Salsa deaded

OH NO NO NO NO

Does anyone here besides muntersperg even give a shit about GoT anymore, even in a "watching a train wreck" sense?

Did it really get that bad? I dropped it season 2.

I'll still watch it, but I'd rather it was a train wreck like L O S T than the boring shit it is.

Got shitty, picked up at the end of season 6, then continued shitty.

3 and 4 were pretty tight tbh

Season 3 takes a very noticeable nosedive at the very beginning (especially if you've read the books), and judging from the last thread (how long ago was that anyway? 6 months?) it only got worse.

You dropped it just in time

Nope, last season was when I cut the cord because it was boring instead of just making me angry.

I like watching the train wreck still with you faggots. Best of compilations are hilarious.

That's the worst fucking feeling.
I'd much rather have something shitty get so irredeemably bad that it's fun to hate instead of peter out into boring mush.

Several seasons ago they caught up with the books and had to start writing new episodes themselves. The second this happens the series takes a dramatic nosedive in quality. It was already having issues because of feminists on staff. For me the series stopped being good somewhere around Tyrion's trial. Specifically they cut out a bunch of sub-plots and fill the time it would have taken with a six minute scene they made up where Tyrion talks about some random mentally challenged cousin smashing beetles with rocks.

What specifically was cut? In the book his motivation for killing Tywin is his brother confessing to Tyrion that his wife did love him, she wasn't a prostitute, his father simply had all his soldiers gangrape her in front of him, she was just a nice peasant girl. Tyrion is upset both by this, and about the whore being in his father's room. He goes to Tywin to confront him and try to find the location of his wife which Tywin responds to with "Wherever whores go, I suppose."

All the subplots that won't be resolved or won't be important to the ending are cut, stripping the entire cast of tons of characterization and motivation and rewritten to just give us the bare bones and get us to the ending as quickly as possible. In this case, Tyrion will never find this wife, so the entire subplot of him looking for her is cut. Instead Tyrion is upset about finding the whore in his father's bed. The whore who you may recall he screamed in court was as "lying whore". His new motivation for killing Tywin is… being upset that he called this prostitute a whore. He says "Call her a whore one more time" despite himself having done it several times and this being moments after he's strangled her to death.

A common trick used in the books is that the medium means we don't know what the characters we're reading about look like, so we can be reading about the same character in multiple stories and not know it, leading to lots of fan theories and speculation. The showrunners couldn't come up with a clever way to portray this on the show, so virtually every sub-plot and character who may have been one of the main characters either just had their plot replaced with a main character doing it, or had their entire story cut entirely. Mance Rayder wasn't supposed to die at the stake, he was supposed to be swapped using magic. The Stark mother was supposed to come back as an undead wraith wreaking vengeance on everyone who betrayed the Starks.

At the same time they were cutting all these subplots, gutting characterization and erasing every really bizarre or truly interesting minor character from the story, they were killing off tons of the main cast they kept as well.

Whatever else you can say about GRRM, he's good at dialog. Once they ran out of his material the dialog noticeably began to suffer. Characters stopped talking like they would in the period, every female character suddenly drops every line about how powerful she is and everyone must obey her, virtually every conversation is referencing passed events or just spelling something out. Nothing that happens feels clever anymore.

(cont.)

The showrunners completely misunderstand basic audience reactions again and again. When Maisies character spots the Lannister soldier who's been on her list since early in the series during her training and decides to kill him, that was all the audience needed. We've seen her kill people for less. At most if they really felt the audience was that stupid they could have opened that particular episode with a flashback of scenes showing who he was and why she has motivation to murder him. Instead they write in this ridiculously cringy scene of him visiting a brothel and repeatedly saying "Too old" until he's brought a child. And he doesn't want to rape her (or at least not just) we're shown that what delights him is to beat children with whips and other torture implements and hear them scream. It felt cheap, over the top and out of place. Like what he'd already done wasn't bad enough.

The most striking example was the Sand Snakes "double daggers" and all. They wrote them as this ultra-tough feminist squad of badasses. They thought the audience would love them and they'd become fan favorites, but every scene with them was cringy, their every action was vile and evil (ranging from killing their king for refusing to go to war and assassinating an innocent girl for no reason at all) and their dialog ranged from annoying to embarrassing "You want a good girl, but what you need is a bad pussy." So they were shocked when they had them get destroyed by their new villain that it didn't make the audience despise him like they wanted, but instead cheer him on. Hell, the scene of him killing them is one of the banners on this board.

We're left with a skeleton crew of characters stripped of characterization and backstory all standing around looking directionless because they all have only the most basic motivation at this point. An army of ice zombies are coming. I should care about this, but I don't because I don't give a shit about damn near any of the characters it's coming to destroy.

Imagine if when the LotR movies were coming out, Tolkien was still writing them. So the first one is well-received but then The Two Towers halfway through starts getting written by the studio, and then Return of the King is 90% studio based on a basic plot outline that boils down to "The characters go places, they fight the bad guy, eventually they win." All the flavor, the entire journey is missing. I don't have to tell you to imagine this, because that's basically exactly what happened with The Hobbit. There was only enough material for one movie in the much shorter book, but they stretched it into a trilogy by supplementing their own material (romance plot between an Elf and a Dwarf) and unpublished notes from the Silmarilliadilladingdong.

Holy shit, that's a lot of text to write about a garbage series.

I just assumed it was pasta and didn't read

what's aragorn's tax policy again?

She marries Tyrion and becomes Queen of Westeros. Jon starts the new Night's Watch. Dany dies. Jaimsie dies. Quasimodo dies. Cersei dies. Bran dies because he's the Night Kink.

actually, that's exactly what happened.
two towers and return of the king feel so behind the quality of Fellowship, it's not even funny.

No, he is not, plebbit.

It's maintained how shit it was in season 1 season 2 for 6 seasons, so its problems are glaringly obvious to even the most retarded 4chanfag

they never fucking explained this shit

If Sansa doesn't have an agonizing Oberyn-class death that I can fap to, I'm going to be very dissapointed. No off screen death pls.

The Lich King better rape queen fatass in the final episode tbh.

You're underselling the tysha part. Tyrions entire arc is centered around her. He literally does not have a chapter where he doesn't think of her. She's probably the only reason why he's so obsessed with whores, thinking she was one, so the one woman he loved, and thought loved him was a whore, cause his big brother told him so. His big brother mind you, who was the only person before this girl to show him any kind of affection or love. Cersei treated him like shit and abused him, and his father treated him with disdain and hate.

Then you get to the point where Jaime tells Tyrion that the girl that Tyrion married wasn't a whore, and their father made him lie to him. That she did love him, and was just an innocent farmer girl or some shit. So what hes wanted his entire arc, someone who loves him, he actually had but his father and brother stole from him. Making matters worse, he was forced to rape her at the end too. After an entire barracks of guards had their way with her, like a hundred men or so. And to give her a gold coin, instead of silver, cause "Lannisters are worth more". It simultaneously retroactively gives him what he always wanted, love, but then strips it from him and embeds in him a deep guilt, worse than what he had for it already, because she actually wasn't a skank, but actually his loving, loyal wife. Making matters even worse, he tries to forget her just recently before the trial and everything, rationalizing that Shae loves him now, and he can forget Tysha, then Shae betrays him and he finds her in his fathers bed. It was gut punch after gut punch, which sets him down a far more interesting arc than the shit show that has him on Barristans arc.

Too bad that it won't be muh Arya who kills her

CLAP EVERYONE
WE ARE MUTTS

Speak for yourself

meanwhile, tha fat piece of shit still isn't done with his next turd

He'll never finish the next one. He's making a spin off show and writing some kind of sidebook for the lore. Talks shit about tolkien but can't even finish his own works.

I'm just glad I gave up on him two years ago and started reading the Malazan Book Of The Fallen

I haven't read a book published in the West in the past 30 years for a while now. No point to it, everything is pozzed, everything is full of niggers and feminist strong womyn.

Good for you neetsoc.

the Malazan series is amazing, but I can't really recommend it to you if niggers and strong womyns bother you because there's several of both among the main characters

That's not how it works.

they're not tokens in that world, there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for why the Malazan empire is so multiracial.

as for the women, I feel like Erikson does a good job of showing that, despite being in the military, they're still women and sometimes susceptible to emotional biases and such

There's no reason to have niggers in a fantasy world, so the only reason they exist is for tokenism.

Cuck.

ok pal, have fun missing out on the greatest fantasy series ever written

they already killed littlefinger, they can't get worse than that

Yeah, that's Lord of the Rings, and guess what, it features neither niggers nor strong womyn.

Always makes me lmao my ass off when you nazis worship bore of the rings when the guy who invented it hated you.

nope. Malazan is so far above LotR it's not even funny

Your mind on the zionist juices everyone. Next he'll claim black panther is better than the LOTR movies cause it had strong black men and women.

I feel that there is a strong argument to be made for highly reduced levels of racism (as a naturally occuring phenomenon based on in-group bias) when living in a world filled with other sentient species acting as much greater external threats. If we were to ever encounter an agressive alien species, I'm fairly certain that even the most ardent Holla Forumsacks would gladly join up with all races of humanity to fight as brothers.

No, we wouldn't. Our hatred for niggers, spics, muds and especially Jews transcends everything else. Why would we unite with traitors and beasts that have done us harem for centuries against an alien threat that may or may not be reasoned with?

At least the aliens have proven themselves worthy of respect for their achievements.

tbh at this point I would rather humanity outright die then wallow in this filth, I'd work with the aliens to just accelerate our graves

Just because we shit on GOT and have the banner does not mean the casual viewers have the same point of view of the show as us. They probably find the sand snakes the most bad ass group in series.

have you even read any of the books?

You can only have one.

so this is what people mean when they talk about "right wing SJWs"

The books are shit. You can fling shit all day long and it won't change this fact.

says the guy who hasn't read them

Not the same guy. I remember reading the first book and it was a complete clusterfuck, more steam of consciousness than a novel proper. I liked the book with the non-Mongol general and his fighting retreat but just gave up when some random female soldier character I had no fucking clue why it was a POV character buys a trinket from some random gypsy and becomes a tiger warrior or something.

The books are incredibly poorly edited, the worldbuilding is basically "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks" and there is really nothing special about them other than autistic subhumans with poor taste sperging out about them, kinda like other autistic spergs do with ASOIAF.

I do agree the first book is the worst one. however, the great thing about the series is that literally everything is explained eventually. might be six books later, but everything makes sense in the end.

Oh, okay, you just have to wade through thousands of pages of shitty writing to, eventually, get some sort of explanation down the line. That's masterful storytelling, and I'm not complaining that the mysteries take a while to get explained, but when even the most basic parts of the worldbuilding are not even touched upon four books in you have a fucking problem.

Tolkien, since he wasn't a cocksucking liberal like every Western writer in the past 50 years, made the smart choice of starting the story in the Shire and slowly revealing more and more of the world as the characters progressed through it, he knew how not to overwhelm the audience. This garbage is shit.

Kill yourself.

not everyone can use magic in the Malazan series

Is Ice Maul or Cersei the final boss of GoT?

the final boss is GRRM's sense of entitlement

why even live

What tit's? Your Goblin waifu's chest is flatter than yours.

lol wut?
that's flat out wrong

I wonder what goblin milk tastes like. Would it make a human sick?

She will just not to any white devils.

BLACKED

Y E S

Arya's whole boring shit arc culminates with her killing little finger then probably getting killed by the faceless french fag I bet.

BRAVO NOLAN

How high?

(Checked)
What's going on here?