Why hasn't someone done this yet?

Because that might actually be cool, and we can't have that.

(checked)
Because people are satisfied with Shadowrun

Every game in the GTA-esque genre does the same thing with a slight difference, because devs and publishers are afraid of changing the formula too much.

Ubisoft made this. Cyberpunk just means like hackers and stuff, right? You didn't like Watch Dogs 2?

I misread your post and I didn't think you were trolling until then. You made me type up an angry paragraph and everything.

Nice one.

WE WUZ HAX0RZ'N SHEEEEEIT

Cyberpunk is literally the worst fucking cliche

I think you're opinion is shit.

But seriously Watch Dogs is totally lame. Smartphones are the most boring invention ever and games where you get upgrades by buying apps are stupid.

If I'm going to play a shitty cyberpunk game I want to look like a techno nomad covered in stupid bullshit. Like a gun that shoots a spinning drill to physically hook into your internet cable in order to listen into people's conversations.

Omikron the Nomad Soul
Neocron

Both fill this request. Omikron has Bowie. Neocron has awesome 90s era Industrial ambience music. (be warned Omikrons combat sucks).

Is that John Romero?

You mean GTA2?

How?

You never noticed? All the cars, most of the weapons and characters are lifted from cyberpunk books and shit.

I can't speak for Neocron, but Omikron is a shitty David Cage game. I'm fairly certain it fulfills none of OP's requirements beyond cyberpunk.

meant for

I was excited for Barkley 2 because of the humorous take on cyberpunk, but it's never coming out.

Right but how many post-punk-vaporstep radio stations are there?
How many woolongs will it cost you to get a nano-vision mod to scope out techno-babes through high-rise windows with nothing but your eye?
And can you combine your nano scope mod with your precision carbon carpal tunnel threading to snipe stim junkies 100 yards away with nothing but your pistol?

Someday.

I've followed this shit for years and I refuse to die before I can play another game with Shut Up and Jam-tier humor laced with top-down shooting and rpg elements.

I'm not seeing it.

Also we note: now with any cheap-ass smartphone you can do everything all that shit in the photo does, except for the stun baton

interest in cyberpunk is dead because nowadays all the hacking is done using normal hardware. a hacker can look like anything, so it's no longer a visually-identifiable clique.

the only recent factors I recall–
,,,Google Glass, and that fell flat due to the high retail cost and some moderate public resistance
,,,the hair and makeup styles, and IR LED caps, designed to conceal your face from public video cameras and foil face-recognition algorithms

we need a Tyrone cartoon where he puts black makeup stripes and triangles all over his face to fool face-recognition cameras, and then looks in the mirror and sees that he still just looks like a normal black guy, and says "sheeeeeiiiiiiiit"

Are there any recommended campaigns or mod for Shadowrun? I like the games but they are too short for my tastes.

dropped

Fallout 4 would honestly make for a great base game to mod into a cyberpunk game. Mechanically, it has everything but implants, and even that wouldn't be too hard to add if NV is anything to go by.

The only problem would be that the characters would all be cringey 2cool4u types that you'd not care about. You know the writing would be hack (pun signpost) they'd fuck it up in the execution.

Not really, most of the fan-made campaigns aren't great. The only one I kind of enjoyed was the Antumbra Saga for Dragonfall, and even then it wasn't really engaging.

fucking casual

There's still a lot of appeal for cyberpunk stuff. Unfortunately technology hasn't developed into the simple but utilitarian design imagined by most people when they think of cyberpunk, and prosthetics have a long way to go. It's hard to imagine getting cyber-eyes with a reticule linked to a smart pistol and similar shit.

Silent protagonist, limited interaction with other characters. You could have maybe three or four other characters that you interact with physically and the rest is purely via text communication. You just have to avoid the trap of either going too edgy or too quirky. Pragmatic characters who don't spout 1337 shit or memes, but aren't above kicking back with some drinks.

d00d.

Congratulations, this post entitles you to a free reddit account and a lifetime subscription to r/cyberpunk. Now please leave.

Is there any futuristic game with flying cars like the ones seen in The 5th Element? Or even just racing with flying cars in a future setting?

unless you meant cars that aren't restricted to just low grav, in which case I don't think there's any good ones

Definitely not the low grav, "hover" of F-Zero, Wipeout, Fast, etc, already know of those.
Actually flight with changes in altitude winding you way through the air around buildings in a futuristic city.
Wonder if a GTA set in the far future would ever do this?

There's that Sonic racing game which has flying portions, but I can't speak to the quality of it. It would be a cool concept though

All subcultures of punk are trash.

There was Collateral but it was an early access title that is no longer available. Not sure if you'll find someone seeding it either as it kinda flew under the radar.

>what are budgetary/tech constraints
even a "well optimized" instance of Unity can't perform anything overly expansive like what OP manages, and I'm pretty sure most will reject lower fidelity visuals.