Fully grown man descends into madness while trying to convince himself that a big publisher dropping their game is a...

youtu.be/T1Ew0QB46B0?t=63

I'm guessing Valve is the only dev that can make long-lasting F2P games and make a profit.

Here's your webm.
Wolf ET was still their best game & is a better team shooter than TF2

It's better than complete c&d I guess, the guy sounds desperate but well enough masked
Dirty bomb is an ok game and it would be a shame if it died

How does this sort of thing happen?

questionable.

its being ripped to shreds by cheaters and I suspect the player retention is royal shit because of it.

From what I understood it's the opposite, SD getting away from Nexon. The playerbase is very small and the time it takes to release updates is awful, but it's a fun game when you don't have bottomscoring snipers and it's a shame SD has a shoestring staff working on it

don't we have enough of these already?

But user, this one is good.

Maybe good it's exagerate but it has a solid base. They only need to put out more content and more often and maybe avoid other cringeworthy stuff like the Christmas meme event

Pick one.

That can only be a good thing really

You got rid of Nexon, what's the next step of your master plan?

nice job doing the JUST edit on that gu-
oh, that's what he actually looks like.

You can't just drop this and not tell us more lad.

Sit down kids for I shall tell you a little tale.

Dirty Bomb uses a loadout cards (primary, sidearm, melee and up to 3 perks) for merc equipment. Last Christmas (not 2016 but 2015) and during many other events to the standard cards rotation are added special cards with a themed appearance (ie Christmas sweather camo for the Christmas event). Later updates also introduced trinkets you can hang on your primaries.

A few weeks before the beginning of the Christmas 2016 event Splash Damage deployed a rather big update that introduced changes to various maps and merc rebalancing, and they were out of time for a proper Christmas event. So instead of reintroducing the previous year's special loadouts (or do small variations on them) they did what's embedded.

For those who don't want to watch, for the duration of the event you could gain special credits to get trinkets modeled after Coaly (a lump of coal that is pretty much Dirty Bomb's mascot), Dat Boi, Illuminati and the Doge. A lot of the community cringed like I did and I'm pretty sure they will be well careful to not pull a stunt like that again, but it's too late to fully redeem them

Dirty Bomb was fun but also completely fucked over by its freemium status. Some characters are just straight up fucking better than others in a multitude of situations and, unsurprisingly, cost double or triple the amount of others. I remember doing a rough estimate of how long it took to unlock even the shittier characters and it was something around 50 games from start to finish, winning them while matching each daily mission task(s). Now multiply that by three for one good character and THAT by three to fill out a roster.

The game would have benefited so much more from doing a standard pay to play model and allowing cosmetics be purchased with real money or, at the very least, pulling a Smite and allowing those that want to pay a flat amount access to all characters while allowing anyone who wants to grind it out the ability to do so.

Im not normally one for ability-based shooters but at least this one didnt have bullshit "fuck you" ultimates: Naders nades have a tiny hitbox, airstrikes take a while to land and deployables are a pain but not super beefy. Only real problem was medics constantly rezzing people instantly which I believe got nerfed.

Is the Manic Mendez video still the truth?

When did you play? The only character I remember being overpowered was the girl chink. It only had some useless characters like the sentry guy

What I'm getting from this is that you haven't known Nexon for long.

This is like what would happen if Maxis got away from EA. Maybe then Spore could have been a thing. Or Sims wouldn't be shit.
Or maybe like Epic Games getting away from, well, themselves I guess.

Fuck me, why the fuck do you think a "big publisher" is a good thing for it?
From the little I played of this game, nearly every aspect from it has the personal touch of reverse-midas that only Nexon has. And I played a lot of "games" from them. I use "games" because they're just cashops with a game attached to it.

Now the game will stand on the merits of SD.
If it dies, SD were idiots. If it doesn't, SD were good devs.
Yeah, that's a thing because Nexon doesn't believe in anti-cheats. Or preventing gold-farmers. Someone on their forums complained that when he tried to report a gold farmer in Vindictus, he got himself a ban for "spamming".
Hackers that don't get punished are nearly always big "whales". If they notice they can cheat and get away with it, they'll spend thousands of dollars on cosmetic shit.
TF2 hackers rarely have cosmetics because they know they'll get banned within a month.

Blizzard payed them to let their game die

What the fuck are you, a 14 year old girl?

The fact some characters are being unbalanced it's true Proxy's mines need to be fucking nerfed but I think you are being too rough on the characters unlock thing, you can unlock a merc in a week or so if you play regularly. But I also agree on the benefits of a pay to play formula.

Pretty much, it's the ultimate test

Also I haven't seen cheaters in a while, but some posts portray it as if it was a cheaters heaven

Modders are fucking faggots. who are too lazy or stupid to make their own game.

I played during the betas and a bit after release then stopped for a while since they had gutted a lot of characters which made games very repetitive. Picked it up again before the big xmas event and found they had only really added a few characters at extortionate prices.

Proxy's mines were annoying but once you got a feel for maps and understood where people commonly dropped them they werent a massive problem. Could've done with a slight damage nerf to prevent one-shots and a decent arm time increase to stop them being thrown in the middle of a fight like a grenade.

They just have one job, if they are shot as not armed they shouldn't explode, too bad SD seems to lack any form of common sense

Generally people do modding because it helps them understand the development process, and doing it's a good way to get experience.

The ones who don't beg for cash aren't the ones you're thinking about.

It was never true. The video was highly criticized for calling the game P2W for false reasons. Didn't stop it from making a bad first impression for many players though.

like, are you a raging gaysexual mental ill fagget or something like it? your butthole twitching because its more of a wound nowadays doesnt mean you have hit gay menopause fyi

People still play this

I remember when everyone on here was saying this was the new Tribes Ascend (in terms of fun factor). Like Tribes, hype died down before it came out of beta.

Nexon also publishes GITS which is pretty much the same thing but with less of a grind for buying shit. They're both kind of mindless cash-in shooters though.

I haven't really found this to be the case, the default characters that you get are enough to get by with usually, plus the rotating free character every month. Skyhammer's airstrike can disable the truck well enough, and Aura is the best medic unless you can get in there with Sparks and her tiny medkits. Comparing free to paid, Arty is barely useful compared to Skyhammer. His only use is bringing down fire on fast moving groups of enemies since the arty shells do a lot of damage but have a small area of effect. I don't even thing two shots of artillery from him will destroy the truck.

You're a fucking idiot OP
Yeah, I rember these guys, had a fine time with their games, wish they would make similar games like that again instead of this mediocrity.

Didn't Zenimax try to idSoftware/Arkane/People Can Fly them with this shitty game?

I used to play this.
I don't think this is all that bad, Nexon is the cause of many of the game's faults, like the jewish card system and bad anticheat.
Oh wait, they're replacing it with Easy "We'll screenshot your entire monitor, steam overlay and keylog you." Anticheat.

At least it was free, and they didn't ask any money for it. I don't think the event was all that bad, just some little exclusive trinkets for playing and supporting the game.

iirc, yes. Brink had great ideas, just was very buggy.

Jesus user did you just have a fucking stroke?

I didn't buy that at the time because it looked like bulletstorm with parkour, or something.
Apparently everyone else thought the same thing.