Is there a reason pokemon don't have access to ALL of their abilities...

Is there a reason pokemon don't have access to ALL of their abilities? There are so many pokemon that have sizable wings but no flight. Like pic related without Levitate. I personally think it would make each one a lot more distinct if they had 3 or 4 different abilities compared to just one.

Other urls found in this thread:

princesspaprika.tumblr.com/post/157047717375
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh fuck, flygon can only have levitate. My bad, I thought he could also have sand veil since that makes perfect sense.

Take something like Crawdaunt, then. Can it not have both Hyper Cutter and Shell Armor? It has both sharp claws and a shell.

If Pikachu can learn surf when he has a surfing board, does that mean that all pokemon that can also use a surfing board can learn surf too?

There should have levitating/flying as it's own thing. It'd buff a few Pokes, and make the use of Gravity and Smack Down more viable.

Pokemon is pretty simple as RPGs go though, so you're never gonna get a deep combat system. THough it is "wide" if that makes sense.

What could possibly go wrong?

They should really just give the fighting type some weaknesses that actually see play. As it stands they're only vulnerable to Air Slash, Brave Bird, Moonblast and whichever Psychic move they're using.

what if ledian got bug punch and it had 150 base power and was boosted by iron fist
also ledian has like 95 base attack stat
and an ability that makes every move hit 4 times

You realize these are some of the most common attacking moves carried on teams, right?

Right, but they're going to drop at least one body since you can't switch into an attack like that. And that's assuming you can outspeed them.

I meant the attack moves specifically. Is there really a fairy move that can OHKO anything besides moonblast? Dazzling Gleam, maybe?

Game mechanics and balance

Play Rough, which also has a chance to decrease the attack stat.

Dazzling Gleam for sure, and also the extremely powerful and common Play Rough.

WHY IS BUG TYPE SO FUCKING SHIT!?

This man gets it, well unless your count this gen, which bug type is one of the strongest typings now.

Pixilate Hyper Voice- if it's boosted.
And the things that typically run it (Sylveon and Mega Gardevoir) like to add Calm Mind, or get a Baton Pass from something else (Shell Smash or even Extreme Evo-Boost)

That's kind of fair, but can it really reliably OHKO a sweeper like that? Conkeldurr with full EVs and sheer force+guts would have an attack stat of roughly 1248. Under this system it could get a boost on punching moves with iron fist too

It would be simpler to just take away sheer force since it's nuts anyway.

Maybe you should consider that Pokemon battles don't take place in a vacuum and that the rest of the team composition matters here too.

Funny, I got it from here

Funny, I smell a faggot. Maybe you should go back to. >reddit

You I like, you win dub's from me. Not that say's much.

That's funny, because I reverse image search it and looks where it came from
princesspaprika.tumblr.com/post/157047717375
Maybe you should go back to >>>/tumblr/

They should
REMOVE HMS
and make pokemon have practical skills that can be used outside of combat. If you have a fucking charmander that knows ember, or a sandslash that knows slash, they should be able to use those abilities to remove trees and kebab. If you have a flying type that has wings and can levitate, or a pokemon whose natural habitat is the ocean and who is sizeable enough to raft you across water, then these pokemon should be able to do those things without the need of some special move. I'd even accept HMs if they were contextual, and didn't take up a god damned move slot.

Why haven't they done this already? Or have they? I haven't played a pokemon game in years, so for all I know I'm spouting bullshit right now.

I've never had a tumblr account even a day in my life. Maybe you should go back there since you're so familiar with their memes.

They've replaced them with ride pokemon, which are ones that you borrow that basically know HMs.

I think you're lying, user.

Whatever you need to tell yourself, buddy.

why does magnemite still has no levitate?

Because it's dick doesn't come off the ground.

There probably wasn't enough space in the GBA's carts to implement that or something and it's still that way because Game Freak is lazy. Basically, same reason Nidoqueen is still sterile after five generations.

You know I could reverse image search your images and find them on tumblr too.

You are spouting bullshit, for two reasons: they did remove them and HMs weren't really ever that much of a problem unless you were retarded

Also you're a fucking idiot, that blog isn't even the source of the image

Nah, HMs were retarded

How fucking hard is it for you to manage something like this? Can you even tie your own shoelaces?

I honestly agree, I actually like surf and waterfall, both are pretty good moves.

I'm not saying they should get rid of the moves themselves, just make them normal TMs

Nice deflection, nerd.
I never stated I only play mature games. I play whatever I want. I like weeb shit and E for everyone games too as long as they're well done and enjoyable
However the game is the extreme of the lowest common denominator for its genre.
Is it still good? subjective. It's well done but it is so easy and slow paced it is not really enjoyable in comparison to other turn based rpgs, or even turn based rpgs or monster collectors.

In other words, Why play Pokemon when you can play [Better games]

SMT is just exuberantly better, for instance.

Pokemon is extremely guilty of the same shit with a different coat of paint. And every time they elaborate they drop their elaborations and state "t-theyre unique things of THIS game!" and never really truly elaborate their games

Honestly Pokemon is just a a mold with a different hat for every new iteration, then they drop the old hat and put a new one.

And, of course, let's not forget that you tried to detour the fact pokemon is hardly a truly competitive game, ridden with RNG and imbalanced types and cookie cutter OU set ups.

I think Pokemon would be more exciting if they had access to a pool of around 20 or so natural moves and had 4 extra slots for TMs of moves that they couldn't naturally learn. Rework the moves to be more diverse and introduce the ability to guard and move in the game on the battle field. Quick Attack could be used to jump at your foe and strike in one turn, or to launch yourself a considerable distance across the field, for example.

More abilities would be amazing. The series is basically stuck playing like a Gameboy game, even though I adore RBY, GSC, and RSE. It's been time enough for a change already and I want something exciting and fresh, but I'm not gonna get that, so really while I adore what Pokemon was and what it tried to be, I've moved onto other things already. Shin Megami Tensei, Monster Hunter, and even Final Fantasy and other JRPGs have given me a lot of excitement and complex fights. Pokemon seems to be either hit or miss with fights; sometimes I can have a legit exciting and amazing battle, but other times wins and losses feel hollow and empty and just given because of a few sudden crits/misses and other RNG elements. I find that other RPGs don't give me that problem as much.

But yeah I'd adore it if Pokemon did something cool like that. I want the designs to be anime-y but still animal like and to have that cool nostalgic "magical collectable creature" charm to them; the series has since shifted in atmosphere and while I can still adore some of the new things like Team Skull, I find some of the other aspects to kind of be shifted a lot. We need some rad new mechanics in the game; Z-moves were much better than Megas, because every Pokemon could use them and they added an extra option and mechanic to the fight. Do you want to pop your Z-move now, or do you want to save it for later? It added in this extra element that was really fresh for me, honestly.

The series just needs more of that and I'll be damn happy, regardless of art direction and style. Shit could become Japanese Adventure Time in terms of designs and I'd still adore it if the gameplay was sharp and exciting.

Simplified for kids since that's the main target audience.

That's how it is in the Mystery Dungeon games, actually.

Prove it isn't one.

The games have nothing in common besides some form of monster collecting.
Having RNG doesn't mean a game is noncompetitive. Assessing and predicting risk of those events is a skill in of itself.
What imbalanced types?
Then use your own set ups, you dumb cunt, you don't even need to play Smogon OU rules. There are dozens of types of battles with different restrictions, both official and unofficial.

So not only you want Pokemon to become a really generic RPG you want it to become a fucking garbage action RPG. You sound like a fucking underaged redditfag.

why do fish float

They already did but you don't actually play the games so you wouldn't know that.

Why isn't this RPG series for small children not more complex?

Gee, I wonder.

Pokemon thread; unleash your head canon delusions and autism Holla Forums
These >>11912092 >>11912824 >>11913092 autists are doing it right

Pokefags are an endless source of entertainment.

Pokemon fans have to be the worst fans I've ever run into. They're actually more unbearable than FNAF fans for me. FNAF fans just sit around and be autistic on Deviantart and watch YouTube let's plays all day; Pokefags will actually attack you over not sharing the same opinion.

Second worst has to be Smashfags. Don't get me wrong, I adore Melee and Project M, but shit man it's just a game, not some religion. Nintendo fans get so fucking whiny and bitter over more popular franchises.

Holy shit Pokefags though. One of my friends was hanging out in a Discord channel once and got the name of a held item wrong, and this Smogonfag player just went fucking berserk on him for making a simple mistake. In the back of the chaos are just people who wanna chill out and reminisce over a comfy franchise and talk about their favorite monsters and games, and I adore hanging with those dudes, but shit man.

I just want my cheesy dreamy druglike 90's anime magical creature adventure franchise, but the series has been losing its luster ever since I've been getting older.

Man, it's mostly the super fucking autistic Showdownfags who take competitive too seriously who act like those autists.
Generally pokefags on Holla Forums are far less cancerous than that.

Pokemon's sadly been steadily losing in quality, SuMo had some decent ideas but just fucked up where it mattered.
Full of shit cutscenes, cringe-worthy dialogue, a shit story, babby-tier difficulty.
Just goes to show how incompetent nuTendo is.

fairies were a mistake

That's weird, I have experienced the opposite, the pokefags that I have meet are pretty chill and funny enough they aren't furfags

anyone that says this is a cuckchan faggot and you HAVE to go back. Reported you fucking faggot. Hope the mods purge you from this board until you learn how to speak normally.

Prove it isn't besides generic greentexting.

You're trying way too hard.

pokemon fans are MLP 2.0

im pretty sure its just for gameplay purposes. you how know restrictions beget creativity sometimes.
if im not mistaken in mystery dungeon they do have all their abilities.