Persona 5 uncensored, but no word on dialogue changes

I-is it safe? Will Persona 5 be untouched? Can I have faith again?!

EOV ENG WHEN YOU ATLUS NIGGERS?

I hope it has some good memes, I wouldnt buy the game if it doesnt have it

If there's even one meme that wasn't in the original I'm waiting 20 years to emulate.

People said, in a live panel, that Blade & Soul would be completely uncensored.

Never trust companies. Wait until it's out and we got comparisons.

Why bother?

gonna pirate it anyway

Explain further.
also why are JewTube comments so awful

Come on, user, they wouldnt do that, go to the internet and lie.
Got a link of the panel?

Except there is

No, faith is for ignorant libtards.

While none (that I know) of Blade and Soul's costumes were censored, there were massive quest and storyline changes made. As in, changes that have an effect on the overall story of the MMO. The most famous one is, in the original, a man asking the PC to steal undergarments from bathing women. The localized version has the PC doing…I forget, taking notes on something or other? It has no similarity whatsoever to the original questline.

So the claim that the game was entirely uncensored was a lie, just like with Bhikkuni. Although Blade and Soul's censorship is on an entirely different level from Bhikkuni's.

But will any of the girls have penises?

They did say after the success of P5 in Japan that they're going to go all in with the Western version. Not sure how to interpret that. Could mean they originally half-assed it or it could mean they're making it really good and true to the original.

And uncensored doesn't mean much I guess. Swears and violence will remain, that's all that's likely going to count as uncensored. Any changes to social links and story would be deemed localized, not censored.

I think the question to ask is: how much are the localization team going to use the game as a platform to whine about Trump?

Shidou did nothing wrong.

NO MARIE, NO BUY!

I think I saw them say that dialogue wouldn't be changed beyond their typical localization stuff. Has AtlusUSA(modern AtlusUSA, not "make Mark black" AtlusUSA), ever localized in a way that has changed the context of a scene or character? Reminder that Kanji and Naoto are the result of fan misinterpretation, not the localization, where their actual problems are obvious.

The one thing I dislike is the honorific use. I know that it was their way of introducing Jap culture to the West, but they just sound weird.

As with all localization honorifics is a fairly difficult one to tackle. You could go ahead and change all the -san's to Mr/Mrs but then it sounds clunky as fuck when two teenagers refer to each other by their last names. You could omit it, but you lose some nuance how the characters interact, personally I don't mind them adding some japanese-isms that aren't translatable, but it's unforgivable to include shit that can be directly translated.

>frames the MC and gets Futaba's mom killed
No fuck you he's worse than Griffith, Alto, Gabe "The Fat Bastard" Newell, and Christopher Robin combined.

You mean like in Nocturne, where it was directly translated?

None of those dipshits have a kickass gold Legion lion with wings and a throne. Only someone truly righteous can get a pimp ride like that. :^)

Was it? It's probably much easier to directly translate a game with no voiced dialogue. With VA comes a problem of timing, lip syncing, and likely other things. I'd liken typical modern Atlus loc more to changing saying -kuma at the end of sentences to saying bear puns. It's different, but gets the point across and fits with the character. In my opinion thats fine.

I can agree on the first, as early P4 "Miss Satonaka" demonstrates, but I don't think much nuance is lost by omission. Like I said, Devil Survivor works well without them. But that's one example, and I can kind of see your point in a work where vocal tone can't infer how close you are to someone. The only other way I can think of translating honorifics without using them would be the use of nicknames, which could get really annoying really quickly if everyone does it. Like I said, part of the reason they included them in P3 was because Yu Namba wanted to use to introduce Jap culture to the mainstream, which I suppose succeeded for him. It's a minor annoyance, but still an annoyance for me.

Never believe a company when they come out and say it'll be completely uncensored because they'll only move the goalposts and mask any censorship they did as "necessary changes/localisation".

"Localization teams" should die in a fire.

Good gaijin, Bobby-san!

You mean you get punished for even trying.

Except literally everything else that would trigger retards was left in.

Again, literal only wrong was saying absolutely nothing would be censored without knowing 100% nothing had to. This does not mean PQube is automatically irredeemable shit.

No, not even ironically.

They have a pretty decent track record as far as I know. Everyone should still be wary.

stop linking watchmojo
I know, i know, it's "censored gaming", and they're intent on becoming the next watchmojo, so start webming and stop embedding cancer videos

The one complaint I've heard about Atlus is that they add honorifics where there weren't in the original script. The person who said that didn't bring proof though.

Or they could you know include the original Japanese audio track instead of forced English dub only on a game whose fanbase is 90% autistic weeaboos.

Alto from Stella Glow?

Also, I see complaints about Bhikkuni. I played niponese version so I wouldn't know what was changed besides the hidden ages thing since I heard that. Details?

Yes, you dumb niggers. Nothing in Persona can compare to being allowed to kill YHVH in SMT IV Apocalypse. If that got through uncensored, then whatever waifu bullshit will be allowed through uncut.

Literally just the ages.

The only wrong they made was not humbly admitting they couldn't fully deliver because of retarded laws in shitholes outside the US and silently just sitting on the money until backlash made them respond. It's a big one, but it's not something they can't come back from as a publisher. They have actual interaction with their audience and can playfully relate to wanting anime tiddies that other publishers would bitch about. There's no way retarded age laws weren't the actual reason when the game was already banned in Shitstralia and absolutely anything else that would trigger feminazi retards including the dialogue was left in. It does not work like that.

And they're talking about that one tumblrshit RPG where the ebul shitlord strawman is the only likable character.

Damn faggot won't ever have a sequel despite all the hooks. RIP whatsthestudiosnameagain, even though the IP was sold I wouldn't bet on another one.
Shame, it was a nice tactics RPG, even if the final battles were varying levels of bullshit

Ahh I see. Yeah, I get it now, just accepting that they couldn't keep that small detail in would've been enough but trying to sneak around that little fact while boating about completely uncensored is kinda shit.

At least the game still came with the anime life and hometown for those who can't nihonese.

Which RPG tumblr game, user?

I wonder if Imagepooch closing down was due to the same reason de Rune Factory devs also closed down i.e. couldn't pay the publishing fees to Ninty and Atlus.

I'm still going through it and I'm enjoying it. The music and the art are great, story is a cliché but the characters are actually likeable and the gameplay is pretty engaging, I'd say there was a lot of love put in it overall. My only complaibt is that it eats my 3DS's battery.

Rusty is best husbando but fuck if I didn't want Xeno to be good.

Hi Cody

Uncommon Time.

"No censorship" doesn't mean anything when they hide behind words like culturalization.

If it's a tumblrshit thing not surprised I haven't heard of it.

>Rusty
Guy's a beast and great character to boot.

Creator's eternal asshurt over literally being wrong about their own shit while everyone else memes the only right one as good has to be wonderful.

He and Nonoka are mainstays in my current team and honestly I'd rather have Rusty all the time than Alto. Alto so far is too weak to be the hero and he's a tad too frail to rely on counter, hell, Rusty and Nonoka are thief/ninja with counter and they take hits better than Alto.

I just use him to conduct Rusty no pun intended Key.

Get out faggot

Hey man, we're not talking about Treehouse or NISA here. Atlus has some pretty cool guys.

Innate Follow Up is what makes Alto shine in the late game, along with his self-buff from when he defeats Elcrest, wide variety of attack ranges and allegro, but Rusty and Nonoka are invaluable in pretty much every mission due to their turn speed, large movement, mug for getting stuff from Rusty and Nonoka being able to get stealth every other turn. Stick a drain orb in 'em and they pretty much are unkillable unless it's a boss fight.

"Uncensored" but not unlocalized.

Localization isn't inherently bad.

Cannot believe there isn't a fan translation yet either.

It wasn't Atlus that censored Hashtag FE, but I can see how this might affect Atlus' future business deals with Nintendo if their execs were keen the problem of censorship

I'm aware he gets buffed after fighting Elcrest but until then he's been a bit of a hindrance, tho I will concede Allegro is a huge boon at low cost.

I got Nonoka with a Chase and Steal orbs to get stuff, particularly because I want to get Hilda's ring next chapter, lord knows Archibald needs it. Otherwise I'm just going to grind levels in Mordimort's first tuning.

Since we're on Atlus I should say they published Stella Glow and the game, as far as I'm aware, has no censorship (just look at some of the innuendo the game has plus Nonoka's existence). Mostly of the shit regarding SMTFE came from Nintendo pushing around because of their FE characters.

whats the release date for the PS3 version again?

The only thing that's going to matter is the lewds because fuck the lupin theme shit.

For the 1% chance you get something like Days of Ruin.

The problem with Thief orbs is that you end up having to save scum sometimes Getting all the millenia ago witch weapons was a bitch even with a Thief 2 orb. A good kit for Rusty/Nonoka is the 50% damage, drain and absorb orbs, especially for Rusty, since his later skills drink SP, but they give you a poor man's follow up, guaranteed crits and a wide area of death around him.
When they get attacked, they counter, get healed for most of their life back and a bunch of SP and do a fair amount of damage.

I can't tell if that's good or bad as I haven't played it and your comment is vague, so I can't properly retort.

Should be same day, April 4th. Unless the rumors about the PS3 version being cancelled in the West turn out to be true.

That's why the Chase Orb is for, to raise the chances of other orbs activating. I have Nonoka have that and a Thief Orb and so far she always steals on the first hit. This is what I'm using so far since I don't have the Absorb Orb yet and Rusty always has the Drain orb for obvious reasons.

>Klaus was my second best character
>now knowing what I know I have to level up Archie to compensate

No but it's unlikely to not be terrible and akin to censorship in the [CURRENT YEAR]

It's fucking great. Days or Ruin improves on the original dialogue in every way and really breathes life into characters without betraying who they are at heart.

Poor Archibald, I don't think I used him after Sakuya's chapter. Without his max affinity movement boost he's pretty much unusable, and since I focused on the witches…
Well user, let me tell you one last thing before I go to sleep: The final boss deserves to get hit with Hilda's delay song every chance she gets, the absolute whore.

HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW

I'm actually close to get max affinity with him, plus getting Hilda's ring for him might actually help. Heard he becomes useful once he overcomes the movement range issue.

Good night, user. I'm aware but you're talking about Eve or Cartesia? And does Popo's Rusty Key work or she has Negate block?

It certainly wouldn't be the first time a company has said censorship wouldn't be an issue and the final game ended up being censored and butchered. I'll believe it when I see it.

I meant Eve, as I left the true end for the second run I'm doing now. She has negate disable, so no Stop or Negate action, but Poison works. I think Poison triggers her whore passive though.

Persona games are no stranger to miss-translation here and there. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually were polishing up the localization so we don't get some of the things like we did in Persona 4 where characters conveyed the incorrect emotion with some of their lines.

Also, Lisette is your friend: Barrier makes short work of her Song of the Moon.

Hashtag FE was all treehouse m8

Ah ok, got it, might as well get on that bonding with Lisette. I was planning on going true ending first but ehh I'll leave it for the second run, why not.

Also going to bed. G'night, user and waifu Hilda

Shitty localization is like Denuvo, you only find it on shit games. VD is trash even amongst other weebshit. They found all of the flaws of Senran Kagura, added in several more flaws, and built a game around it. It's impressively bad, and if you see some autist claiming it's on par with a Platinum game, they should be shot on site for being filthy liars.

Sounds like nothing but shitty unspecified cherrypicking like I hear from retards on this board all the time.

And why should I do that? What's wrong with a potential waifu having a penis?

You should still keep an eye open, never blindly trust them.

What juicy goodness is in P5 that would potentially be censored, anyway? I make purchases based purely on thirst.

Is there some train molestation minigame or something fantastic like that?

It's gonna be a meme localization, innit?
Why do gaijins feel obliged to spice it up with dank references?
I guess term "localization" is the key. Can we get a translation for once?

Anyone that plays this trash cannot talk badly about any other games, this is the bottom of the barrel

>All visual content will be the same
>VISUAL
Weasel words, that's exactly the dodge the Blade & Soul devs used:
>We only meant the costumes would be uncensored!
Never mind the fact that story content changes would be far more egregious acts of censorship. Though, a moot point, since apparently, they censored costumes anyway

Regarding the cover change for P5,
I'm willing to concede this is more of an incompetence/laziness issue than censorship.
JESUS CHRIST, JUST MOVE EVERYONE ON THE LEFT UPWARDS YOU RETARDS
see pic related, which I threw together in about 9000 hours 5 mins. It would fix at least some of the cover's composition issues:
The two girls on the right still need to be moved more to the side, so the goth girl's face wouldn't be covered.

That might have been me. I couldn't show any proof because I was basing it purely on memory and comparing the NA dub of vanilla P4 with the subbed anime. My main gripe was they changed the main characters all to first-name/first-name+honorifics basis with one another, a couple of examples:

I'm calling your bullshit out, Bikkhuni has objectively far better mecchanics than Senran. The dodge and the dash gives you actual options in combat. The stages also have better exploration and platforming. The dressing room is a step down from Senran's, though.

Calling it now

Watch them find some loophole around the term "censored" and monkeypaw us.

Nyralathotep please end this dual universe shit it's so bad, goddanm.

But the entire Persona series is cancerous trash user.

Just another day on Holla Forums

Maybe instead of spending money to shill you guys could not spend money to shill and also not spend money on stupid localization changes no one wants.

Its a win/win.

What games am I allowed to buy?

That really only works on games no one plays. Holla Forums will be flooded with P5 stuff the week it comes out. It'll probably become unpopular through oversaturation, like P3 and P4 did.

Didnt say that, just that they can no longer be taken at face value when they say something.

This. It always ends up in a heated argument because nerds can't do anything without anger, but the bald truth is PQube concealed the truth until the point customers were buying their product.

If they hadn't—if they had been upfront about the age removals, then very, very few anons would have been sperging about the ordeal. But they opted not to say a single word until cash traded hands. That at bare minimum makes their words untrustworthy going forward. No matter how else you feel about it, the facts are they withheld truth from their customers.

And I'm saying that's fucking horrible anti-consumer bullshit and was a shit, senseless idea that in principle I won't defend, but there still remains the possibility they sincerely believed no one would care just like with Senran Kagura or didn't even think it was censorship if it wasn't actual visual content or elements. Why else would they have been unprofessional about it?

The fact remains they fucked up and I can't defend being greedy, but I can point out this can change in the future by making a rational example of this. People have a right to be paranoid about worse shit happening because take an inch and a mile might come next. They made a professional marketing to their audience and personally couldn't 100% deliver then lacked it enough to not take complaints serious until they realized they fucked up by lying. If they had not irresponsibly ran with the official statement absolutely nothing would be censored to feel like hot stuff and just playfully said those anime tiddies were secure, then there wouldn't be this issue.

I don't give a fuck about the ages themselves being removed when the knowledge of being sexy teenagers is still there and neither should anyone else. The only major wrong here is lying, even just slightly, to the customer fearing it would look bad and just looking worse. But it's not irreparable.

You're not wrong in that yes, a rational example could theoretically do quite a bit to ensure consumer confidence and reasoned decision making in the future.

But tell that to the PR people in PQube who let consumers go unanswered for several days before openly mocking them over Twitter after some of those customers started finally losing their temper and openly demanding answers.

In short, they compounded their own mistakes, so it's on them to clean up the negative karma and distrust they've gained.

Again, I don't disagree with the intent of your argument. Their relationship w/the public should be fixable. But with their own actions, they'd have to take some extra steps they could have saved if they had not been so oblivious to the level of public paranoia or high on their own farts.

They got a lot of work to do.

Nocturne wasn't directly translated, they had some share of fuckups on that game too, but on a smaller scale in regards to names.

That might be really gay but it's not like real women would do it.
Traps are the way to go indeed

Shit, user was right.
Fuck off marketer.

There no girl in P5 with a shit fetish like that user.

YOU KNOW WHO THE BEST CHARACTER WAS? EWAN. THE SHOTA JEW. THE ONLY CHARACTER I TOLERATED WAS ONLY OKAY BECAUSE I LAUGHED AT THE THOUGHT OF HIM DOING A LE HAPPY MERCHANT
"BUT WHO'S BEST GIRL, AUTISTIC MELTDOWN user?" EAT SHIT AND THE CREAMPIE IN YOUR WIFE, THEY'RE ALL FUCKING SHIT IN A GAME WHERE I PIRATE IT BECAUSE OF THE WAIFUS TO THE ANONS WHO POST HILDA'S ENDING CG: FUCK YOU FOR GETTING MY HOPES UP, FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOOOOOULEAARGGH THIS IS A FUCKING CARDINAL SIN. IF THE GIRLS ARE SO LOUSY BESIDES THE GENERIC CHILDHOOD FRIEND AND EDGY LOLI, DON'T TELL ME THIS GAME IS ABOUT WAIFUS BECAUSE THAT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT, IT'S ABOUT RESISTING THE URGE TO KILL MYSELF/UNINSTALL IT AND GO BACK TO WAR OF THE LIONS, OH AND SPEAKING OF WAIFUS
WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY ALL LOLIS? FUCK THEY DON'T EVEN COCKTEASE ME WITH A CHRISTMAS CAKE I CAN NEVER FUCK, THEY JUST GIVE ME RETARD LOLI, OTHER RETARD LOLI, EDGY LOLI, CUNT, AND LISETTE WHO HAS NO RIGHT TO BE BEST GIRL, SHE'S TOLERABLE AT BEST BUT THERE IS NO ONE ELSE THAT I WOULD FUCK AND DON'T HATE
FUCKING NIGGER DICKS UP MY URETHRA, I HATE STELLA GLOW SO FUCKING MUCH, YES I AM SO FUCKING MAD/AUTISTIC/SHIT TASTE FIGHT ME YOU HOOKNOSED COCKSUCKER
FUCK STELLA GLOW
FUCK STELLA GLOW IN EVERY HOLE
SAGE FOR OFF-TOPIC, I'M NOT POSTING A PICTURE TO TOP OFF ALL MY BUTTHURT, FUCK YOU I HAVE NO FACE, ALSO 5

You sound asshurt.

E.Y.E., Deus Ex, and mount and blade. that's it, you play those 3 games for the rest of your life and complain about kids these days

I believe in Sega.

Sega needs to be fully shitlord-ified then used to spread that sentiment back to its Japanese management.

Calling bullshit.