What's the longest time you spent playing a game in one sitting?

What's the longest time you spent playing a game in one sitting?

Sometimes I get carried away, lose track of time and end up playing for 7 to 20 hours before I realize my entire body and especially my arms are in pain. Does that happen to anyone else as well? What do you do to recuperate? I usually massage my arms, put them under cold water and just wait a day or two for the pain and numbness to subside and diminish and for the feeling to return.

I used to play CnC Generals and Burnout for ~7 hours.

When I did server first level 85 in WoW I played something like 15 or 16 hours straight. I'm not proud of it.

does getting up to go to the bathroom and coming back count as "another sitting"?

i regularly take short breaks, like go to the fridge for water, or to take a piss, or to eat, or to get coffee and such. but i play videogames 10+ hours a day.

I used to play Mario Kart Wik and Brawl for over 12 hours, back then i used to have fun with videogames without a worry in the world. I can't believe its been nearly ten years.

7 hours on shadow warrior 2 with a half way break

the game fucking sucks

nah, i wouldn't say that breaks the "one sitting" rule since it's basically just tending to your physical needs but if you spent say 20 or more minutes away from the computer i supposed i'd consider that a break.

I spent 20 hours, but it was a gsg, so long play periods are pretty normal

According to my old Timesplitters Future Perfect records I had a stint lasting 26 hours of the game being played without the console being turned off and I am not the type to leave my shit running while I do other things, least of all sleeping.

Ive certainly had dozens of days where Ive been up at a decent time and played all day, usually forgetting to eat/drink properly, but I can only really say between 9~16 hours then.

I once accidentally played through Paper Mario TTYD in a single sitting. Can't say how long it was, but I was pretty hungry when it was over.

26-28 hours playing Final Fantasy 8 when it first came out. The last conscious thought I remember having before I passed out was that I was so tired I couldn't tell if it was day or night by looking out the window.

I played dragons dogma for 20 something hours. Then ofc all night lan partys when i was a kid, playing quake, ut, cs 1.6 ect.
Nowdays 5'6 hours is the longets i can without having to take a break.

about 16h running dungeons with friend on private wow wotlk server

I played a whole day away with one game of EU4, with bathroom and water breaks though.

That's too bad. I finished a few missions of Shadow Warrior and I have to say it wasn't half bad. It gave me motion sickness though, so I never got around to finishing the game.

Yeah, that's what I meant. When this kind of stuff happens I usually forget to eat/drink properly as well. However, 26 hours is pretty hardcore if you actually managed to pull that off. Kudos

Ow, damn. Sleep kinda sucks after though, doesn't it? For me it just feels restless.

Yeah, I usually can't put up with the longer hours anymore either. Around 9 seems to be the average when this happens.

72+ hours easily on the opening of way too many Korean MMOs, only to give up three months later when everyone my level is completely BLINGED OUT in CASH SHOP SHIT.

I don't play nearly as long now as the younger me did. not unless I find that occasional "Good Game"
I remember it was day time, I laid down on the carpet with a plow for my head, started a new game of THUG beat every mission in the game and then it was Night.
I'm sure I had a bunch of one sitting playthroughs but that's the one that always pops in my head first.

personally, if i play more than 12 hours i start getting killer headaches. probably from my back problems after playing videogames all the time.

When my room mate showed me Zork, we stayed up for like 24 hours smoking cheap grass & making pots of coffee. People would come into the room & chill for a few hours & try to give us hints or figure out what was going on.

48 or 72 hours for dead rising survival achievement/unlock. Forget how long you had to survive. I remember getting to the halfway point and my power going out the first time i tried.

I get this weird thing anytime I'm playing console games, if I'm sitting for a while my scalp goes completely numb, it's usually not my entire scalp, generally the back half, but a few times it's basically been the entire thing.

Recently i can't even sit a game for more than 30-45 minutes or so. Its not because i hate video games or stopped liking them, its because what i really want doesn't exist, and i can't focus on video game, when i notice it lacks something important, or a key feature that was in different game.

Dandruffsthesia

20ish hours.

My and my brother were having a Kotor 2-off. I was playing it on PC, he was playing it on the Xbox and the goal was to see how far we could get before bowing out for sleep. I think I won. The good times, before he went off and became a socjus faggot.

Im pretty bad for eating/drinking properly at the best of times, but give me a good game and Ill just forget about everything until I wonder why Ive lost a day and my mouth feels like Ive been gargling sand.

I think the 26 hour thing was the culmination of being up especially early to play it, friends coming round and then them staying for an all nighter. Its like one of the few game I can truly say I've 100% since I got a platinum in all the challenges, arcade leagues and records.

The only game that ever made me feel unwell from playing it was Rage on console. Didnt have a PC at the time so I tried the demo for like half an hour and it nearly made me fucking puke everywhere.

Played plenty of other console shooters and even other games like Guitar Hero/Rock Band which give massive tunnel vision with extended play but nothing hit me quite as hard. Even epilepsy testers like Beat Hazard don't phase me.

Your thinking of 5 and 7 day survivor achievements. 7 days in Dead Rising takes 14 real life hours. at full health frank will die after 20 mins.
I watched Escape from New York and had a 19 min timer on me during a birthday party going on downstairs.

Thankfully with the PC Release it's far more manageable since you can put your computer on Hibernate if you need to Sleep. Oddly when i tried putting the computer on Sleep mode it would crash the game but not Hibernate.

3 days no sleep, just game. Yeah, you win. I don't remember most of my longer sessions accurately because I'm usually so tired I can't even tell how much time has really passed but I'm pretty sure I haven't gone over 2 days and a few hours.

Yeah, I just replay old games or take a break for a while when I'm in that kind of slump.

I get those as well but I just ignore them. I only really feel them when I stop playing. I mean, I always manage to fall asleep even with the headaches so they're probably not as intense as yours are.

I think it was 26 hours playing KOTOR from Christmas day post-dinner about 4pm to 6pm Boxing day. I remember getting a chunk into Manaan but realising I couldn't go on as my will to keep my eyes open was failing.

Like 24 hours playing Persona 4: Golden. I don't know why that one got me so hard.

got anymore of this?

I played about 16-18 hours of FFXI straight pretty regularly.
Can't believe 1 game took so much of my teen years

Don't get into Space Station 13, or you wont sleep. It's just too funny

Yeah probably 7-12 hours is my most extreme when I was younger or in college.

These days, I'm not in the best of health so I have to nap frequently, and I go to the washroom every 90 minutes or so. It's pretty annoying. Some days I don't even have the energy to turn on my computer.

It's been a long time since videogames were worth those long sessions for me.

FF9
40 hours straight with breaks taken only to eat and go to the washroom.

I wish I could go back to the magic of my youth when I could let myself get sucked into a world like that.

I played Super Paper Mario for like, 32 hours straight I think, I rented it and didn't want to not finish it.
I didn't finish the pits

I'm personally lacking in any real gaming sprees myself, If game jams count, 2 days.

I DO have a friend who's spent over a day straight doing nothing but eat, shit, and warframe. But that's hardly impressive considering the audience.

>skeleton in the OP right by the dead guy ale
It's the little puns.

The most I played was 10 hours in one sitting. This was when FO3 first came out. Before that I spent a a good 8 hours on maple story. That was when I was around 15 years old, now i have to get up and stretch every 2 hours otherwise I start to feel pain in my joints. I'd recon you should move for around 10 mins for every 2 hours of game-play or whatever, you are a grown ass man.

Sword and Shield skill training in Tibia for 15 hours straight. Mostly involved watching the small TV on my desk.

In one sitting? From 8pm to 6am, so I suppose ten hours is the most for that. In terms of "most hours played of a single game in a single 24-hour period" then I've probably pulled off fourteen.

More than that seems crazy.

I guess it's fine to say ok keep killing yourself

When I'm working ~6 hours, in my current full neet mode? On average 12-14 hours with the occasional break.

played about 45 hours straight of eden eternal when i was younger
i was grinding and i think i grinded like 3, maybe 4 whole levels? the funny thing is i went back to the game a few years later to check it out and got like 10 levels in 2 hours, really made me reconsider some of my decisions in life

I once played Mabinogi for about 14 hours straight.

Then nexon killed the game.

Fucking koreanikes.

I remember doing all nighters and even into the middle of the next day (so over 24 hours) in second life because the idea of being able to make whatever the fuck you want in a video game world blew my fucking mind as a kid. Then later I discovered the furry infestation and griefed it till I got banned.

30+ hour europa universalis 4 campaign.

Well, I fucking wish I could enjoy video games that much

9 hours grinding reward points on MGO2 for a camo bikini
And now the reward of my hard work is forever gone, since the game got shut down.

Alpha Centauri was the cause of my 'Lost Summer'. In which I would wake up, finish the game I'd started the day before, immediately start and new one, and play til I when to sleep then repeat for weeks.

14 hours deadliest warrior with my friend. josh.

I just lay down. watch tv. listen to sounds. relax after a long time of playing games. I never got hurt like you op.

It might hurt you when you get older. try not to do that.

mah box nigga

damn dude. i hate those online type of games. unless It has dedicated severs so I can bring the dead game back to life.

~24 hours straight is the longest I'm aware of. Vanilla WoW, 2006. Leveled a shaman that was deleted probably 2 or 3 years later.

maybe 15 hours playing star ocean 3

I was physically ill after the encounter.

I got MMOitis in the winter again and I'm playing FFXIV now.

Private Mabinogi server fucking when?

Good. If you wasted that much time for something that stupid, you deserve to have it taken away.

I recently spent around 60 hours straight playing TBoI:Rebirth because I only found out about the new DLC a couple of days ago, and every time I find new DLC/expansions I absolutely have to restart my file from the very god damn beginning.
It might be autism, it might be OCD. All I know is I must remove save file every time a new larger update comes out.
Terraria provided a similar predicament for me when they came out with their last big update.

I put 30 hours into Runescape one time. That's probably my record.

I sit on my PC for 8-10 hours a day on a daily basis doing nothing but reading imageboard and playing shitty online games like PSO2 or Closers.
My track record is 20 hours of DMC4 in one sitting. When I went to bed I had nightmare about the game and kept waking up soaked in sweat.

I think I should note that this tally includes bathroom and meal breaks, so it's more like ~50 hours of actual gameplay.

No. that's fucked up. you have issues.

Sonic Adventure 1 for 24 hours straight as i didn't have a vmu and i didn't want to lose my progress and Chao's.

36 hours in PSO once.

One time I spent 14 hours playing terraria with a buddy. I had to pee so bad.

I was in a childrens hospital. they had a gamecube. I played through the entirety of metroid prime in one sitting, no breaks.

Probably like 18 hours on MMOs if you don't count bathroom breaks.

Did you manage to scan every enemy including the totem wasps or whatever they were called?
That shit almost drove me insane when I found out I missed them at the end of my second playthrough.

I didnt go for all scans, just everything i could find without a guide. I think i got all the energy tanks.

They completed the XBOX 360 version but canceled it cause they shut down the game.

Difficult to say. The longest I can remember in particular was the first day I got Spore. I recall starting to play it sometime shortly after dinner, and getting all the way to the end of Tribal stage; it was close to dawn by then, so something like 12 hours. Nowadays, there's not much that can keep my interest that long, and even with a game like Factorio, it's rarely more than 6-7 hours or so.

When I was a kid and would have had more stamina for this sort of thing, I also had much worse ADD. Oh sure, I'd spend all day on a weekend with a friend playing a variety of video games, but we'd stop and eat lunch and watch half-hours of TV every so often so it didn't count.

The wost I ever did was playing face of mankind during summer vacation, 48 hours playing, 12 hours sleep, repeat.
I did still go to friends during the weekend and whenever. But it was fom all day every day.

I bought FFXIV, booted it up once and played it for 23 hours straight, then I somehow had some mental strength left in me to stop playing it, and resume my life. Haven't played it ever since.
Also, I never got any pain from playing for over 10 hours straight on m&kb, but I did almost rip my fucking hands off after completing SW:FU2 in one sitting with a controller, for some reason.

Longest I've gone was Mountain Blade with mods for like 10 hours. When you got nothing productive to do you get lost and end up burning a day.

hibernate puts computer state into storage
sleep puts computer state into memory

hibernate is slower than sleep on startup and entering into the state because storage drives are slower than memory

retrieving data from both of these different devices requires different methods, and the game doesn't like one of them

Once I played the first two Metroid Prime games to 100% in 1 sitting. Keep in mind I didn't sit down and plan on beating them both in one sitting it just kinda happened. I'de already beaten both of them more than a few times so I knew the layout pretty well. It took me 48 hours give or take. By the time I was done with both games my left hand had gone numb because of the Gamecubes triggers being shit and all of my joints felt like they were being stabbed. I went to the bathroom and took a huge shit and slept for about 17 hours. When I woke up I made a B-line for the toilet and puked pounds of whatever I had in my stomach and a shitload of bile. I was sick with a >101 degree for about a week after that and I couldn't bend my left index finger for a month. All in all it was kinda fun. Dunno if I'de do it again though.

Do you WANT to fucking die?

My record is roughly 20 hours in Halo CE campaign for PC. I'm sure it would've been broken, but my parents would normally remove me from my consoles after a certain point when I was young.

Now my eyes start to feel really weird after about 8-10 hours because of the constant maintaining of a single focal point and I get nauseous.

I don't know the joys of having a brother, but I don't envy you, seeing that you know the pains of having a brother, then seeing him fall to socjus.

Sounds like a cool memory, user…

It hurts so bad.

Don't go back and play it. Just remember it fondly.

I wonder what people did before video games.

lol

Try Dead Guy Whiskey, if you are a Whiskey man. Fucking great.

Something about this sounds familiar. I may have a screencap of this story, or one very similar somewhere on my hard drive. Care to elaborate about that visit at all?

One way to find out. I believe in you.

Try and give your eyes some rest now and then, I normally look at something far away durning loading times.

The most for me was about 10 hrs in one sitting completing the first difficulty level of original Diablo. I was young and dumb then, now I'm only dumb.

I rented Space Griffon VF-9 from Blockbuster on a whim. I ended up playing it for 14 hours straight, only stopped because I realized I hadn't eaten all day and everyone had gone to bed. At the time though it wasn't unusual for me to spend 8 or 10 hours on a game. I dunno, I might have had longer sessions on Counter-Strike or Tribes a few years later, but it's hard to keep track when I'm at the computer all the time and work usually intervened by then.

Indeed, this works for me as well.

Holy fuck, buddy. It sounds like you were coming down with something before you even started to play the game. To top it off you completely exhausted and wore down your body and the immune system with it. Not a good combo.

Honestly, I don't know. I can burn a whole day away playing a game that I can get into. At times, it's a bad idea and I'll be having constant headaches from having shitty eyes. Last time I had headaches and played a game in one-sitting, I played Binary Domain for about nine hours straight.

Pretty sure I've spent a whole day playing a single game at some point in my life.

Holy shiieet! The most for me is being tired and have a bad headache and needing a massive piss.

I dont know if i told this story before, i may have.
Basically i was getting an infusion that took all day for my ulcerative colitis. i brought my metroid prime copy and my memory card. They had a gamecube for kids to play with. I played through the entire thing in once sitting.
I dont think there are very many more details.

now everytime you play metroid prime you'll remember having ulcerative colitis

isn't that great?

Its a chronic disease. I always have it :D

played through this over what I want to say was about 22-24 hours with a college buddy and his younger bro. we just crashed hard until the next morning afterward.

20 hours playing diverse games on a friend's house
We probably finished 5 or 6 games between sonic, mario and megaman games, i do remember finishing wild guns and streets of rage 3.

These days will never come back.

~46 hours.
It was Super Mario Sunshine as a kid, i had just gotten it and it was indeed without bathroom or food breaks, how i managed that i have no fucking idea.

Got a delightful eye strain after it so ever since i generally avoid going above 12-hours for one sitting for a game.

this was probably mine too actually, though for the genocide achievement. for 6 hours straight i would drive to and from the tunnels and pick up a new car over and over again so i could get that sweet megaman blaster. it is too overpowered though, makes all bosses easy. i don't know how they expected players to get the genocide achievement without doing what i did, it was the most unfun thing i did in the entire game and then all it did was spoil the game for me

40 hours straight reading Steins;Gate. only stopped to take a shit and to get something to eat/drink.

are yo me user

I've binged TF2 playing MvM for 7 hours straight, then take a break, and play another five. Not proud of any of these time records, but I do lose track of my slacking.

I didn't even play 1 and I understood 2. Kingdom Hearts isn't confusing until 3D.

I finished Half-life 2 Ep 1 in one sitting. It took me like 8 hours.

The idea of sitting in a waiting room, waiting for some recurring procedure you're already used to but instead of being bored and annoyed you just lose yourself in a great game just somehow seems comfy af to me.

No, i was in a hospital bed getting pumped full of meds. Was really comfy though. It was the first time i actually finished metroid prime too.

That's probably what happened honestly. I have a bro who travels cross country and occasionally brings back some jungle virus shit that leaves me bedridden for a few weeks.

It must've been Medieval: Total War back in the day. A majority of the day, although with bathroom, drink and dinner breaks. So probably something like 8-10 hours depending on how you measure.
I do remember that my brainhose was all fucked up after it, though. In the sense that I thought of the outdoors as the strategic map and indoors as the battle map. Also people were not individuals, but units of 60, 80 or 100 people.
I wasn't entirely insane, and this applied only to the very surface thoughts/subconscious.

When I played Arkham Knight I started it up just to see how well it ran and ended up spending the next 14 hours tanking through it.
I thought it was fun

Just… one… more… province

back when i was a kid i could play an entire day so probably around 16h.

now an average playsession is around 1-2h. occasionally when i really get into a game i can play for up to 8h. it's not that i hate videogames or my life that's making me enjoy it less, i just get tired from playing for too long and can't get immersed into games the way i used to. when i was a kid i would be far more curious about the game worlds and would explore the details a lot more.

it's really just an age thing

Longest was 18 hours
It was when Duke Nukem 3D shareware had just come out, and 13-year-old me was determined to kill, find, and destroy everything on every map.

8-12 hour sessions were pretty normal for me then, but that one went above and beyond.

No real binge sessions in my childhood since my computer access was regulated. Aside from LAN parties the last time I can remember was two years ago, where I spent an entire february weekend on Neptunia Re;Birth 1 with pumpkin cream soup. Extremely comfy.

I can't play for more than 2 or 3 hours because I know I need to work on my project. When I work on my project I keep thinking of playing games to know how to make better games.

I played Left 4 Dead 2 for 26 hours straight once during it's launch week. Never had that much fun with a Valve game ever since(Because the meta has peaked and Valve won't fix any of the game breaking exploits)

I didn't even play 1 and I understood 2. Kingdom Hearts isn't confusing until 3D.

Haha, yeah, that happened to me a few times as well. Mostly when playing MMOs though so everyone that I needed to get something from were NPCs and all the quests were fucking lame fetch or grind bullshit. It's the weirdest feeling when you can't find something and you try to "bring out the map" in real life you just can't remember what the button was and when you finally remember the button it hits you that it's real life and you can't open the fucking map. Also, if you're used to using movement enhancing abilities in game, you keep trying to use them irl.

However, this isn't reserved for games only. When I was employed as a 3D designer at a small company during college, I had very little time and a lot that had to be done so I'd stay up throughout entire nights just working on the 3D stuff and then go to work and keep working on it there and then when I went to college, I remember sitting in the bus and just thinking about what kind of materials were around me. I genuinely experienced world in 3D terms; I actually believed that was how everything was made (even though I knew it wasn't, it just felt so real). I would look at steel bars and think "hmm, this is a cylinder with about 70% reflection, a white-grey color mask, …" and a bunch of other settings would just fly around in my head and I knew how to make all of the materials around me and If I happened to see something I wasn't sure how to make my head would start to hurt as if something wasn't adding up. As if the reality around me was falling apart. Yeah, weird stuff but I don't really miss those times. Got a severe case of burnout that I still haven't recovered from years later.

Roughly 24 hours playing eve online

Depends
When I was a kid, I could go all day. It was so relaxing wasting an entire day playing Mario Kart or Spyro. Spend as long as I could trying to get every Power Star in Mario 64 or fill my entire Pokedex.
Good shit.

Hell, it doesnt feel like too long ago I wasted away hours and hours in some TF2 and Garrys Mod before each of those games was ruined.

Nowadays, I feel like I can only go a few hours max. A few minutes some times.
I keep taking a lot of breaks inbetween, too.
My friends barely want to play any video game with me that isnt Smash Bros, thats pretty exhausting considering I have so many multiplayer titles I would love to sit down with someone with.

The same series dont even do it. I gave up on trying to 100% Mario 3D World, and Pokemon Moon is Great but I am doing it bit by bit. I would love to get that same child-like rush of trying to fill the Dex.

I must be hitting another rutt. How awful.
My last rut I watched a bunch of episodes of GCCX to get that good happy vidya charm back in me, then each of the following days I spend the entire time trying to 100% the original Mario games. That was also some good shit.

Not sure what I should do in my rut now. Yesterday I dumped some time in wind walker, first playthrough, I got bored pretty quickly because I felt it took a good while before the real action/dungeons. I think I stopped right at the first real dungeon on Dragon Roost Island. Tried some DK Country after that, wasn't feeling the charm so I stopped pretty quickly.
Did some Hotline Miami 2 following but I really dont think that one holds up to the first. I can only get through a few stages of that each time before I am done.

Nigga wut? I get up and walk around once an hour so I don't hurt my neck and back.

did a 24 hour marathon of original xbox titles about 5 years ago

The first Mass effect.

Christ that was unhealthy, 10 hours straight. I now only play for 2 hours max.

Stay healthy Holla Forums and don't die on me.

One time, I played Shrek the third for like 10 hours when I was in elementry. I remember my dad saying my eyeballs were probably melted out of my skull or something like that. The thing I'm ashamed of is playing a shitty movie game when I could have played something good like melee or duel of the roses.

I think when assassin's creed brotherhood was released I sat and beat it in one sitting along with a lot of side questing. If I remember right I spent an afternoon, a whole day and most of a morning, so something like 40 hours

I beat Yakuza 4 in two long sittings with only one break to sleep inbetween. Can't give you a number of hours, but I believe I started during the day and ended not that night but the next.

22 hours of Borderlands 1 couch co-op when it released.

Once spent four whole days playing one game. I recall sleeping in front of my computer, taking naps. I ordered a TON of food at zero hour and basically made it last the whole four days. Same with booze, I was a heavy drinker at the time and had and went through two huge bottles of Jack Daniels that I mixed with Coke, then Dr Pepper, then something else I don't actively recall. Thanks to that last bit I have to say it: I was so drunk through that whole shit-fest I cannot, for the life of me, remember what game I was playing. I know it was an online game because I was talking with people, but otherwise I can't recall what it was.

Wait, no, I not only remember now, I took a fucking screen shot. Oh God… so many broken hopes and dreams…

comfy bump

does getting up and going to the bathroom "break" the sitting? If not, about 23 hours playing an arena match of Borderlands

I've lost entire days, this includes forgetting to eat. I'm not proud of this and I try to avoid playing games that inspire this. I fully believe that addiction and long play time does not make a game good. Fuck the new deus ex games and their never ending stream of things to hack. Fuck my FOMO.

never again

100% runs of the original Pikmin in one sitting, without breaking away from the TV. Loved doing them as a kid.

I don't have time for any more than 45 minutes these days. Got shit I need to do. Which is a shame because I'd like to play more RPG's.

When I was 12 I'd sometimes play up to 9 hours.

Super Mario Galaxy 2. I played it for 2 days straight no food breaks until I got all 242 stars.

Last time I'm bumping. I like these sorta threads. Shows your commitment to vidya.

While addicted to online mobas, maybe 20 hours.
Bad times, but I got better. Lucky me.

If you really want to know user, i have a tale.
When warband came out and i tried the multiplayer, i played it for at least 4 days straight while having nothing but cartons of milk from a mini fridge i had by the computer. On the 5th day i had a trippy hallucination after which i had some kind of stroke where my brain went into retard mode and i was merely an observer through my own eyes, i couldn't think because my brain didn't have enough blood or whatever and i watched myself shoot 5 guys to the head in a row with the bow and arrow without trying to move a finger. It was the scariest thing that ever happened to me because it was as if i was possessed and i went to sleep immediately. When i woke up i had pissed my bed, i went to the bathroom and my shit was white, then i passed out on my bathroom mat. I woke up again very hungry and i ate a baby's weight in red meat because a huge steak was the only thing i had. After that i went to sleep again and woke up almost 24 hours later. It was all so unique and scary i remember it vividly to this day.

24 full hours on Final Fantasy 12

Only game I've done that for

I've never stayed up for any ridiculous amount of time to play games, at most an all-nighter to play something I was really into or when playing with a friend, so maybe 12-14 hours at most, though that'd include small breaks.

What I am curious about is what tends to happen to you guys when you stay up for ages, I went a bit over 72 hours without sleeping before after I hurt my back at Judo. I found it impossible to sleep so just stayed up and drank loads of water. By the end I was completely spaced out and felt really alert and paranoid, I kept hearing noises like footsteps, breathing, creaking and scratching that weren't there and was really worked up before I finally fell asleep (not sure how long but it was at least 13 hours). It was really unpleasant and I wouldn't want to repeat it again.

I stay up for days at a time anyway due to a brain injury. I've done a lot of long stints but the longest I can remember is when I had a bunch of local friends that played L4D1. Two of us made it through a 36 hour play session with only short breaks in between games for the bathroom/cigarettes. My buddy tapped out and I continued to play public games until he showed back up a day or so later. I ended up staying up 4 days in all before I passed out. By the end of it my reactions had gotten so bad I was having to be carried by my team most of the time and I'd randomly space out and forget to go in and attack with the group.

For me it's like you described but it doesn't set in heavy on me until day 5 or 6. It starts with shadows/random movement in the corner of my vision. I'll hear random sounds like you and my name begin called. I lose my appetite and start smoking like a freight train. I'm on constant alert and when attempting to fall asleep I will snap awake at real/imagined noises or things moving about the room. These symptoms will become worse and worse until the 10th day or so. I've only pushed 10+ days a few times and I always have a break with reality. At that point my mind breaks and I fall into full on psychosis.

I try not to push it anymore. If I go three days without sleep I reach for a nerve pill and pass the fuck out.

I can only go a few days before my body starts trying to sabotage me. Then I sleep for like a whole day.

Hallucinations and eventually you just die if you don't sleep.

I once knew a guy who claimed to have stayed up for three weeks.
Of course, meth.
He was certainly a strange character.

i played halo 2 for a week straight without sleeping when i was like 12 when it released, my mom let me stay home from school since i had As in everything anyway and never missed school. just took a week out sick with an "infection"

in addition since i just noticed the people are talking about what happens, yeah hallucenations, and also i ended up sleeping 3 days, until my mom woke me up thinking i was in a coma or something. i always wondered why she didnt try waking me up sooner if she thought it was a coma. but whatever

i work 4 days on and 4 days off and to this day i'll start playing a game after lunch then realize it's 11:00 or midnight. recently i started playing generals: zero hour again and put like nine hours into it yesterday

Other than a few maps in Disgaea 1? Probably pvp in Alterac Valley in vanilla WoW, or XI in general before it went to shit.

There were times during the summer when I was a kid I would play Gran Turismo 3/4 or Runescape for like 14+ hours at a time. \

Nowadays I struggle to play a game for over half an hour without getting super bored.

With bathroom breaks and taking food from the fridge, probably around 15-16h on Diablo 2 back in the day. Wake up, start playing, go to sleep around 1-2 at night. Repeat the next day.

40+ hours on some of my X3:Reunion stints midgame. 30+ hours on my first play through of MGS2 and Kerbal Space Program (v0.10) respectively. 25 hours straight through in Ridge Racer 4, Deus Ex 1, MGS1, and FF7. 22+ hours in Morrowind and probably all the other Bestashit games too. 12~18 hours at a time in any game is normal and unnoteworthy for me. I have no life at all and jerk off for 20~30 hours straight about every two weeks or so cumming 20 times. (wrecking my cock for a whole week hence the two week cycle to recover) My only limits are that my eyes get terribly irritated, bloodshot, and blurry, taking many days and bottles of eyewash to recover. Hard to get a hold of good eyewash that has the soothing agent in it instead of the worthless plain saline water contact solution shit. Otherwise I'd do that kind of thing way more often. I genuinely feel bad for normalfags that can't role play as a space trucker for years on end and have to do shit in the real world. Poor SOBs…

I have a bad habit of playing games for 20 or so hours and not noticing, especially strategy games with generated maps. The feeling when you get a lucky resource-rich start just can't be beat

If toilet breaks don't count then I can easily play
FFXIV for 16 hours a day. If online games don't count then Terraria for the same time.

Hello normalfag.