Daily reminder that this made more profit than all your favorite games combined

Developers will forever chase casual shekels rather than work 10x as hard for 1/10 the return crafting quality vidya.

Don't you miss the old days when gaming was shunned as "nerd" and normalfags stayed out of our hobby for fear of social censure?

The solution is to push articles and memes which denigrate and defame gaming (games promote misogyny, mass shooter played a game called Battlefield in his spare time) in order to return it to niche status instead of mass entertainment rivalling Hollywood.

Other urls found in this thread:

bigthink.com/think-tank/we-may-be-getting-dumber-much-faster-than-we-think
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Eh, I see a paradigm shift soon. People are too lazy and stupid to play video games that much. IRL and other bullshit forms of attention whoring will take over in the Streaming section. Video Games will become non profitable pretty soon.

Rage thread?
Minions is the 2nd highest earning movie all time and has the largest franchise worth of any IP. Choke on that.

Illumination Entertainment is probably the worst thing to happen to movies since the establishment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and is the worst thing to happen to animation.

Everyone likes playing cards. What are you, an autist?

Conductor we have a problem, let me off.

I'd like to contest your claims bro

I'm retarded nvmd now I'm pissed

Most of all I'm depressed because children boarn into the current year will not know what Hollywood was like before cinematic universes like Marvel and Star Wars took over and before Illumination Entertainment became a thing

If I could wipe 2 media companies off the face of the Earth right now it would be Illumination and National Amusements Inc. National Amusements are the kikes that own Viacom and CBS by the way

Absolute trash?
It still is and people will love it.

Every single of the 5 monopolistic media conglomerates needs to die to be replaced by 100 different smaller companies.

Oh it was always trash
But the quality of Hollywood films has absolutely tanked in the past decade. A lot of movie guys will tell you this, every movie today is plagued with formulated scene setups and temp music rewrites
Every Frame A Painting has a great video on temp music and why Marvel Music is so forgettable Yes he's back by the way

Only the Mario for the NES got bundled with it other than the bundles you get for the Wii U or 3DS which sold less than the X and Y Bundle

Kikes own the federal reserve you dipshit.

Solitare comes came with windows and people paid for windows. More people bought solitare then even more bought it in windows shop when that became available.

Thank you for illustrating my point. There's not need for quality, ever.

Every single mother I have ever seen has minions merchandise.

It's pretty bad seeing those numbers when looking at Ghostbusters and Rouge 1's made me think the industry is making less money

Sure, if you consider the early 90s recent you are right though the decline is slow and steady.
Most films just blur themselves as all the same in my mind and the only half decent shit which is still only decent/average such has Interstellar and Revenant actually stick out but not much since only few select scenes are memorable due to an overuse of shitty tropes and lack of emotion by the actors.

I never watched Despicable Me buy why is it cancer and shit?

Rouge 1 wasn't a mainline title but a spinoff which went exactly according to analyst expectations with barely any slight deviations.
It also had less shilling and production costs.

Please stop this meme, they are getting stronger as "nerd" culture propagates and shit like shared universes makes them even stronger

watch it and find out why

That doesn't matter, we're talking about net gross, the average console game costs 40 to 60 dollars while premium solitaire is 60 dollars if you upgrade for 6 fucking years which I doubt people will even do.

Same can be said for shit like Angry Birds, yes, its number of downloads greatly outnumber every traditional console series ever, but each copy is only 99 cents. I doubt they made nearly as much money

The studio did research. If you are willing to do some horrible shit there is money to be made. They saw what will sell and they did it.

And those weren't that good either. The industry is completely bankrupt of creativity and the don't care, they can not survive the internet taking all the interest away from them and they know it.

Funnily enough two friends of mine saw Resident Evil Final Chapter today.
Its not getting better lad on the movie side lad, not at all.
People still go to movied by the ton.

Are your friends old enough to drive? Think what these 5 year olds that have had cellphones since they were 2 if they will go to the movies or not. The market share is disappearing, and yes normalfags will still go to BRANDED movies.

We're all in the mid twenties and thats 100 years away, if not more.
All these mid twenty guys will still go to the movies by the droves 30 years from now.

I do think this is all a bubble, however; that the masses can only get exposed to so much of this shit without becoming inoculated against it, and before this whole normalfag fad gets washed away by something else anyway.

why are you trying to create an argument out of this?
thread collapsed

Like the Internet?

I'm not, you're right.
I'm just saying it won't end soon

Don't worry anons, once this VR shit takes off and normalfags enjoy their virtual facebook wall classic vidya will return to us as a niche, old-school retro non-VR product, like how music hipsters love vinyl, hardcore gamers will love non-VR. And it will be glorious.

I'm serious when I say that these fuckers are probably even lazier and more arrogant than even the jews over at Disney. Pretty sure they used their stupid Pet movie as a selling point in a trailer for Sing before the Pet movie was even out, so arrogant they automatically assumed that it would be a smash hit because kids have shit taste. And the worst part of it is that they were right, it was the sixth highest grossing movie of the year. Parents need to stop bringing their kids to whatever animated movie exists in the theater at that time, it only enables trash like this.

The solution is to just play the games you like and not give a shit about what others do, say, care or buy.
What exactly do you want, user? Do you want your favorite developers who cater to niche audiences to say that they want a wider audience and end up making shite that doesn't even sell because that wider audience has already been captured by other, worse vidya?
Just play and have fun. Team Pixel seems content by releasing small games that aren't paraded around as the GAYME FOR CHANGE so why aren't you? They're much more fun than anything in that worthless shit of a category are or could ever be.

Hello Reddit are you fags on Discord right now?

Download XMSol on sourceforge: it's free, it's lightweight, portable, and has a shit ton of game modes you can play.

Where exactly am I wrong? I'm not saying you're a hipster fag who should kill themselves if you don't like this or that, but genuinely who cares about what others have to say about you when it comes to video games? It's their loss they're missing out, not yours.

The normalfag meme of the original promises of the internet did get washed away, certainly.

Good job Reddit, you really showed me

They have the highest IQ, they deserve to rule us all.

That doesn't seem too bad…

normalfags really suck.

How come? I barely remember anything from Despicable Me but I wouldn't describe the animation as anything except "generic"

IQ has been dropping globally since the 70s.

Books, music, games, movies, food and everything else up for public consumption is only going to get worse from here on out.

It used to be that every purchase was a vote for a product but now the market is comprised of mindless drones with no taste who just follow social currents which are themselves created by marketing depts. of corporations.

If you want good things to be developed you must support them on Patreon because the normalfags sure as hell won't purchase them over the latest meme game of the month.

It honestly comes in waves. We might go back to a golden era in our lifetime but unlikely. If anything brings us back to glory it will be a new piece of media technology to start the trend over again.

Stop shoving that carrot up your ass, faggot.

This user is spot on. What we have to do is salvage all the good vidya for future generations. Download all the emulators and all the isos. Quality nowdays is shit, it's only about quantity and getting dem shekels. Look at fucking flappy bird and all the other shit that mindless drones flock to. Everyone played flappy bird just to have something to talk about, it's like watching a movie for the sake of talking about it tomorrow. Pray to God for a vidya crash of some sort.

Dear fucking god, that’s what’s coming next, isn’t it? People are so willing to pay monthly–forever–to have hulu/netflix that they’ll pay monthly to keep their video games from becoming crippled versions, won’t they?

Jew´s gonna jew.

Nice unintentional check.

It's okay, with all the trash coming out I'm getting bored of video games and masturbation.
Now I'm enjoying reading, and I'm trying to be more productive with my free time.

OP you know what the media and instant bitching services like Twitter are like these days, they'd generate a tide of soccer mom/SJW/wymonz to cuck game makers even harder to make games that conform to the fake-nice society they strive for.

Christ imagine if the focus flipped and *women* had to stop being bitches, what a paradigm shift that would be.

Consoletards and steamfags are only becoming a bigger number of people, user.

It's the 11th highest, it's rank 2 when it comes to animation movies.

When were you a nerd for playing games? When I was a kid (long long ago) you got called a nerd because you were actually intelligent and read books, and this intelligence would lead to a preference for complex and eclectic hobbies, which made some people aware of their own limited intellect and prone to cast stones. Then all you social rejects latched onto my hobbies because no one else accepted your horrible hygiene, ugly faces, and annoying personalities while claiming that it was the hobby that made you outcast and not the former qualities. So yeah, I wish I could go back to when gaming wasn't full of rejects and morons.

I really don't give a shit if normalfags like shitty games (newsflash: mammals are driven to play) or whatever because most of those devs are just like you and can't make a good game if their life depended on it, meanwhile I'll find the diamonds in the shit, same as it ever was.

Despicable Me was an okay movie (I liked it). It deconstructed the character of an anti-villain at least half as effectively as Shrek deconstructed fairy tales.

But imagine if Toy Story spawned an entire goddamn franchise focused on nothing but those green aliens from the claw-machine, except they talked exclusively in annoying whiny gibberish and forced childish "lolrandom" jokes. Imagine if the Toy Story sequels were pretty much just those fuckers, who then got their own spinoff movies. That's what happened, here.

Gas yourself, Chaim.

Here you go user, yours is a little out of date.

Pure coincidence.

Actually people don't like you because you're a cunt.

That's capitalism for ya.

How the hell did The Secret Life of Pets make so much damn money? There were some scenes in that which were incredibly dark for a kids movie and the movie itself was nothing like what the trailers had. Consumers are so fucking stupid.

Came out in the same time period Cuntbusters did? I guarantee you a large part of its success is parents choosing to avoid the faggot's magnum opus and opting for talking animals.

he deleted the one telling anyone who doesn't support femfreq to stop watching his videos, but there's still plenty to show

I swear to God I can't think of a single reason why putting a bullet in the back of the head of a leftist is a bad thing.

This man gets it.

No he's right there's a paradigm shift coming.
I don't know what's taking over but yeah, it's not far off.

The reactionary right is taking over. Being conservative is the new hip and edgy.

LOL NEEEEEEEEEERDDDD

b-but they dont do work or anything they just steal

Is the list adjusted for inflation?

Actually if you factor for all versions and arcade versions of literally one of my games.
It out paced angry birds
LOL

Sorry OP, I know you still have your thoughts wrapped around the mongoloil nigger cock you just got done sucking, but there are studios that produce quality games and pride themselves for it.
Source: Respawn Entertainment.

Titanfall 2 - dlc's free of cost

Nice post OP. Hopefully you get tiered of shit posting here and go back to your one shitty free to play video game on steam that no one else likes. You know, I can almost smell the salt on you man. It smells of he fucking ocean. If you got you're disgusting, crusty ass of if your shitty Walmart desk chair and went to work, then you'd have enough money for new video games. With a little luck and some advise from this board, you may even find something that's fun to play, and so you'll be entertained with your new game and away from this place. Maybe then you'll stop posting 2/10 bait in hopes of stirring up shit feeling it's in others, feelings you yourself are chronically suffering from.

>oh you wanted a hobby? FUCK YOU IT'S TIME FOR POLITICS

I don't think the aut right is ever going to denounce vidya as degenerate.

Each generation has been smarter than the last since the 30s you nigger. The average IQ is always set to 100 but each group does better than the last

Each generation has been in school more than the last since the 30s. IQ scores have only gone up because the average person has more mathematical knowledge. People are still retards, and they are much more retarded than they were years ago. They just happened to listen and believe things relevant to an invalid intellect metric.
If you ask someone on the streets to solve a complex equation, if they aren't niggers they will probably manage to do it given enough time. But they wouldn't be able to fix a broken car exhaust pipe if their life depended on it.

IQ scores on average can not go up you fucking moron. The entire point is that the average IQ is always 100. If everyone on the planet was on the level of Steven Hawking then the average IQ would still be 100.

bigthink.com/think-tank/we-may-be-getting-dumber-much-faster-than-we-think

Have you ever even seen a common test from 100 years ago?

If we're going to argue semantics, we might as well move this discussion to reddit.

POP QUIZ, Holla Forums
Civil Government

YOU HAVE 30MINUTES TO COMPLETE THE QUIZ

I'd give everything to have a rude qt3.14 teacher bully my shota self. Instead all I got were froggish-looking witches who would bloodlet the class and use our blood for satanic rituals.

So?
All the shitty Transformers movies make more than my favourite films, shitty rap mixtapes make more than my favourite albums. It's common knowledge people who are generally considered today to be some of the best musicians and painters were not rich and famous in their time. Why do you care how much money these things make?

oops wasn't paying attention to where I am. Holla Forums not Holla Forums. I have automatically failed the test.

You made an interesting point famalam.
Talent lingers. Niggers who beat rocks togheter and call themselves musicians are forgotten instantly whereas people still listen to The Doors.
Nobody talks about battlefield 3, but the first deus ex still pops up in discussions even on cancer forums like IGN or gamefags.

A majority of todays graduates wouldn't be able to solve half of these questions.
Grammar, Geography and Histroy, propbably Civil Goverment too would be absolute deal breakers.

mixtapes are free tho

What next a Minesweeper season pass?

There's a reason the Jews want us to be dumber, not smarter, you mong. Can't control a population with 110+ IQs.

Observe this example of a man on whom perfectly good education was wasted. If we were to account for all of his writings, we would find that in all, he has abused the ability to read and write to muddy the waters of knowledge.

You would be much happier living on a farm somewhere with a comely wife and 5 children, never taxing the peanut that drives you around on tasks more complex than shoveling shit.

Watch Metropolis, you'd be a big fan.
Also, what you're advocating for is an aristocracy, they never turn out well in the long run. They usually devolve over time or lead to a bloody revolution.
Don't try to defend it with some bizarre convoluted system of keeping the workers in check or suppressing them with violence as it won't work. You may even be able to suppress a revolution or two, but who's to say you could keep it up? Give it a two or three hundred years, eventually the cracks will start forming.

The problem is not aristocracy, it is Liberalism. Aristocracies allowed themselves to degenerate into decadent Liberalism, and were eaten alive for it by their inferiors, as we as an ethnic aristocracy have fallen to Liberalism and are being eaten alive by our inferiors. The concept of heritable class isn't flawed in and of itself, since you're working to promote higher frequencies of alleles associated with intelligence and leadership. The problem is effete Leftist sensibilities that stay the hand that would strangle the retarded heir in the crib. With a clearer understanding of genetics, it is much easier now than ever before to maintain an aristocratic class while sidestepping inbreeding effects and other cumulative heritable defects.

That doesn't take into account high functioning psychopaths that are incredibly intelligent and utterly amoral. Nor does it take into account that once absolute power is vested in an individual (or a small set of people) they can basically do whatever the hell they want and come up with a justification after the fact.

Actually, it's the only system that takes into account such people. Defined class roles and social structures impede such people, whereas the permissiveness of a Liberal society places no obstacles in their path, and they can pursue their own hyperindividualistic desires with no coherent mechanisms to deal with them.

As for also bizarrely (because it is trivially not true to the point of being the opposite of reality, and only trotted out on your part due to your conditioning, not any actual higher thought) complaining about the problem of corruption in an individual or small group, the response is threefold: first, noblesse oblige is one of the most important traits that must be bred, taught, and acted upon in the ruling class; second, intuitively and by the same historical arguments made regularly by those who share your position, it is not actually difficult to root out corruption if it's a case of an individual or small group bearing responsibility for it- you just kill and replace them; which brings us to the third point, being where do you even begin destroying the corruption which results from a false, manufactured zeitgeist and its brainwashed zealots endowed with divine authority by the same violence they either hypocritically or schizophrenically disavow? This is the problem of the Liberal Democracy. Who is there to kill and depose? You squash one of the vermin, ten more swarm to its place. They are interchangeable units in a supraorganism of a fundamentally parasitic nature, its success clear evidence of its deep roots in a population you'd not otherwise describe as a part of them.

That would lead me to a discussion of some of my ideas on linguistic tools and their feedback relationship with consciousness, informed by a study of the sensual origin of all meaning, in that ultimately words are all derived from observations of nature (and were all originally gendered, i.e. male or female- which leads into another aside on the prevalence of modern "gender" mental illnesses compared to the development of gender neutral words in languages, followed by developing increasingly abstract terms, proliferating into what I see as an exhaustive, iterative though imperfect, continued abstraction and divorcement of words from masculinity and femininity), and case studies in those with certain brain defects affecting their capacity for speech in certain ways, and others who were denied language during the crucial period they're genetically coded to learn it, and the impact having no aptitude for or being denied those linguistic tools has on their entire lived experience.

What I am getting at is that it wouldn't be enough to kill every single Leftist, because not only is political alignment demonstrably heritable through twin studies (the result of certain allele frequencies, their combinations, and their recombinations, hence the remarkable ability of a population to reassemble itself following short term trauma to segments of it, and only being susceptible to change over long periods of consistent selection), we have developed linguistic tools which are in turn shaping our minds to produce more of them. It happens that they are not the majority, but it happens that they have all the vigor that only pathology can give in pursuing their goals, and their coordinated and unsanctioned efforts are deleterious to the point of being a potential extinction event.

As another important aside, transitioning from aristocracy to democracy was the ennoblement of the White race (the serf replacing himself with the machine and the subhuman to ascend and lord over them), a development that managed to limp along only due to the quality of racial stock that the traditional systems of government and environment produced (and regression to racial mean effects), and doomed to death by the deranged Universalist reasoning that was its foil (when taken to the logical conclusion and applied to animals that happen to resemble us).