Can we talk about how amazing this shit looks? This has been the first time in years I have been this hyped for a game

Can we talk about how amazing this shit looks? This has been the first time in years I have been this hyped for a game
This is what I have wanted ever since Sunshine.

Other urls found in this thread:

allenchou.net/2016/05/a-brain-dump-of-what-i-worked-on-for-uncharted-4/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nope we cant sorry

What's your point, fuccboi?

here's the thing, will it be fluid like 64 and Sunshine? or will it be stiff as fuck like all other recent Mario games.

If this game is good I will buy a switch.

pretty good graphics ill give u that

Hat throw looks like a great mechanic with a lot of usage, I'm hoping it can damage smaller enemies like Goombas

Fuck off Henry.

it'll be underutilized and not actually fun to use thanks to dumbed down physics.

how do you know? Do you work at nintendo?

it's called pattern recognition you oversensitive twerp.

oh you got me there haha "twerp"

His uncle does, faggot.

How do you learn to do that? By working at Nintendo?

well my dad IS nintendo and he says that you are lying

Yeah, I'd love to have another game with the level design of Sunshine, but they really have to cut it out with the "go into a level -> get the star -> go out of the level -> go back into the level again" bullshit. Banjo-Kazooie got this right the first time. You pick up a star and move on. Easy.
I really like to see different enemies and stuff. They been stuck rehashing goombas and shit for years. I was very reassured when Miyamoto said he wanted everyone on the team to give some ideas. Now they just need to do the same with their other rotting IPs and it'll be great.
Game looks like it's all about hats. Mario's hat is now sentient apparently, like Ezlo. He can throw it for interesting jumps, hopefully. There are hat shops, so maybe the cap power-ups are making a return in some way? The spaceship is also shaped like a hat. Bowser's pimp hat might have some connection too.
Where is Rosalina?

Not in the game, hopefully. I'd rather have it just be the standard cast (Mario, Peach, Bowser, and Luigi as a bonus) since it's a completely separate world from the normal Mushroom Kingdom and that leaves plenty of opportunities for new characters

I'm so sorry, user. You can come over to my house. My dad won't treat you like Nintendo does.

At 20 dollars a year it's bearable

It's fucking sonic

But, I agree, new characters are preferred.

The roll move gave me more of a Sonic vibe than that.
Also
Sonic Adventure
Mario Oydessy

oy dessy, so mario is jewish

You know what I mean, Mushroom World/Kingdom, either way it's supposed to be entirely different from the standard Mario environments, the only connection being how New Donk has the DKC references

Some of the environments they've shown so far have been nicely atypical, even if you hate New Donk it's something different. Has anyone else noticed that each world has it's own coin or collectable, in New Donk you don't see them close up but it looks like purple coins, in Sarasaland it's upside down triangles, in the forests it's nuts, and in the veggie land it's purple turnips, I wonder if there's any significance to them or if they are just fancy looking coin variations.

Bill Trinen said that the Samurai Mario had something more to it outside of the japanese pun relating to Super Mario Run, East World could be fun. yoooooooooo

The hat throw looks like it is going to be a great addition to the game, easy to understand with loads of utility from a single maneuver, I could imagine a buttload of great ways to use it just off the top of my head.

It's still paid online, you're just getting a less worse deal than the other platforms, but nonetheless you're still getting fucked in your butthole, but now it's a tiny japanese penis, probably a feminine one at that too.

There's also some goomba's in construction hats on the girders that jut out from the edges of the playable space.

I said it was bearable, not good.

I never implied you said it was good, but I don't really find the idea of getting fucked in the anus by a petit gooks penis bearable.

I think that's a separate level accessed within New Donk, like at the top of a skyscraper or something

New Donk City the level itself takes place on top of that skyscraper.

You know I don't think I've seen anyone notice the abysmal dithering on Mario when behind certain objects. I mean what the fuck is this shit?

Were you saying the same shit when ms and sosny did it?

Yeah, but given how all the daytime sections have no enemies and just humans and the night screenshots are the only ones showing enemies, it's not unreasonable to assume one's the hub and one is a level accessed via the hub and has a connection to it thematically

what was the OP trying to prove?

That ps4 has games

It's like if you were getting fucked in the ass by rugga. You wouldn't really notice it because he never actually makes it past your butt cheeks to the hole, and every now and again you turn around to berate him.
Really I'm just interested in the console enough that 2 bucks a month isn't going to trigger me until I see the quality of the online service. I'm reserving my judgement until I see it.

No because that's $60 bucks a year.

Never judge a game until it can actually be played. You niggers never learn.

That's an issue with transparency when using deferred shading, you can see it in most current games.

I don't think there's anything to really indicate that New Donk is a hub level, but the Goomba's appearing at night could be something legitimate. What need is there for a hub level when you have the hat that lets you change locations.

I'm interested in the system too but I wouldn't call any paid online bareable, just not as bad as the alternatives.

Nintendo games are generally safe.

Why the fuck are you posting mark bait?

Good catch.
It looks like they want to make sure that Mario stands out no matter what the scene, so they would like objects that render on top of him to be semitransparent. But transparency can be expensive, and downright crippling for a deferred renderer, so like many devs, they fake transparency with dithering. Kinda neat how we're throwing back to the days of old with dithering, though your second example does look atrocious.
allenchou.net/2016/05/a-brain-dump-of-what-i-worked-on-for-uncharted-4/

Perhaps, but these are scenarios involving what should be solid objects.

There are a few major things telling me it's the hub, mainly
I could be entirely wrong but it's a strong indication to me, especially since it would make sense as a follow-up to Sunshine's Delfino Plaza

You seem to be misunderstanding what I was saying, the transparency effect is drawn to give Mario a constant silhouette

You need to clarify this, you can't possibly be implying that New Donk is part of a normal world, the world for Super Mario Odyssey is a completely made up one, you can see this on the globe sitting on the hat ship, there's still the very sarasaland Sandstone Lion in the Desert location especially when the pyramid and other objects appear to have mestizan motif's in their designs.

The advertisements are just set dressing, if there was a way to reference other worlds outside of New Donk I'm sure they'd have them.

The Helipad doesn't really mean anything, I'm sure if the other levels had adequate locations the ship would be parked there as well.

Lack of enemies is the only thing I think you really have, because it's consistent with the hubs in Sunshine and Galaxy, but even then that's not enough for me. I suspect no hub but I don't care if I'm wrong.

Man I can't believe what that level looks like in the US release

did you miss the part where I said
It's obviously not meant to be Earth

What, Xbox live and Playstation Plus went free?

When?

I must have glossed over it, but I wouldn't say that New Donk is any less or any more a Mario place than any of the other worlds, maybe turnip land, but even though the world itself is visually distinguished the people who live in that world could probably exist within Mario's world because there are parts of Mario's world that are chocolate or cakes or soda.

I said less worse, Nintendo's service is the least worse paid online service between the 3 platforms.

jesus fucking christ

It's really not since you don't even get to keep your "free" games.

Just like on psn

looks nice, not buying a switch though.

But I don't want those free games, I'd rather pay $2 a month for the shitty online service than $5 a month for another shitty online service and games I have no interest in playing, or already own.

You get to keep them as long as you keep subscribed. On the switch you get to keep them for a month.

Yes because I flatly refuse to pay for general multiplayer access.

WHAT A DEAL

I'd rather pay nothing.

Are you being intentionally obtuse?

oh thats not terrible. do you have a source?

There's this: twitter.com/serkantoto/status/826971587169579008
But that's about it. I wouldn't call it conclusive evidence.

Well you didn't even try at an argument so don't try making one in the future.

still not enough to make me buy a switch.

Nothing wrong with irrelevant NPCs looking shit.

the aliasing is absolute garbage

No I made a statement. I ain't paying for this shit. There's nothing to argue.

Thanks for proving me right.

Yes, there is. If they're truly irrelevant then they shouldn't be in the game; If they are relevant then they should be up to some standard of quality.

You must have a short memory or brain damage then, I said Switch's online was least worse, you said that that "it's really not" and then I gave reasons for why I think it's least worse and then you replied with a statement that wasn't an argument, so why start in the first place? next time just don't post.

This right here, this is where the Scuttlebug comes in. I'll catch you niggas in a quad parallel universe.

FUCK

???

That's what I fucking thought.

Useless and irrelevant NPCs are fine in a game.
Think about an RPG game that has a bunch of random characters, each with a name formed by getting two barrels with first and last names.
If you can afford the time and energy, and your game doesn't run slower, there's no reason NOT to put in random/generic NPCs as a way to fluff up the scenery.

Sonic Adventure actually made me a bit spooked both as a child and an adult. It's strange to walk through such a large city, which clearly has a lot of buildings/apartments, and for there to only be 20 people.

I'd actually think it was a nice touch if later in the level you hit a switch and all the people turn into a stack of 3 goombas with the top one wearing that hat every single on of those npc's just happens to wear.

No thanks.

sounds spooky

Yet you seem quite keen to point out how Sony's online service is better than Nintendo's.
Also, would you deem paying online for an MMO, like TORtanic or WoW, back when they were good?
Subscriptions for MMOs used to be commonplace and acceptable, but then when you could get online for consoles at comparable prices, for multiple games, everyone seemed to get their panties in a bunch and say it's unacceptable or stupid.

I'm not defending paid online, and I think they're stupid, but the fact that there are people on this site that used to/still do pay for MMOs and complain about console online payments makes me think that there's not much thinking going on here not that there ever was.

As one of life's greatest absurdities, modern MMOs now cost more as 'free to play' titles than they did when they had those sub fees. People drop hundreds of dollars on microtransactions that do not actually contribute meaningfully to anything (and are sometimes nearly mandatory and not cosmetic in nature) where once a $15 fee got you $180 a year for a game that generally speaking had a fucking ton more content and support for a lot longer per title.

Doesn't matter that MMOs are cheaper than current console onlines.
The problem here is that people saw it as a huge saving and investment for something like WoW, and happily paid for it.
Consoles came along and just charged you more, as you get to access more games, in the eyes of the average consumer.

WoW was still "buy the base game, then sub fee, then expansions". It's just that now every console is doing it and hiking up prices, and they've got certified stats from MMOs of past that people will accept it.

I don't care

It looks like shit

It runs like shit

PS4 has better games

PS4 has better online

sage

REMINDER

Honestly this was only ever weird in 06 because they were extremely realistic.
The series has had a human in it since the beginning it the only triggering thing is inconsistency of locations in the world. That and no land of origin for the walking talking animals.

Looks nice but doesn't justify the purchase of a swtich

is there an offscreen warp pipe that peteys fucking around with?

Sage goes in all fields

it will literally be the worst game ever made

What if the humans are actually Werekongs

I hope it's good. I had a ton of fun with Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie, and with this and Playtonic's new game coming out I feel like an age of comfy is upon us. That's assuming they don't fuck up.

Kinda funny how all the regular humans dress like it's the 60s. Actually, the whole thing seems to look specifically like 60s New York.

Also seems notable in that every single character shown so far wears a hat.

Everyone wears hats.
Even the Mexican skeletons.

Adventure was originally supposed to have more NPCs in the city. I think they lowered the number of NPCs because they would get in the way when you run around as Sonic.

Then just make them non-solid. Holy shit nobody fucking cares if you can walk through an NPC in a 3D game.

thanks, capitalism

okay that's nice, now kill yourself

I just know I'm going to be called shitposter/redditor/[undesirable group] by some fucking retard, and before you do, ask yourself why you would ever use the word hype unironically and justify it too

All the best games ever are single player, including all the games worth ever playing on Nintendo.

That's not capitalism tho

I was bored.

Nintendo wants the GTA audience

SAVE ME

Splatoon and Mario Kart

Just wait a year for the eventual price drop and see if there is enough games out to give reason for a purchase. You don't need the system now and the games aren't going anywhere.

But the free online trial will be around for that… I mean don't buy a switch if you don't want to, do what you want with your own money user but it's not as bad as you're making it out to be.
I've heard bomberman isn't very good though

It's bomberman The only way you can fuck up bomberman is be act zero or have nobody to play with.

Saying something looks good when everything is just a pre rendered cut scene. Way to be chumps. Bet you buy into kick starter and only pre order your video games

The best part of any Mario Kart past DS Double Dash cough. is the soundtrack, not the gameplay.

And you can get that for free. Fuck paying online for item spam.

[Citation Needed]

What if when you throw your hat at someone, you switch hats with them
What if that has no mechanical purpose and is just for fun

Well considering that Super Bomberman R is looking to be 720p30 (at least from what I've seen), I'd say it's already looking fucked. It's pretty much the worst looking and running launch title I've seen.

I've heard reports that it's 1080p60 but I very much doubt that, at least going off the official trailer (perhaps it's just Youtube compression fucking things up as per usual but I don't know..)

Artist name?

The problem with modern Nintendo is that they want to make accessible games for casual people, they forgot that exploration, difficult and uniqueness is what made their N64 and Gamecube games great, we've got to a point where they added an easy mode to Super Mario Run, a game where you can't fucking die and added literally walkthroughs inside the remasters of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, it's just getting more and more pathetic, I just hope they learn and make more unique games with Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild, but I doubt it very much. Unfortunately Nintendo is dead.

Actually, Ninty commented on Odyssey's difficulty

doesn't look good at all.
also the only reason to look forward to a mario game these days is rosalina

Citation needed. Last I checked we haven't officially seen any hub worlds nor have they been confirmed. One of the biggest problems with this website is a number of you morons just assume shit when you're shown a trailer. Slow down, wait and see, stop shitting on things/hyping things up when you don't know enough about them to do either.

How many times have they claimed to do something for the "core fans" and been obviously lying? Why would it be different now?

mario sucks

But this is a Nintendo shill on Holla Forums since Mario has been absolute garbage since Sunshine.

The "normal people" feel really out of place and I don't think it had to be that way. It's not like Mario hasn't been around normal people that actually fit in a little bit.

Low energy faggot

Hi, 4chan!