Can you call yourself a gamer if you can't even afford video games?

Can you call yourself a gamer if you can't even afford video games?

Yes, just fucking pirate it. If you don't have money then how are you going to give the devs money?
If you mean "too poor to afford a machine" or something of the sort you have bigger problems

Nah, poorfags have no business playing games

Typical, I bet you siphon gas too.

Steam sales and people giving away old bidya.

Most videogames are free. The hardware to play even the newest titles becomes affordable in a few years. Never buy a laptop for games, they just take away from your total amount for momentary satisfaction.

I've resorted to playing fightcade on my toaster and my old 360.

OY VEY WHO NEEDS TO PAY FOR STUFF

This is how you spot the jew

Anyone can be a "gamer" if they actively play video games. Also trying to turn this into an argument is fucking console wars tier.

What are you talking about video games are free?

Yeah, i have played more videogames than half this board without spending a cent other than buying the platforms to play them.

Yes, those pesky Jews, we ought to do something about them.

Can you call yourself a booker if you can't even afford books?

there are only a handful of good video games released in the last five to ten years, and anything worth playing before that is usually cheap and low on resources.
IDK how you can be a gamer if you can't afford a garage sale pc and a Doom floppy disk though.

I don't call myself a gamer because the term is stupid as fuck in the first place.

I don't know who's jewing who.

Yes. It isn't even that hard.
PC is full of free games. Gamejolt is full of it. Newgrounds is full of it. We've got an RPGMaker community that releases all their games for free too. Then there's the abandonware scene, with Beneath a Steel Sky, Warzone 2100 and Abuse, among others. Then there are the libre games out there, like Xonotic, Red Eclipse, Minetest and SuperTuxKart. You don't have to touch piracy or emulation and you can still have plenty to play.
As for consoles, old consoles are cheap as fuck if you know what you're doing. Get a Genesis/Mega Drive or SNES and buy the cheaper games. Get a Speccy/C64 and all the public domain games for them, and feed it into the computer through an MP3 player. You have loads of options.
And this is assuming you can't get some good deals yourself. Find a guy building a new gaming PC and politely ask for some parts, and you can slowly build something that can play loads of free games. Find a guy throwing out his old Wii, and offer to take it off his hands. Go to car boot sales or retro vidya events, and get some good stuff for cheap.

And if you want to really get into poorfag territory let's go full third world. NES clones still exist, and carts are still being made for them. All the old PCs that companies can't pawn off get dumped in third world countries, where they're refurbished and sold for cheap. I saw a fucking DVD player with a controller port in the back and a disc full of NES games, like some 9999 in 1 thing. Shops sell CDs with "legit" copies of NFS Underground, Max Payne, Half Life, Age of Empires 2, Numerous GTA "mods", romsets with emulators, MAME collections and all sorts of other things. The PS2 is still a big deal, and burned versions of games are really easy to get Remember that Syrian PS2 game covers thread?. You don't even need the Internet to play vidya comfortably, and for cheap.
If they can build a decent vidya collection on a shoestring budget, so can you.

Yes Goyim buy my games

Yep

Why not?

The hardware is overpriced and underpowered, and any portability is trashed by the fact that you're going to have to carry around a bunch of extra shit to play anything more than Tetris.

I just told you. If you buy a gaming laptop you are wasting the money you could ultimately put in to a desktop further down the road. Also this

Desktops are way cheaper and more powerful (if the person building it is not a complete moron).

You'll all be poorfags once the gross capitalist machine reaches its ultimate state.

Laptops are for work on the go, and maybe playing some 10 year old games.

Never ever.

Assume that the faggot thinking "but make computers ids hard" has no idea what lego is, and an IQ worse than a kenyan's.

laptops are for shitposting while you're shitting

Also:

This. I actually do use my laptop for gaming, but not for anything made after 2006.

Is there any other kind of game worth playing? Because two years ago I got a used laptop for 200 bucks and it plays every good game there is. Yes, my "gaming rig" is a laptop from 2011 with intel integrated graphics, come at me.

As a poorfag who play on old consoles and a laptop it's not so bad if you were raised with Dial up and aged hardware. As it turns out there's plenty of modern games that come out that you can play. See pics related. You can be the judge of my shit taste if you want but there's plenty of shit you can get. Most of the stuff in the first pic I just torrented on a whim, havn't even played some of it for more than a few minutes. I plan on buying some of them when I'm not working two jobs just to get through college.

Point is that you don't need a high power computer to have fun. Though if you're smart do yourself a favor and buy a desktop. While typing on my lap is fun, I've been dying to play more modern games at 60fps.