HOURS FOR FAGFEST
GET YOUR SAMURAI MEMES READY

I predict ==Onion Knight==

Oh yeah, time for beastmaster baby.

Why waste time and money in EUmudslime lands with a fanfest that will basically have the last half of stormblood reveal

Hopefully they dont get enriched while in the middle of th reveal

I just bought this piece of shit game. Where the fuck are the 8ch guilds? Why is there nothing in the OP? What's this shit about drama? How autistic are the groups here?

Just get a refund while you still can

yes.

are we postan lewds now?

I want aymeric to make passionate love to me and gently whisper sweet words into my ears.

Get another fucking hobby then faggot.

both of them? should he swap ears at the end of every sentence? or between each word?

I'll guess I'll try Dragoon if the DPS rotation has no dead times

I hate dead times and waiting on GCDs

hell yeah son

If this is the average raging retardation this game has to offer then I think I will get that refund after all.

The people here are absolutely awful, you're better off with /vg/'s ffxiv anons on halfchan then this bullshit.

consider avoiding mmorpgs like the plague unless you have a group of people to play with, these kinds of attitudes are normal and only get worse the more players the game gets

i dont want this game to bloat up with shitcunts like wow did, i would prefer the playerbase to stay the way it is now because its only gonna get worse from here

Hey nigger, if you're not gonna dps I'm gonna find a way to break your fucking fingers. I'll pull half of the dungeon if needs be but I'm not letting you cruise through the dungeon. That's the fucking point.

The MMO crowd here is pretty weak honestly. We had a really good guild going on nost, but it died due the server just generally being a piece of shit. I quit mostly because of the fucking chinks, and the pve shitters.

Anyone got a restream or some kinda live doc about the fanfest?

don't think the stream started yet

Yeah I'm waiting on this shit pretty fiercely. I don't wanna miss something so I've been kind of anxious and waiting for some kind of pre-readied stream to pop up. Honestly I'm kool with either BLU or SAM; I'd much rather have BLU but SAM could be kinda cool, so hey whatever.

Where is the stream though?

They just sent an in-game notification out that the stream is starting right now.

I'm not in game there, bud. You got a link to the stream?

the official guild is on Exodus and are called the new wheels order.

Most of their members moved to gilgamesh recently.
also they're now called ITC.

(checked)
*AFE

What can you trade in Centurio seals for that's better than catch up gear for your alt jobs?

Shire upgrade items.

From what I can see, the gob stuff for shire gear comes from Idyllshire for manifesto pages.

the legendary hunting logs, you can trade 4 of them for the upgrade shit.

STREAM WHERE

Oh, neat.

twitch.tv/mrangry0805
stream here????

Thanks!

holy shit i'm ready

SAM CONFIRMED

also were going to doma as well.

Tank or dps?

WHAT THE FUCK YOSHI WHERES THE TRINITY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DPS

GET FUCKED DPS QUEUES.
TANK AND HEALER MASTERRACE ONCE AGAIN

Haha you can imagine how horrible queues will be. Hours just to do daily roulettes, more people to the potd, more shitters from the potd.

DPS QUEUES BTFO

BLUfags and DNCfags BTFO

Time to go harass people who thought blu existed

im cring

hivemind lol.

i came here to laugh at tank fags for not getting SAM as tank

BLU probably would have been more interesting mechanically than SAM though. Too soon to really judge SAM but it doesn't seem too interesting

this cannot be fucking happening, this asshole based his entire fucking time as director of this around the concept
in b4 there's 4 more jobs

tfw smn main and will just level playing sch

You see this, goyim? These new beastmen are the merchants you should be wary of. My Lalafell brothers and sisters are your friends :^)

also mongol steppe confirmed.

CUP NOODRE XIV

A giant cup for the Cup noodle (tm)

aw shit now we can visit finland

LAVENDER BEDS CONFIRMED COMFY HOUSING DISTRICT CHAMPION

BLU MAGE CONFIRMED ITS HAPPENING

Translator-chan is not for speculating.

HILDEBRAND IS A BLUE MAGE

You may be onto something.

This shit was unbelievably disappointing.

Details, details! Pre-order today, goyim.

Was this the last big event for reveals? If this was all they have to show then SB is pretty much going to be this game's Cata

I thought were getting ala mhigo and doma. which is great for me because I was hoping doma would be the expansion after this but now I dont even have to wait.

I'm want to be upset but Nobuo Uematsu's face calms me down too much. They knew what they were doing when they brought him on stage.

Really hope this xpac isn't all about yugri ass kissing

Good. I want them to stop forcing retarded decisions on me and treating my character like a fucking moron.

For a while now it's been extremely easy to predict what's about to happen, but the "good guys" and your PC has been an utter and complete moron with zero foresight or tactical competence. I raged throughout the entirety of Heavensward because of how many mistakes would have been easily avoided if the good guys weren't as stupid as they are.

This was the last fanfest for the year, I think.
Came in late to the stream, but don't think they mentioned the combat/gameplay changes?

Yeah but I'm worried they'll shorten the alamhigo segment in favor or doma rather than have both of them greatly expanded. At this point in more interested in what existing classes get for level 61-70 and the battle system which is still a mystery other than classes replaced in favor of jobs.

The more they kiss her ass, the less ass kissing there is for Ala Mhigo as a whole.

Oh also

Yup

Seemed like it's going to be 90% Doma since it was pretty much all they showed.

i don't see any worth

Dude go to Squeenix store, everything is 50% off

Absolutely none of the collectors editions have been worthwhile so far, unless you enjoy those shitty Play Arts Kai statues.

there is no diffrences between steam and SQ store

I've never been this disappointed before

I'm pretty contented, it means I can make fun of people who thought DNC would be in. Also blu

The MMO genre is fucking dead.
Time to search for some Ragnarok Online server that isn't cancer to get my fix.

I hope they don't think Warrior will be replace because of this.

I'm pretty indifferent to the new jobs, zones and story the game has delivered well enough in those aspects.
DONT MAKE 1 8MAN RAID FOR THE WHOLE XPAC THERE IS FUCKALL TO DO ENDGAME

WAKEY WAKEY SON IVE GOT NEWS FOR YOU

thank you user. i needed that image

I'm disappointed that it's just two new DPS jobs, but on the other hand I'm genuinely excited that it's looking more and more like Ala Mhigo is going to be a side-note.
Fuck the ala mhiggers, they deserve to all die and have their land salted. Every problem in the story could be solved instantly if we genocide the potatos and nuke Ala Niggo

see

Best part is that we might actually go see the imperial capital and maybe even join them

th-they''ll buff monk, right guys?

MNK is already best damage overall.

Fucking hell the one class I never thought to try leveling.

Not by a far amount Dragoon is less than 100 DPS behind if played optimally, but their utility greatly makes up for it. If your ranged DPS has a DRG in your party(especially DRG is "considered" required in current comps), they're pretty much passing Monk without issue. Last I recall, Monk was only 5th place in damage based on parses, with all ranged DPS above it purely because of them benefiting from class synergy. fflogs.com/statistics/13/#sample=7&dataset=95&aggregate=amount

Monk really isn't in a good spot as you think.

Fuck

So it's really only 2 dps, jack shit for boring ass all fuck healers/tanks and a trailer that's so fucking jarring it could be 2 different expacs… Nice job SE. Triple the budget and All you have is 2 dps, shitty dailies and nothing else of interest.

Nothing about new summoner minions, less pointless crafting, less cancerous raiding, better solo content than "cancer of the dead" or fucking anything other than lolsam becoming a thing and making everyone palm their face?

I'm done climbing these fuckin towers

I lived
fuck

Falling damage can't kill you unless you're in combat

A new SMN pet is the most unlikely thing to happen I think. What useful role would a new pet even fill? We already have melee, ranged, tank and healer.

Good news through, you won't be killed outright as a lowly beastman, they will experiment first to determine your source of eikon-slaying capacities then try to stuff you into next weapon of mass destruction.

probly same as MCH support bot :^)

we have a healer-egi?

Isn't that the fairy?

So what the fuck was the point of that GIRL DANCING IN A DANCER OUTFIT on the trailer and then just doing monk shit?
Is this really nothing but senseless dickteasing? I refuse to believe yoshi really is adding just 2 fucking dps

He isn't he's also removing the entire cross class system I think.

She might still be a dancer, but we won't be.

Welp, there goes any chance of that.
Nevermind, I'm reminded why I don't bother going with so many randoms.

Wait, what were the dancer details?

Oh dear, does anyone wanna tell him?

Fuck Yoshi.

Eh to be fair All Amigo isn't really interesting beyond seeing the place get stomped by imperials

It's probably caused by Yugiri going "Me too, Me too!" forcing you to do even more work for the scions.

Shit, how bad is it? Is it just monk with extra stances?

No, it's there won't be a dancer job

It's a lot more interesting to me, I'd rather help the Ala Miggers fight off the imps, then go to not Japan to please the weebs. Hell the big city in the Oasis they showed in the first teaser trailer looks so much better than the not japan city. Why the fuck did they spend so much time building up the Ala Mhigo plot just to drop it like a hot potato? It's fucking Warrior of Darkness 2.0, just a plot point that has all this build up to just to have like zero pay off. I wouldn't be nearly as pissed if they had been building up Doma the past few patches. We hadn't heard shit about Doma since like 2.4 and now it seems like it's the main focus.
Fuck Yoshi.

I meant glamour stuff. I misspoke when I said "new minions".

Shit is still utterly garbage. I don't care about going to nip land with nihon-katana-blade shit. I wanted more empire shit and now I'm betting it'll be all about the slant eyes plus that boring mary sue cunt yugnigry. Along with no details about the combat system changes, probably the same copy/paste mount for the shitty beastmen(at least wow had different fucking colors, ffs), same shitty raiding cycle with 2 chests and 1 token drop that takes 1-1/2 months to get 1 piece if your luck is shit, raping dps queues more and putting both sam/rdm at 50 so the shitters will be even more fucking abundant.

This whole exp feels like a cata. Plus the shitty trailer being complete faggotry compared to HW. At least it made sense.

So the trailer with monk was just showing off some pretty outfit and samurai is moving in to take our gear. Great.

I was looking forward to Ala Mhigo and actually listening to Erik rattle off about some King or whatever he was going on about last time.

I'm willing to bet that's Yda and the trailer had some focus on her because that scene would take place after Ala Mhiggerstan gets liberated.

Fuck I still can't over that. I hope they add a fucking ballad trial about them at some point at least because goddamn what a complete waste of great characters

Word of the Mother failed to save their shard.
They come back for revenge or told that Rejoining will fix that.
Imagine.

what's the point of extending blood of the dragon if all the jump skills have long ass cooldowns?

It's mainly for the skills that require blood of the dragon and using the line aoe in your rotation. The extra jump dmg is a bonus

lol

How long would it take to catch up to that Anima Questline from the start?

A week if you poopsock it hardcore, a month otherwise

Why is it so hard to keep aggro as tank early on? I'm trying to level GLD, but often the DPS will end up pulling aggro even if I'm doing the Fast Blade to Savage Blade combo with Fight or Flight active.

shitty design, not good til 40

So is the keynote speech the only thing worthwhile at Fanfest? Are there going to be any more reveals or was that it?

Nice to see nothing's change in these raids.

Did you retards actually expect them to add another tank?

It will be exactly the same as when they added Nin. Stop being retarded.

you mean 3 hour DPS queues?

The queues are going to be even worse than then actually. Since both new classes are dps and both are hyped as hell, there is going to be a MASSIVE overload of dps faggots in every instance and it's going to make the queues for anyone else playing dps massive.
Look forward to running the new 24 man with 15 fucking samurais every single time

I'd expect them to make the combat system which includes making tanking/healing not fucking boring as all hell. With TRIPLE the budget I'd at the very least expect it. But I'm not seeing where that budget is going at the moment and they aren't showing it. Only thing this expac has is a slightly bigger "outland" area and 2 beastmen upon launch. Not impressive enough to spend more money on.

:^)

I figured they were gonna come back to them. Did they seriously drop them entirely after doing fuck all with them?

Their plot is seemingly resolved

First step is atma fates, but they've been nerfed. If you have a Zeta, you can skip this step. The second step is running a chain of dungeons. The step after that is crafting and turning tokens for items. The step after that is umbrite, where you need about 24k lore just to get the umbrite for the step. Sands will need be attained separately. The step after that is singing crystals and you need 50 of them for 7500 lore. The step after that is the light step and the current step. Light is easy if you can farm a1s. It's going to take you a month or so casually.

You're more than likely going to end up catching up in a few months. The one-month speed is how fast you go if you feel like committing suicide afterwards. You're still going to catch up eventually, but it'll be close to the launch of 4.0.

I also wouldn't invest much gill into the anima at this point as it'll be a glamour weapon in June.

glad i dropped this game

Gld is a shit tank until 40 when they get shield oath. Just suffer through it or go into potd and skip the pain entirely. However, you're still a bit hosed if you get synced down via a roulette.

That's it for major reveals until we get to 4.0. The only thing left is a music concert and some activities for those in attendance.

I fully expect the fate train to return or potd if is allowed. A new 4.0 version of potd is coming eventually as well.

Triple the budget is triple the paycheck. They still won't add a glamour log after it's been done for over a decade in past mmos.

wod got hosed badly. They were really only active for a few patches and then they went back home to being dead. I still don't think we got all of their names.

Any chance the post expansion patches may add stuff like classes or races and they're just holding it off. So they don't get an HW like issue where the game is just stagnant for a long time after the expansion?

Did you manage to see Edda's ghost yet, user?

I played as a MNK for a grand total of 700 hours, and recently I started leveling MRD/WAR. Holy shit, being a tank makes all the difference, instead of spinning muh deepees rotation, I actually feel in control, like my actions mean something for the party. How blind I was.

Oh so that's what happened, i thought some tanks were being shit.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone. And whoever thought a tank should get a dps stance, an incredibly boring one at that, before their tanking one needs to get their shit slapped.

And what will that accomplish my dear boy? Eorzea would fall apart without our guidance.

How were the japanese responses to the fanfest reveals? Maybe if enough nips throw a shitfit yoshi will fix this disappointment, but who knows since japs have such shit fucking taste

Yep this is going to be Cata 2.0

New thread up