BACKLOG THREAD BITCHES

BACKLOG THREAD BITCHES

POST YOUR BACKLOG / GAMES TO PLAY IN A CERTAIN FUTURE

Too much to list the entire thing. Currently playing through Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. Debating on whether to play through Tsugunai, .hack, or Ar Tonelico next (with the latter two I'd be looking into consecutive playthroughs of IMOQ and G.U., or AT1 and 2).

Also, maybe it's just me, but I'm slightly miffed that Tsugunai has like zero fucking artwork to be found, be it official (I know it has to exist somewhere out there, I've seen it inside the manual) or fan made, aside from cover art.

My backlog is so fucking huge that I really hope the industry crashes soon so I can get started on whittling it down

The industry didn't crash but a good game hasn't come out in years. Go play your backlog cunt.

Oh, shit, it's starting to build up. I have no idea how people play so many damn games. Shit, I play video games way more than other people and I still find it hard to play so many different ones.

As for the backlog itself:
Aliens vs Predator Classic
Arcanum
Baldur's Gate 2
Deus Ex
Dungeon Rats
Dungeon Siege 1 & 2
E.Y.E.
Fallout
Gothic
Heretic
Hexen
Jagged Alliance 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Planescape: Torment
Quake 2
Rise of the Triad
All the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games
Serious Sam TFE
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Strife
Unreal
Wolfenstein 3D

The state of the industry has given a lot of time and reason to go back and look into stuff one has missed out on it when it was current. Some years back I'd thought that maybe it would just be a waiting game, but fuck, at this point its like I might as well keep looking for stuff in the past. And ease of downloading for and emulating of a lot of older systems makes that potential backlog even more enormous, as does the fan-translation scene essentially bringing old games newly into English.

At this point though, I kind of think the industry is too infested with plebs (who never learn anything as they get repeatedly fucked in the ass by publishers and bad trends like paid DLC and paid early access) to ever have another 1983 North America tier crash.

Got to just stick with one or two at a time and make solid progress with them, rather than jumping all over, making a little progress with each but never actually getting far in any of them.

And here's the fucking games I still havent booted up but mean to one day

>Underrail

Resident Evil Revelations
Nu Doom
Witcher 3
KoA:Reckoning
FF Xlll-2
FF Xlll Lightning returns
Fuck FF Xlll though hallway simulator drove me up a wall so I YouTube'ed the ending after getting halfway through the boring ass game, One can sit and mash X for only so long with out some kind of thought provoking input like pressing Square.

And a fuck ton of VN's I still need to go through and complete on my potato of a laptop.

Metal gear rising (I'm on armstrong but taking a break because fuck him)
Yakuza 1
MGS2

I keep a small backlog

Cont. Just from looking at my desktop:
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re Birth1
Dawn of War with expansions
Alien Shooter 2
Hoshizora no Memoria English
Boob wars 2
Risk of Rain
Stardew valley
Nekp para
Shadow Warrior
Albion
Wizardry 6-8
Little witch
Lightning warror Raidy
Rance
Neverwinter nights

Do yourself a favor and skip the FF games

Classic Shadow Warrior or reboot?

Same here, i will die before i can finish all my games from the past

FF 8
FF 9
FF 13 series
DQ 6
DQ 8
Vanquish
Space Marine
Tales of Xillia 1 and 2
Tales of Abyss
Fire Emblem Conquest
Castlevania curse of darkness
Battalion for GC

I cant even remember all, not home atm

As a heads up, Tales of Xillia 1 and 2 are a bit hit or miss with fans, while Tales of the Abyss is REALLY hit or miss. Granted, I'm not calling them bad, I certainly enjoyed them (though they're not my favorites in the series) but I'm just hoping that you are aware of what you're getting into with them.

Also, while some people might say you can skip Xillia 1 and go into Xillia 2 due to synopses of parts of the prior game you can read, you'd still miss out on actually experiencing the prior game and actually getting a proper feel for the returning characters and their relations. Also, on the off chance you weren't aware, I'd also advise you to start with the Jude Route for Xillia 1; while the game lets you choose which route, and thus protagonist, you want the game to focus on for a given playthrough, both have scenes they exclusively get to see, and Jude's are more plot relevant than Milla's are. In fact, playing on Milla's first is likely to wind up confusing you at point as to how and why things have happen the way they do at times, because she wasn't there to see what was going on with Jude. Both routes do give you a more full picture, but that does require two playthroughs. So just a heads up.

The classic, complete edition

My backlog is something I maintained within Excel spreadsheet but currently I am playing Demon's Souls and Dead Rising. I have been telling myself for years I need to do at least one game of month and 2017 is the year I will make that a reality.

I'd say go with Portal or Bastion. Those are pretty short games you'll get out of the way quickly.

As for my own backlog, it's a doozy.

Ys Celceta
Ys Dana
Blood and Wine
Just Cause 2
Brandish
Pogeyman

what are you 12? how have you not played any of these games

Nah, just didn't have much money growing up.

Shadow Tactics
System Shock 1
Arcanum
Geneforge
STALKER
EYE
The Saboteur
Trails in the Sky
Divinity OS
Inquisitor
Postal 2
Recettear
Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive
W40k DoW 2
The Witcher
Ys: The Oath in Felghana
Atelier Totori Plus
Atelier Escha & Logy Plus
SAO HF
Dungeon Travelers 2
Operation Abyss
Deemo: The Last Recital
Fate/Extella
Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni
Bravely Default
Fire Emblem Awakening
Etrian Odyssey 4
Rune Factory 4
SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked
That game with the guy who kinda looks like Kyle Hyde
Hyrule Warriors

I just beat the Wonderful 101 today, and Star Fox 64 about a week ago

Wii U backlog
>Paper Mario: Color Splash - used copy
>Maybe a used copy of Tokyo Mirage Sessions. The censorship doesn't bother me, but I'm not going to support it

N64

SNES - It will be a while before I get around to this because I don't use emulators and I haven't picked up the console yet

PC
>Morrowind, which I've been playing for 7 years but I always stop playing when I get Dwemer Puzzle Box for some reason
Honestly, it's been a while since I've seen a PC game reasonably discussed on this board. Every time I've come lately, it's mostly just been weeaboos talking about handhelds or VNs. Only remnants of PC gaming I still see on here are Deus Ex, EYE, STALKER, and Doom threads, but I've played them all already.

lmao

Mega Man 3-10, Mega man X2-6, MML 1&2, Mega Man BN 1-3, Mega man Zero.

Why no might No. 9?

These are the games I plan to finish this year:

- Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
- Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2

– Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

– Castlevania (Nintendo 64)
– Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness

– Castlevania: Order of Shadows

– Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

- Dragon Quest VI

- Deus Ex
- Deus Ex: Invisible War

- Radical Dreams
- Chrono Cross

- Super Mario RPG

- The Talos Principle DLC

- Treasure Adventure Game

- Kaze no Densetsu: Xanadu
- Kaze no Densetsu: Xanadu II

- Xanadu Next

- Ys Origin

You're not fucking ready. MMOs have ruined my life

PS4

Vita

PS3

PSP

PS2
Oh gods let's not even get into this one. I bought way too many games for a pound each. So many RPGs.

PSone

Wii

3DS

DS

GBA

PC

Drop Xenoblade X. It's not worth it. It's absolute shit.

Get on Vanquish. Shit's good.

You also drop Xenoblade X. Fuck that game.

And your taste, apparently

Got to love how for the most part the PS2 (and Xbox as well, to be fair) library is still pretty damn cheap (though perhaps not at "$1" or whatever prices), and a lot of games can still be picked up for not that much at all. Even more-so if it's a really common title and/or saw a PS3 HD version (hence making available PS2 copies more available and with less demand for them).

Anyhow, as a heads up about Chrono Trigger DS, I certainly find it a worthy port (especially since it doesn't have loading issues like the PS1 port did), but the newly added content is a bit sketchy. Lost Sanctum is a slog, and some people really aren't fond of the Dimensional Vortexes and related new ending being a call forward to Chrono Cross. Both are at least optional though, and at least one of the vortexes gave "Singing Mountain" an actual location to be used in the game.

Might as well toss The Lost Age on there with that one, as both effectively make for one complete story.

Is there a pirate version out there somewhere that works with mods? The codex one is a dev version or whatever half-finished abomination was out on release and the updates you can pirate don't fix this at all. Mods don't work in this because the mod loader fucking crashes immediately and doesn't even fucking load. The fan made mod managers don't work because they require the extra files that the normal mod manager makes when it launches and without the normal mod manager I can't get those files.
plz help.

God of War 2
Gothic 1 & 2
Metal Gear Rising
Zelda Majoras Mask
Heretic
Duke 3d
Hexen
FEAR 1 & 2
STALKER SoC
Okami
Legend of Mana
Soul Sacrfice
Castlevania OoE & Rondo
Maldita Castilla
Metroid Prime 1, 2 & 3
Drakengard
Dragon's Dogma
Wizardry 8
Runescape
Pikmin 1 & 2
Ace Attorney 2 & onwards
Banjo Tooie
Hitman Blood Money
Darksiders 2
Thief 1 & 2
Mario & Luigi RPG 2 & 3
Ys Ark, Seven, Celceta & 8
Nekopara
Vanquish
Xanadu Next
TITS In The Sky
Etrian Odyssey 3 & 4
Quake 1
Star Control 2
Binary Domain
MMX 2 & 3
MML 1 & 2
Chrono Trigger & Cross
Suikoden
Wario Land 2 & 3, VB, World & Shake It
Valdis Story
MGS 3 European Extreme
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Kirby Planet Robobot
Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX
Gal Gun Double Peace
Dragon Quest Builders
Double Dragon Neon

Probably fuckloads more that I can't think of.

So I just got around to playing Year Walk, and I finished it much faster than I would have expected; couldn't have been longer than two hours to get the true ending. It's a game about walking around Sweden, obeying the strange commands of horrifying black monsters, finding the souls of dead babies, seeing a horrifying vision of the future, and ultimately learning that your true love cucked you.
Which, all things considered, is a pretty good metaphor for modern day Sweden.

Now, what should I play next?

Play it on the PC, nothing will ever be as good as the GC ver except the jap ps2 ver.

Pretty sure the Steam version was a botched port, unless someone got around to fixing it. Or did you mean emulation of the Gamecube original? The PS3 version is based on the PS2 port we never got out here, and thus suffers from the same pros and cons of it anyhow (additional content at the apparent cost of combat framerate and shadowing, or so I've heard).

Whats wrong with Xeno X? I'm six hours in and enjoying it. Is it one of those "drop it when you reach its peak because it turns to irredemable shit afterwards" games?

Also play Dead Rising, each playthrough should take about 8-10 hours and its got plenty of replay value

Honesty EYE is hard to get into, I always get bored at one point or another.

You mean that list is all off the top of your head and not from some backlog.txt you keep on your desktop? Jesus user that's a lot of fucking games, you should really get to playing some of them.

It's been like this for years.

in case you haven't guessed I've just been playing my 3DS and emulators lately

Are you me? I feel like i'm not going to fully appreciate something unless i have the rifht mindset.

My issue's generally been just starting up a new game. If I'm already playing something I can usually get through it fine, but sometimes I can go weeks before getting into anything new. And yeah, deciding "I'll go check what's on 8ch for a few minutes" before booting anything up is a bad idea if you're wanting to play anything. Those minutes turn into hours.

If anyone has advice which games to play first and maybe which games to forget about completely I'd appreciate it

Witcher 3
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Rhythm Heaven Megamix
Antichamber
Portal Stories: Mel
Splatoon

The World Ends With You
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Cities: Skylines
Jet Set Radio
Psychonauts
Shadow Warrior 2013
Trine 1 & 2

Beyond Good & Evil
Dishonored
Euro Truck Simulator
Fallout: New Vegas
GTA San Andreas, Vice City & 4
Grow Home
LISA
Just Cause 2
Mirror's Edge
Metro 1 & 2
Civilization V
System Shock 2
Transistor
Valkyria Chronicles

I recommend not starting too many games at the same time. Play only a few then finish them before starting more.

Here is what I'm working on now:
Witcher 2
XCom: Enemy Unknown
Valkyria Chronicles
Endless Legend
Civilization V
Civilization Beyond Earth
Sword of the Stars 2
Stellaris

Don't really have anything lined up after this except Witcher 3. I've been on a serious backlog binge.

Update: Just found Asura's Wrath for cheap. My backlog grows even more. I just can't fucking help myself.

Even if you found it cheap, you'll have to pay for the ending DLC.

I know. It's why I've waited to get it for so cheap and second hand. Capcom can't jew me that easily.

I don't keep a backlog. I play games that interest me or catch my interest in that moment Sometimes when I get the urge to play games with a certain mechanic/setting/whatever I'll look for games that have that and make a list, then I just play the ones that seem decent.

Keeping a backlog makes the games less enjoyable in a way because it feels like I have to burn through them to "clear" the list.

Bumping because I could still use some suggestions.

First, kill yourself.
After that, play Dark Messiah.

Couldn't get into the first one

Liked the second one a lot when I started it, but then the twist was spoiled and it has been in the backlog since.

It sucks because that would have been great to experience first hand but now I'll expect it.