Why is it such a pain in the ass to run Wii ISOs on a fucking modded Wii...

why is it such a pain in the ass to run Wii ISOs on a fucking modded Wii? I can do Gamecube just fine through Nintendont, I can run emulators just fine, I can install VC wads just fine, but the actual goddamned Wii games? 2 separate USB loaders bitch at me about something cIOS or whatever not being right, they can't detect the USB stick and I can't even tell if I can load them via SD card. Let alone the vague instructions about where to put the files or how to name the folders. The fucking plugin authors don't even include proper, real instructions either.

I'm glad at this point i bought it pre-modded because I'm almost certain I'd have bricked this console if I did it myself because everything seems so vaguely explained on the part of propram authors. This shit is as bad as installing mods in older versions of Minecraft- this coupled with my loathing of Gamergate and my hatred of Nintendo's recent practices(AM2R), I'm considering selling the fucking thing. It's not like I didn't play it a single week and have let it sit for a month. Why do I even need emulators on it when PC emulators for those same consoles are better?

Literally the only advantage to keeping it is that the component cable for the Gamecube is expensive but I'd have to solder in a Xeno chip and buy those mini DVDs. But even then I'm almost sick to death of video games so why not get some cash? It's a paperweight otherwise.

Wii emulation is a thing now. If you don't want to fuck around with the hardware, and have a decent PC, you could do that instead. As for hacking it yourself, it's easy as fuck. Bannerbomb -> install a USB loader. I haven't done it in a while but that's pretty much it.
Get an Xbox and mod it. It's just as easy to hack and you can't emulate it yet. Also Ninja Gaiden Black is great.

Also
I see Wiis in stores for 20 bong. They're pretty much everywhere. Pawn shops are overflowing with them. Only person you'll sell it to is someone dumb enough to not know how to mod it themselves.

It's really not. I just put the ISO on a flash drive and insert it into the back of the wii, then I start it up with that homebrew menu or whatever and it's done.

What does this have to do with gamergate?

Well, let me tell you that the guy that pre-modded it did a shit job.

If you installed the properly patched CIOS you shouldn't have any issues running Wii backups, It's 2017, there aren't any changes to the console firmware, so the latest method should be enough to run 98% of games.

Just download 249, 250 and 251 with the proper patch and you should be fine

If even then you are unsure, then just restore the wii with your NAND backup and start anew with any tutorial.

That'll only happen if you're a retard that can't read or use jewtube.

That's the one thing that annoys me about Wii homebrew, information is really sparse and it's written assuming the reader already knows everything. I mean, WTF is a CIOS or a WAD? I did get ISOs to load in the end, but I still have no idea how.

Nothing, OP is just throwing an autistic temper tantrum.

Why is it so hard to read GBAtemp for five seconds? They have specialized autism for this.

You say stupid shit like this and wonder why you can't figure out how to load pirated games. A monkey could do this shit after spending 5 minutes on GBAtemp.

Your USB loader is bitching because whoever you paid to modify the console did a shit job. I suggest you go read the simple guides and learn how to install the software yourself. While you're there see if the piece of shit you're trying to plug into the USB port is supported.

Here I'll get you started:

If it doesn't boot the game then your friend fucked up when he installed the custom IOSs. Those come in .wad format like the VC games. Get the right ones and fix that shit up.

My launch model Wii with the boot1 exploit is comfy as fuck by the way. I haven't played the thing in years OP I'll sell it to you with all the games from every console it can emulate, plus GC, plus Wii games for $300. It comes with a 2TB HDD and a custom stand with blue LEDs in it.

You're a fucking retard scrub, modding wii and playing games is fucking babby tier shit.
Well that explains it

/thread

OP, go back to Facebook you fucking nigger.

It's even in the normal wikipedia:

IOS is a Wii memory module - they are "settings" that the console use to run games.

CIOS is an altered IOS modified to act on certain ways - namely, to be able to play backup games, use flash drives, etcetera.

WADs are the programs that are installed to the Wii's NAND (the internal memory). Usually the most common WADs are the Wii Shop or the Zelda update channel, but they can also be Virtual Console Games, Homebrew Channels, forwarders and more.

Lastly, it's been a while - there are wikis dedicated to explain these in excruciating detail.

It's not.

Absolute fucking scrub detected. A five year old could mod this console and learn how it works. I gifted mine to my 10 year old niece and she hasn't had any problems with it. You are undeniably retarded

dude the only way you can brick the wii is by installing themes, now that's a fucking time bomb

stop being retarded, convert to wbfs, put in wbfs folder you idiot

emulation is shit regardless of platform

Was there another exodus or something?

Yeah, shit. I'm not very smart but I managed to hack a psp by making my own pandora battery thing back when I was in high school. Softmodding my wii was braindead easy with the letterbomb thing.

OP would've had an easier time understanding what he's doing if he had modded it himself.

There has to have been, the number of bethesda, EA, bungie, and blizzard threads have gone way up. I don't fucking get it. Next few metas we have to start to demand quality control and agree to not have certain threads, specifically fallout 4 and overwatch ones.

the next one is the last one

Yeah, Wii and PSP are pretty easy to mod on your own. While admittedly my own system modding experiences are still limited, those two were no sweat at all following instructions. In comparison, PS2 drive modding was a ways more complex, but still pretty doable (saw an user last week or so that had felt it so risky from the instructions he'd read that he was paying a shop to mod the drive for him; somehow I imagine him going back in the future with some shekels, his PS2, and thumbdrive to ask them to install more games rather than do so himself).

What I would kind of want to know is if there's a correspondence between fluctuations in poster count here and something happening at roughly the same time as halfchan. I will say that I've seen a number of "oh well it's not as if everyone doesn't use both sites anyhow" posts recently, as if to push the idea that everyone here are still cuckchanners at heart (and thus that crossboarders should be welcomed).

I will never go back to 4chan and many people are just like me. It's a horrible site with awful users. Their Holla Forums is the most horrid board anywhere so if you crossposts back and forth from there you are teh worst of people and not needed at least around me, but since I share the same opinion with many I do not think they should be around the others either.

You aren't the only one that has noticed. I'm not sure where the new traffic is coming from but quality is way down on all major boards I visit. That's down from what it had already degraded into. We're about 100 exoduses away from when first got bad by this point.

Same. Even if it means I can rarely find discussion of the games I enjoy (mostly older niche stuff I'd discuss on /vg/ or /vr/ there before; both equivalents here are sadly pretty dead, and the games themselves don't have much warrant to making threads on in this era).

A friend of mine claims that both half/v/ and full/v/ are about the same quality these days, and between that and halfchan having more traffic, he hasn't seen fit to fully cross over here like I did years back. Which is a shame; I've known him to be an actually quality poster (he's actually had me proofread what he's written before posting at times), yet he still wants to stick to that shithole.

Of course, it might not simply just be crossboarding cuckchanners driving post quality down, but potentially a deepening reddit infestation as well. I've heard rumor that Holla Forums has been outright advertising their board, and thus furthering knowledge of the site as a whole, on reddit to try to bolster their numbers. If so, I'd wager there could be spillover onto other boards, and they bring their posting quality and tastes with them.