So apparently, this shit sucks according to most fans of the series...

So apparently, this shit sucks according to most fans of the series. Reviews aren't stellar but who gives a fuck about reviews. Nier is one of the best games I've ever played and I didn't mind the clunky gameplay.

What are the chances of me liking this?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/sZHQy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Drakengard 3 reuses most of it's environments more than once and if you want that last ending you have to do side-quests for money which is a pain. It's not too bad and the soundtrack is pretty good but I'd play Nier over this.

i wish this was on pc simply because of how fucking bad the framerate is on PS3

why she got a flour on she face and stump arm

Just watch the cutscenes if you are interested in the story at all. The gameplay isn't even servicable like Nier. Its just bad.

It was her pay for having a dragon?

Eh, I already got the game, it's being shipped as we speak. I'll play it in a week or so and see how it goes.

Are the framerate issues constant or occasional?

It has severe issues, frame drops being the worst. The DLC is also necessary if you want the full picture and to learn more about the antagonists.
It also had a shoddy localization by our friends at 8-4. Nowhere good as Nier.
Might be worth checking out if you can grab it for cheap. See if you can beat the cunt of a final boss.

There's this guy called Clemps on youtube who does a run down of the story if you absolutely need to know it (there are some elements that might pop up in Nier Automata), his humour can be a bit odd sometimes but his rundown is great.

Aw man… how shoddy are we talking about on a scale of Nier to Censorblade?

People only play it for the story and music

I've come to hate Final Song

So what I get from this is

I think I can live with that. Most reviews told me Nier was shit too, perhaps the most jarring example of something reviewers hate actually being beyond amazing.

Good luck with single digit fps whenever there is a fireball.

Probably low. If you've got a hacked PS3 you can pirate it and see for yourself first. All DLC is included.

archive.is/sZHQy

(Yes that's on Facebook of all places, and yes it works, I 100% the game with it, but you must install them in the order given, and all DLC, or it will crash a bit after the prologue.)

It's unquestonably a bad game, the whole thing was made on the cheap, and it shows in terms of visuals and level design. The framerates and load times are abysmal. The actual gameplay is mediocre but probably better than the first game. I also like the intoner aesthetic (and music change, and I'm pissed off that on the OST the boss themes don't have the intoner mode part, like the stage themes do).

Also the Japanese voices give a clearer view of how out of it Zero is (and that Cent really is that fucking annoying) but the subtitles remain wrong, and maybe it's just a bug with the crack but I couldn't get Japanese voices in the prologue chapters. Does anyone know if they're supposed to work?

ACTUAL SPOILERS Pacts don't exist in that game except at the end of Ending B and supposedly none of the in-game endings lead to Drakengard 1.

Kinda suprised there isnt more lewd pictures of khaine.

I've never played any of these games aside from Neir, was always fascinated about how bizarre they are and how the story and gameplay clash in a way that supposedly matches. Still everyone I ever knew told me, stay the fuck away from Darkendard 1 and 2 unless I wanted a "narrative driven gameplay", but not at all in the same way walking simulators do it.

As everyone explained it to me, "The gameplay becomes a grind and stale so they wrote the characters slowly over time to reflect the impending boredom, around this part of the game to be fed up with all the murder even if they where psychopaths murders before. Which is where all the fun comes from." Even though its obvious they just couldn't make the gameplay fun for the entire duration, I find the lemons to lemon-aid approach of development something worth trying. Yet people have told me it "really isn't fun" and is "different for the sake of being different" but that was fully intentional, you'll ether be glad you tried it or you are going to think it was a waste of time. So I never tried them because of that explanation, but could I just watch someone play through of it or would lose most of the impact?

>ACTUAL SPOILERS Pacts… supposedly… Darkengard 1
So its not a prequel then and he lied? , or is it like an alternate time.

Framerate is utter fucking shit. I'm the last person to simply let a game pass by simply because it doesn't have a solid 30fps. If the games good or charming enough on it's own, even with technical hiccups, I'll have grand time. But fuck Drakengard 3, that shit is painful on the eyes.

And the story is shit, largely due to but in general as well. And the gameplay is shit. And the characters too! The only good thing about it is the soundtrack. I'm a huge fan of Taro's shit, love both Drakengard and Nier. But fuck Drakengard 3, isn't worth 5$ in my eyes.

Thats interesting to know, I tried emulating Drakengard and outside of the horrible emulation issues I actually kinda liked it. But with 3 I only made it to the end of Branch A before deciding I didnt want to go any further, I wonder if Nier is any better.

I personally really enjoyed Drakengard 3 tho i did play it with nip audio, i would have hated it with english audio. Did all the endings and all the DLC chapters. Thankfully the FUCK YOU ending is no where near as bad as DoD1, DoD1 took me a good 6-8 hours to get through the FINAL boss DoD3 took 4 ish hours to get it down.

But i could only recommend this to fans of DoD1 or Yoko Taro games, normal fags will not enjoy this game.

I should clarify, i can understand enough nip to play with the JP audio and correct a lot of the subtitle/translation errors, if you are relying purely on the subs with out being able to understand a lick of moon most of the plot will be lost to you.

People that try to pull the 'it gets better' line with 3 are fucking mad. I mean, Drakengard 1 is a horrible broken mess of a game, but the atmosphere, the droning soundtrack and the strangeness of it all kind of keep you hooked.

If you've played D3 till the end of branch A you should know just how aggravating the game is in comparison. And it doesn't get better. The framerate gets worse, the repetition feels more shallow than the first game (which is almost impossible), the story is all over the fucking place, characters keep making oh so funny sex jokes ad absurdum, even though it's the same fucking joke every time (like that 'UUUUHHHH getting beat up is such an alluring thought UUUUHHHH' S&M spastic). Fuck, the final boss is just a variation of the first games boss, kinda cool, but ultimately gay as shit. At times the visual spectacle gets to you, but you might as well just watch that shit on Youtube, then you won't have to deal with that fucking input delay.

Nier is probably the best of the bunch. Largely due to the servicable gameplay and a comparably coherent storyline. It may be ugly as sin, but at least it runs pretty solidly.

Without that one youtube guide I would've never made that final note. Fuck that shit.

It is a prequel, with the exception that none of the endings are the real ending.

Are you serious?