I did not think this was a bad movie but did it really have to rehash Pitch Black?

I did not think this was a bad movie but did it really have to rehash Pitch Black?

The problem is Riddick himself. He’s to much of an egocentric asshole. I like how the movie made him a bit weaker at the beginning since he mentions he got soft when was in charge of the necromongers. However it was essentially Pitch Black 0.2 but I’m glad the series got back the R rating and did well enough for another installment

It would have been good if the series had shifted gears and been about Riddick expanding the necromonger empire and establishing a dynasty. That would have been badass.

The first half where it's just Riddick surviving on an alien planet was pretty kino. The second half with the bounty hunters should have been better.

Might've just been filler while the writers wrote the story of Riddick going to the Underwhatever. That's the premise of the next movie.

the 'dude the monsters cycle and rain lol' trope didnt need to be used twice. (((One Race Films))) just wanted a quick cash grab. Not one ounce of originality.

The ending of Chronicles put them into a corner. a character like Riddick is not a war monger hes some gray morality asshole with a soft spot for kids and animals. I have a feeling the fourth movie might come out this year however I am not sure if its a prequel telling you more about Riddicks plant or he runs into more Furiyans.

He's going to the Underthingy dimension that the previous necromonger leader entered.

Isn't the next one going to be about him finding his homeworld? It's already titled "Furya"

I am honestly not sure all we know is the title I keep seeing stuff about Riddicks "origins" but that is the only info I see. Both are interesting concepts but the prequel could get us more world building for this setting. Another thing I saw is apparently a TV show called "Merc City" is in the works too.

they should just make another riddick game tbh

This.

Riddick was just supposed to be a foil to explore an interesting universe. They're concentrating too much on the character itself now.

This. Pitch Black is the only good movie in the series.

When will the next Riddick movie come out? i really really like those

Chronicles of Riddick was fucking good. Way better than Pitch Black.

I never understood the whole necromonger thing. It barely mattered you even had a little prison break. Riddick only gave a shit when Jack got captured and as a result fulfilled destiny

Pitch Black is a really good film with a good premise and that black haired English kike looking chick who i'd fuck but im not sure why i'd fuck her.
Chronicles of riddick is a different film with a different tone and they may as well not be based on each other.
I actually watched riddick first when i was about 13-14 and understood everything perfectly, they explained Jack really quickly and you just brush completely past it because the film just explains who jack is if you didn't know.
The third film is low budget (for a movie with vinny D in it) and has has the worst writing i've seen in a riddick movie.

The first half of the film is really cool, seeing him survive on this planet and then start to thrive ect it was cool up until he found the mercenary station (they just leave those stocked with supplies? who owns them? who pays for them to be supplied?) and the mercs showed up.
They had real world guns (ar-15s ect) with "scifi" shit taped on to them star wars style, their armour was futuristic though so it completely clashed.
Also if i remember correctly Starbuck was in it and she got her tits out again but im not sure and she's not a good actor so it doesn't matter anyway.
Oh yea i need to mention, the third film is terribly, awfully acted.

Don't watch the third film tbh i torrented it and deleted it which i don't usually do with films but i decided it was so average i didn't want it on my computer.
Also they got FANS to re-cut their shitty trailer into a better one, ORBMEAT actually used his film degree for SOMETHING and he got to meet vin D, which was cool. I guess.

Thats becasue the weapon technology is all over the place in the movies. Pitch Black Johns has a shotgun that still uses shells.Chronicles suddenly everyone has laser guns. Back to the third move and they are using guns primarily the Mx4.

'Escape from Butcher Bay' was a better sequel to Pitch Black than the 2004 film.