Has a developer ever gone back to their old game and added new content for free?

has a developer ever gone back to their old game and added new content for free?

Other urls found in this thread:

doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/85493-john-romero-makes-first-new-doom-map-in-21-years/
youtube.com/watch?v=jWtYZGrwnBE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, never /thread

this is a stupid fucking question op

I remember the developers behind 201X's wolfenstein releasing an episode 5 for quake
It fucking sucked.

Running with scizzors released a dlc for Postal 2 during gamergate

Fuck off faggot.

You can't /thread your own posts, newfag

Fuck off

OP, he didn't add much, but Romero made two new maps for Doom 1.

doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/85493-john-romero-makes-first-new-doom-map-in-21-years/

Josh Sawyer, who helped make New Vegas, made a mod to make the game harder.

Oh, for free
Nevermind I guess

They added some new bullshit difficulty mode to the first binding of isaac long after Rebirth was out.

OP said free

that costed dollarino but i got all postal games for freearino

Valve changed Portal's ending with a patch just before Portal 2 I think. Also Bioshock and Bioshock 2's owners got their remastereds for free, even though they're pretty shit imo. can't think of anything else atm

Terraria. Over and over again.

post arino

Fuck bethesda making you pay 40$ for a fucking remaster. basically put skyrim in their fo4 engine.

Jesus Christ, it's just a meme for fucks sake. Who pissed in your cheerios this morning? jfc

Great meme retard!

Well see that's the problem, yes it is a meme. A meme you used wrong because you never lurked more, meaning you clearly don't know anything about English imageboard culture and thus you must be new here.

As far as I know, Runescape is one of the games that does that.

Yeah, and it's one you did incorrectly, jackass.

what fucking meme are you sperglords spouting here?

videogames are memes

Pic is you. Pretending to be retarded…

Depends on what we count as new content. I just tried Arx Fatalis today and Arkane went back to that like 8 years later to fix a few bugs and make it compatible on Win 7.

For shame!
Also thq nordic are updating games for free, but I dont know if they are using the old devs

either your ctrl-f button is broken, or you're lying friendo

I don't know if does Postal 2 count or not, to my knowledge it is still RWS' latest game

God fucking damn, I'm so tired of seeing threads getting derailed on this board. Every fucking month it gets worse because people feel the need to bite the b8 or worse yet act like obnoxious faggots for disagreeing with "le Holla Forums hivemind". This board is slowly dying and it's because of this bullshit.
Just filter the newfag and let it go.

Skyrim got a similar treatment, too. About a year after all the DLC came out, I believe.

It's really not as bad as pre-election tbh, for about a month before voting the board was completely unusable, it's okay now.

running with scissors released Postal 1 source code.

Derailing is a problem, but then again, I deem the quality of the OP pretty shit to begin with.

Fight me

Holla Forums had a month or two of glory days with the first exodus. Since the second, it has been a gradual decline.

Postal 2 had a free update for the base game that opened one of the previously closed stores in Paradise Mall.

Paradise Lost costs money but there have been several updates that added new content

One of the lead devs of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth made a big mod for the original Binding of Isaac. Technically he didn't work on the original, but it still kinda counts I'd say.

Don't go off derailing this thread into a meta/v/ thread now.

Based Swede devs who aren't just rapefugee bait.

Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Baal ascension mod was created by David Gaider and was released for free. It makes the last bits of the game much tougher, gives a new ally, and new abilities.

Fallout and Elder Scrolls use the same engine since morrowing

you can open FO4 in the Morrowind construction kit, friendo :)

Nuke Holla Forums, chase out any stragglers left and the problem goes away.

That being said, an Arx Fatalis developer worked on Arx Libertatis to make the game playable on modern systems. Then there's Sawyer that released his mod for New Vegas, Spider released a free patch with improved voice acting for Mars: War Logs.

would you be willing to assist me in a [cough] board cleaning, user?

codemonkey would need to get off his lazy ass and kick the vermin out.

Not going to happen as it would violate the principles Holla Forums was founded on. Not even Holla Forums could have been banned, despite their constant fuckery. This is all in our hands.

terraria. He does it all the fucking time. Dude is always updating, even now years later.

How fucking new are you?

Although not exactly "old" since that was still their only game at the time, the devs for EYE added new content for free with the Blood Games update two years after the game was released with some multiplayer gamemodes, a couple custom maps and a shitload of fixes.

fuck off sangria

You had it coming tbh smh fam

The board has also been bleeding users for a solid two years now, we're about to dip under 2000.

You have it the other way around. hotwheels supported Holla Forums for shitting up Holla Forums as Holla Forums made it hard for him to get reddit in here and boost his numbers. The free speech that the site was founded on prevented hotwheels from expunging Holla Forums. He tried to sabotage them a lot though.

Codemonkey goes to Holla Forums iirc. When bui raided Holla Forums is when codemonkey started caring. he didnt give a damn when it was Holla Forums. He even apologized to Holla Forums for letting it happen.

You expecting any better from halfbreeds? Honestly now, does Holla Forums allow for vidya discussion? I mean the moderation or the Holla Forumsuting can't be any worse than here.

I think he rushed to Holla Forums when they "threatened" to leave the site, but apparently that's just a meme there or something.

As far as I know they're roughly as hardass as Holla Forums is. If you look at the ban list half a good chunk of them are from /lpol/

What race combo is codemonkey?

Im working off third hand info so i just saw the screencap assuring them they "weathered the storm" and it wont happen again when it was like 2 days of bui while Holla Forums has dealt with him forever now.

Boy, am I glad we're letting these cunts walk all over us to prove a principle. At least we'll have our moral high ground when they drive the place into the ground, amrite?

Pork on rice 2$ whore special.

I suppose I'll eventually banestalinpost and find out.

blizzard did it
but you still shouldn't buy any games they made after 2007

That's what I'm saying. We should handle the problem ourselves. The administration can't do jack shit about it.

that comic though

Surprising. He doesnt really look arab. Looks a bit chinese/italian maybe.

not even close
asian, for sure

I've added content for free. People sent me emails telling me they would have paid for it.

who are you

NWN1 had several free updates. Only thing I can remember offhand is that they made capes visible on your character.

He's half American and half Korean.

Make a donation page and tell them that they can pay their respects there.

no wonder he's a sack of shit.

just saying, italians usually look quite orange

Hey now. Korea-user isnt so bad. Hes fighting hyper feminism right now.

What's he talking about in that image? Is it South Korea's government collapsing on it self?
Bretty fugging sweet if so.

Polite sage for off topic.

I'm happy to see that South Korea is getting it's shit together. Hopefully the recoil from that bullshit will make the citizens think twice about liberal ideals.

Yeah, Dota 2 uses the same engine as Quake.

Yeah, he sometimes gives us an info-dump on korea in the GG threads. Park was outed as being a figurehead but refuses to step down. Many resign in protest, more shit happens. Samsung wont get sued, park continues to lose support and is getting roasted etc etc.

I feel bad for codemonkey if he ever tries to get with a korean girl. Korean chicks are fucking insane.

>believing gook propaganda against the nips
They all hate each other, don't take that shit with a grain of salt

And put women back in the fucking kitchen.

*do take

There were also some premium modules that were released for free the program was cancelled. Those along with some community-made modules were far batter than the game's campaign.

Bout to cut these people out of my life entirely swear to god

The begging that occurs in game development turns me off. I'd rather not be a part of it.

user where the fuck have you been

I was talking about the image he posted, it's generic anti-korean propaganda shit out by japanese trying to downplay their long list of warcrimes.

My father is the same way. I've even offered to show him the okeefe videos and shit and he outright refuses. Some people like their safety bubbles. No need to cut out family out of your life, just keep em in the dark about the important stuff.

Compared to the korean government being run by a shadow society of radical feminists, I'd say one person being a shit is pretty believable

terraria
that's about all actually

everything about GCCX is perfect

AhHaHaHaHaHa! So glad to see a fan of my of my handiwork in the wild! Does it cause you grief seeing thread after thread derailed pointlessly? I am here to openly boast of my feats and talents, and the best part will be how my deeds will still cause you to fight amongst yourselves with aimless lamenting about how the board has seen better days. The truth is that I have always been here, sowing discord amongst the soil and reaping the oh-so-juicy benefits (your delectable tears). Yet, I still have not been apprehended, not by the moderators and not by the dimwitted saps who grace this website. But who can blame them? Is it the fish's fault that the shark is bigger than he is? Conversely, is it any of your fault's that I am simply a higher caliber of mind than you? Is it your fault that I can effortlessly switch from calling you a faggot in one thread to subtly inserting errant notions in the next? Nay, I say not, but that does not cease this game from being fun! No, sir! Watching as the moderators believe themselves to have caught onto my scheme only to realize that I have pulled the rug out from under them! Watching as they believe they have caught onto a pattern only for me to change my behaviors completely and disappear into the crowd of users as a needle in a haystack! And watching as the crowd I have taunted overflows my bowl with tears so delectably sweet?! Simply delightful!

The foolish among you will gnash your teeth and erroneously declare me to be from reddit or some other such site. This underestimation of my capabilities only helps to render my efforts all the much easier. "Ah, yes! I am but a simple redditor, incapable of such grand deeds!" but the reality is that I have been browsing imageboards for years, causing uproars and wailing of the weak-minded! Those who would seek to catch me would do well to heed this information. To hand you a nugget of my endless knowledge, I am actually trolling within a troll right now. The sheer and utter ludicrousness of this post will have most of you dismissing it outright, allowing me to shift back into the shadows with none of you being the wiser, and while you point the finger at yourselves for deeds I have done, I will be slipping the dagger into your backs!

The train is going off the tracks, and the conductor is blissfully unaware! AhHaHaHaHaHaHa!

ctrl+F Animal Crossing New Leaf "Welcome amiibo" update . . . 0 results

C'mon, they updated a 3-4 year old game last November and no one remembers it? Even when they include Puzzle League and the best minigame from amiibo Festival (Desert Island Escape) and bunch of other content/furniture/features from Happy Home Designer, and lots of other little fixes and improvements and returning characters (via optional amiibo) all for free.

I never understood the last panal to that comic.

how many layers of irony are you on
may you give me a near-approximation ?

What the fuck is this shit?

It was fine, what was bad about it?

Is this you?

One of the guys who worked on Baldur's Gate 2 released a mod for ToB

Thanks for joining us, Todd.

How old does it have to be to count? Some of the Postal 2 updates added little bits of new content.

leftypol is the 3rd biggest site right now. its making pol shit its pants.

THQ nordic made a remastered version of darksiders and titan quest. Both are free if you owned the base games.

he somehow went back in time and he could have warned himself.

it could go all the way back to pong

American Truck Simulator redid the whole map scale for the base game in a free update.

obsidian patched kotor 2 a year or so ago and added 4k support and a bunch of other shit,
but no new content, technically.

Larian added a fuckton of stuff to D:OS, and even though they sold it as a separate game, they gave all previous owners the enhanced edition for free. Pretty fucking cool deal.

ur a dum dum

A lot of devs that work for THQ Nordic have recently.

Fucking boomers man.

excuse you

no to mention Postal 1
youtube.com/watch?v=jWtYZGrwnBE

Define "old". Rocket League gets new maps every other month and they're all free. The only sketchy thing they do is DLC cars (with car physics being slightly different between models, so yes, it matters) but you don't see the paid cars dominating the pro scene so it seems to be fine.

About as much as Steam is shitting its pants over Crytek's attempt at an online store.

Note how I subtly ALMOST brought video games back into the discussion.

The user you replied to has posted what we sometimes call "copypasta". That's right, he didn't type it all out by hand! If you lurk more you'll learn all sorts of crazy things like that. You might miss the upvote arrows for awhile, but just hang around and eventually you might blend in!

SWAT4 devs actually made the game free on their website with the dlc

I don't remember this? Source?

Divekick added a huge balance patch and added I think 2 (or even 3) new characters to the game for free.

I have never seen anything like this before
This is genuine autism

yet here you are, derailing the thread

What happened next?

What are patches?
What are expansion packs?
What is DLC?

He had one sentence about getting rid of the shit heap that is leftypol, the rest was on topic.
Fucking leftypol scum.

Something old games don't get.
Something you pay for.
Something you pay for.

Read the OP before you try to be clever, you fucking retard.

Baldur's Gate 2, but that was just one guy doing it as opposed to the company.

Diablo 2/Starcraft had patches and content stuff years and years after the LoD/BW releases.

Age of Empires II?

But google doesn't bring anything up…

Grim Dawn has been receiving free content updates.

Right now trying to redpill the shit out of my mom, similar issue. Even after I show her all the good stuff, she goes "Well you can't believe everything online." Fortunately she's not like most types that straight out refute the stuff, she's just wary. She's just as wary about leftist shit too, so I don't feel that bad.

I just hope I eventually bring enough to her attention that it just gets through by sheer weight of evidence. Fortunately I didn't have to start from scratch, she's actually really great as far as women go, and I got her to vote Trump pretty easily. She apparently figured out for herself not to trust anything teachers or the media said about stuff without proof when she was young.

I just hope I can find someone like this some day for myself.

Polite sage for offtopic.

I Live in Bakersfield, it fucking sucks balls. never come here

Same

Although it was originally just supposed to be the multiplayer for an entire new game before the singleplayer was scrapped, Enemy Territory was released completely free well after the original RtCW.

On a somewhat similar note, there was the Extended Multiplayer for Unreal 2, essentially an entire new game.

Also, of course, there's Valve releasing the Uplink demo for HL1 and Lost Coast for HL2.

Oh no one mentioned Risk of Rain yet.
They added 2 new characters and some items a year or so after the game came out.

Reposting because I didn't spoiler the last one.
C3?
The first statement lets Bernard know that A and B are not viable options because if it was A or B Bernard could have 5 or 6 and if Bernard had 5 or 6 he would know exactly which intersection to use.
The second statement tells us that Bernard has a track that only has one option once A and B are eliminated. This could be either D3, D2 or C3
The last statement tells us that Albert knows out of D3, D2, and C3 which the correct track is, leaving us with C3.

Chex Quest

C3

Gainful employment. It's a metaphor for growing up.

I miss Lego Robot Comics.

Diablo 2?

Nothing takes me out of surreal horror like improper knowledge of cat behavior tbh

I feel your pain, everyone is completely brainwashed here. Family is mostly alright though.

Red Faction Guerrilla got a bonus map when the (((Steam))) version had Games for Windows Live removed. It's literally a map with a big destructible "GFWL" in the middle.

It still hurts.

Cats attack as 1st response, after that they might notice what they attacked and stop.

Titan Quest got a free upgrade 10 years after it came out, that made it run/look better on newer systems. It also gave you the expansion pack for free if you only had the base game.

It also gutted pretty much every good build that wasn't a hold mouse1 to win melee build.

WWP

They're not Ensemble Studios and the new content is DLC

A cat letting you pick him up is a sign of utmost trust. It just doesn't happen after he bit you with intent to kill.