Nightmare into Movie

Nightmare into Movie

So hear me out Holla Forums I had a really cool nightmare that ended up sounding really entertaining when i thought about it. Dont care f someone steals the idea, but i'd love to see it become a movie.

Main star is Tom Felton (oddly specific but thats who it was) and he has to visit his clinically insane brother. its a normal hospital and he is bed ridden (brother can be any actor didnt put a face to him) Tom felton's character asks about his condition and how he is doing, to which the brother tells him how he is losing his patience with the doctors and they are slowly disappearing from the hospital.

The staff doesnt seem to notice anyone missing, the brother then goes onto explain that the hospital is not normal and that at night he see's a very grotesque creature with 2 disfigured arms that travels in the air vents and murders the staff.

Felton's character then proceeds to brush off the conversation, cut to 2 weeks later Felton's character gets a phone call about his brother missing and he proceeds to go and locate him somewhere in the hospital.

pic related, its what the monster would look like but alot smaller and more of a flash sack

Other urls found in this thread:

electricliterature.com/was-1984s-the-terminator-a-harlan-ellison-rip-off-27f52272af11
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Part 2

basic premise is Felton's character enters the hospital but it leads to another version of it, kind of like silent hill but in the sense that everything is warped and covered in black rust.

I woke up before the dream could come to and end, but it can go either way, I just really liked the sound of something original in terms of a horror movie featuring an actor not familiar with the genre, and have the sense of danger throughout the hospital considering the monster can travel above its prey.

no one cares about your shit dream

Fun fact Terminator was based on a nightmare Cameron had fun fact. Write a script. Spend at least an hour a day on it and in a year there it’ll be.

Write a script fag

I had a dream I was hunting monsters in a haunted house and got ahead of my squadmates in a dark room when something grabbed me and knocked me out. Rest of my team busted into the room later but didn't find me because I was locked in a cabinet with a puppet hag up against my head trying to eat my eyes.

Neat

this

keep going

I’d watch. I’d like to see Tom Felton in a horror film. I think he’d do it pretty well.

"It's in the vents" is cliched as shit. It should just be a weird crawling flesh sack, maybe not even have arms.

I'd watch this
t. kino expert

Not OP but I have an idea to add:
It should be a psychiatric hospital/sanatorium. Have you been to hospitals lately? Bright color schemes and pastel colors, not scary at all. Even in horror films when they put a lens filter, hospitals never look scary to me.

The creature is specifically attracted to the sanatorium because its a place where many people's perceptions of 'reality' and 'sanity' differ wildly. It is able to reach our world from its realm because the barrier between realities here is thin. But it doesn't feed off emotions or some gay shit like that, it just eats the people, period.

Actually it was a ripoff from an Outer Limits episode, whose writer sued and won.
How stupid can you be, honestly

Ah, the boundless limits of imagination

Kill yourself with gas.

After you write your script, find a drawfag to make a comic out of it. Nobody will ever read your script, but everybody will read your comic.

Cameron is a liar. The reason "Inspired by Harlan Ellison" is in the credits now is because Ellison rightfully sued him. Watch the Outer Limits episodes "Demon With a Glass Hand" "Soldier" and read his story "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream". All the Terminator plot elements are taken from those. The only thing Cameron came up with was a spooky metal skeleton which someone else probably designed anyway and filming Schwarzeneggar's bare ass. He's a hack.

So Silent Hill + Alien? Not really original but I'd watch it because I like watching horror movies even if they're not very original. As long as you are ripping off horror classics you might give it a slight lovecraftian twist with an ancient mysterious artifact buried at the site that draws, causes and uses insanity as fuel. As it gets more powerful, it can create vivid nightmare worlds where it traps its victims. Throw in some atmosphere from Event Horizon and In the Mouh of Madness, a little bit of body horror with practical effects and it could be a very spicy movie. Give it a more insane and nightmarish feel with the layout changing around and never being explained or acknowledged.

The old Cook County Hospital in Chicago would be a great model for set design

does anyone else see the smiley face on the wall in that second pic?

its a chain

No you kys
electricliterature.com/was-1984s-the-terminator-a-harlan-ellison-rip-off-27f52272af11

well done user ;)

I had a strange experience two years ago that would make a great jumping off point for a psychological thriller.

I was living in the suburbs outside of a mid-sized city in the midwest going to grad school. My house was directly across the street from the bus stop I took every morning to work. You could see the stop out my living room window it was that close. Point being, I saw this bus stop every day, multiple times a day.

There was nothing remarkable about the bus stop. It was just a sign and a little-cut out in the curb for the bus to pull in to. It was situated by the corner of the block, about 10 feet from a utility pole. There was nothing remarkable about the utility pole except it used to always have a bunch of birds on it every morning. Being an animalfag, I used to watch the birds squawk and dive off the utility pole to get food all the time.
Fast forward a year and a half of seeing this bus stop and utility pole every day. One morning, I come outside to catch the bus, and I notice this briefcase-sized white box with large antennas sticking out of it on the utility pole. It looked similar to pic related except about twice as large and attached to the pole, not the wires. I found it odd that it was put up over night, since it was not there when I got home the night before. I didn't think too much of it, but I did keep an eye out for other similar boxes around the city.

I never saw another one on any utility pole. Not on my block, not on my street, not on my bus route. Not anywhere I looked in the city. I started to think it was sort of strange that the mysterious white box that appeared over night only appeared right outside my house.

I started to ask around online but no one could give me an answer as to what it exactly could be. Someone asked me to take a picture and post it, so I went outside, took a few pictures of it, and posted them. No one really knew. A few anons said maybe it was WiFi or 4G related stuff, but pointed out it was odd there were no other ones in the city.

The very next morning, I woke up and the box was gone. Again, they must have uninstalled it over night, since I had just taken a photo of it when I got home from work the day before. I was seriously freaked out for a bit. This thing appeared out of nowhere - and only in front of my house - and when I started taking pictures of it and asking about it online, it was taken down immediately. I kept an eye out for another one for over a year and never saw one anywhere else.

yea if you want to get some kind of lung disease

What is that picture from? Looks cool.

2spoopy4metbh

So essentially the Skull of Corruption from The Elder Scrolls games?

wasnt that in the fugitive?

Yeah it was

bump

Alright Holla Forums let’s discuss this. I am a huge fan of Harlan Ellison. I try to find all of his works because it is difficult to find some of them in-person. Barnes & Noble doesn’t even seem to stock him in their stores, but you can get them easily online.

Ellison is Jewish. Ellison writes about his experiences being bullied (for being Jewish) as a child, more than he actually writes about Judaism. Ellison participated in the Civil Rights marches of the 60’s with MLKJ himself. Ellison is a prolific litigator who frequently files lawsuits against works that seem ripped-off from his or for more payment as a writer. Ellison is also a proponent for free speech (no matter how inflammatory).

Overall I still like Harlan and his ethos overall. I would even go as far to call him /our/jew. Harlan seems to me like an intellectual first and foremost. This is evident in his film reviews from the 70’s and 80’s (where he even shat on Soy Wars during its original release), and The Glass Teat where he talks about degenerate TV and it’s effect.

With The Terminator and Soldier, I do see a resemblance to the story, but certain elements are undeniably the work of Cameron. It’s more likely that Cameron incorporated the concepts from a wide-variety of science fiction into The Terminator, but Ellison’s were most evident. The original short-story of Soldier does not involve a robot combatant being sent back in time, just the soldier himself, the story is very anti-war more than anything. The Outer Limits episode was an updated version of the story still by Ellison.

In the end though I don’t think Cameron deliberately ripped-off any one story. You can’t own the idea of ‘a soldier is sent back in time’ or even ‘a soldier and a robot are sent back in time’. The Terminator works so well as a movie because of the characters in it. You feel Kyle Reese’s determination and confusion as he goes about his mission. You understand Sarah’s initial disbelief and her eventually accepting Kyle’s story feels natural.

At the end of the day though a Jewish writer sued an up-and-coming filmmaker and got more monthly shekels out of it. Go figure

Attached: 963A9F4B-FAF2-4990-B719-3ED9CFC60C36.jpeg (683x1024, 150.48K)

The story though is that Cameron said all kinds of weird things during filming like ‘HARLAN CAN’T KNOW ABOUT THIS!’ that can be verified. He acted like he was guilty and that he had ripped off the two episodes of Outer Limits that Harlan had written.

I honestly think Terminator is different enough from them but Cameron certainly seemed pretty guilty about it, which is what got Harlan’s attention in the first place.

Attached: 1513285873561.png (601x508, 126.8K)

What is your favorite of his (Ellison's) works?

You're just repeating his ass-covering lie, you moron.
He steals shit all the time. Steals and never credits.
The whole look of Avatar is stolen from Roger Dean's old YES album cover art.

But you can't say that when Ellison was able to prove providence, that he was literally the guy who originated the ideas that were being cribbed.
It's not like today where there's endless fanfic available and any faggot can be a published or produced writer and largely just mashes familiar concepts together.

He and his contemporaries INVENTED this shit.

the face of mental illness

the whole idea of copyright is retarded garbage anyway, who the fuck cares except rich parasites who buy up the patents?

OP here, didnt think this thread would still be alive for so long.

No its not a xeno morph but yeah i can see where you would get the idea since its primary means of travel is the vents.

also Its hard to dexcribe what it looks like but imagine the dude from 300 thats all deformed but just his upper body mushed together and misshapen. it would make weird grunting noises like it has trouble breathing.

the silent hill theme is another thing i'd like to re-asses since it wouldnt be entirely black mold and such. just think of alternate worlds and how you want them to look in terms of being otherworldly

Memoes From Purgatory, because some of it is definitely fiction and some of it is definitely true. I like to read it and decide which parts sound most likely. Interesting story of a bygone time too.

What if it was a found footage VHS cassette of people in an abandoned asylum in a forest, being stalked by a weird, supernatural monster like the one you describe?

Attached: KIEFER-2012-Nigredo.jpg (640x325, 98.22K)

Is this so? I had never heard any reports of a Cameron doing things like that on set, but I don’t really watch behind-the-scenes features or things like that. I’m more of a ‘view the finished product and nothing else’ kind of guy.

It’s true, but significant elements of A Boy and His Dog were incorporated into every Fallout game (even simple ideas like underground shelters with fake-happy cultures and shady rulers), but this doesn’t seem to be a problem for anyone.

Even the Skynet/AM parallels fall apart, Skynet is sort of unseen and unheard in the original Terminator, it is only mentioned being a player in the future.

AM is not exactly seen, but he plays a central role in the ‘I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream’ story. His holding of 5 humans for infinite torture has become the basis of dozens of TV, film, and stories. But Skynet seems like hardly a take on that story, just another sentient computer which is a popular story these days (thanks to Harlan)

That's worse than what Op said he thought of