Is the Xbone finished?

Is the Xbone finished?

Is Halo Was 2 actually the only exclusive the xbone has for 2017? are they THIS fucked?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20160306193040/http://8ch.net/v/res/8588170.html
change.org/p/microsoft-give-us-back-the-xbox-one-we-were-promised-at-e3-2
gematsu.com/2016/06/square-enix-considering-star-ocean-5-pc-port
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't know OP

Lets ask these sweet doubles.

I'm sorry you made a poor investment Patrick, there is no need to be upset. Remember 'mu forza tho', when all seems lost 'muh forza tho'.

Guess we'll have to ask the numbers what to do with you then.

Halo Wars 2 isn't an exclusive, you can play it on Windows 10

Okay bud.

All you do is just keep letting me roll, user

>>>/cuckchan/

Oh you

Thats probably why they have the poll, from what i have read MS has wanted its gaming division to drop consoles and focus on pc for a long time. I would not be surprised if they are fishing for "see its going to sell more on pc" numbers.
Its strange it feels like 2 years before the xbone launched they dropped suport for the xbox 360 and then just keep making these strange choices and losing studio leads like something will stick eventually. It reminds me of the Dreamcast in a way.

Seems most consoles are going this way anyway. Wouldnt be surprised if the only game console left in the next decade is Nintendo and thats just due to the nip autism spurring them on despite constant failures and losses.

It all went downhill with their intitial always online bullshit with Xbone. Such a stupid decision.

It isn't already dead?

Just let them kill themselves instead. They haven't developed a single good game since Age of Empires 2

OP needs reassurance on his PS4 purchase. Poor rscottyg having to play Nioh at 720p

Buyers remorse is a bith, aint it?

The Xbone no longer has exclusives OP
Everything is also on Windows 10 and I'm not expecting any more Microsoft consoles after the Scorpio.

back to something awful, i see you Goon.

Forza Horizon 3 is pretty good though

Switch looks great and will BTFO Sony out of the industry, rscottyg. It will be the perfect acompanyment to my PC

But keep trying to re-assure yourself you made the right purchase, rscottyg

Who the fuck is rscottyg and why do you keep bringing him up?

This is also the fifth time you've rolled with no result so hang it up already.

Talking about how the Xboner is failing financially is not console wars.
That would be like saying that the WiiU was a financial failure and a poor investement that even Nintendo acknowledged as badly marketed is console wars.
t.mustard

Finally a sage. What's wrong with you, user?

Whats the Scorpio anyway?
Is it another Pro or a Microsoft branded Steambox?

Another Pro, it's a hardware revision of the Xbone.

A way to sucker people out of $400.

Thats called 8th Gen

Bumping for you, ledditor.

thats called consoles *tips fedora and buys 60 games I'll never play in a steam sale* heh…..plebeians….

How are those 3 games treating you lad?

There was Scalebound, but shit got canned. Whats interesting is that since the news Phil said the move would be "great for gamers" but all we've heard since then was that Fallout Shelter of all things would get ported to Windows 10 and Xboned.

I know an older guy who looks like farage, I might fuck him to make that intense sexual fantasy come to life.

So what you're saying is that you won't let him Brexit from your asshole?

It'll go one of two ways, either the MS board will decide Sony is close enough to going under it's worth maintaining or they decide to pull the plug.
PS is a tiny part of Sony and has no bearing on their survival, it all comes down to if they can secure and complete CCD contacts for phone manufactures without wasting all their money on Ghostbusters 4 in the mean time

Don't forget to compare the morning after face, it's kinda important for the authentic experience.

Yes Xbone is fucked and I'm rolling around in it like a pig in shit.
Fuck them and their NSA box.

They're already burning cash on Emoji and Barbie, and I predict they've got another two equally retarded projects in pre production.

(215)

Oh my god!!!
Windows 10
windows X

Oh man, good days

They're probably holding out until E3. I wonder if Crackdown 3 will ever be released

They have to force it out, they have nothing else left.

>inb4 muh power of the cloud means it runs like shit on Scorpios because the Scorpios are the cloud for old Xbones

you're getting better at this reddit

I'm enjoying watching the Xbox crash and burn as well. Not necessarily because I hate Microsoft, and not because I give a fuck about Sony or Nintendo either. I just like watching people lose their shit and damage control over trivial bullshit. Same reason why I voted for Trump.

Xbots are vulnerable and easy to troll right now. Just remind them that the Scorpio will launch even further behind in graphics technology than the Xbox One was when it launched, or that all Sony has to do to bury them is to announce a PS4Pro price cut, a PSVR price cut, and a Pro/VR combo at just $50~100 more than the Scorpio.

Looks like you just got off the 4chaim boat and trying to fit in a bit too hard.

Idk how anyone DOESN'T hate Microsoft after Windows 10.

I don't know, user. I'm just poor and love the fucking controller.

Xboner literally has no gaems.

No wonder you're poor, natural selection at work.

Because it's futile to hate something for behaving according to it's nature. If you stick your hand on a hot stove, do you hate the stove for burning your hand? No, you just avoid it and then laugh at other people who repeatedly stick their hand on the stove and keep getting burned, then bitch about it, and then stick their hands back on the burner again and again.

You don't get to be a company of Microsoft's size and influence by being ethical or pro-consumer.

Wait what? Isn't PlayStation their breadwinner since their other departments is a constant loss?

You do because there were plenty of instances of large businesses not doing something so Orwellian becuase it shoots themselves in the foot.
Microsoft 10 is a failure but its someone elses failure I have to fucking put up with.
Of course I hate them, not for offering me fucking Big Brother OS, but for not even making it good.

If any department is reporting losses I hope that their movie division is one of them.

with consoles

with pc

heh, nice meme, kid…

Those two things might not be unrelated, you know.

I wouldn't call Google and Alphabet an ethical and pro consumer company.
But they're more influencial, rich, have more growth and are more consumer friendly tha fucking Microsoft.

Microsoft is a shit company, no matter its size, just like Atari.

I don't spend money on stupid shit like that. I'm pretty casual right now until I get a higher paying job. I actually would be a pc player if I could afford it.

They're likely holding back announcements for games that will come out in the fall until E3. They did the same thing last year and it's been demonstrated that games can do just fine with only being announced a few months before release.

Plus they are trying to sell a new console as well this time so they especially need to blow it out of the water with announcements. Hopefully they haven't fucked up every other exclusive deal like they did with Scalebound.

But yeah the lineup between now and then is pretty damn thin. Only thing I'm interested in from them up until E3 is the other Forza Horizon 3 expansion and the Phantom Dust HD remaster.

If all they can manage to bring to the table is more HaloGearsForza, but this time they're all on PC as well, I seriously don't see how Microsoft can keep their console business competitive. Sure, they'll stick around in gaming and keep releasing their big IPs and keep putting out consoles that are effectively the Windows 10 equivalent of Steamboxes so they can keep the Xbox brand alive and keep skimming their cut of each game sold, but their ambition to grow their platform would disappear, and with it, any significant invenstment in new and unique games that are necessary to boost their platform.

You're literally fucking retarded, no wonder you're poor.
Do you have autism and live off a tugboat?
Because with posts like that it wouldn't surprise me one bit

Why would you waste 1400 on a fucking computer?
Why would you waste 200/400 every year?
You don't even make sense

My bad you said 100/200, which still doesn't make a lick of sense.
Do you think you need to upgrade a computer eery year ro play vidya?
Is that it?

To buy the fucking computer user. Wow, and you're saying I have autism.

I said 100-200 there Mr. Fake News. I'm three beers in and about to go to sleep and I'm more attentive than you. To answer your question for upgrades to graphics, hdd, sound cards and anything else that can go wrong with a PC.

Rumor is that MS is going to try to extend 360 (and maybe Xbox Original) backwards compatibility to Windows 10 as well. So basically, they're going to be writing their own emulators.

Wonder how long it will take for someone to crack their software, reverse engineer it, and write freeware emus for their less shitty OSs after that?

Stop shopping at Alienware you stupid nigger.

Age of Empires 3 is pretty good.

Yes, I am a perfectionist. I can't stand losing frames which is probably one of the few autistic traits I have with PC. With console I calm the fuck down because I know there is nothing I can do about it, but with PC if there is anything I can do to increase quality I will go crazy for anything below medium.

Give me a source to shop at, faggot. Don't think I haven't tried to get a cheap one before.

Stop posting you fucking retard, you're poor on funds and also poor on the mind.

I know. Right now I'm pretty drunk, but I will explain. I spent 350 on a console that came with HDMI, headset and controller. I am not going to spend 135 extra dollhairs on an elite controller.

This is how I save money.

Every pre-built I've ever bought has been around $800, it sounds like you're just retarded

Or maybe I just want good graphics.

At least we know you're not Jewish.

This is some cuckchan tier shit, next you'll be saying 30fps feels more cinematic.
Stop posting, better yet, stop breathing

Kill yourself along with

I've never had a problem playing literally anything I want to with a $800 pre-built, you have no idea what you're talking about

You're being baited anons. I know we're getting infested with the reddit hordes, but even they aren't such fucking newfags that they fall for the $2k computer meme.

What sort of retard spends $1400 on a PC and still has to upgrade it every fucking year?
>To answer your question for upgrades to graphics, hdd, sound cards and anything else that can go wrong with a PC.
Who's putting dedicated sound cards in PCs nowadays? Actually I am but I'm an autistic fuck about it.

This has to be bait
I want to believe this is bait

The Xbone is doing okay thanks to:
and importantly, it's dirt cheap
while it's the clear loser against the PS4, it isn't a complete disaster like the Wii U and Vita were.

PlayStation is propping up Sony, almost every other department is reporting losses.

Poor people can't afford the initial outlay of 1400 even though it's better value overall.

30fps is pretty fast when you're poor.

alright I'm going to fucking bed

I'll look into it. You got a good source to learn more about prebuilts?

I'll be honest. Not even trying to bait, but being honest. All the time's I've tried to result in trolling Holla Forums have resulted in pathetic failure, but the one time I just decide to be my self and also drunk I attract them like flies on honey.

No, just the rambling of a drunk poorfag.

This meme needs to die. Why don't you upgrade your Xboner so it actually works?

Even if that divine miracle were to happen Barbie will bring them right back to square one.

I'm skeptical. You're literally spewing out the console vs pc rhetoric that hasn't been true since 2007.

Oh yeah, its doing great

I hope you suffer of liver failure while sleeping so as to end your poor miserable poor/normalfag existence.

I wasn't agreeing with him user, I was criticising him. Spending $1400 on a PC alone is silly. Remember that he claimed to need to upgrade his HDD and fucking sound cards on a yearly basis.

i wonder what's causing the sudden influx of neogaf threads

Come on now.

The xbox has poisoned video gaming long enough.

Notice how now that it is dying things are starting to look up again?

FPS games are fast again, faster than they have been in a decade. Maybe even rpgs will start to get their act together once the next ass effect flops.

Everything bad in video games started with the xbox. They killed so many PC franchises by luring the developers unto their crap platform with tons of money. Deus Ex Invisible War, Thief 3, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, and tons and tons of other promising titles were gimped to suit that shitbox killing the franchises, leading to the slow shit we play today.

Halo was fun, no doubt about it (played it on PC) but the console shooter trend it started was pure dogshit.

Cuckchan flood most likely
That shithole is full of NeoFag Sonyggers which also include the mods.

kill yourself

shita ports right?

fucking sonygger.

Morrowind was made with Xbox in mind and basically got TES on consoles to be the shit game they are today.

I would certainly hope so, but at the xbone is basically the last line of defense keeping microsoft from completely fucking up personal computing.

GOOD RIDDANCE!

Matzosoft a shit.

Actually you only need to upgrade every 5-15 years depending on what you're doing with it. And the actual computer is only as expensive as the parts you buy individually instead of wholesale off the shelf because those computers are deliberately made with OEM hardware. Most issues I have right now is primarily because of video card manufactuerers trying to screw consumers over when they don't use their own cards ala blackmail and bribery with game devs. This is the same reason that shitty ass sound hasn't changed in decades, because there is a monopoly on sound and any dev that doesn't fall in line get's their balls put in a vice grip.

Lot more good games and niche titles than all of 2009-2011 combined.

Only much later in development which started in 1998, the game was only anounced for the Xbox in 2000.
Its still a PC focused game which we can see by the UI and scope of the game unlike Invisible War and Deadly Shadows which started development around the same time the Xbox was released.
Same can't be said about the later Bethesda titles though which were obviously focused on Microsofts console until Fallout 4, they even had shit like horse armor to promote Microsofts DLC consumer push.
Skyrims PS3 release was an embarassment as well.

And now Bethesdas brand of Open World game has become so dudebro that they don't even make RPGs anymore.

Announced in 2001, development for the Xbox started late 2000 when the Xbox was announced

They dropped support for it in 2009, fam. That was the last year they bothered actively trying to get developers and games onto their system.

What?

I don't really want to pay full price to play a modern game on a tablet, knowing full well it will run like ass. At the same time, I also don't feel like upgrading my desktop to windows 10, having used it. I also don't ever want to use the microsoft app store or marketplace or whatever they're calling it.

Dual boot
Either partition your HDD or install Wangblows 10 on a separate one

I doubt it. Most AAA games get announced at least a year before their release.

Like I said, that was the last year that they tried to get third-party exclusives, subsidized Nip developers, etc. I'm not saying they stopped making the things in 2010, but they did stop trying to make deals with developers and diversify their library.

I wish there were no exclusives.

Do it more. You retard.

I guess.

this thing is actually called xbone?

hownew.ru

I know we've called it that since the beginning, but since when did Microsoft actually call it that?

mind you I'm not a full-time shitposter, so I may have missed a year or two of their bullshit.

It's photoshopped.

They named it xbox one because they wanted people to refer to it as "the one", but people have called it xbone to spite them mostly

You forgot to mention "The one" was due to the fact that it was a multimedia device, muh sports and TV.

No exclusives wouldn't be TOO much of an issue if the xbox one had been on par with the PS4 specs wise. Sadly the xbox one is inferior playing 3rd party games.

Too late, this gen is done-60 million PS4s by the time the Scorpio shows up. Playstation owners will ride it out until the PS5 comes out. Which will likely be more powerful than the Scorpio by then oncd more.

I see no way for Microsoft to win. Exclusives no longer make or break a console. Microsoft has inferior brand power worldwide. Unless Sony screws up the Xbox cannot catch up.

What killed Xbox One wasn't it's power, and it's not power that's going to save the brand with Scorpio. What killed Microsoft was their absolutely Orwellian policies, selling a media box instead of a game console, and hiring twats like Adam Orth to tell irate customers to #JustDealWithIt.

They've never been able to recover from that, and their "unified platform" - which I'm sure has been in the works since the Xbox One's launch - just comes off as desperation and lack of interest in maintaining a presence in the console market, especially with Phil "hatchet man" Spencer axing studios and exclusives left and right.

If MS were smart, they'd scrap the idea of Cross-Play/Play-Anywhere, spend/lose the money on funding some diversified game development and new IPs - and launch the Scorpio as a next gen system to make a fresh start. Might work out for them, might not, but I really don't see them crawling out of the hole they've dug for themselves and end up smelling like anything other than shit.

Jeez, Manveer "if his skin is white, he dies tonight" Heir was the one who called him out on that? Guess that's proof that even the most broken clocks are right once in a decade.

But yeah, it was that initial reveal of the Xbone and their talk of always-online DRM and no interest in anything that actually revolved around producing good games for the consumer that completely turned me off from ever getting an Xbone. Didn't hurt it was also the most expensive of the console options, and when has that ever gone well for a company?

It is, they actually had to say their movie studio is not for sale
Their music studio is about to get raped hard since one of the Beatles is suing for the rights and royalties for their songs, which is still Sony Music's biggest money maker

Don't forget how it's EULA admitted to spying on you at all times via the Kinect

so i built a PC for someone 2 years ago for $1500 ausfag money.

So far its needed no intervention. so its at $750 a year.

I have other machines far older in the same situation so I can reasonably expect 5 years without spending money on it barring some random failure after the part warranty period.

So $300 a year in ausfag money in 5 years on one PC that can play ever PC game ever made or will be made that will require no upgrades.

I have a 10 year old core2duo that I converted into a HTPC at the cost of a half height video card.

PC's are no longer discards you throw out the door every x number of years and the failure rate is incredibly good.

Your argument is shit.

I'm not on that guy's side, but the math in your example isn't actually that encouraging–console gamers aren't buying a new machine every year.

Each console "gen" is about 8 years right?

they aren't at this point? Pro, scorpio, bigger HDD etc etc

The xbox360 had a long life to it (and some versions) and while it was good for what it was it only has a library of a 1000 games (and a small % of what can be considered good).

How many PC games are there? Does anyone know?

FUCKING WHY?
WHATS THE PURPOSE OF THAT?

He is an Australian. Life, in their topsy-turvy wasteland, is a hellish nightmare of continual suffering.

This dark misery is at the heart of their shitposting power.

Too bad there uwp games suck ass. Played the gears of war remake recently and that shit crashes for no reason, can't be used with steam overlay, and it has to be bought through the windows store. If they want to grow pc gaming, ditch uwp and release the games in win32 so they can sell it on their store and otehr platforms like origin/steam/etc.

this. 2009 was the year Microsoft finally dropped the charade and started moving into phase 2 of their plan.
They never gave a fuck about gaming or making "video game consoles" the goal of the xbox division from the outset was to realize Bill Gates dream of putting a microsoft branded PCesque multimedia device in every living room across the world, connected to the main family television. After seeing the success of the PS1, MS realized that a video game console was their best way to get a foot in the door.
They worked with Sega on the dreamcast to learn everything they could, then released the original Xbox a few years later and spent mountains of cash to develop a brand and create a successful gaming platform - this continued into the first years of the 360.
Mid-way through the generation it became pretty clear the 360 was the leading platform and that's when Microsoft started transitioning the console into a "multimedia device".
The always-online, always watching kinect, multimedia focused Xbone that was announced at e3 2013 was the machine that MS had always wanted to sell from the beginning, and now that they've gotten completely BTFO'd they have to go back to pretending the Xbox division is a gaming company and the Xbone is a console, it's pretty funny to watch.

And remember that is also the reason why the PS4, despite being not a great console at all, was such a huge success.
When Tretton on stage started talking about how the Ps4 wasn't going to require a online connection to work, or how people would still be able to buy used games or lend them to their friends, the audience started going nuts and praising sony for someting that is supposed to be the norm.
That's why the PS4 sold that much, because in my opinion is the WORST console sony ever released.

Wrong, it was just dev lazyness.

And stop triggering me about Mass Effect.

It used to be good dammit.

Shortlived generarion too.

You know what? Just make the Scorpio as pure gaming as possible.

Games, DVDs, BluRays, HDVDs, internal memory and a net connection and thats it.

No browser, minimal store. Just pure gaming. And maybe allow people to play music throughout the game that they havd on their system. And record with system soft….fuck. Nvm.

Xbone was dead before it even hit the ground.
Even the Ouya had more life in it than the Xbone.

th-thanks

I want to cum inside the Ouya and steal all her change

Yeah you're pretty close. Xbox was supposed to be replacing you cable box and be a multimedia PC+TV. You can even hear how much they invested in that plan by watching the E3 presentation of that year. They must have mentioned TV a dozen time but never mentioned specs or exclusive franchises.

It was good FOR ONE STINKING GAME. A single game out of the 4 or 5.

Did you make a new high-end PC from scratch? It's generally assumed you have all the other stuff for your PC and get last gen's video card when a new gen comes out.

Yeah, wouldn't be the first time Sony just sat back and watched as the competition self-destructed before sweeping in and telling people exactly what they wanted to hear in order to get them to buy their consoles.

they were web.archive.org/web/20160306193040/http://8ch.net/v/res/8588170.html

Reminder that not even Anthony Burch is as cucked as some Xbox fanboys.

change.org/p/microsoft-give-us-back-the-xbox-one-we-were-promised-at-e3-2

Funnily enough all those features only ever worked in the US. What did MS think the rest of the word was going to do? Now Sony scoops up all the emerging markets like they did Europe in 1995 with the PS1.

For a supposedly transnational mega corp MS is surprisingly Burger centric.

When they were actually profitable the PS was ~5% of their income, now that the PS is ~40% of their income it isn't because the PS is selling well but because everything else is falling apart.
When huge companies like this are in trouble they will often sell a profitable division to prop the rest up as if they can recover the rest that will be much more profitable in the long run.

Holla Forums has a habit of looking at console sales and thinking that they matter to the parent companies when in the case of both MS and Sony they are a drop in the ocean. MS is making a fuckload of money and will only drop the XBox if they think they can't outlast the competition. Sony is losing a fuckload of money and will only keep the PS if they think it's meager income will support the business long enough for them to recover.

Daily reminder t+hat console war threads are shit threads and against the rules.

Surprised that the N64 isn't higher tho

Console war threads are retarded, that said talking about the economic state of major industry players is interesting and valid to the future of vidya.

Vidya was still for nerds when the N64 came out, no dudebro market to extract shekels from.

Microsoft's internal structure is a total mess because they used to have an internal peer review system that was used to decide promotions that structurally favored snakes and backstabbers above all else. Every division is a duchy, every subsection is a fiefdom, and they spend more time fighting themselves than anything else. Every kind of initiative dies at the geographical borders of a division because there's no cooperation at all.

Am I the only achievement fag here who wanted to continue his gamerscore legacy from the 360? That was why I bought it. That and it's just an easy multimedia device to play youtube/twitch/netflix/internet browser on the TV. It's not a bad system, imo.

btw, I don't have a gaming PC but decent laptop that runs a lot of games, but whenever I play PC games I feel like I'm playing like an "unofficial" version of the game. Or that it's somehow invalid compared to console.

Whats your definition of dead? Because Microshit is still dragging the xbone's lifeless corpse around hoping for a few sheqels more.

just out of curiosity is this sales for the devices entire sales lifespan or an equal time period snapshot?

We all know Microsoft is too greedy to focus juwt on one thing. Too many people shilling about the internet of things and making everything from cars to refrigerators connected, which means Microsoft has to do the same to get more money, at least by their logic.

Entire lifespan but in all cases the first year makes up the majority of sales.

i remember seeing something about the ps2 continuing to sell like crazy for years after the ps3 launched, aside from that it is rather troubling seeing these figures

True, but I think what really ruined Microsoft is the Pajeets.
I'm always under the impression they make up for the majority of the employees these days. Wonder if they have designated shitting corridors inside their offices.

Hey, I didn't say they were smart, I just said that was the plan. What do you expect from indians?

Yes. Kill yourself

Kill yourself normalfag

Holy shit, how have you not killed yourself.

That's the niggers game

I think people are just sick of demising returns on console purchases. There was a time when each generation was substantially better than the last while offering an equal or better library, that just isn't the case anymore and hasn't been since the PS3 / XB360.

Hopefully more people moving to PC will finally kill consoles leading to the death of anti-consumer exclusives and a unified development platform used by all.
Hopefully Vulkan, fuck DX12

The fact that I have 216k gamerscore should give me a little bit of neckbeard streetcred, no?

The jokes gone on long enough

Yeah aside from very few titles late in its life the PS3 didn't have anything much going for it in comparison to the PS2 and 1, and I'm saying this as someone who imports games so I'm not deterred from the language barrier that made the saturn or pce weak in the west (and region lock out but you get what I mean).
The 360/Xbox/gamecube2 were embarassing and I didn't really feel like buying anything. I eventually sold my PS3 to buy dreamcast games. Like what in the hell stopped so suddenly between 2002 and 2008.

How are they troubling?

No, none at all.

Wouldn't you like something to show for your time invested instead of just pissing into the ether?

Needing a gaymerscore and achievement normalfag shit to justify playing games and showing off that you play them is like thinking you need nigger dicks cumming in your asshole in order to live. Leave.
>>>/reddit/
>>>/facebook/

No, I just find it depressing especially seeing I have tens of thousand more hours not logged by steam.
inb4 37% unplayed, bundles nigga

More liek xBONED amirite

This chart seems wrong.

I guess I've been doing it all wrong this time then. So what is your motivation?

Just play games because you want to play games you redditor normalfag. No one here cares about your gayscore or achievements, 90% are handed out for doing casual shit like turning the game on.

Link to whatever site that gives you that info?

The satisfaction of playing through the game? No useless badge needed for that. Although achievements can be ok if they are more about different play styles like in the console port of Fear where there are separate achievements for not using slow mo, ammo, or boosters. This sets a nice challenge and better incentive to replay rather than the usual "Get 50 Headshots" or "Listen to every call" (Fear also has these).

Microsoft is shifting to blur the line between PC and Console somewhat. Their goal seems to be to offer the Xbox One as a dedicated gaming/entertainment center unit that shares a library with your desktop PC. Sorta. They're half assing it and trying to maintain proprietary shit. Once SteamOS gets a solid media center suite going the Xbox One and PS4 will both be fully redundant.

If they want to do this right, they need to make Xbox One games run in Windows 10 natively, and offer an optional and FREE frontend that works with a controller for MCPCs. I'd be down to run that OS on an ITX system in my livingroom, unable to connect directly to the WAN, instead going through a heavily firewalled in-home proxy to only let it access a very limited sector of the internet.

I'm all for hating on gamerscore epeen measuring shit, but good cheevos can inspire unusual play.

Agreed, and it only helps them that they have exclusives that are actually good

Playstation One begs to differ.

It was the first to be marketed to older players and it did it well.

So hardware aside, is there even First-party talent left in Microsoft? because they've been closing studios left and right, franchises from different genres are left in the Xbox and Xbox 360, the Xbone is fucking barebones.

Holy fuck, thanks for reminding me

Brand loyalty is a fucking disease and its depressing that the majority of people think like this.
But I'm sure this is 4a7ccf trying to bait people again.

I can absolutely see that happening with the Scorpio.
Physical games which work both on on their console and on a computer with their DRM activation.

There are two types of console wars, rivals and enemies. The first is being a good sport, the latter is being a retard. When some of us think of console wars we think of it akin to rivalry between Ryu and Ken which is healthy attitude to have as the game is trying to push each other to improve on oneself. Being enemies is just that, beating the competition down in an attempt to destroy them which isn't good for anyone.

I disagree, while the companies producing consoles should certainly have rivalry any rivalry between customers of either brand is just retarded.
If all you are doing is giving some of your money to a corporate entity you don't have any reason to have any emotional investment at all. If you do find you have an emotional investment maybe you need to step back and remember brand loyalty is pointless from an consumer perspective (but can be beneficial from a business perspective).

Rather than argue which corporate entity is better I prefer to take a detached look at their overall position in the industry and the effects of their presence.
All in all I see consoles as vital to expanding vidya 30 years ago when PCs were prohibitively expensive and took a lot of knowledge to operate but over the past 10 years I feel their existence to be less and less justified. Between PC getting much cheaper and easier to use combined with the rapid growth of the vidya industry I don't see them as being helpful to the industry as a whole anymore and even being harmful with the many anti-consumer practices they promote.

I would be happy to see consoles die in the next couple of years and hopefully take these practices with them.

This
I can only see handhelds justifiable

In the interest of compatibility I would like to see Android / Linux handhelds become the norm so all developers can use Vulkan to publish to every platform.
With this level of unification we should see increased optimization as there would only be one API that everyone learns and those that excel in any field will be able to transfer their talents to all others.

cheevos are a data mining strategy to collect information about play habits for free rather than having to do surveys.
You're a moron bragging about how long he's been wearing the ankle bracelet monitor his probation officer gave him.

>See some random eceleb mention halo wars 2 in a barely positive light on twitter, with the official halo account tagged in the post
Yeah they're really desperate

XBOX IS DONE

This is what happens when you only believe the snake selling of your advisors instead of seeing what the people want. No one wanted the one-to-all multimedia pipe dream of bill Gates.

POST YFW MICROSOFT WILL DIE IN YOUR LIFETIME

I'd love for someone to build a Steam console for 499. Valve couldn't do it because they refuse to subsidise amd support it.

I played every JRPG on the 360 and finished all the story in them and I only had 70k achievements.

Seriously gamer score is fucked up. It's for autistic people spending way too much time grinding for them. Pic related. But some people enjoy that stuff I guess.

Raiden V
Rare Replay
Killer Instinct
Scalebound (LOLNOPE)
Forza

Bought the bone used for a over hundred dollars less than a game store would sell it. I still regret my purchase.

It's basically my Banjo Tooie machine.

Usually a console, ANY CONSOLE, has two or three games I'd play.

The xbox has literally nothing. And I have eclectic tastes. Impressive Microsoft, most impressive.

And the kicker was that you still had to be a cable customer and plug your xboner into the cable box to use that retarded feature, plus own a Kinect so you could tell your xbox to watch TV, effectively wasting $500 to save the trouble of pressing the input button on your remote to switch from video game to cable

I have to call bullshit on that. Either you're misunderstanding the point of achievements, or whoever thought that you could get any useful data from them is a phenomenal retard. They don't inform anybody on player metrics, because the achievements themselves become a part of the meta-game which ALTERS player behavior in order to obtain them. Whatever data you'd get from them, at BEST, would be horribly skewed and near worthless.

If they wanted to track player behavior with the hopes of using that data to figure out what players wanted and didn't want in their games - then they'd make them invisible and just write the data collection clause into the EULA which nobody reads. Instead, they've made "Cheevo/Trophy hunting" into a game in and of itself… and made the achievements themselves so piss easy that what it really amounts to is another arm of their marketing. People now buy games just for easy achievements, and are encouraged to BUY and play even MORE games so that they can have a bigger achievement score than their friends!

They're not gathering data. It's just another way to leverage social media to sell sub-par products to retards.

They are gathering data. You get cheeves when you beat a certain part of the game, they get data on how much of the game players complete on average.

They couldn't give a shit about how players play their game, only how much of it they do.

If you say so fam, then it must be true.

Better yet, Adopt an Ouya today!

I don't see why these Star Ocean games aren't on PC too…don't they use a multi platform engine?

I hope you like diapers and shit gameplay.

Fuck, forgot the link
gematsu.com/2016/06/square-enix-considering-star-ocean-5-pc-port

oh it's bad? fuck me.

also, why didn't you archive this. god damn it.

What? As in motivation to play a game? How about actually wanting to play the game? Why would this be a hard concept to understand.
I get that you really love the little buzz from the virtual headpat, but needing to prove to your faggot friends how much of an epin gaymer you are turns you into the xbox kid from this pic .
Do you avoid reading books because you don't get a little "beep boop" sound when you finish chapter 2?

No, but I do read books in the hope that it expands my vocabulary and reading comprehension. I admit I would find it hard to straight up read without feeling like I'm gaining something.

What could possibly point in that direction? Isn't discussing the state of the industry what brought about the first exodus?

Nah, the xbone has nowhere to go but up, meanwhile Sony is already starting to crash and burn with the PS4 Pro. I guess you can't get people to buy nogames twice. Here's to Microsoft in 2017!

Mine is. Its probably minor overkill but its a couple of years old now. Its still going and requires no upgrades or repairs.

No thanks

Itd be nice to have more games on less consoles, but one less source of competition would only make shit worse. Nintendo is already going paid online; with even less competition, Sony and Nintendo would be fucking awful.

I know 4/v/ kiddies here love console wars and the possibility of getting to jerk themselves off over Microsoft exiting the console industry but this would be awful for everyone involved no matter what corporation's dick you suck

Non-handheld consoles need to die out entirely.

You're right, Microsoft is a real power player in the console industry that made the 8th gen so memorable and amazing!

that the last fucking thing i want to happen, it will only lead to shit like games for windows live and the fucking windows store having more exclusives.
That said its not like any of the exlusives so far are even worth playing and it doesnt look like any will be in the future either.

Did Xboned ever became the next watercooler?

No, but the Pro became a Jet Fighter

Their life insurance department still is the biggest breadwinner. It's their film and TV division that are failing, so much in fact that Sony is trying to sell the film division or put it under the Playstation department.

I'd be rather okay with this, a return to physical PC copies. Hell, I might buy a Blu-Ray drive if this is the case.

I don't think you understand what I meant by physical user.
Those are mostly dead bar some exceptions

It'd be more interesting if they'd just let you run the game if the disc is in the drive. A bit old school. It'd never happen, but whatever.

But Netflix tho

Do people enjoy eating shit? Xbox brand isn't going anywhere as long as that's the case so obviously that's a no. We lose Sega and get this shit. You all deserve this.

It's just excited about Ace Combat, fam.