If you were in charge of the Pokemon MD games what would you add/remove to the games?

If you were in charge of the Pokemon MD games what would you add/remove to the games?

I would add the post game content of creating your own base/hideout in which you can send inactive team members to different types of missions. Or the option to focus your guild into catching criminals, rescuing missing pokemon or finding lost stuff

Do you guys have any cool idea? Or do you find something obnoxious and want to remove it

breeding

sex scenes

bring back IQ skills and nerf "hit everything from the other side of the room covering a fraction of the map" moves

Make the ages of your character ambiguous again, the new one is like "you're a fucking child" and it pissed me off. Bring back the writing style of explorers of sky. Actually, base everything off explorers of sky, that game was really fucking good and then they had to go and fuck it up. Don't get me wrong, keep what works from the new games (whatever that was, cause I couldn't bring myself to play past the opening) and integrate it into the formula. Give us a wider variety of pokemon to pick from when starting the game. Make a bunch of dialogue paths that change how people treat you, or how certain parts of the story play out (minuscule changes, you'd still reach the same destinations, but it'd offer variety in the things that happen prior and give the main story some replayability)
Don't dumb this shit down, I didn't need hand holding as a kid, and I don't need it now. I shouldn't have to get to post game before I feel even slightly challenged.

This.
more

Dating plus , both for humans and pokemon.

fucking secondaries

sauce on angry dog noises

I unno, I don't remember saving it

I know that this is supposed to be a joke but what if you had the option to actually have a wife/husband and have descendants which can take over your guild when they are old enough or if during a quest your character dies due to players choices

JUST LET ME DIE OR GET TURNED BACK INTO A HUMAN OR WHATEVER AT THE END OF THE GAME AND HAVE MY CHARACTER REMOVED FROM THE GAME PERMANENTLY

Jesus Christ those "Hey it turns out you or your partner really didn't want you to go away so you can stick around. Don't worry about that really dramatic ending where you said goodbye to your best friend, everything worked itself out." were obnoxious in how they trivialized everything that had happened.

I agree with you, in Explorers of Sky it felt ok, but in SMD it was so fucking forced and the worst thing is that Mew got cucked by your partner

Fuck, that's one of the games that pissed me off the most.
You get this long, drawn-out goodbye where you have to leave forever, and your partner is only just realizing that you have to go after they've fully bonded with you and realize how much you truly meant to them the whole time, and then you're gone before they can even properly say goodbye, so they spend months just trying to keep your memory alive and after a year passes and they finally feel like they can move on, they're reminded of you one last time and break down into tears.

But then Dialga shows up and says "lol not really" and then everything's hunky dory again because hey, you're back so everything's cool.
That's the fucking worst.

I actually have to agree.

They should have just made a new replacement of your chosen Pokemon to keep playing as post game. That would have been brilliant and you would have stayed in the comfy guild bedrooms since there'd be nowhere for your new character to go.

That said I've only played Darkness and I heard Sky blows it out of the water.

I hate how they used entercards for one game and then completely forgot about them, in a game that is supposed to span over the entire world.
I would prefer it if you couldn't simply travel to any dungeon you unlocked and actually had to travel through several dungeons to reach the place you need to go. Ideally you would have to plot your own course of dungeons with multiple possible routes, such as a direct route through a difficult dungeon or an indirect route through several easier dungeons.
That way, the entercards could be introduced mid-game as shortcuts, with every location eventually being reachable via entercard. Finding the entercards/entercard combinations to travel to places would be great content for the post-game, especially if some bonus dungeons are only reachable through entercards.

As for in-dungeon gameplay, I don't know about a sure way to improve it, especially if moves are supposed to reflect the main games.
Room wide moves could deal decreased damage depending on the distance and have an effective range, after which little or no damage is done.
Multi hit moves are pure RNG in their current form. Make them attack either two or five times and balance their damage around that.
Rollout and the like should no longer be a multi-hit move, and could instead move the user one square forward if that square is free and then attack for its five-turn duration or until it misses.
Increasing party size to 4 again would give the player more slots to stock useful moves, for example counters to Perish Song.
Belly should be shared across the team to avoid starting the dungeon with effectively 300 Belly.
Maybe add more party AI options.

On another note, can we all take a moment to appreciate how dumb Super's story is?
ah, now my team will jump into the water to protect themselves, then fight Nutzleaf
oh, so it's going to be a 1v1 fight

What bothers me the most is that after saving the world and shit you are still a student at the guild when it would have been better to be named an official exploration team and have a base on your hometown or something

every pokemon game should be like super mystery dungeon in the sense that you can have every pokemon
It's so satisfying to pick your dream team. The writing was cheesey but I like cheesey writing

Make the MC's rival black. Make his rival fuck the love interest.

Why is it that the Pokémon spinoffs are almost always better than the mainline games?

Make your own criminal organisation

They're not

romance and farm/base builder

now I just feel bad.

Imagine having the option to settle down and having kids with your partner, then you would have to play as your son for the rest of the game

I would probably a section to power level weaker mons, that was always a drag to do hen you where high level.

I would make the dungeons more detailed and less repetitive, add more customization, as in gear the mons can equip, It's a bit dull compared to other dungeon crawling games.

How should I feel about this, lads?

allow me to put a few of your fears to bed
Not all of tumblr is horrible. Some of the cross posters definitely, but by no stretch of the imagination is it 100% cancer. Cancer is just promoted because muh ideologies