Just finished beating unreal 1

Just finished beating unreal 1
Now playing Unreal 2, Holy shit this game sucks. you move at a snail's pace and the only good thing about it is dat ass on Aida.

after I beat 2 i'm going to 2004 then 3.

for what purpose? skip that shit

go play 2k4 now

just playing in order.

You didn't play UT99?

first unreal i played and beat.

The original Unreal is some good shit. I really ought to replay at some point.

There needs to be another single player Unreal.

Unreal 3: Return to Na Pali 2

Did you also finished Return to Na-Pali?
Play this UT Mod called 'Operation: Na Pali'. It's a cool singleplayer campaign.

More Aida tits pls.

i played return to na-pali but not operation.

Go ahead then. I enjoyed it, so probably you too.

I love that skyline, makes you wish you could go to those other floating islands to see whats there.

It's shit. Quake 2 is better in every way and was released a year earlier.

Oh boy its the same faggot that comes to shit in every Unreal thread with "lol Quack is better amirite guise"

lol

Lower energy than yeb, tbh fam.

Quack was good graphically but its gameplay was shit. it was too smooth to the point it was unfun.

Tells us more about your taste than Quake 2 which has objectively better gameplay in every way over Unreal, but okay, let's roll with that.
I've seen a lot of nonsensical criticisms for Quake, but this probably takes the cake. You're going to have to elaborate on that one.

Am I the only person in the universe who actually enjoyed Unreal 2? Was way better than Halo.

You aren't even elaborating on why Quack is better than Unreal, you're just shitposting for the sake of shitposting.

See

By "every way" I really do mean every way.

I can see someone preferring the style of quake 2 to the first quake. There's a whole different feel to the level design. And the futuristic enemies are cool. The reason that the first quake tends to be regarded so much higher is because it was much more of a landmark game when it came out than quake 2.

Not that I agree, but quake 2 has its place. The unreal games really aren't bad though. I really need to get around to replaying them.

This is a really unfair criticism.
You what? Its a fps smooth is ideal. If the mouse looks too much for you just turn down the sensitivity.

It's shit. Quake is better in every way and was released a year earlier.

I just beat unreal 2, Time for unreal 2k4

By "every way" you mean "It's the one I played growing up".

Quake is garbage compared to UT.

I actually grew up with both, which is why I can give a (close to) unbiased opinion of them. Unreal didn't overtake Quake until 2k4.

All of the Deathmatch, CTF, TF, and Arena mods for QuakeWorld combined make UT not just shit, but insignificant shit.

I was just about to make thread about this, is Unreal Tournament 3 good enough to pirate and play through it? How is its mp?

Not good enough to pirate it, not worth the bandwidth, the single-player portion is garbage with some ridiculous story to attempt to justify deathmatch shenanigans, and multiplayer is dead. You want to know how bad it is? The game was literally designed for consoles, and it ran on consoles at a slower speed. Literally. The speed values in the engine on console are slower. To get it back up to proper speed for the PC version, they simply readjsuted those engine values to be higher which, you can probably guess, made everything feel really fucking weird because the game is running at about 130% of the speed it was designed to run.
Pure trash.

Have you used the latest unofficial patch?

Yeah, Unreal 2 is nothing at all like Unreal 1, is it?

It would look better with proper lighting, but can't be helped that it's an old game after all.

I liked Unreal II when I was a teen.
But compares to recent titles, it's really weak.

nah, instead of throwing you into an unknown planet alone you have bunch of story and character npcs talking to you and shit and your character moves like ass

Yeah, I tried replaying it last year and couldn't be arsed to play past the second level.
You move so slow and the weapons are so ineffective (either inaccurate or plain weak) it just isn't worth the time.
I wish UC 2 was ported to PC in the Unreal Engine 2, just so we could play another Unreal game. Or maybe an Xbox emulator never ever.

What i did to make the game bearable and playable was to go into console and type setspeed 4. but you have to do this after every cutscene.