What's going to happen?

1) Shawn gets booed off the stage
2) People throw rotten vegetables at him
3) Laughter and insults
4) Actual murder

literally who

nobody attends

he talks to an empty room.

Even after a failure as grand as NMS, they will still cheer him on and sick his dick. Cap this post and see it happen.

5) Only pre selected drones are allowed into wherever that happens and he's received with a massive ovation

5) People actually accept and believe him because the GDC is overrun by fucking retards that'll eat up everything

Is this supposed to mean results, in a castrated simile like teas and noms ?

It means mathematics.

We have a winner.
/thread

It's about their shitty generation formula, which was stolen and got them into legal hot water.

He promises to show up and then doesn't.

dumbass

What the fuck is this post.

It's not empty, it's just so massive that it'll take the entirety of the conference to actually generate it.

LOL

Lurk moar faggot.

are you two newfags or something? Not even new to 8ch newfags but new to English imageboard new?

Trying too hard to fit in, reddit?

You either can't read or don't know how /thread works

Are you seriously this stupid? was clearly not talking about his own post when he said /thread. You should probably just kill yourself you fucking faggot.

It's a game developer conference. They'll smile and clap politely when prompted and afterwards they'll all get absolutely fucked up on crack

Thanks user, I needed a good laugh.

Anyways, I'm truly shocked that this reddit-tier meme game invited a bunch of redditors here to shitpost and pretend they understand how samefagging works.

I'm not sure whether to dislike him for being a liar, but people were retarded and believed him saying things and not showing after we've had people like Peter Molyneux say shit like "YOU CAN DO ANYTHING".

Can somebody post the faggot from that panel show that got salty because someone asked what do you do in the game?

The post needs to have exactly the quote, a newline and "/thread" or else it isn't accepted by the Holla Forums shitposting committee.

Wasn't the math behind NMS's "quintillion" planets just lifted from someone else's formula whom they had to pay so they could use it?

/thread

WEW LADS calm you autism down

You are seriously fucking new to believe this. The "/thread" post is even (1)

Instead of fable could had put starbound there. Fable was a solid game.

He comes out in a dress and asks that everyone call him Shawna from now on.

People give him standing ovations

Cheers and calling him a hero

He/Zhe becomes untouchable. NMS becomes retroactively one of the best games ever made by the media. It's development problems become excused by "She was struggling with the transition, it was a difficult time, and the development reflected that". Criticism of NMS is regarded as transphobia. Talk of a sequel begins. Opens a new Kickstarter with an even more ambitious development budget, fueled by "don't let hate win" campaign. Partners with Microsoft this time.

All Zhe has to do is wear a dress and wear makeup for a few months until the budget is complete drained, then fake his death and run away to Laos or something where american dollars are worth 10x the local currency. Hire a bunch of mercs and child soldiers, armed with decades old surplus soviet hardware, and ruthlessly carve out a nation for himself.

Jesus fucking christ you're an autistic retard.

NMS is a good game that was killed by hype.

What have I done

heh

Is he still going to be wearing a dress in Laos?

You forgot the vpn

5) He's a ruined shell of his former self, becomes a new JUST-face.

NMS was killed by lazy developers who haven't done shit to save their game and released an empty garbage.

Anything could save NMS. Choose one:

1. Working multiplayer
2. Crafting and base building on the release
3. Good story and varying progression through the galaxy with good quests to do

They decided to release empty game without everything, except resource gathering. They deserve all the hate.

Holy fuck just kill yourself.

Someone is trying way too hard.

What do you think, the numales that attend that shit will ejaculate in their seats and get sore fingers from all the finger clicking.

GDC is full of pussies, they'll lap Sean's shit up and cheer him on for dealing with all that harassment.
See above.
None whatsoever, only cheers and applause.
I'm sure all that will happen is Sean will make a quip about NMS failing because Sony built it up so much that it would be impossible for a small indie dev team to deliver, making themselves look great to the shit devs that still go to GDC, and making Sony look like pricks.

Jesus reddit.

Sure, if he wants. What's the point of being the dictator of a ruthless military hunta if you can't be a little crazy now and then, and then when anybody criticizes you, you chop their arms and legs off - shove them down the barrel of a cannon, and fire them confetti style over the border with Vietnam.

Your first time hearing about GDC? all he is gonna get is clapping and more progressive indie clique points.

Fable is there for a very good reason, underage

I hate how multiplayer focused all space games are these days, really kills the atmosphere and it's a cheap trick to make a shitty game seem more fun.
This is the cancer that is killing open world games. Base building is also completely antithetical to the core game idea, you're supposed to explore, not bunker up.
I think that was pretty good actually, especially considering the procedural nature of the game. I'd say it was a huge step in the right direction even if it was still flawed.

this

All of those posts are downvoted to hell tho

5:)Standing ovations from his ((fellow indipendent game developers)) and ((game journalists)) for making such a daring and phenomenal indipendent game.

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Two possibilities.

1.) He says "Fuck Trump!"
2.) He stage whispers "Big black cocks."

it'll be reported as a huge success.
GDC and GamaSutra are both subdivisions of a larger company… a company that makes money running corporate events and conventions.
GDC is a scam start to finish and they control all the media that comes out of there.

You know, now i see this picture in completely different light. Bunch of nu males are happy that they are going to get easy cash from a product they barely put any effort to.

The guy on the right is drinking not because he's happy, but because he knows what will happen next.

fuck off back to reddit.

Guys, I'm sure this is all one big misunderstanding. We just all got of on the wrong foot. Let's all take a step back and re-introduce ourselves. Hi, I'm user, I like long walks in the beach, what's your name?

What did he mean by this?

Procedural generation is nothing special. NMS is a game where you do the same exact boring activity over and over and over again, the only functional difference being that you're looking at a different coat of paint each time. Despite having backing from one of the big three, it manages to be less interesting in the long run than Starbound or Minecraft.

I like to go to the beach, and walk on it for a while. Nothing wrong with that. I enjoy the scenery and the cool air.

Anyone have the image of "I don't know who's trolling who anymore"

He ascends to the GDC throne and quotes the ending speech of Conker's Bad Fur Day.

6) you have to pay to assist to the "presentation", assuring only brainwashed fanboys would attend it, and also getting (((GDQ))) extra shekels

"Greetings from Germany" is missing tbh

Hi, i am user too, what a coincidence. I sit at home and mostly either browse Holla Forums or play video games, slowly getting extremely fat and i haven't breathed fresh air in years.

But this doesn't mean anything, since NMS is not going to rise from its grave, just like free space exploration genre in general, the next big flop of star citizen will completely kill everyone's passion for it.

fag

Nice to meet you user. "user" is a fairly common name around here. I think "user" is German, are your parents German?

Hi. We are perfect space games with ability to land on planets. Everyone forgot what made us good.

Expecting normalfags to know those niche old games.

No, no one forgot, in fact that is the main problem people are having with ED. The ones that played the original Elite series want ED to be exactly the same only in HD and tacked on multiplayer while those who never played the original games don't want that and want a fun game instead of endless grinding. Because Elite has always been a space trucking grind.

Are there space hookers in it? Does it have a hotkey where I can skip starbases and just fill up a bunch of 2-liter "space trucker bombs" and leave them at the edges of the starlanes to splatter on some random bastards cockpit glass at warp speed? Or leave them autistically lined up in order of height and racidness the space dock of the nearest Monolith Burger?

GDC passes cost thousands and are usually only covered by employers or sponsored. They won't do shit because it's a professional conference and you act like a professional at a conference. Even some of the SJW devs go on their best behavior and try not to be triggered because the actual money men and women who fund development are on the floor (shocking, I know). Sean's just going to get polite applause and that's it.

Devs are only pissed when SJW's start shitting up their after parties. Microsoft even had a mild as fuck one at a club in SF that had a Patricks Day theme (Cause it was on the 17th) and the club, doing what it always does, put GoGo Dancers on the floor (Not Strippers, GoGo Dancers. There's a massive difference. GoGo Dancers usually wear something fetishy but their job is to work the floor to get people active, talking, drinking and dancing so the bar keeps going)

Some SJW indie tumblrina started screaming on twitter because "Muh exploitation of women" (After raiding the free bar, of course) and MS had to do damage control the next day. Even though Tak Fuiji (Yes, That Tak Fuiji) tweeted out pictures and it was a bunch of Irish schoolgirl uniforms and barely any skin. And it's SF so there are way more triggering clubs they could have booked.

It's not even remotely related to Minecraft or Cuckbound, completely different genre. I agree that procedural generation is nothing new in of itself but the thing that NMS pioneered is procedural fidelity and scale. NMS is one of the most interesting games released in a decade or so.

He reaches the center of the room.
The room resets.
Hes standing at the edge of the room again.
Every attendee grows limbs in random places and is in technicolor.

Nothing

and here I was, thinking neo-Holla Forums was a myth

Nope. All you can do to disrupt players activity and shut down space stations is by selling "Unknown Artefacts" to the black market. Which are Alien probes of some kind that shuts down any electrical component including your ship if you have it in your cargo hold long enough, but getting enough of them to shut down an entire station is a grind in itself. There are plenty of ways to fuck around with players but all require a good knowledge of the game and some time spent. you want to bomb people? the best place to do it is at recently discovered Alien ruins that are filled with defenseless "scientist"(redditors/autist) that are in the place scanning shit and use mine launchers and having the gravity of the planet pull them down to bomb the fuck of them, of course this requires the latest expansion pack and a good amount of time to get there and have a good ship with enough hardpoints to equip the mine launchers preferably at the bottom of the ship that and sometimes they have other players acting as guards ready to kill anyone attacking the ones scanning the ruins.

You can leave mines in front of the stations entrance point but as soon as it hits a ship the station will destroy you in a matter of seconds. The best you can do in just be a suicide bomber since stations have a speed limit and ramming into ships while speeding gives you a fine and a bounty if you kill another ship.

Reported for being a cuckchanner.

Fuck, 10/10. I didn’t even think of that when I made the original.

It was a good game, pretty much a perfect first RPG that anyone could pick up and play.

I would attend. I do agdg devshit and math is always relevant to programming. Shit devs and shit game, its inportant to learn from mistakes.

it's very boring. I wouldn't tell anyone to waste their time with something so uninteresting. FF7 is at least a memorable game, I'd say thats a good first rpg.

This.

GDC is only attended by jews and the largest cucks. No one is going to call him out for the hack he is, and chances are likely the jews will attend and applaud his work for a scam of such scale.

It's an overpriced gamedev not generic gaming convention.
People who had come to his talk will just expect to hear some interesting stuff about procedural generation. Don't get hyped for this.

The GDC has been infected by identity politics, they had flyers about muh pronouns and how not to be offensive towards LGBTBBQ snowflakes (otherwise they'll force you out of the conference). I remember a tweet from a Bioware writer who was so proud of seeing these kind of messages.

I only really liked Starflight out of those,

Rollin for 3

more like audience plants. I doubt anyone at GDC has so much as beaten a kirby game.

I did almost no space trucking in Elite+ and Frontier. I stole cargo, scooped fuel off of stars, and explored. ED is not anything like the originals.