Project Ascension WotLK 3.3.5 Private Server

THIS SERVER HAS NO CLASS

Project Ascension WotLK 3.3.5 Server

Ascension is a progressive Classless project, starting from Vanilla progressing through

the expansions. The realms vary from softcore: just the Vanilla world with Classless

systems to hardcore with elements like Hunger, High risk death, and Randomly Enchanted

items. Players can join guilds and parties as any faction.

When you die in PvP, you have a chance of losing gear; if you kill a player, they drop

a chest with their loot inside.

Random enchants are enchants in gear from uncommon to epic that give players

enchants based on different talents. For example, you might get a chestpiece that increases

pyroblast damage.

You can get spells and abilities by spending Ability Essences (AE) and Talent Essences (TE)

You get 1 AE per level, and 1 TE per level at level 10. You can spend it on any spec from any class.

There is also stat allocation, so you can change your base stats at anytime out of combat.

project-ascension.com/register

Download the latest patch for it here: mega.nz/#!vw1UVKqb!0wL1sDS-_N79T55A1hSK0WwYZEGgQCa2jec3-2uFLgs
mega.nz/#!20QH2ZbC!tznn9X0s_mMUXGOC6OjNR3DGrkIEu70bsUHRVxGBRS4 –Use updated Patch-A in other link.
Place it inside your WOTLK Data folder.

Guild name is Whisper Barney or Widge for invite.

Other urls found in this thread:

wowhead.com/forums&topic=107792/are-judgements-considered-melee-or-spell
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sounds kind of OP.

GM's make sure to balance it all out.

my bad

i made a new char to try out something else, haven't caught you online yet

PM Widge

Wow thanks for crushing my dreams of an arcane mage/balance druid hybrid monster

That's not the fun I'm looking for.

So what can you have rogues with pets and spears + shields? :^)

You can still be that, and powerful, but don't expect it to be a breeze to pvp.

Yeah, and you can have them tank too if you want

weren't these the fags selling beta keys?
Because I am not paying to play another private server.

You can just register and play, I don't know what's up with the closed beta stuff.

Everybody can use plate or whats the deal

Yes, but you need to take stats into consideration, you don't want strength and stamina as a mage for example.

so everyones gonna be a warrior with windfury weapon, hemorrhage, seal of command, blessing of freedom, AND heals?

wait no not hemmorhage, just sinister strike since thats less talent points
but still sheesh
they would've been better off with a double class server

how do talents work? do you just have access to every tree?

Bubble

Everybody can use plate or whats the deal

Does everybody have a Strength, Energy and Mana Bar ?

Yes and only level restrictions in place of "x amount in this tree".

Yes.

It's called rage.

I don't know why Holla Forums just copy paste my last post.

Anyway all questions:

1) How does resources work? do we have access to all of them?
2) How do talent trees work? do we have access to all of them?
3) do hunter/rogue/shaman abilities use Agility?
Why should I use Strength when I can just stack Agility which is better since it gives Crit in WOTLK as well as dodge? can I just be a plate user using agility with offensive and defensives from other classes? Seems broken if I can just get shapeshifting and be unkiteable and unstoppable melee force because casters have no chance to survive.

You have access to every tree, the only limit is the new tier every 5 levels, but you don't have to dedicate yourself to one.

In pvp, a lot of players caught up with those types of builds, so they use stuns, fears, casting etc to counteract it. On top of that, weapon damage is at 80% globally and permanently, so it isn't as OP melee.

Everyone has a rage, energy, and mana bar.

You have access to all the resources, including combo points. You have access to all talent tress. They could for crit and attack power.
Strength is for melee attack power. It gives you more than agility, but agility gives crit as well iirc.

It can be viable, but someone WILL end up finding a better way to get you, since there is a lot to take into account.

You also have to allocate your stats. You can build around agility and use plate, but plate isn't a good armor class for agility.

Does gagarin hack work here? If yes imma downloading

Pathetic

only cucks feel emotions

What are the GM names? Just whisper them to look out for new players hacking.

I don't think it works anyway, the server uses a custom exe file to run. GM's are always on too.

I gave blizzard more than half billon dollars i have every expansion known to man just to find out i have been cucked last 3 expansions. I know every little bucket and chicken around wow. I wont waste my time on some custom sever where you cant choose class

You wasted your time commenting on this thread about a game you don't even play, seems like you got enough time to try it.

lmao baww baww someone is hacking xD LEL BETTER TO REPORT IT TO MOM xD

Ignore the attention starved faggot.

cuck off

is it possible to do hunter pet+warlock pet+dk ghoul+dk gargoyle? or are there limits on pets?

You can have one or the other, not both.
I think the only ability with 2 pets is feral spirits, and that's temporary.
Also its a progressive server, so it's starting at vanilla, meaning no Death Knight abilities yet.

Good question, it's possible pet summoning is restricted or simply limited by code design, but you can buy all the summon spells.

Ok im downloading time ot hack the shit out of this noob server. Let's see if you will report one hit kill with concealed name toon like im about to make

inb4 everything is a completely unscripted mess.

Sounds like someone got their feelings hurt

I can't speak for anything past level ten but the quality is very alright, NPC's and all work fine. I even saw a scripted sequence happen in Brill.

The major problem in the server is mobs glitching out and becoming invulnerable to aggro (evading) seemingly permanently, I don't know if GM's clean them up or what when it happens.

If theres a bug, you could report it, or go to project-ascension.com/bugtracker

It's widespread, I doubt they don't know about it already.

What's your ign so i can hack the shit out of you you little bitch

This is just one of many reasons people think hackers are faggots.

hello reddit, glad you followed us here

Hahah figures only 16 year forum browsers resort to hacking shit games because they have o amount of skill.

Also, sorry OP but I dont feel like downloading 16gigs of shit to play for 5 minutes.

LET ME GUESS, EVERYONE HAS STEALTH AND VANISH

Okay 36 year old balding man.
I was on your side when I was new to the whole MMO scene.

In comparison you are like:

I'm in, now how do I move these ugly-ass talent buttons away from the center of the screen?

Hover the cursor near them until they are glowing white then you can move them.

You're talking to someone who has been playing since Vanilla and even plays Legion ik help me

Agility gives armor, dodge, crit, AP
Strength gives AP and parry

Agility is better itemization wise because of armor and crit being alot
There's nothing impeding you from getting agility instead of strength and using Plate. There's no reason NOT to use plate. Inner Fire from priest with plate, along with the armor increases from clothies and leather + plate is BROKEN (boomkin, inner fire, plate sounds broken)

Also if you're gonna cuck melee by reducing their weapon damage by 20% then you can just go full wizard, which can easily 1 shot in WOTLK

Hell you could even get kick-wind shear-rebuke-pummel-mind freeze and just rotate them and casters can NEVER EVER Cast

Your meta will revolve around people going plate + armor increases from cloth/leather and using instant casts and lots of defensives/self heals.

Sounds like a boring pvp meta to me.

This. fucking stupid.

And then comes along a gnome nigger mage with pink hair and fireballs your ass to the great dark beyond because your magic resist is null

dropped.

you do realize you can just get paladin auras right? as well as totems, mark of the wild. You can cap magic resist very easily, as well as get passives from classes

You do realize you don't have infinite spell currency right?

Also what makes you think you'll be able to cast high level buffs if you're not putting points into Intelligence?

what server is everybody on?
I joined the high risk but cant find a damn soul.
probably a good thing as my sham/paly dorf would get wreaked by somebody who is a lot smarter about this then I am

High risk, just who the guild or barney

what are the differences between the two servers? site has no info and forums dont seem to be up.

Is it just me or does the no-risk server not work at all?

it doesn't work at all the only server is the high risk server

/who doesn't function due to people using it to hunt people down, just "/w Widge", or "/w Barney" to whisper me.

both /who frog men, /who frog and /who barney result in "0 players total"
is it bugged out because horde/ally split?

We had a guild war today with Recruiting more to fight the good fight!

Also

pass, I'll stay on Zeth'kur with the other guys

This is pretty fun.

You're not very fucking creative are you?

I want to make something akin to the Guild Wars 1 Mesmer; something with a lot of disables. Does that sound viable in the slightest? How would I roll up one of those?

You can spec into stuns, fears, freezes, charms, and you could get frost related spells to slow people, as one example.

Lots on int then I'm assuming, right? I'd also probably have to roll exclusively with someone since my damage would be almost null.

Lots of int, but you can circumvent it a bit with spells like life tap or innervate as well as talents.

You don't have to, Frost mage spells are good dps to deal with single people, but it would help a whole lot in groups, pvp or pve.

So… can I make a Soul Link Warlock with Siphon Life, Thorns, Mark of the Wild, Concentration Aura, Dispel, Poison Cleansing Totem, Shadowform, Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Embrace, Inner Fire and Frost Armor?

Yes

I haven't done the math but sure.

Barney dude, I might not be able to play until Friday, sorry for taking your gloves and disappearing.

Muh gloves!

Who are you btw lol

Just made a little weakauras unitframe to replace the (imo) ugly default one, any suggestions?

A new undead, but I made a nelf for reasons.

You don't need intelligence to cast buffs. Intelligence doesn't make you cast high levels buffs. You only need a higher rank buff. There's no Intelligence requirement to train the ability in WoW, unless your private server has purposedly put stat requirements.

don't forget boomkin form

Good luck casting spells without mana nigger.

go back to retail

bump

So… is this a copy of Awakening, in short?

Awakening after 2-3 name changes

it is Awekening

But awakening was WOTLK(restricted to level 70) on launch, I had a lvl 68 character there.

Did they retreat the level cap even further? is it not true Vanilla then, but wotlk running vanilla content at 60?

Also to answer a few people:

You'd be surprised, but you don't have the points to have both that AND do decent dps. You CAN make yourself "unkillable", but most peopel don't bother, prefering to burst down people quickly before others come over.

Stealth is pretty much a must, still. Bubble isn't though, and most people didn't bother with blink because stacking stuns isn't that good of an idea(since it's wotlk, NOT vanilla, stuns stack horribly).

That's true as fuck, when I stopped more than 65% of the server was running this shit, even after the melee nerf.

Two warnings. One, it uses the WOTLK talent tree, so don't bother with vanilla talent calculators. Two, IT NERFS THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYTHING. Really, if there's any talent that's really good and ended in the bottom of the trees to compensate for it in retail, it's nerfed here. Case in point: Shealth of light and the enhancement shaman's talent that does the same thing(30% Ap to SP)? Both nerfed, you must get both to get the effect of one. Yes, everyone wanted to use Titan's Grip and instant skills too, take a guess? Nerfed. Self-heal build to have a blood DK before blood DKs happened? oops, all self-heals were nerfed to the ground(this is the reason I gave up on the server btw).

I have no idea how it is now, but I dropped until it became less obnoxious at the very least. Also, take a guess how fun is dying once and dropping 8-12 pieces of gear at level 60+.

Oh, and there wasn't dual talent specialization either, so you couldn't have a raid build and a survival build.

they are constantly changing, its Vanilla with Wotlk client

Quite the opposite, not many people are using stealth most people are stacking defensive cooldowns because you can chain them down. Most popular builds i have seen are Flametongue + SoR

SoC + WF was never that OP, SoR + Flametongue was alot stronger.

Its basicly like WoW's version of Rust, you drop everything and the enemy can take it

Did they change crafting to accommodate the gear dropping on death or is the best gear still from raiding.

SoR + Flametongue was "fixed" to make SoR deal 1 damage months ago, user. Did they revert the change to make it op again?

And no one used Flametongue past level 30. Did you know that Judgement could proc WF? At full range?

This is pure evil. This is the point Blizzard themselves have been trending to, where everyone has everything, but even they aren't mentally ill enough to actually reach it.

I thought the idea was that you have a limited number of points to buy skills/talents?

only melee attacks could proc WF so if Judgement is procing WF that means its bugged.

there is a different server that is similar to Awakening/Ascension but properly limits abilities

For example when you level up you get 3 boxes to click, one box is for offensive spells, second for defensive and third one is utility/buffs so you cannot just stack SoR/Flametongue or some other retarded combos that 2 shot people.

It is.

The thing is, Judgement IS considered a melee attack in wow retail at least during BC/WOTLK. So no, it's not a bug, it's an interation that wasn't factored in during retail because you weren't supposed to have both skills. The server has a lot of these- that's how Flametongue + SoR were born.

WF+Judgement of Light is still stupid though. Proc 3 2h hits from afar AND you're healed thrice.

Judgement was never considered a melee attack, in Wotlk when they buffed paladins to retarded OP status they added another effect which had a chance to proc the current Seal so if you played during Wotlk you would see shit like ret paladins judging you from 20 yards and then seeing SoC proccing on you which didnt make sense in normal situations.

WF + Judgement of Light is a nice synergy but its not that OP since heal on Judge of Light is pathetic unless that guy is picking insane survival abilities and other self-healing stuff.

Nope, read here:
wowhead.com/forums&topic=107792/are-judgements-considered-melee-or-spell

And yes, JoL(all self-heals, really), got nerfed to the ground.

look at date of that post and reread what i wrote again, in TBC and before it was a normal spell, in Wotlk they added another effect allowing it to trigger Seals, thats one of the reasons Holy Paladins never went OOM in wotlk

Nothing is better than balance made by idea "everyone can use everything". The only thing better is "lvl 255 pvp servers" or "0 skill cd 0 cast time" realms.

Whisper Brast for invites if Barney is offline.

this

So is there PvE progression at all? or do people only do PvP?

This. I want to build a class that can do both. THAT is what my autistic self finds fun.

Can confirm, people do dungeons

Plenty of class-juggling tism in this server

I remember people spamming LFG for dungeons, summoning people to the entrance and killing them for loot. Good times.

bump

why not play WOTLK like normal people

Anyone got a horde guild?

Guilds are both factions. Whisper Famine and I'll send you an invite.

Time to roll a Lich.

No DK skills or BC races.

Is the scripting any good?
Are quests broken?
Do pets work properly?
Why should I switch from Elysium to this?
Is a mage tank viable?

He could still combine frost mage with Shadow and Affliction.
Why no DK skills? Too hard to implement or too unbalanced?

Also can you have both windfury and that warrior/rogue "swords get 3 extra attacks sometimes" thing together?

No idea, none I saw, yes but you can only have 1 and you must buy each pet command individually, only do so if you wanna enjoy wotlk with a lvl 60 cap and no wotlk/BC content and like sperging around with builds AND like to grief/get griefed like in Rust.

Yes he could, I'm just warning him so he doesn't waste time planning with stuff he won't have.

Because you can't have the class, since it's "vanilla" - as in, "we are running wotlk and cut all wotlk/BC content including DKs, Northrend, and Outlands".

They plan to make fake progression through the dungeons/expansions, releasing bits every few months.

Oh i get it.
With regards to energy and rage, can you have both that and mana? How do combo points work?

honestly, raids will be piss easy with custom skill-sets, pvp is all that will matter and they picked the expansion where fights took 15 minutes to finish. fucking great

also,

i see cash-grab potential. you'll invest points into an OP spec then you'll get nerfed, be forced to pay to respec/retrain your class into the other OP spec, it gets nerfed too, forced to respec/retrain again etc. etc. sooner or later you're out of money and looking to the cash shop to respec

You start with all 3. Like normal.

by the way, is the xp gain blizzlike or is it any faster?

So far they have purged everyone's talents and skills when they change stuff that badly. And they said they'd change dungeons/raids to give the players a challenge. I agree with the cashgrab potential though.

They spent months nerfing shit because people kept crying for being oneshot. They are only reverting some of these changes now.

Oh and everyone: they just reverted the melee nerf. You aren't dealing only 80% base melee damage anymore, rejoice.

Blizzlike, still much faster than vanilla since you cherrypick shit.

i see. it sounds better than i anticipated

the real question is are they going to have the events as they progress through the expansions?
I want to be able to do the scourge invasion again.

Was Scourge invasion Wotlk only?

It happened right before wrath and the first time naxx came out.
tough you couldn't turn into a zombie and maul people for the latter.

Oh sweet naxx vanilla?
Guess theres still something to look forward to in elysium then.

Kinda wish it wasnt so hard to get pre-raid gear as a dps.

If you've ever played a classless game like Asheron's Call (who am I kidding, of course you haven't) you'll know that you just end up with a bunch of defacto classes based on meta

Here's what I'd predict: a healer class with rejuv, that super efficient paladin heal, nature's swiftness, bubbles, life tap (if that's possible), shapeshift (travel form) or blink, evocation maybe, BoP, probably warrior defensive cooldowns if there's anything left at that point

Which sounds pretty OP but there'll be a stealthed intercepting windfury cold blooded kidney strike plate wearing warrior rogue with counterspell, silence, mortal strike, and every CC except maybe polymorph and roots

this is the most important question

Can I respec ? say you want to experiment with other builds

You can, but I have no idea if it costs anything ingame

Druid nature's swiftness, shaman nature's swiftness, or both?

I also just realized that what you're describing fits mistweaver monks nearly perfectly

Fuck this goddam bullshit.

Nice try

You can afford to also take stealth and always use it to avoid others in stealth

Why not just get Track Hidden then?

You have 3 skill respecs and 3 talent respecs, there is no stat respeccing, you can change your stats freely as long as you are not in combat.

After using all 3 skill/talent respecs you need to pay in game money for extra respeccing, cost scales with your level.

now that's a good idea, thanks, gonna add it to my build now

bump

Go to level 11 or 12, dont remember. Thinking about trying some strange melee healer type thing. Is there a place in dungeons and such for support types that arent full healers? Thats assuming my build will even work.
Also I suck at PvP so I'll be a free kill all the way to 60.

I mean if you find a group of hybrid builds it'll likely work quite well, but you might struggle to find a place in stricter groups

of course the survivability will always be helpful in solo / group questing, so you could easily make a few friends to help you in pvp

Alright, I'll keep going ith this build to see how it ends up. I don't see it actually being decent until 30ish.
Also /who didnt seem to work last night. Does it work at all? I wanted to see general population info.

who doesn't work so that you can't hunt people, there's a decent amount of players (at least in low level areas) though.

Thats what I suspected. Good move.

Anybody got a client MEGA? I can't torrent.

as long as I can respec I'll give this game a try

Correct, it's what I've seen happen so far, with people running to the next most broken thing until others realize they can use broken shit Y to counter it. It's kinda like a cardgame, actually.

Which no one uses because they cut off dual talent specialization and in this server if you die you lose random pieces of gear. If at least one of these things weren't true, then yes, it's a good spec that people would use.

Oh, and they sell scrolls of mass dispell for irl cash and gold. And these DO drop of death, I got 16 from a scrub that tried to kill me(he proceeded to QQ for one hour about the lost irl money). Why do they sell it? Bubbles.

And while these skill combinations are nice and you can CC-lock people with them, they won't help you survive/deal DPS/work well with talents. Again, since you don't have dual specs to change between, you gotta pick your stuff carefully.

You almost got it right by the way, but it isn't a warrior/rogue but a cat with Frostband, Mortal Strike and poisons.

Okay dudes, you can actually spec into any talent whenever you want as long as you are the right level.
You DON'T need to build down a specific tree.
So you can actually make your dream builds

It sounds like the main cause of grief in this thread shows up when people try to guess the endgame and look at it as a black-and-white godbuild simulator.

Keep in mind that this is only the beta, and there are new changes and rebalances occurring all the time, to the point where some abilities and builds are completely different from the base game. Some specs that would be a sure thing in WoTLK just might not work on Ascension.

I personally enjoy the game as an experiment to see how much use and combination you can get out of specs and abilities. The advantage of having a classless system is that at any given level, the power of your character is based more on your own decisions and skill to make it work together functionally than how well you fit a certain niche.

It's worth mentioning that so far, I haven't seen a sure-fire PvE-PvP cure-all build. I was running a 5-man instance a while back with two characters who were ~5-10 levels higher than the rest of our party. Both were essentially fast-hitting nelf rogue-hunter-druid types with tons of DPS. Even with this advantage, we ended up wiping way more than we thought we would because no one (to my knowledge) invested much in aggro pulling or heals.

Point is, this game is not for everyone, which makes it unique to the original WoW experience in ways that one could see as good or bad. Because of this difference, we might just end up bringing in players who never liked WoTLK/WoW in general before.

this post basically perfectly describes my experience, it's super satisfying to make your own ability choices based on what you think will be the best for what you're going to be doing

So how pay-to-win is it?

Ability/Talent Purges can be bought for gold, Scroll of Experience is a boost to 60 but you get no gear or anything, Tradesman's Scroll maxes out a profession, Potion of Experience is a 1h 100% xp boost that can be bought for gold and Founder's Chest is a boost to 60 and some shitty cosmetics.

We met up and gave away prizes the other day to celebrate the opening of our first bank tab!

How does DP convert to USD? I don't care about buying anything but I am curious

1dp=1usd

They're all stealthed user.

yeah no fucking dropped
Nost/Elysium it is

The pay to win is absolute bullshit, but a lot of those things you can get with gold. I find it pretty hilarious that people would buy a 60 considering they not only get nothing else out of it leaving them screwed, but since it is a beta, it may not be permanent.

It is also funny when you take someones exp pot from ganking them.

Yeah, I ganked some guy twice and camped his corpse and he offered me an XP pot to leave him alone.

Back to elysium I go.

I honestly fail to see whats so bad about it.

Check'd in this thread,

Chink'd on Elysium.

Is there a pack of addons compatible with the server floating around anywhere? Mainly just want a bag one.

Molten Core is coming soon!

Any WotLK addon would do fine.

Honestly this shit is really fun, coming from someone who enjoys the older expansions.

It might be a struggle at first, but the more levels you gain the more possibilities you get.

i gotta get levelling so I can join in all the lvl 30 fun

it's a beta m8, your character is guaranteed to be deleted in the near future, why would you care if people are paying to get an advantage?

Are you saying boosts/resets you've bought won't carry over after beta? If so that's turbo jewish.

Gee, what an interesting question. Why the fuck would I care? It doesn't directly effect me, right? It only fucks with the community of an MMO. You know, the genre all about interacting with a fucking community.

What the fuck makes you think this should be normal in video games?

This is why videogames are dying. This is why we can't have nice things.

All that you get from it after the beta is a Supporter title in game.

After the beta I hope there won't be experience potions, but it won't affect people who don't buy that sort of stuff all that much. A guy who levels up faster won't be bothering (PK) you more than a guy who doesn't.

What can you even buy that gives you an advantage? I'd see your point if they go out of beta and you can buy 60 boosts day one, but it really isn't bad at all like this.

They might keep that, but the only bullshit thing from those boosts is that they max your professions if you have any. Besides that, these people still have to go through most of the dungeons to progressively get equipment, you can't just jump into a level 60 dungeon naked.

If you really can't figure this out yourself, you should consider going back to reddit.

Do explain how boosting to 60 gives you an advantage.

Explain it. If you can't explain it you're just shitposting.

They obvioously are.

I think at some point you're just going to have to put 2 and 2 together on your own.

It will be your mystery to solve how buying a boost to lvl 60 can give an advantage. I wish you the best of luck on your journey of discovery.

Only thing I would return to. Really want to see it play out, would change the whole game mechanics.

Your ideas are shit and you can stay out.

There'll be a more "hardcore" server. No clue if that implies permadeath or just full looting, though.

The players would not be so battle prone, new structures would emerge, guilds would get a whole new meaning (as banding together to literally stay alive within faction) etc. It's a two-way street.

I know.

They've stated the "hardcore" server is just going to have more autistic survival management stuff. Like your body temperature out in Tanaris and other menial shit.
I have a feeling everyone's going to just move to the low risk one that's in development.

And if you die? Month's of working playing a shitty game for nothing? You must have nothing but spare time.

m80, you can get most of the gear BoE, especially in cata. Make some friends. Make it 12x just so there's proper risk and it's not pain enough to start again and there you go.

*wotlk

Damn the fucking hunger system is so fucking great, I bet hardcore will be really sucessful then.
I really hope people stay on high risk.

Most stuff isn't souldbound at all in this.

The majority of items are not soulbound, even epics and dungeon loot.

You want permadeath but I don't think you realize how easy you can wipe in a raid, or even in a regular dungeon. It only takes one person fucking up.

What if you could be resurrected within 10 minutes, once every 24+ hours?

I think i would only accept perma-death if you start out at 60 or with higher rates, or if death leads to a cooldown on when you can respawn (like 1 day). Wouldn't be fun leveling somebody for days only to be killed by someone when you're doing a quest at low health.

Valentine's Day boss incoming!

m80, you're too focused on empathy. Imagine how much fun and impotent rage you'd have finding a pleb that actually brings himself into that position and sending him back to 0.

let me correct the statement. it wouldn't be fun for me

Go add Heightened Senses (Rogue Subtlety talent) too. It gives you +6 stealth detection total in addition to making spells and ranged attacks more likely to fail at hitting you.

post some draeneir

Imagine leveling in arathi highlands and getting repeatedly mugged by hordes of lvl 60s within the first week.

Just ignore them. You can only loot people within 6 levels of your own level, so what are they going to do?

Am I the only one who thinks squashing stats differences between high and low levels is a must for this server? The difference between levels 1 and 60 should be more akin to the difference of a 40 and 60 considering a 60 gets ridiculously more stats from other sources, as well as Abilities anyway.

By that logic no one would ever world PvP in regular WoW.

invite feelix to the guild

Whisper Barney, Widge, Famine, Kneegrow, Tako or Bad next time you're online.