Nintendo had their shit leaked from a dev kit in July. Information may be false or outdated...

Nintendo had their shit leaked from a dev kit in July. Information may be false or outdated, but it's something to talk about.

You can download the files here:

>NX overview: filedropper.com/nx-overvi...715-en-private

>System features guide: filedropper.com/nx-system...930-en-private

>SDev Kit quick start: filedropper.com/nx-sdevqu...729-en-private

A basic summary from NeoFAG.

The Switch's keyboard will feature predictive text such as those on iOS and Android

System Settings will allow the user to edit the following settings:

There are TWO dev kit devices: SDEV and EDEV

SDEV - Has built-in ports; no built-in battery

EDEV - Resembles the retail product exactly but is black color

Game cards come in 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB, 8 GB, 16 GB, or 32 GB variations.

Other urls found in this thread:

dystify.com/Features/contents/Pages/Page_107323164.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who wants to bet it was intentional to stir up controversy?

entirely possible, either way using Maxwell is fucking bullshit.

That's more than enough for Nintendo games and third party devs especially for a hybrid homeheld console thing.

Why do you think this? Pascal didn't even offer much improvements over Maxwell, plus they probably had to use Maxwell because of power consumption issues that a smaller manufacturing process would have brought.

It costs like 220 dollars to make an S7 Edge, they can go with Pascal and easily make a profit and have straight ports, but fucking Nintendo cheaps out on everything.

Because Parker was meant to be a significant upgrade to Logan as seen in Image related.

Except these are representative of the early devkits. Not the rumored October devkits(Which haven't been confirmed to exist or not so take that with whatever) that are supposedly more powerful. So I would take things like the X1 SoC using Maxwell with some skepticism.
Honestly out of this entire list the only thing that bothers me is that save data is not automatically synchronized. Because that means switching data between the Switch and the inevitable Switch 2/LL(or a new Switch in case you break yours). The best thing to come out of this is the UI leaks though. Looks clean and unintrusive, I like it.

Okay and? An S7 Edge uses a Qualcomm Adreno 530 GPU on most models which an X1 outdoes in most benchmarks. Samsung's flagship phones aren't as impressive you think they are.
What are you talking about? Straight ports can be done with Maxwell chips too.
I don't take image related worth a grain of salt without real world numbers.

Didnt they say they were getting rid of these? Or was that just the Mii universe?

They said they wouldn't have Miiverse, the 3DS and Wii U social media/forum thing, on the Switch, which could mean anything from having a replacement or not having a replacement.

Some guy posted proof that the UI leak is real. So that's confirmed for the final product.

So what? DLC ads?

Yes

hehe

bayo 3 confirmed?

No it's not that's pic in the video is just click bait.
It's a Photoshopped pic of Bayo 2 art made more Red with a retarded 3rd barrel on only 1 of the guns.

b-but why would someone do something like that?

loltendo

If I had to guess i'd say it was just fan art someone made for fun and it wasn't intended to be put as the thumbnail of a video but it's now being used as clickbait.

This is too horrible not to be true.

Makes sense.

pretty much, also the video itself is pretty funny.

they will add it in first few updates

no

Exploiters will find a way.

Will there be a way to screenshot games? There's no Miiverse or browser to handle that.

Oh yeah there's no doubt about that. It just makes sense for why Nintendo would exclude it.

They didn't fuck learn, why didn't they use the X2. They will probably do that as a Switch XL sort of deal.

There's going to be at least 4 models of the Switch, I'm calling it now

I think they are going to do XL and then if they make something new than maybe 4 but I dont understand why they didnt make sure that the power was there as that seemed to be the biggest complaint for the WiiU. The Switch is more powerful but not as much as I hoped.

Whatever could be the reasoning behind this lol.

One of them is going to be just a cheaper normal console without the portable shit, just like the 2DS is a cheaper 3DS without the 3D.

I can't possibly be wrong about this one.

The Switch is going to be Nintendo's iPad/iPhone. Calling it now. Instead of new consoles you're just going to see stronger hardware and higher resolution displays every 5 years.

It's already mentioned in the thread that it's likely due to web browser being key to breaking both the 3DS and Wii U. Unless they make their own browser from scratch, they have to open source it, which means people can find their errors and exploit the system.

An XL means better hardware and games exclusive to that model simply because you’d need the hardware to push the greater number of pixels to the larger screen. Either that or they just scale up the screen, which would look like shit.

The filedropper links aren't fucking working.

I don't think they're retarded enough to do something that's currently getting Microsoft and Sony heavy criticism. Handheld revisions sure, console revisions beyond increased storage-space no.

Why would it be more justifiable with a handheld instead of a home console? Besides, the switch is a handheld.

Except performance gains with handheld hardware are greater. The PS4 Pro is barely an upgrade and the Scropio will probably be $500. But at the rate Nvidia is developing Tegra in 5 years you could easily see a chip that's magnitudes stronger than the current Switch chip, for the same and power consumption.

It isn't, really, but they're already doing it, Game Boy Light/GBA SP/DS Lite/DSi/N3DS. Switch is a handheld insofar as much as it's portable, Nintendo wants it to be their home console (up until it proves a success at which point they'll drop the 3DS and the "home console" bit like an ugly baby). After that they may start doing hardware revisions, if you ask me, but more likely is that they'll do successors ie a Switch 2.

< Nintendo knows they are going to be more dead than this guy soon.

Desperation must be setting in as they realize that nobody want's their awful new console after all.

can i play splatoon with this?

Wasn't there a rumor about their being up-gradable Switch TV docks that could increase the visual output when docked?

Not new hardware, just older hardware in a smaller design. No loss of compatible games.
Now these are upgrades, with their own few "exclusive games" because of the new better hardware. (and DSi having access to downloadble DSiWare games).

Entirely unfounded speculation. There is no additional rendering hardware in the dock. It only disables power-saving features to improve performance while AC is plugged in, much like a laptop.

I think only 2, the Switch and the Switch portable, anything else is pointless, an XL Switch would require larger joycons, there will only be 1 size for Joycons, the Switch portable won't feature the Joycons, it will be more like the 2ds, no HD rumble, no IR camera, dock not included, it will be around the size of a Vita, $180 at launch, Switch portable dock will be sold separately, will need Joycons or Pro controller to use it while docked, of course sold separately.

Nah, the hardware would have to sell very very well, as in 50 mil plus a year, and Iphones are priced at a point where Apple make around 40% profit per phone sold, even Japanese devs who had an intimate knowledge of the hardware were unsure how Nintendo were able to hit the $300 price and turn a profit.

Docks that increase power sounds retarded, you're talking about an additional peripheral that few uses will own and few developers will support, I think the rumour was more based around it being possible than anything else.

The WiiU already did that, Hyrule Warriors has two fucking season passes I shit you not.

3DS too since Hyrule Warriors Legends has its own season pass for DLC content and came with all Wii U DLC free

Either this leak is fake and gay if they're taking from Holla Forums to make it seem legit, or an anonymous leakerfag was actually right for once.

Unless you have cognitive issues, it should have been fucking obvious to you that was a real leak.

There IS actually a browser built in, its usage is just restricted.

dystify.com/Features/contents/Pages/Page_107323164.html

I'm sure there will be a way to exploit it.

dummy dummy dummy
dummy dummy dummy

It says saves aren't synced automatically. That, to me, means there is an option to do it, but it's defaulted to OFF.

Might be ads for other games, or updates/dev blogs, stuff like that.

Some 3DS consoles didn't ship with a browser. If it has internet capability, they're add it soon enough.

It's called hackers you immense faggot. And yes, they will find a way some day, but it might take a while. For some reason Nintendo hackers are moralfags of the highest degree. Basically, if you see Mathieulh somewhere in the scene, it means it will stagnate for quite a while. You can recognize that massive faggot because he always ends every post he makes with "just my two cents." He was a cancer in the PS3 scene and then the 3ds scene afterwards, always making drama with other hackers and developers, keeping useful exploits to himself while teasing about them on Youtube, and worst of all: Reporting said exploits to the jew overlords so they could patch them.

doing a bit of research and watching that video. I'm beginning to see why the switch only has 4 gigs of ram. Since there's BARELY any additional features or an operating system. that ram is completely dedicated to the games and that's why the additional shit is thrown onto smartphone apps…. it's still retarded though. If they didn't want to jack up the cost on ram, they shouldn't have spent all that money on that fucking IR camera sensor shit on the joy con.

NINTARDO

I'm honestly kind of glad they took this approach. The OS on Wii U took up a whopping 1GB of RAM and it was almost never used because it was reserved for that absolutely fucking retarded video chat function. Who the fuck ever used that shit?

If these leaks are real then the Switch has 4GB RAM, of which only 500-ish MB are used for the OS. It's still a little bloated IMO (you can get fully fledged Linux systems running on 256MB nowadays) but it's a lot better than the competition, and certainly less retarded than the fucking Wii U.

It has the advantage of being a more modular approach – don't want to listen to edgy 10 year olds calling people niggers and numales begging you not to splat them? don't download the app. Don't wanna use parental controls? Don't download the app. It's kinda convenient until you remember you need a dedicated botnet device to access those features should you ever want them.

It does make me wonder if Nintendo would've been better off going with an Android based system for their OS. How much RAM does Android take on modern devices?