Give me one reason the Switch will fail that isn't one of the following

Give me one reason the Switch will fail that isn't one of the following

There is a grand total of one (1) game that doesn't allow for use of the Pro Controller.

It's the size of a 3DSXL/Vita with the Joycons removed.

It's three hours running BoTW with things like brightness at 100% and wi-fi on, so this is a non-issue. If there's ever a situation where you'll be playing it for more than three hours, there'll be an outlet.

Because mobile games are trash? Console quality games cannot run on most smartphones/tablets, and those that do are much, MUCH more expensive than the Switch, and will still have a subpar library (Skyrim will never come out on Android for example).

Zelda, Bomberman, Snipperclips, and Fast RMX will easily tide people over, but regardless, the Vita had more launch titles than the 3DS, and the fucking Wii U had more launch titles than any other console this decade.

Maybe because everybody already owns a PS4? I mean hey, you know you could get a much better deal on PS3's back in 2013 but whaddyaknow, the PS4 still sold extremely well.

To play them on the go, maybe? Have you considered that?

Other urls found in this thread:

qz.com/732180/the-pokemon-go-craze-has-started-a-run-on-portable-battery-chargers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nintendo

Because it's an overpriced underpowered gimmick console that doesn't sell itself as a handheld you can plug to your TV but rather as the opposite.
I want to say paid online but goyim are sheep and already eat that up.

People will mistake it as an addon for the WiiU like how they mistook the WiiU as an addon for the Wii.

/thread

Have you forgotten that the 3DS didn't exactly have a stellar launch? Nintendo stuck with it, but it took a massive price cut in its first year to save the thing (and this was with no other current gen handheld on the market yet). The Switch will be facing tougher competition and doesn't have a much better set of launch titles (it at least has Zelda as a system seller, but not a whole lot else).

Normalfags have forgotten the Wii U even existed, and this doesn't use the word "Wii" anywhere.

no F-zero or Metroid

Exactly, I stopped playing games like Splatoon, Mario, Smash Bros, and Bayonetta because I can get klondike, bowling, pool, and match 3 games on my phone. I could never go back, the experience of playing such deep games on a mobile device is fantastic.

Hurr durr what's 2+2? But you're not allowed to answer with any form of 4.

Trying to sell it as a handheld in spite of having shit battery life.
Still not pandering to your average console cuck while still pissing off your original fan base.
And, of course, Nintendo_________

I really hope it fails hard and Nintendo stops making anything that can be considered a homeconsole for good. Maybe even drop console development altogether, either would be good. They should downsize and go third party.

You kid but starlight stage is actually fun.
Now if I could only git gud.

Yes buy our superior games on our proprietary hardware! You know its good because we spend most of our money on advertising!

If the switch fails, it will likely be due to, in great part, the same reason why the WiiU has such a thin library; third party developers will have to cater to the unorthodox and comparatively weaker hardware and hardware architecture. If you develop a game for the Xbox or Playstation, porting it so it's on both consoles is relatively easy, but if you now want your game on a WiiU, you have to reverse engineer the entire thing and then build assets that the console can handle. Even if you were prepared to do that though, you also have to wrestle with the WiiU's uncanny hardware architecture. Case and point, the WiiU primarily operates off of a massive CPU that handles both pure calculations AND graphics, though there is a small GPU that handles what the CPU can't. This completely changes how you have to program your game, because now you have to design a graphics solution that will work with a CPU if you want your game to not run like dogshit. There's much more, but that's the biggest one I've heard of, search up "Wii U Hadrware Explanation" or something similar if you want to see for yourself.

Essentially, you have two options now: design your game specifically for the WiiU, or make it for the Xbox/Playstation, and then do a copy-paste port. The latter ensures your game will reach a wider audience, and will look prettier to boot, both of which increase profit margins significantly. If this same situation applies to the Switch, it's likely it'll play out the same way.

EB Games GAME and Gamestop all encouraging scalpers and diminishing the potential purchase reach that the switch has day one leading to poor launch software sales.

For the record, this is the most realistic hamper to its success that would have a real effect on software production for the system, and isn't some flowery subjective bullshit based on how much a "gimmick" it is, despite having a standard controller.

KEK
E
K

So was the ps4 but everyone bought it. is the real reason.

Nintendo does Other M levels of retarded shit to their biggest games.

Currently. Half a month before release.
And we all know how just like Sony pushing PS4 devs into "utilizing" the touchy feely part of the controller, Nintendo will "encourage" devs to include waggle gimmicks into their games, to ensure people don't feel cheated that they don't get to experience the glory that is HD VIBRATION.

It weighs almost twice as much as a Vita, and what's the fucking point of talking about how big it is with the fucking controls removed?
What are you going to do, use the kickstand on the bus or in the car backseat?

Three whole hours? Well golly gosh that sure is a long time!
I remember back in the days when you could get ~24 hours of play from a portable game device, and when the very notion that the portable game device had lower than 12 hours of play was preposterous.

When did 3 fucking hours suddenly become amazing? Call back when it's >9 hours and I might raise an eyebrow.

And please fuck off with your outlet argument, it's not portable if you need to sit tethered to a fucking power outlet.

Excuse you, console quality games can very much run on most smartphones and tablets.
Have you had a look recently at the current capabilities of modern mobile hardware compared to that of the GC/PS2/etc?

Just because there's not a huge chink company promising riches and fanboys to game developers it doesn't mean the hardware is incompatible, it just means that Bethesda doesn't have a good enough reason (read: potential revenue) to spend money porting [Crouch and Dagger Simulator 2000] to iOS and Android, when they can just as well cash in on the microtransaction happy kids with Fallout Shelter.

Meme game that is bound to disappoint due to overhype, copypaste of an old game with added 3D, muh social joycon gimmick game and generic futuristic racing game #39873. Such strong launch library. Much wow.

Wait, that's your argument? "People will prefer Switch over PS4 because everyone already owns a PS4"

You mean on the console that at best can support 3 hours of "portable" gameplay?
The console that mind you was designed with portability as an afterthought so that kiddies could play Generic Mario Game #4935 while in bed or while their parents are watching netflix.

Why the hell would I spend double the amount of money to play a game "on the go" on a console that NINTENDO THEMSELVES have said isn't a replacement for whatever portable console they're going to shit out after New 3DS 2.0 Extreme Edition or whatever their latest *DS iteration is called.

A reason it will fail? I don't care at all. Nintendo has failed to make me give a single fuck so all the talk about it annoys me to the point I just shut down and walk away when it's brought up.

(1) and done

Lets see if I can get 2

even the wii u had f zero as a minigame

Reminder not to bump cuckchan tier threads which are likely crossposts.
The Bitch will succeed because it appeals to normalfags and the Nintentoddlers will gobble it up just like anything Jewtendo puts out.
Go back to NeoGaf 2.0

Nintendo only makes children's games, and they never manage to attract third party support. Since kids are now playing with smartphones and tablets instead, Nintendo's market is rapidly vanishing. All the reasons you list are also valid, but secondary to what will end up killing the Switch.

Oops, I fell for it.

wew

Hardware power. Sure it's adequate right now but if they don't release a Super Switch 2 in 5 years that's just a Switch with much stronger hardware then it's gonna fall behind the Scorpio and whatever PS4 Pro Elite or whatever that Sony will probably try to push a few years from now. Then just like the WiiU devs will drop it just because they don't want to neuter muh graphix to get it to run on the device.

Stopped reading there. You have to go back
>>>/reddit/
>>>/oven/

(checked)

Ayy lmao. Probably a console waring cuckchanner.
(checked)

See, now this is some maximum shilling.
I'm just gonna see what happens.

This shit is literally a Nintendo branded Nvidia tablet with some gimmicky controllers and features attached to it along with Nintendo exclusives and more third party support.
Its going to sell, the normalfags will eat this shit up, graphics or not.

Wii sold because Wii Sports was bundled in and old people loved that shit(Especially the fucking bowling). Unless the Switch gets a 1-2 Switch bundle for normalfags to buy during the holdiay season it's not gonna be the same level of successful.

It's not the lack of launch titles, but almost every game playable on or near release, in addition to almost every game being released in the near future is either playable on another (much cheaper) console already or has been out for years.

Why would people be excited for games released in 2014? Or worse, games released in 2011.

I don't think it will fail, but I know I won't buy it due to paid online.

I'll give you two.

Anyone who gives a rat's ass about Zelda, Mario Kart and Splatoon already owns a WiiU and can therefore play 95% of the Switch's proposed library.
Anyone who owns a Wii has either already moved onto a WiiU, PS4, Xbone or simply moved to tablets or handhelds

Gonna need an update with the Switch instead of the Wii U.

Assets aren't really a defining factor for performance now a days. It would be easier that way. What's really limiting now when it comes to adjusting a game for weaker hardware are the effects (lighting and shaders for the most part). Regardless, the biggest fuck up on Nintendo's side is, as usual, cutting themselves out of third party titles by having an architecture and hardware that is nothing like the others. Back when the Wii was released, all the consoles were more or less different from one another, the wii was the most accessible one along with the 360, while the PS3 was a pain in the butt to program for but had similar capacity to that of the 360. That and the good starting sales gave the Wii a healthy 3rd party support.
Now the situation is very different, the new Nintendo console is dropping on a market with 3 platforms that are almost identical (the PS4 is still a bit harder to port games to since it isn't just OpenGL API on an x86 based system), the top selling multiplat titles wouldn't run well on the Switch and the chances of kicking off with stellar sales from the get go are rather low (shit release date, poor marketing campaign, etc). At most, it will have 6-10 titles worth a sack of shit (not even good, just worth playing, the actually good titles are likely going to be less) being released over the course of 3 years.
The titles that make full use of the motion controllers won't play well when the console is being used as a handheld on the go, the other titles won't get a lot of parents into buying this console for their kids.

that kid's got some big arms

He is a big kid.

Consoles are dying. No one buys dedicated devices any more, even a DVD player is too situational. Laptops, tablets, and phones or the normal fags ain't touching them.

Why is this? I'm legitimately curious.

Higher resolution doesn't contribute to gameplay, only whether the game looks crisp and everything is visible which is likely on such a tiny screen.
If you need higher resolutions to help with gameplay then it's a badly designed game in the first place.

seems so

The Switch will be a huge success. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a complete idiot.

They get the same marketing team who created the ads/marketing for the Wii U.

wiiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Name three worthwhile gaming devices like this. The original Game Boy and the AAA-battery powered Game Boy Pocket both maxed out at 10 hours.

While we're at it, can you name any situations where you'd be somewhere for three hours without an outlet or car adapter input?

Just because the hardware is from a mobile device in 2014, costing half the price doesn't inheritly mean the gameplay is good.
Just because a game is running in 720p does not excuse the argument "I don't need good resolutions I need good gameplay". You, as a consumer, are retarded for having this mindset.
A good game offers both graphical and gameplay achievement, in addition to other things such as story and soundtrack.

720p in 2017 is unacceptable. No manner of gameplay justifies this.

Because modern hardware, engines and APIs have no issues handling more poly within a reasonable limit. Lowering the poly count doesn't make the game run better. Depending on the hardware, lowering the textures can help (specially with some games that offer really high texture resolution for PC, where ram can be stupidly plentiful).
Light effects on the other hand can get REALLY demanding and everyone and their grandma is going after the latest dynamic light effect+PBR because it is what makes the game stand out.

3 hours is too small of a margin, if you miss even one chance to charge it, you're fucked. Not to mention 3 hours is the innitial battery life, that battery won't last 3 hours after a half a year of use, it will be closer to 2.5 hours. Also consider that you will get your console into idle between playing sessions while out of your house, that's what most people do with other handhelds at least, the 3 hour is total usage time, it doesn't consider the battery consumption while the console is on stand by.
A lot of people have 2 hours of buss+train on the way to work with 1 hour of lunch. Not to mention kids going to the dentist or going for dinner with their parents and so on.
3 hours is simply not acceptable.

I'd argue that good resolution is important on a lot of games. I'm not getting a VR headset because resolution is shit and I couldn't use it to play simulators or ARMA properly. Then again, resolution might not be as important for the kind of game Nintendo makes.

1) Long and busy transport such as trains, busses and aeroplanes where you have no direct access to a plug. You're not always guaranteed a socket next to your seat, especially if you have to take the aisle seat.

2) Within a public area such as campuses, centers and other places of congregation where a plug is accessible but often in an inconvenient location. Even then there is no guarantee that they won't be already utilised, or if you are going to be seated near one.

3) During a power outage in either select areas of accommodation or the entire building. In one recent situation, I was required to use an extension lead from a hallway into my room which granted me a limited number of sockets - and would not need to waste one on charging a device.

4) On a camping trip, or outdoor activity where you find yourself having a free afternoon and little to do. To move yourself to another area just to have to charge the device is a massive inconvenience.

In addition, if you were considering bringing your device over to a friend's house, having to worry about lugging around a charger is another inconvenience.
The idea of a portable, handheld device is to utilise them as a portable, handheld device. If you wished to marathon a new game on this device for 24 hours, and found yourself having to sit and charge it for 7-8 times a day then you're better off getting a console that is permanently plugged in.

This is a portable device that offers none of the benefits of a portable device and all the cons.
In addition it is a home console that offers none of the benefits of a home console and all of the cons.

I know that this is probably bait but here you go op, fuck you're arbitrary restrictions:

Launch window is Wii U deja vu, a few good games (and that's assuming a lot considering the launch lineup, but best case scenario here) is just not as good as a large variety of titles to buy, for the consumer quality trumps quanitity, but for the bottom line of a company, quantity is VERY important, notice how all of the major yearly releases at the time tried to coordinate their launch with the (at the time) next gen consoles. It's to make as much money as possible, assuming Nintendo keeps to their third party commitment promises as well as they did for Wii U, I think it's safe to assume that outside of a few fellow nip companies they're going to be all on their own for putting games together for this thing, which only makes the weak launch window worse, if there's no or few good games to begin with and then you have droughts of multiple months of nothing (a lot like the Wii U did on and off for 2 years) than sales are just gunna be shit, it's as simple as that.

Other than that I see the form factor of the thing being an issue, it's too small for a decent resolution, but too big to be easily portable, It's not awfully un-intuitive, it seems to be going for a tablet look, feel, usability, but I just don't know if it's going to work out, the battery life is another issue, but a USB charging port makes that less of a hassle than a 3DS with it's special charger adapter

Also the controls look uncomfortably small and uneven, why can't companies understand that parallel joysticks just work

I never said good gameplay mattered more than good graphics, I said resolution shouldn't affect gameplay.
Pic 1 related is an example of resolution that affects because the game was designed for 720p but was put on a 3DS for god knows what, thus detracting from it.
Pic 2 is a game designed for the resolution and probably would not benefit from a resolution increase.

I was saying that having a 720p screen means games will continue working with such (unless it's a garbage port of a AAA game that people on Holla Forums hate anyways), and nothing will really be lost as a result.

That's kinda what I meant. Even if a game will be 1080p when docked, they should still work fine on the 720p screen when undocked. Nothing is really lost.
In games designed for them yes, as shown in the Blazblue example.

That's how batteries used to be, things have changed with Li-Ion and other shit like that.
Where do people work where there are no electrical outlets? A lot of those commuter buses have outlets, too, not to mention Greyhound buses, the Amtrak, and flying on passenger airlines that aren't shit like Delta or Alaska. Even the ones with older fleets like Southwest and American have outlets at their gates.
I don't know what part of the Applachians you're from, but my dentist and doctor are both within 30 minutes of where I live.

It'll fail because there will be nothing but shit games outside of a select few just like any other shit console.

It's difficult to predict if the console will fail because of the weird state of the industry. So far the marketing behind it has been solid and the console has potential.

So it doesn't matter how logical, cynical or edgy you are, we all have to wait and see. It will come down to $$$ and if the console pulls some good numbers it will get support/games

I know for a fact Delta, KLM, ANA, and Alaska all have outlets. Even carriers with older fleets like American and Southwest have outlets at their gates. If you regularly fly transcontinental routes and can't find a carrier that has them, you need to find a better airline.

I hate to go all Quentin on you here, but what kind of autist goes to the park in broad daylight to play Monster Hunter on their 3DS?

I'll give you the power outage and camping trips, but the other reasons are weak.

user. I do Airshit and have some RC cars. Even high end Li-Ion or Li-poly batteries decay after time and use. Same shit with cellphones.

People who work on production lines and don't feel like leaving a 300 bucks device on the office/lunch area while they assemble some shit. People who don't feel like letting everyone know they play with a little kid electronic toy.

Again, you're assuming people never lose the chance to recharge and, truth to be told, people have cellphones running out of battery all the fucking time, it is not because they are 24/7 in the middle of a forest, it is because you can't expect them to be infallible with the recharging time, they have other shit to do, they get distracted, they get lazy. 3 hours leaves you with no room for mistakes.

all major consoles have potential behind them. They need to actually make the games that people want in order for that potential to become reality. That's the real question, whether nintendo can actually make good games or continue reaching for a wider audience. But I'm betting this is just a test console for their actual money maker that will be the sucessor to the 3DS.

Congratulations, a device is convenient for you. Therefore because a device is convenient for you, it will also be convenient for the other 7 billion people in this world.

There will never be a moment in the world where a potential owner of a switch will find themselves faced with 3 hours without convenient access to a free socket. This is because it is convenient to you.

All hail this device because it is convenient to you. Suddenly 3 hours for a handheld device is now acceptable because you can spend all your time having it plugged in.
If only we had devices that were permanently plugged in and therefore did not have to suffer for hardware, wouldn't that be convenient?

Although you are right that resolution does not affect gameplay, the hardware of a device does to an extent affect gameplay.
Weaker hardware means a device is incapable of processing many things at once, incapable of running newer engines that can handle more complex and demanding games.

Although I am going off on a tangent, this is irrelevant to the previous argument.
Purely looking at it from perspective of a resolution standpoint, this is still unacceptable for a modem device released in 2017, costing as much as the switch does.

A higher resolution would make the battery last even less (3 hours is already absolutely unacceptable as you said).
To counter that, they would need a battery with more mah juice, which would make it even heavier (already too fucking heavy for a handheld).
Everything is already at the limit. The thing tries to hard to fall in between and do home console and handheld at the same time. I am fairly certain that -as usual- that "multipropose" approach won't end up nicely.

You're also speaking to someone who isn't even in the US, but the UK. That means nothing to me.
If I wished to catch a megabus for example, and failed to get a window seat next to a socket what then? Yes, they have sockets, but I do not have convenient access to it… They may be in use already, but that is okay because it's unheard of someone going 3 hours without access to a socket.

Not in broad daylight at all, but to quote a recent example I was required to remain in a building for several hours to help lock up. I had brought my laptop to pass the time given I had recently finished the book I was on, but let's assume for a moment that I was using a switch.
The chairs in the lounge area were not near sockets, and I personally wouldn't trust leaving a device like that unattended for periods of time. Would I be forced to stand by the wall like an autist while my device is being charged? Yes, I would.

I guess so. It's probably why Splatoon 2 only has two private spectator slots and not a free spectating mode, but maybe they just haven't revealed it yet.
If people want to make powerful games, they should make them PC exclusive.
I don't give a hot shit that my phone is 1080p so maybe it's a subjective thing, I was a poorfag until recently. If I would ever start a game dev studio I'd forcibly make the artists work with style over processing power because I'm looking out for the other poorfags

I heard that it was lighter than a N3DSXL, which is honestly space magic if that's true.

Good goy

Except ARM is easy as fuck to program for and people have already been doing it for the 3DS and mobile devices.

Stronger than expected sales of the 3DS in 2016 means parents just bought their kids a portable Nintendo system (with a huge library.)

The notion that the Switch will receive all the games is already debunked with the next Fire Emblem for 3DS releasing after the Switch's launch.

Nintendo supported their last home console for just 4 years, and released 3 hardware revisions of their last portable - that's a terrible track record. Both competing console makers have released or are going to release updated hardware. If you want the best version of the Switch it makes sense to wait.

With gamers and parents waiting to buy a Switch, the install base will be low. A low install base and shitty hardware means no multiplats, again. Wii U's low sales dispelled the myth that Nintendo consoles will sell just fine with only Nintendo games.

IT'S DOOMED

Easy to program for =/= Easy to port games to

Honestly I think the battery life isn't an issue since it's got a usb-c port. Even if you don't have the time to plug it in on the go can still plug it into an external battery pack.
Now 3rd party support, that's a different story.

It is actually 20% heavier.

They won't program for it if there is no market and as said, one thing is to make a game for it and another is to port stuff. You're, from the get go, alienating all the casuals who play CoD, BF, etc. You're dropping into a market with 21 million users using the Ps4 services, about half of that on Xbone users and a good chunk of people that owns console and is not buying consoles anymore.

They NEED a very good start in order to get more studios to make 3rd party games. There are very few 3rd party titles announced to be in development, that's not a good sign.

That's utter bullshit too. An already overly large and heavy handheld that relies on external batteries to make a do is shit. You're removing portability a from all fronts, relying on additional shit, not being able to fit it in any pocket and so on.
Again, the approach is bad, they fell between the homeconsole and the handheld and won't end up delivering either.

No that's how batteries ARE because how fucking chemistry works.

No matter how many times Apple and co tells you that their batteries are SPESHUL and lasts forever and ever because of space age magic, it doesn't change the fact that Li-Ion batteries degrade over time. ESPECIALLY with a console that has only 3 hours of battery time and thus is bound to be charged several times in one day.

And because Nintendo is bound to go for a 100% charge each recharge to shove that battery life ruler all the way to the root of the dick for the sake of spec numbers and press, you can be sure that your battery won't last for more than ~400 charge cycles before it starts going to shit.

This means that if you charge your switch 3 times a day, you have about 4 months of use before your battery capacity goes down to 70%, and from that point on it's just going to get increasingly worse.
6 months in you'll have about half of those promised 3 hours, another 3 months and you'll be getting maybe 15 minutes.

I'm willing to bet money that 6 months after release, when everyone is complaining about shrinking battery life, Nintendo will pull an Apple and graciously offer us a battery replacement service for the low low price of only $99.

doomed since 89

You do realize that the average person has a power bank for their smart phone right? I mean I have one for my phone, plus a battery case for it as well. So what you consider a negative point is at best a neutral point.
But you can, it's about the same size as N3DSXL without the joycons attached, so all ya gotta do is carry the joycons in another pocket.
This criticizing about the specs of the console is irrelevant what matters is if the 3rd party devs stay around for this console.

And you will need two if you want to have the Nintendo tablet.

And where do I carry my cellphone?

It is not irrelevant because those usability issues are what will keep people from buying this shit. Are you stupid?

Show me a source or blow it out your ass.

Which they won't because the hardware is already gimped as it is compared to proper consoles, which means you'll have to cut texture resolution, model complexity, clutter, effects and more for it to run at above 10FPS, even more so when the console instructs the game to enter "Low power mode" as it is detached and have to clock down even further in order to not drain the battery in half an hour.

So you can either choose to spend minimal effort developing your game for PS4/XBONE (which are inherently compatible with one another due to using the same architecture) which will look good, or you can choose to spend resources developing exclusively for what is essentially an ARM tablet, working within narrow specs where the end result will comparatively look like an N64 port.

I know what option I would choose.
Hint: It's the one that means more money. Which isn't the gimped niche console.

And if you truly make full use of the hardware of the Switch, you can't sell it for the average ARM tablet. It might end up getting ports from tablet games, which are bound to be shit because it is an awful market design from the ground up to appeal to the lowest denominator in terms of game complexity and whatnot.

They got themselves on a shitty situation, it will be even worse if they release a new 3DS as it would eat up even more of the market from the Switch (the few retards that actually expect to use this mainly as a handheld).

To sum up the Switch reveal, people were expecting a blitzkrieg from Nintendo. They wanted a huge launch lineup and a more affordable price point, and that it would be the craziest console launch of all time. Zelda, Splatoon, Mario Kart, Smash, Animal Crossing, and more, all day one, holy fucking shit I need this! Instead it was a pretty typical disappointing Nintendo reveal and slow-burn business strategy, with a high initial price point, limited launch lineup, and spaced-out releases throughout the year.

I'm not going to defend all of their hype-killing decisions, like paid online, but I'm starting to realize that Nintendo's overall release strategy was a wise business decision, and it all has to do with manufacturing capacity. To simplify, let's say that they expected to sell 10 million Switches within the first year, whether that be mostly at launch or spread throughout the year. Let's also say that they finished setting up their factories and started production one month before launch.

It is much more expensive to develop or contract out the infrastructure to manufacture 10 million of a product in one month, than 10 million of a product in one year. The higher the capacity of your infrastructure, the more expensive the initial investment, and the more likely that it will go unused in times of low demand. Manufacturers ideally want to keep their infrastructure running constantly, so even with contract manufacturers, you will get much better rates for sustained rather than "burst" manufacturing. Thus, to maximize profits, ideally you want the lowest capacity manufacturing infrastructure that can satisfy the demand for your product.

So in a nutshell, Nintendo's business strategy is to control demand for their products, by manipulating prices and game release schedules, to keep demand as constant as possible and thus able to be handled by cheaper infrastructure. This allows them to extract the most profit from each console sold.

The reality is more complicated, of course, but probably not far off from what I described. Nintendo finalized the hardware design sometime a few months ago, leaving just a few months time to build up their launch shipment. Most likely, knowing that blowing their load of games day one would result in demand that they would be unable to satisfy (or unwilling to increase the infrastructure to satisfy), they made the conscious decision to space titles out, launch at a higher price point, and spend the rest of the year satisfying a steady demand and stockpiling consoles for Christmas.

It's pretty aggravating from a consumer's perspective, but it's very smart if you are trying, like any well-run business, to maximize profits and reduce risk.

Unlikely.

First and foremost the amount of work it would take to port it from Java/Objective-C to whatever Nintendo specific bullshit (C++?) would definitely outdo whatever meager revenue you could hope to recoup from the tiny switch audience.
Secondly most tablet games are either chinese ripoffs using stolen models, textures and art, or downright microtransaction cashgrabs. The former which Nintendo would object because the risk of lawsuits, the latter because Nintendo would most definitely want a major portion of that pie, further adding to point #1.

Also does the switch even have a touch screen? Last I heard it didn't have one.
Not having a touch screen would definitely hamper porting seeing as more or less no tablet games comes with gamepad support.

No, you don't, these aren't like AA batteries. You could just carry single more powerful battery bank if your current one doesn't.
In your pocket that you normally carry it. I mean jeans normally have 4 pockets, i'm really getting the vibe that you only wear sweatpants here. Or that you fill your back pockets with spaghetti.
It's the fucking lack games that will keep people from buy this piece of shit not your pet theory. Also considering that you think you need two different power banks for your phone and system, and is at a loss where you put a phone when most pants have 4 fucking pockets, i'm going to say you are the fucking moron here.

Well according to pic related it's about 10% so about half the people who a case have a power bank. So i'll admit I'm wrong there, however people did buy power banks for the solely Pokemon Go.
qz.com/732180/the-pokemon-go-craze-has-started-a-run-on-portable-battery-chargers/
As we know that shit died off, but does give my conjecture some clout. If people are willing to buy a power bank for a shitty pokemon game, they're willing to spend it on for a console.

Considering that console devs consider FPS dipping into the teens acceptable even on the PS4 and XBONE I doubt they try to optimize it when it's in battery mode. But other than that I agree that's one of the main reasons why the switch won't have any 3rd party support.

Video related. WiiU title.

It does.

Even if you're wrong about touch screen. Why would that matter? You mean there are no cellphone/tablet games that get released on PC or played with emulators?

You really don't see the problem with that? How dense or how much of a cock gobbler fanboy can you be?

Enjoy sitting on your 300 bucks homeconsole with a battery latched to it.

UUUUU

Fug, made a big mistake. I meant to say
Even if you weren't wrong about the touch screen:s

No I don't, I mean a powerbanks aren't fuckhuge things. I mean they about the same size as normal smart phone which is pretty fucking thin and double or more the life of a phone as well. You're just coming off just being contrarian for the sake of it.
Well I have an otterbox for my phone so I don't see an issue with that and I did that with my ds. Never did that with a psp, so I get your point.
You can also charge it when you're only playing the damn thing as well.

Seriously man, you think anyone that disagrees with you on how not the will it is a fucking fanboy. I mean think about why would anyone give a shit about portability or the lack of it if there's no games for it in the first place?

It will have games if there is a market for those games (people who own the console). People won't buy the console if the concept itself is shit and the marketing doesn't manage to sell it.
I see A LOT of potential issues with the console concept as it is, I think a lot of this issues will become noticeable after the first couple of months from release and that might limit the future buyers; Which, again, limits the amount of third party support it might get.
The Wii had a fantastic release in terms of sales and was slightly compatible with the other two consoles. This thing doesn't seem to be capable of handling any relevant multiplat from current consoles and a chunk of the exclusives are/will be available on the WiiU. It's not a great line-up to start off with good sales, I'm seeing a slow start and a slow start might mean no 3rd party support again.

It was an anomaly, which the majority of the profit's came from the console's sales not the games. the very low game per console because most people who bought it only play wii sports and maybe mario kart wii reflects this. Besides the target audience for the wii is content with free shitty smart phone games now.

The only pluses this console beside being a mario machine compared to the competion are:

-portability
Though we have both butted heads on how viable at it will be
-Big boy console games on the go
If there's third party support
-Cheaper online per a year
Only a plus if again third party support since one of the few the appeals of the WiiU was no online fee.
-Local mulitplayer with up to 8 players
But you need another switch for that, and those joycons are fucking expensive. So most will stick with two play locally. Even then I don't know how many buttons each joycon has. Plus people on the net don't have any friends.

Nintendo panders to SJWs now.

None of these are reasons I've seen people list for why the Switch may fail.
The main one I've seen that consumers probably just don't care. There was no enthusiasm for the Wii U, and there's only so much you can blame on poor marketing, people just didn't care about the thing mostly. The only actual community I saw grow on the system was Splatoon.

Considering the lackluster shit that has managed to sell over the past few years I really don't see how a console with some gimmicks & games would fail. Regardless, the Switch could be breaking records in the first week & people would still be screaming Nintendoom. I can't find it, but there's a screencap from fucking ages ago where posters were Nintendooming over the SNES. Same shit posted about SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, will be repeated for the Switch.

It's the same tired shit back & forth every fucking time. It's tedious. It's predictable. It's boring. Repeating for eternity.