God Eater thread

God Eater thread

So i got the first credits in Ressurection and i'm doing the post credits story, i just fought the first Hannibal, fun fight and the first time i've had to use the block mechanic. Really enjoying the game so far, even more than Monster Hunter Generations.

Anyone know if theres plans for a 3rd?

god eater is just like a poor mans version of monster hunter and monster hunter is a poor mans version of dark souls aka the best souls like game

What are some bad clones? inb4 god eater xddd

I don't know how you faggots enjoy God Eater, because that shit is garbage.

Soul Sacrifice has dead multiplayer, Freedom Wars is too reliant on a gimmick and it has Lost Planet 1 tier "not max rank with all the best itms already? GET THE FUCK OUT OF ONLINE" horrid online thats killing it fast, toukiden is buggy as fuck and everything else is just trash.
Worst i can say about Resurrection is not enough low rank monsters and because of its psp origins theres some shitty auto tracking on projectile moves.

My first Monster Hunter was Monster Hunter Freedom on the PSP. Found it to be very garbage and overrated.
The new games look pretty decent to play though but I don't want to support Nintendo by buying a 3DS solely for Monster Hunter.

I also liked God Eater Resurrection but haven't really been enjoying God Eater 2: Rage Burst too much.
Seems like a game that really takes a while to get good.

why do you fags like this

do you have a response or are you going to use more ancient memes you read about on KYM?

I'd get a foot cut off over playing Generations.

Holy shit that game is just terrible, particularly after 4U sucked a thousand hours out of me and it was a blast from start to finish.

Generations was worse with hyper monsters but having monsters not be able to be trapped, tired or afflicted by statuses was stupid on top of them making your hits bounce on over 50% of their body and not even minds eye would help so you had to rely on a wystone that lasts less than a minute. I'd rather have the monsters trip/hit you whenever they turn and underwater fights than Apex monsters.

Tried GE on the PSP and I didn't like the lack of weapon variety and the gameplay. Tried again with GE resurrection recently and still felt the same way.

I played the psp version first and I feel like the AI got dumber is resurrection. AOme member prioritize regrouping with you which is retarded when they decide to do with with a pissed off dyaus pita o their ass. In the psp version I could tell them to split up and they could distract it while I handled the other monster.
also I'm stuck on the arius nova, pls send help

But it is another bad clone, you tasteless piece of shit.

Between

>Continued Gunlance Nerfs
>Continued raping of Dual Blades diversity because Capcuck is too paranoid to give Para DB's without a G-Rank instance.

I mean, just let me fight Crimson Fatalis or something big and mean without autistic challenge mode requirements being thrown at me. The fact that I'm at endgame solo fighting a fucking angry crim-fatty with oiled up armor that has negative fire resist is challenge enough. Don't make me fight one with a bullfango that spawns infinitely. Stupid

I have a shitload of hours in 3U, 4U and X+Gen and finished GE2RB's main story recently.

It's totally shit as a monster hunter clone, the only thing fun about it is bullet editing but then you're still dealing with fuckall variety of monsters, faggot small monsters and overpowered blood arts.

Just because Soul Sacrifice has dead multiplayer doesn't make it a bad game though user. SSDelta is pretty fucking great and is worth playing for the story alone. Freedom Wars IS pretty fucking boring though.

I have Soul Sacrifice: Delta and honestly the gameplay is so fucking boring it hurts.
The only thing that kept me going was the story, something I don't think I've ever said before for any other game.
Specifically the background info on zones/specific monsters is fantastic.

Yeah, that's why I said it was worth playing for the story. The gameplay is fairly mediocre. The flavor texts like that are great, and the monster designs and the whole "Grimm" theme as a whole is rad as hell.

>It's like SMT digital devil hunter
There are not enough letters in the alphabet to adequately describe my disgust, but I'll try. Your DNA is mostly vaginal fungus. Your only reaction to being met with quality games is to take a mental note of them and incorrectly use them to praise trash. Your taste is so fucked vidya female NPC dialogue automatically turn into terrified shrieks as you play. If you touch a physical copy of SMT2 in good conditions, it turns into a scratched Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Fuck you.

I like God Eater more than Monster Hunter because Monster Hunter put too much mining, fishing, planting, gathering.

God Eater lets me hunt monster right off the bat

I played GE a lot on PSP and enjoyed it, which makes it all the worse that I will never play the second since they thought it was a sensible decision to censor it.

And also Denuvo.

Nana's clothes (or lack of thereof) bother the fuck out of me
She just looks so out of place
Can I change this?

God Eater is Monster Hunter for people looking for the quickest fill possible. It's fun and it's better than most of the MH clones I've played, but it painfully lacks content and variety.

Yes, some characters have alternate costumes you can unlock as you play.
The ones I've unlocked for her is a kimono type outfit and a military one.

I always wondered what the context of that picture was. Is it just some whore who gets off on exhibitionism?

Booster Hammer is ==SO== much goddamn fun I think it's almost criminal

Especially when you stack a LOT of debuff effects and damage increases ALONG with bind effects as well as even more atk/def boosters

As repetitive as it gets later on, it's truly goddamn satisfying pressing R1+ O and then just going to fucking town on a monster while it goes down by my own wit and power

You sounds a lot like a friend I know, he too hates Generations unlike 4U.

Shame too, I don't have a 3DS but I saw a vid of the various combat styles and it looked rather cuhrayzee in my eyes

Playing Ressurection and PSP Burst original is almost like Night and Day; the camera controls on the psp I can live without and not lose sleep over. Plus the new weapons are pretty fun to play as opposed to just the restricted 3 blade wpns GEBurst limited you with

I don't like how the fucking monsters mob you hard in these games. They will all congregate into the same room and fuck with you hard, atleast in GE 1, i haven't played the second yet but it really is killing my progress since it just turns into a fucking smash-a-thon as opposed to actual combat and I dont know just how to separate the fuckers.

I found God Eater to be one of the better mon hun clones out there in my opinion, which really doesn't say much considering most of them are crap even when judged on its own. Beat the first one on PSP a while back and started the second one on PC and I'm having some fun with the scythe and sniper combo. I'm slightly annoyed by the lack of clothing options and how quickly some of these monsters die, but I'm only on difficulty 3 so I expect that to change eventually. If I remember the first one right, the monsters get much tougher while your allies are only good for distractions or healing.

I should also try out the bullet editor, but I don't know jack shit about it or where to even begin.

Same here. The story and music were fantastic.

Sword blades are far supiror in my opinion, fastest weapons in the game with the best mobility, dodge cancelling is extremely useful once I got used to it I couldn't move to another weapon type.

Poor man has lost his mind to the memes.

its just girls who likes stuff up their vagoos and butts. what is there to wonder about?

Does God Eater Resurrection fix the shitty gameplay of the original?
The original was jankier than Freedom Unite with weightless combat. It made me appreciate the design that went into Freedom Unite despite my dislike of those shitty hitboxes.

No. I received 2 (which came with 1) as a gift on Steam, and they were both equally shit.

this weightless combat complaint is the one thing I dont get with God Eater.

it has anime characters jumping 30 feet high with swords bigger than their bodies, carrying huge guns and snipers with one hand.

its supposed to be weightless

It looks crazy, but it isn't. There's basically 1 good "style" for each weapon and the hunter arts are either useless or Required there is no in between.

Basically it just looks cool, actually playing it is cookie cutter for days with no variation of builds because of how forced the meta is. As an example, lets look at Great Sword.

Guild Style:same great sword, can use 2 hunter arts. The GS only has 1 good art.

Adept style: No level 3 charge outside of the bushido dodge version, which means your damage is nerfed into shit and back

Ariel Style: you can now charge off when you jump off an enemy and get topples for days! Problem is you can only charge when you jump off an enemy and cannot do the super slap because you cannot combo a charge. You gain no benefits from the topples you get. Lower damage on a level 3 than guild or adept.

Striker: No level 3 charge period, and the level 2 charge has nerfed damage, BUT YOU GET 3 WHOLE ARTS! see guild for why that's stupid.

I dunno if I'd call it bad really, but Lord of Arcana is okayish.
It's more of an RPG I guess, has zone in battle arena when you touch a monster and all that.
I only played till about the final story boss, theres like three or four more, but the game gets fairly tedious since you have to fight the same boring mini bosses over and over again just to unlock the new boss fight.
Then fight a few mini bosses again because they usually have key in order to open up the rest of the dungeon.
Oh and the game really like it's QTEs.
OST has some good tracks though, and there's some cool monster designs.

okay i shoot:is that a man?

I don't know, user. It has some form of tits and signs of self-mutilation. It might be a mentally unstable grill individual. If it's a grill, I'd poke it.

no its a cosplay whore.

you can search for more pictures of her. no nudity though

Thanks man, but i think i just saw everything… maybe even too much…

You must be a brave man or just simply a muslim to like manly girls with moustache. I salute to you!

Those broad shoulders make me really, really think it's a dude.

Not a mudslime. I'm just a brave(read: sad and desperate) man.

its a woman, a really chubby with poor hygiene scene girl woman trying cosplay for attention.

at least the guys tried to dance with her to try copping a feel during a convention.

I just can't get over those beefy arms and masculine (by Asian standards) face.

its fatty arms. google tunamelt chan, you can watch or view pics and video of her dancing, lol rolls of fat all around

One paper bag away from being perfect

Nah bruh, I trust you. Couldn't tell you what that weird line in her underwear is in that pic, though. Definitely doesn't look like a dong.

Should I go for this if I haven't played MH and I don't have anyone to play co-op with?

Lately i've got a loadout build where i go full sniper, boost dash in and one in air devour fills my oracle bar thats maxed, i back off and use custom "birthing of a small dwarf star" rounds to wreck shit. at difficulty 7 melee weapons do 200-500 damage, these shots do 2000+

Yeah its a fun little post apocalyptic nippon action game where you can be as guts or as /k/ as you want.

I'd fug her

god i'm so lonely

user, she's a whore.

Where the fuck do you see hips on that thing?

I'll be nice and I won't tell you all to fuck off and kys but for the love of all things holy PLEASE stop derailing already

I played FU first, but honestly i prefer the clunkiness of it to newer simplified games.

My problem with GE2 was that the "plot" was so obnoxious in your face that it genuinely pissed me of to the point i dropped it.

Nigger the movesets are simpler in gen 1 and 2. What the fuck are you smoking?
Generations is fucking garbage but don't even try to claim movesets are better in older games. I like FU as well but you're being delusional.

that cola is flat
also it's RC, I want some RC now

(checked)
I meant the weapon mechanics and it's a preference. Take the newer weapon mechanics, some of which were already present in 3rd, like the simplification of HH. Adjusting from FU was shit to say the least. That's why i said i prefer FU to newer simplified games. Even 3rd but 4U feels way too light after FU. If i were to describe how i feel about the two i'd say FU is like walking home at night trying to not slip on ice while 4U is like ice skating in an ice ring being helped by a friend who knows how and likes to do it. Playing 4U after FU was like suddenly being dragged into a dancing contest with a retard flailing about by total strangers and people around you genuinely cheered for both parties while you are just standing there wondering what the hell is going on.
Not the perfect metaphor, but whatever.

Wait they censored 2? I only heard they censored Resurrection and they only dialed back the blood in that one.

Thats what I heard too. Maybe user heard the word censor but never bothered to find out what ti was.

This.

Retarded shill thread.

It's Tunamelt chan.

I don't believe I need to say why

flesh colored pasties

Well if OP likes GE then it's time for me to drop it