Wii U production has officially ended in Japan, roughly 4 years since the console has released...

Wii U production has officially ended in Japan, roughly 4 years since the console has released. Even then it didnt feel like it was alive for long with how few games came out for it, especially after 2014. What do you guys think of the Wii U, regardless if you owned one or not? Are there any modding guides for it

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/haxchi-v2-0-a-persistent-wiiu-hack.451071/
gbatemp.net/threads/cbhc-v1-6-coldboot-haxchi-cfw.452615/
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/3:-Installing-HaxchiFW-&-The-Homebrew-Launcher-Channel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm thrilled that emulation is humming along for it and that I didn't buy one.

Soon it will be immortal and join its brothers in emulation valhallah.

wasted potential: the console
Jesus though all those possible games they could have released and the actual "gimmick" of the controller screen was really fucking intuitive in most games.

All I wanted was an Etrian Odyssey game on it, but it never happened.

Given that the Switch already has the 3DS/Wii U hacking scene ready to anally devastate it, it looks similar to the Wii U in most aspects (especially graphics, leading me to believe it might be mostly around the same power necessary for emulation), and has a lot more third party shit ready for it, how long do you think it has before it's Pirate heaven as well?

google flimflam69 github
worked for me, got mario maker, party tennis and kart 4 free.
Library still sucks shit, but hey, free games.

It really had some potential for fun asymmetrical multiplayer, shame nothing came out of it.

I remember playing a few multiplayer games where the opposing player used the screen to watch and lay traps e.t.c but I cant remember exactly. I guess Nintendo just gave up after seeing the sales figures and had the switch being developed pretty early into wiiu's lifecycle

There was about 4 great games for the system that I'd consider absolute must-plays. Those being DKCTF, Bayonetta 2, TW101 and Splatoon.

These 4 games bring out what was best about the system, or are shining examples of design that need to be studied for future works. This is undeniably Nintendo's worst console ever. The gamecube is bad, but I think there's at least 8 must play games. The Wii was rough but it had a ridiculous amount of third party support, and at least 12 must play games. The Wii U is a total flop, and in one month its competition - the PS4 saw 4 must play games release.

Nintendo is aiming this right at dad's my age and I have to say, I'm digging it. I'll be picking up all your used games cheap this year while also playing Zelda, and picking up a Switch either this Christmas, or much more likely, Christmas 2018.

I love my Wii U. Even if everybody else hates it.
Right now I have
>NES Remix Pack 2
Gonna pick up
That'll be a total of 19 games I liked by the time I'm done with it. Just a damn shame we didn't get more adventure or JRPG's on it. I probably won't be buying a switch any time soon unless they can show more than Mario Odyssey and Xenoburrito 2.

They'll probably secure it much better just as Sony did after the PSP. I'm sure hoping they don't though because even ignoring paid online we're already seeing shit business practices with Zelda not featuring voice track options and/or subtitles. Even if the usual suspects are capable of cracking it wide open in the first year they're going to wait longer than necessary because everybody in the Nintendo hacking scene is a fucking moralfag. Expect at least 2 years.

Virtual Boy was worse, it had only 1 worthwhile game.

Agreed, I got my money's worth in fun out of the thing just between Tropical Freeze & Hyrule Warriors couch co-op, easily over 500 hours combined. Speaking of musou games, they're going to be shooting themselves in the fucking foot if they don't include proper co-op in the Switch version of FE Warriors.

I don't think anyone cares about the virtual boy.

That just proves my point even further.

I don't think it's reasonable to count for a platform that was retired in the same year it launched.

It existed therefore it should be counted. It's like saying a certain series is perfect but omitting all the bad games because it goes against your statement.

This console gen has been shit. M$ comes out of the gate shooting itself in the foot, and PS4 basically led by doing absolutely nothing but existing. Still though, I'm surprised that the Wii-U was actually a "failure" though. I was under the impression it was pulling a gamecube. Not really push the numbers but basically was able to turn a profit for the numbers it did sale. Was that not the case?

It's like complaining about Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel even though it wasn't big enough for fucking anyone to give any shits about it.

I don't think the Wii U lost Nintendo any money. They just didn't make as much money as previous consoles or its competitors is the problem. I think it was the best of this gen despite massive amounts of kikery with amiibos and Digital-only games.

That was more or less my impression, but after the surprise blowout success of the Wii, pulling another Gamecube wouldn't satisfy investors. Seems perfectly logical to me from a business standpoint that they'd pull the plug and rush to a new system.

kek

It's not all about power. The PS2 is a bitch to emulate because you need to keep like 5 processors in sync. There isn't even a remotely stable emulator for the PS3. Meanwhile you can emulate the Wii perfectly because it's a simple and ancient architecture.

I remember everyone thinking this would take at least 3-4 years before any game was playable but its come along nicely, hopefully breath of the wild runs well.

It sold WORSE than the gamecube in the first year or so, and that tablet didn't do them any favors. Plus, gamecube at least had a decent enough third party presence, wii u barely had any, just those dance games and a handful of ports

Seems like from the start nobody gave a damn about the wii u, they just expected it to print money just because they slapped wii on it, and when that didn't happen they just kicked it aside for the 3ds.

Nothing about Switch will satisfy investors, and nothing about the company's direction will satisfy investors, short of a complete switch to "free-to-start" mobile games and making shitty Android phones instead of dedicated video game devices. What kind of faggot cares about investors or stockholders anyway?

It's hands down the weakest console I've ever owned in my life. My entire library, save for 3 Platinum games, is all 1st party. The controller was a mistake, since only a couple of games utilized it in a good way. I liked the few games I have for it, but it just wasn't enough.

Going mobile and planning to expand to the PC market still isn't satisfying those money grubbing kike investors

Buy a Brain Age
Get Haxchi
Get Coldboot Haxchi
Install Homebrew channel directly to your Wii U
Install games directly to your system and hard drive, no formatting, no huehuehue method. No bullshit. Other than the buying one game bit

gbatemp.net/threads/haxchi-v2-0-a-persistent-wiiu-hack.451071/

gbatemp.net/threads/cbhc-v1-6-coldboot-haxchi-cfw.452615/
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/3:-Installing-HaxchiFW-&-The-Homebrew-Launcher-Channel

Congrats. You're done! Enjoy Custom Firmware, free games and free DLC with online.

does this work with the newest firmware (since id have to update my console to access the e-shop)?

Yes sir!! It does, then you block access to Nintendo with a DNS configuration! You're gonna be so happy!

Why is this a problem?

We want Grand Theft Auto on the Switch

It's gud. Amazing for couch multiplayer, and has a fuckton of games to play. By that I mean I never had a Wii, so it has a fuckton of games I never got to play back then, as well as it's own stuff. It has GCN backwards compatibility too if you hack the vWii and use Nintendon't.
I'd hack mine but I've been a good enough goy already, the only games I'm looking for now are Pikmin 3 and Pokken. I might hack it eventually for Sm4sh's DLC.
I bought Color Splash and thought it was alright. If you're hacking your Wii U try it at least

Also Miiverse was fucking great. Being able to draw stuff in Splatoon and have it show up on the walls was loads of fun, and it was neat to sit in the plaza and look at what more talented people could do with the tablet. I used it to tell off other players when I saw them do something stupid, like put the jump beacon next to spawn. It's a shame they're taking it down for the Switch. Pic related.

Holla Forums shits on anything until it can be played on PC.

You might want to pick up Splatoon, Smash Bros U or Captain Toad but only if you can get that one cheap, definitely get NSLU though.

Is modding a Wii U easy enough for retards? The most I think I've ever done is install the Homebrew Channel and some apps for it during the Wii craze, and I've been meaning to get more from my Wii U and 3DS.

I dont regret purchasing a Wiiu but im not going to buy another Nintendo console for a loooong time after this one.

It is, super easy my dude.
It's similar to the letterbomb explain, except this requires 2-3 extra steps which are just as simple.

Hey, it's gruntilda!

REMOVE MOCHA
I'll help you!
Delete mocha from your SD card.

If it's the Haxchi method, i'm not going to buy a fucking DS VC game. I'll just wait until there's a better method to install the homebrew channel.

Alright, enjoy your shittastic loading speeds, trial and error homebrew loading with freezing, no online (or instant DLC for that matter) or format-less hard drive support.

Chill, m8. Eventually, a better method will show up that doesn't require spending money.

don't forget to pick up an NES Mini™ to show your wife's son how us real retro gamers used to Play It Loud!™ How else are you going to replicate the true classic Nintendo expierience goy?

fucking pleb
also it's not just brain age, you can try other ds vc games if you're a real fucking j e w

or automatic/custom booting to your liking, full signature patching, menu installations, update protection, ftpiiu support, etc.

It's only 7$ for thousands and thousands of dollars worth of games and DLC, and a FUCKLOAD of compatibility. You can use a PS4 controller (or any other) as a substitute for a Wii U gamepad now.

With Retroarch Wii U :^]

That's only for europe though, unless I missed something. Just get whatever is cheapest.

Pleb, parent on my level.

I've considered it, believe me. But it live in a 3rd world shithole and Nintendo won't let me use my fucking credit card.

Oh, sorry about that then. I thought you were just a finnicky bitch.
Well then…wish I could help somehow.

Pretty disappointing we didn't even get an X/Y equivalent Stadium, could sorta accept there wasn't one for the Gen V since it was around the end of the DS and Wii's lifespan, but they had a good 2 years for something similar on the mainline console

I don't want to pick up anything multiplayer because I have bad internet connection where I live and by the time I get a good enough connection, I'm scared they might shut down the servers.

That's actually a pretty legitimate concern, I have no doubt that they will try and milk maximum shekels out of Splatoon 2 and paid online by shutting down Splatoon's MP servers

Thanks to them abandoning the WiiU, I will never buy another Nintendo console before piracy is available. Fool me once etc.

those fucking shitposts slaughtering my guts.

If they could. I'm also ignoring their shitacular features like charging you for playing online, the best is that Nintendrones are twisting themselves after admitting the Wii U flopping and shilling the Switch like the dead brain hipsters they are.

I would fucking drop the towel if they end the Mario Kart 8 servers just for the sake of their shitty ass rehash.