So tell me I'm not the only one who has this issue with Dark Souls 3...

So tell me I'm not the only one who has this issue with Dark Souls 3, the issue in this case being that the whole feel of the game doesn't have the whole apocalyptic feel to it, especially when compared to the first Dark Souls. For "a world which has fallen into ruins," some of the districts in the game look fine to me, especially Irithyll and Archdragon Peak. I'm just glad The Ringed City™ will make an effort to actually depict the world in its ruins, just like the last area of the game.

Its mash of Dark Souls/Dark Souls II with Bloodborne aesthetics shit all over it. In general it is a shit series, fanboys can go fuck themselves, move on.

It's less apocalyptic and more "dying Earth." So much time has passed that no one even cares anymore, and/or are incapable of caring.

There's quite a few man-made structures still around from a long time ago, just because no one is maintaining them doesn't mean they'll just explode into dust and rubble.

Irithyll isn't in ruins because it's still being lived in by its people and Archdragon Peak is separate from the main areas, thereby cutting it off from the main events happening in the game

That's because the Ringed City is supposed to be the ass-end of the game's story as opposed to somewhere in the middle like Artorias of the Abyss and Ashes of Ariandel. I don't know why you would want an entire game consisting of castles sticking out of ash when the environments in the main game look good as they are

My issue with it was the fact that it feels so fucking apocalyptic 24/7. There's no sense of mystery when you know each corner of the world is an already-broken shithole. Also, Irithyl felt like a themepark. It's pretty much the Bowser's Castle of DaS3.

Archdragon Peak was one of the most interesting places to explore, but kinda lacked content.

While all of those arguments are valid, I was expecting pretty much the entire game to be the end of the franchise and…what am I saying, it IS the end of the series. And hey, castles sticking out of ash sounds like a cool idea, but as you mentioned, it shouldn't be the ENTIRE game. After all, castles sticking out of ash isn't the only apocalyptic area they could think up of.

I guess the mystery more lies in WHAT'S ruined rather than whether or not it's ruined.

So you're just mad that most of the areas are neglected and dilapidated buildings and kingdoms where everyone residing inside either died or went hollow, and you couldn't think of any way to criticize that other than to assert that that is somehow less "apocalyptic feeling" than a dark fantasy forest with ents and the cat from alice in wonderland

Well if you don't like that, I have some bad news for you bud, the ringed city has a 90% chance of including a city, filled with enemies

Dark Souls threads should be a bannable offense.

I hope they manage to make something decent with the next title. DeS and DaS are among my favourite games but the rest only manage to scrape in at above average at best. DeS remaster with 6th archstone when?

I thought the level design was complete shit, atmosphere and architecture were great at points, path of borealis I forget the name. I remember walking across the bridge thinking this when the game shines but was soon greeted with more linear poor level design. I didn't bother finishing the game.

Sci-Fi Souls please. It should pretty much be a Blame! game.

The game is fine, but the shift from a consolidated and cohesive world to a more segmented approach has killed my appreciation of the level design. The aesthetics are serviceable, but the jarring disconnect between what is presented and how the levels are constructed gets in the way of my ability to enjoy it. You can tell that each map was designed to be, "level 1/2/3 etc" instead of a unique and interesting world with its own "character". These days, I feel apprehensive to play the game, and I can't quite pin down why, especially when I'll easily get lost in DaSI without a second thought.

Demon Souls is the only game with a decent plot and consistent lore since it's all connected together and doesn't have 2 sequels trying to expand on things that don't need it.

Dark Souls 1 was a little like this but not as clear and thought out. The Dark Lord ending is actually a good finish to the story since you break the cycle and bring about the Age of Dark (Humanity).

Dark Souls 2 made no sense and I have no idea what the story is about or when the game is taking place.

Souls 3 is kay

Your character, a lowly nobody, has traveled to Drangleic to search for a cure to the curse of the undead. The Emerald Herald tells you of the prophecy that says an Heir to the Throne will appear and force the world into an Age of Dark. During your time, you learn about the war between Drangleic and the Giants, King Vendrick's descent into madness, the ultimate demise of his kingdom, and the cunning trickery of his bride, who attempted to grasp the power of the Dark Soul for herself and become a new Dark Lord to suit her own ends. There are certain in game items that imply that Drangleic is Lordran but in the distant future, or possibly after a number of Flame/Dark cycles.

DaSIII is the same premise, I think, only your character doesn't really have any motivation to seek cinder, aside from that he's told that it's his "duty"

You make DS2 sound more well presented then it really is.

The opening cinematic of that game and even the part with the old firekeeps really reveal nothing about the plot other than that the Player is a Cursed Undead. Really there's no reason for the Cursed Undead to continue his/her quest once they find the King hollowed out walking about. The whole point was to find a solution to being undead but once that's done there's no real motivation to continue on.

Drangleic is also very confusing because the way you travel to it is through the bottom of a whirlpool in some sunken city. And it's on a large island that throws the sense of scale out the window since going through a short tunnel can take you kilometres away from Majula.

I guess you can say with DS3 but its implied that dead people are basically summoned from their ashes to keep trying to link the flame with no real motivation of their own and more of a will of the world.

Why not? You're still compelled to find a cure, and after finding the King, the Queen tells you that the King didn't have the balls to do what needed to be done and instead decided to not kindle the fire and become hollow instead (meaning the King pretty much chose the Dark Ending) and continues to manipulate you into unraveling all of the Kings safety measures that were supposed to keep the Queen away from the first flame.

It is fair to assume anything built during the Age of Fire would have been of exceedingly high quiality, and thus capable of surviving millenia without maintenence.

The game at no point gives you any reason to think that anything you are doing will give you a cure. At least in DaS 1 the game says 'something happens when you ring to bells, but nobody knows what', and it isn't until you finally meet the princess that you get any other motivation to continue.
Dark Souls 2 dumps you in a place where some ladies tell you your journey is hopeless and then you meet another lady who tells you to seek great souls, seek the king, but no reason why.

Maybe the guy was just bored and it sounded fun.

I don't know, I think archdragon peak has definitely seen better days. But yeah, they talked a lot about wanting to make "beautiful places" or something in the lead-up to release.
There's also the idea that these places have been plucked out of time and place and mashed together. I think they're in a state of perpeptual decay, rather than a state of advanced decay, so they always look like they're going to ruin and never look just outright ruined. There you go, lorefags covering for the dev mistakes yet again.

To be fair, no souls game made a big issue of the characters motivation.
They are just dumped into the world, bump into someone who waffles about a prophecy or bells that need to rung or paleblood that needs to be found and then off they go.

The problem is that Fromsoft is still in Bloodbourne mode, which is not a bad game but it is a different game, for one the world is not dying in it. You will never have Dark Souls 1 ever again, the naivety, the innocence and straightforward thinking that made it is either gone or morphed. That goes for Demon Souls as well, which as a game is lesser than Dark Souls, but better executed and whole, key characteristics.

I still don't understand why anti-souls posters are filled with such vitriol.

Game has a large fanbase so it has cancer like the people who cant stop posting giantdad and vaati. There is none of that shit in here though

When's the last time anyone posted giantdad or vaati on 8/v/?

No idea, thats why I said there was none of that shit in here. Doesnt stop the faggots from crying about souls threads though

Because soulsfags have shit taste and won't shut the fuck up about it. They really should just hide the threads instead of shitposting them though.

Nigger he even specified that to avoid confusion and you still asked that fucking question.
Are you fucking blind?

Anyway is there a release date for the next dlc and is it confirmed the last one?

Please, no. They'd fuck it up. From couldn't design something that fit in with Demons' Souls these days if their lives depended on it. Demons' Souls was a game they designed to be good first, and it being hard just flowed from that. After it came out and got the reputation of "hurr so hard, good for my e-peen to say I beat it!", the marketing and design philosophy for all the sequels became "prepare to die!" "lol so hard!" and they were made to be hard first, well-designed second. A DeS remaster would feature tweaks that make the game harder at the cost of good design, and the 6th archstone content would feel so out of place with its fast paced, infinite stamina, perpetually attacking enemies.

I'm trying to wrap my brain around how the anti-souls posters are continuing their knee-jerk reaction to anything related to the series even when the content that triggered them in the first place is not and has never been present here.

This, I've never seen such whiny contemptuous jaded braindead metafagging cocksucking group of weeaboos and I've been to Fatlus/Falcom/Overmeme threads.

Dark Souls 2 was trash, Blodborne was great, Dark Souls 3 was good, PvP is shit and you should kill yourself for ever whining or making it the main game.

There are no anti Souls posters, the game is fine, the hipster weebshit who play it and think its the greatest shit ever while continuously shitting on it due to the meta are not though.

Turbotsun

End of March and I think so as they have only confirmed two DLCs. Hope a "complete edition" torrent doesn't take long.

Newfag.

I remember seeing this show but I can't remember at all what it is called.

This makes no sense whatsoever.

I guess yeah, I don't know, I made this thread late in the night.

Oscar saved my butt so killing all of the ancient lords and becoming the Dark Lord of Humanity was the least I could do for the poor guy.

I know, that's why it would suck

Des>DaS
Nostalgic ex-sonyggers everyone.

I personally enjoyed Bloodborne more than I did Dark Souls 3.

BB felt fresh, while DS3 felt tired.
I hope From tries their hand at something new.

BB is almost the best one

I felt the same way, too. Even if I read all about it ahead of time, that just made me more curious to play the game. Also Dollio best girlio.

I like DeS' lore and plot but the gameplay isn't as good as Dark Souls 1

Dark souls is and has always been shit, everyone knows that, it's just the only thing we got for medieval dress up.
Anyway, I found a 100% better parry system and I fucking hate from for not seeing it as they were designing the games. They put it in the game and somehow did not see it.
Would have made the games 100% better, removing parries and critical hits all together is something that should have been done a while ago.

this is such a high octane way to play the game.

So basically this.

Yes, that. It removes the parry meta.

No I mean, they'd basically be making a chunk of the game a different game, it makes no sense, no studio no matter how dumb would do this.

Just run around him when he does that and backstab the bugger.

top kek

So… what's Dark Souls 3 actual story?

Ever so often the fire starts getting close to fading out and then the bells toll to revive the lords of cinder so they can rekindle the fire

A bell has rung, summoning the Lords of Cinder. However, only 1 out of the 5 Lords of Cinder have shown up so as an Unkindled, you must seek out each missing Lord of Cinder and deliver them to their thrones. Strangely simplistic for a Dark Souls game, even when compared to Dark Souls 2.

That's it?
But what about the relation of the game to the other games stories?

The Abyss Watchers gain their powers from "the wolf's blood", referring to Artorias, Aldrich has taken the form of Gwyndolin in an attempt to survive dying from the fire fading, Irithyll pretty much has become the city underneath Anor Londo and you get to fight Gwyn's first born son.

There's an entire religion around creating a Dark Lord now, one of the Lords may have been taught by either Kathe or the guy from 2 who said linking the fire was a shit idea so he refuses to do it, the Way of White moved from Thorolund (where it was based in the first game) to Carim (where it's seemingly at in the third game). Anor Londo is still there in the sense the O&S boss room is there, but everything else was replaced because the entire area fell seemingly down the side of a mountain, you meet Gwyn's firstborn as a boss that's working with the Dragons. Basically, the world is falling apart a lot worse than it was in the previous games.

He didn't take the form of Gwyndolin, Aldrich is literally eating him when you're walking in.

Well, good to know about the second part.

Isnt that because its the last cycle?

Oh and just a question, is the age of darkness actually bad? Is it the end of the world, or is it just some other state of existence?

That we don't know because almost any character has been in some way unnerved by the mention of an Age of Dark so we don't actually see it itself aside from the Untended Graves.

I think its another state of existence, after that it just gets into the speculation territory.

Well according to the lore of the first game humans are the inheritors of the Dark Souls which was received by the furtive pygmy ie Manus.
If kaathe isn't lying then the age of dark would be an age where only humans can gain power and survive but who know how good that would be.

His soul does say He would devour the gods himself as the last sentence. That and there's some lines given by Hawkwood I think that confirms it.

I think it's because the fire has been extended so many times that it isn't working anymore. It's horrifically weak at this point, as the ending where you link the fire just barely sets you on fire and you're still able to do things, rather than do the explosive reset that you saw in the first game.

There's the Age of Darkness that puts humanity on the top of the chain rather than on the bottom, and there's a literal Dark Age where there's nothing before there's a new fire that comes out of the eventual sparks that starts an entirely new cycle, at least that's what I get from the Firekeeper ending in 3. I think it's titled Age of Darkness because all humans are from the Furtive Pygmy who got the Dark Soul and the other three lords (namely Gwyn) would rather have the fire they got their powers from going.

But doesn't the Ashen one kind of survive that? At least that's what I got from watching the ending

I took it as everyone dies eventually and then once there's nothing left there's a reset, but for all I know, humans replace the everlasting dragons as life at the beginning of time.

you're the only one who sounds mad here

Look everyone. He's projecting.

Well in general world is fucked but in different way. Apocalypse become routine. But world is fucked too much anyway. Everything is turning into a giant ball of ruins.

OOlacile.

But look at it this way.
Age of Fire is the age where - darkness, light,life, death, heat and cold exist. The other side of a coin stuff.
So for people to be able to live they must be able to die. Therefore curse of the undead is the state where people can neither live or die. The opposite from both life and death.
So if you look at darkness light the same way you can see that for age of fire(light) we need age of darkness. Jew-serpents working together, both doing the same thing from opposite ends.

End of the world is not happening everywhere in the world. At 1st game it was mostly localized near Londo. But in 3rd game world is fucked and seems like it could break at any moment.

Ashen one is not alive to begin with.

Also connection with demons souls is oblivious therefore its save to assume that its possible that age of everlasting dragons where everything was covered in fog is the dark ending from demons souls. Or may be dark ending from ds3 is prequel for demons souls (lol). You can say that they just use same characters as actors in different game, the same way that Ghibli anime has all the same looking girls in them, but a fucking tower full of dead maidens in black kind of directly states connection. Unless again they threat all the previous games ds/ds1-2 as beta version for a ds3 which is possible. Also developers love to fuck with players and all of it is just mind games. Dark souls 3 and demons souls have all the same characters.

It's tied to DS1 in that it keeps all of the lore and makes many callbacks to it. Heartfelt callbacks, mind, not fanservice. It is tied to DS2 because it keeps the theme of ongoing cycles and continuing the world order.

DS3 has the best lore, writing and characters in the series, but its strongest point is a thematic one. It looks at the struggle to keep the world alive with fire and tries to play with it. It all pays off in the ending. That fucking final boss.

Boy, I sure enjoy exploring the dark world of Dark Souls and getting through all of its obstacles it puts in my way, am I right folks?

The Jews-Serpents are double headed a head on each side.

Oh, right. I forgot how this conversation began.

Even then, there's still lands that aren't being dragged towards the Kiln, meaning not every place is completely fucked over. They're dead Firekeepers, not MiBs. Plus MiB is the first demon of the Old One.

What I like most about the final boss is that he's sitting at it like the player character would a normal bonfire.

Also jew-serpent is not really interested in using manus as father for humanity, but in using humans to provoke manus. Again with ages of fire and dark as sides of a coin. 1st lest explain linking. Linking is used to prolong age of gods and flame and light and all of that. But 1st linking was done by witch of Izalith and was fucked up. So it was beta version of linking. Next gwyn used himself to link the flame and it worked better - 1st linking. After that chosen undead use same method of linking but this time with more Lord souls. After that during ds2/slightly before researches started to research better ways to link the flames. It more oblivious if you look at concept art for the game instead of looking at the game. DS2 is basically beta/demo for everything in ds3. So this version of linking involved using thrones and other lords on them and their crowns. Again same shit as in ds3, more oblivious if you look at concept art. Therefore linking of fire version 2.0. In ds3 you use same version of linking as in ds3. So there was a long way in learning how to prolong age of light/fire/all of that. So same thing might happen to prolong age of dark. Kaathe might use Manus as a tool for age of dark the same way Frampt using undead to burn themselves. And in the end it might result in Dark lord ending of ds3.

>They're dead Firekeepers
Oh its just a coincidence that they speack the same words during lvlup, they look EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME.

Given how the buildings we saw in the kiln were mixed up from different civilisations and parts of the series, I'm not comfortable taking that as anything beyond a metaphor. I find it strange enough that the kiln is atop a small archtree now.

But either way, about those other lands. They're in good shape. The closer we are to the first flame, the more surreal and dangerous the world gets. This is something I feel a lot of people overlook when looking at the state of the world. By our nature as players branded with the darksign, we're only there when the world is falling apart. We're never there for the millennia when the world is prosperous and hopeful - only when it's in its dying moments. If we could see Astora, Vinheim, Drangleic or Catarina during their glory days, I think more anons who lean towards the age of dark wouldn't support it so strongly. As it stands, we're always late to the party. Things have happened, things have died and decayed, and we're just picking up the pieces as haggard adventurers.

The only exception to this is the Soul of Cinder. That battle has one thing which nothing else in the entire series has - a sense of belonging.

So much of it is just perfect.
He sits by the bonfire like everyone else. And he runs to you just like you have to run to him. He looks for your roll and adjusts his attack to punish you. He mixes skills from the player's arsenal, just like a player might.

It also looks like the old one.

Their clothing is wildly different (as well as MiB having an actual cape, the fire keeper seemingly doesn't have eyes where as MiB has her occluded by wax. Plus, the Firekeeper has warped forearms that MiB doesn't have. The "same words" you mention is literally half of one line during the level up and a heavily modified line right before level up.

I wish there was an option to visit some of the places that have been constantly referenced rather than going into another painting and going to what might be Londor. Hell, if you went to Astora in one of the dlcs, you could take a swing to where Anri and Horace lived and give more information about them and Aldrich.

Because Dark Souls was hailed as the first actually difficult game in a while, but autists who had been playing games like IWTBTG took offense.

The smugness of a chunk of the player-base saying they're true hardcore gamers didn't help.

Make a guess from which game this art comes.

They're the most hardcore mainstream gamers, but yeah there were definitely much harder underground games going around at the time. Although pretty much all of them were shit.

Age of Fire = Age of Gods

The Gods are more like the Greek mythology Gods and actually interact with humans. They're giant dicks who can't handle the fact their age is almost over and so Gwyn fucked everything up by causing an endless loop of people linking the fire which keeps the Age of Fire going.

The Age of Dark is the Age of Humans. The furtive pygmy is the original Human and all humans are descended from him/her. The Pygmy possessed the Dark Soul. Bringing about the Age of Dark is ending the Age of the Gods and bringing Humanity to the forefront.

This. Age of Dark is the true "good" ending, if you believe in humans.

Two. You forgot to hide the 'Throne of Want' in the first image.

Difficulty for the sake of difficulty isn't fun, but a genuinely challenging game could be really enjoyable if done right.

Yeah, there is no fucking similarity between maiden in black with waxed eyes and firekeepers with waxed eyes. I guess they look "wildly different" indeed.

Just look how great Oolacile is doing! Or new londo!

The Abyss =/ The Age of Dark

The Abyss is a reaction to the unnatural continuation of the Age of Fire. The dead Firekeepers are also a result of the Age of Fire going on for too long.

I wish I could find a vid of the ending where you kill the firekeeper at the last second

the abyss is the physical darkness that would be created if there was no fire to keep it in check. The life soul made a fire tree, the death soul just makes disease, the light soul made lightning, and the dark soul is made of mass and makes things physical

It looks less like wax and more like a mass produced mask similar to the current Firekeeper that was black, especially when it's over their hair rather than under. And if they really were the same character, why isn't the Firekeeper called a demon where the MiB is literally called the first demon?
The Abyss is different from the Age of Dark.
It was only flooded because Gwyn got ass blasted they were working for an Age of Dark, not because they were corrupted by the Abyss.

I think it's more of a callback than anything else.

>its okay because it was not a real communism age of dark

Are you even trying nigger?

Yea I was trying, I cant get the vid you linked to show up in my search results.

The cycles of the age of fire has been there since DS1. The player character is the 2nd being to do it with Gwyn being the first because remember the world was already going into an age of dark before Gwyn sacrificed himself. It's only in DS3 do we know that we have to wait for the fire to fade enough to usurp it. DS2 is really just a more direct telling of the cycles.

IT WASN'T REAL DARKISM

Age of Dark eventually sees the fire returning to the world as said by the Firekeeper in one of the DS3 endings.

Anyway Gods are faggots and Humanity is #1 Age of Dark 4 lyfe

The Abyss you see in the first game is literally because Manus' humanity went wild due to being tortured to the point of madness.
So what we see of the Age of Fire when we wake up in all of the games isn't actually the Age of Fire because it's not working properly?

Youtube: Not Even Once

The age of dark is the age of humanity. The flame fading completely is just the first flame coming to an end, not an age of dark. That doesn't mean a second flame is impossible which I think is what the firekeeper is on about. If the first flame can just pop into existence then so can a second flame.

lol, why don't you just git gud

Are you blind or stupid or both?

Witch of Izalith was 1st who tried that.

As I said before, age of fire/dark is different sides of the same coin. Both advocated by identical jew-serpents. And the only source of "age of dark is good for you goim" is one of jew serpents. Same guy who fucked Oolacile and New londo.

Guess who gave that idea to torture Manus? It wasnt exactly torture I think, but whatever, same thing.
Well its the end of age of fire so yeah, usually things are better. But it seems that whole linking of the fire, change of ages and all that shit bring world to really fucked up state. And if you count one-two conversations in dlc for ds3 as a good source of info than probably whole world was supposed to be burned to the ashes instead of half measures with linking the flame/not linking it.

*cough*

Just saying it doesn't really look like wax tbh fam. The Age of Dark would have worked! It would have given power to the people rather than the "G-ds" that oppress the innocents! Extending the Age of Fire is why all of this shit is happening anyway.

That was prior to the fire ever existing faggot.

No the Witch went to duplicate the first flame.

Incorrect the abyss was emanating from manus who's humanity went wild because of raisins. The abyss can't emanate from normal humanities.

That first pic in particular really looks like the kiln of the first flame in DS1. As if the lords could have all been sat there by the Throne of Want.

Yeah, but it's much too early then to call it a proper cycle. The Chosen Undead had the story of deciding if this was something he wanted to do; it was more about direct succession than cycle continuation. The difference is slight, but it is definitely there.

Though between the chosen undead and the ashen one, we know who had the most adorable NPC guide.

Is ds2 before or after ds3?

AoA was a time of stagnation where nothing happened and nothing was nothing, and then there was fire and stuff happened, AoF is the time of Gwyn and the fire and all that prosperous shit, AoD is supposed to be a time where shit gets dark, but we don't really see what it is that's supposed to happen. We know it gets dark, but as far as what happens to people there's nothing to draw from because miyazaki isn't a good writer and doesn't have any idea of what to do.
There was something in DS3 where aldrich was talking about the age of the deep, and the deep was close to dark in that they both do dark damage. It makes sense for the AoD (Deep or Dark) to be about water rather than fire, since the dark and light soul are conflicting lords souls and the Light Soul was that which made the age of fire. It kinda makes sense if you forget the fact that the furtive pigmy was a guy who also absorbed the fire, though I guess in the way that the life soul made a fire tree and demons from that, and the death soul made rot and disease, the light soul and the death soul are equally polar in their use of the flame, the dark soul creating water instead.
TL;DR It makes the most sense that the AoD will be a time filled with water, and AoA was just the beginning where nothing happened, that's not what the AoD would be about.

At this point I don't think anybody cares. I just want to run around with a xanthous crown/monk's hood and piss people off by opening doors, or pulling elevator levers.

2 happens before 3.

Before. The Forossa knights, the bearer of the curse and the throne of want are referenced, though in terms as vague as DS2 warrants.

2 is in a fucking portal you mongoloid.

I think the age of dark would basically be what we have now. No magic, miracles, dinosaurs, gods interacting with mortals, or dragons. Just humanity doing what we do.

But it's implied to be built on top of Lordran and nobody remembers the Gods anymore or even makes reference to them.

I thought 2 happened after 3, but when I brought it up on the >Steam forums I was shit on for being retarded because there's references of 2 in 3. Either way, From is retarded and doesn't know how to write a story.

Before it's just that Drangleic is in a different location to Lordran/Lothric.

Fromsoft would be that retarded.

The fact that the Nameless King is pretty much outright confirmed to be Gwyn's firstborn kind of lends credence to this. The nation of Drangleic also seems to have become Drang at some point, and Drang is said to be far away across the sea from wherever Lothric is.

Obviously everything is just speculation, but do you think that the continent where Lothric resided/resides could also be where the giants who invaded Drangleic came from? Or where Yhorm is from?

I bring it up constantly, but giants in DS2 and 3 are almost identical to giants in King's Field 4, who lie dormant in a huge forest. They're the same. Their skin is brown but they're the same size and have the same hole for a face.

that is strictly dark 2, 3 makes a point to show you that giants have man faces. The only hole face giant is in the backyard of firelink and I think that was only put there because miyazaki is a fucking asshole

Watch this on the age of the Deep, what are dregs and why the Dark is different from the age of the Deep. In short you could say the Deep is an evolution of the Dark much like the Profaned flame is an evolution of the Chaos flame.

HOW BOUT NO?

I mean, it's probably a retcon since they look basically the same in 3 as 2 sans the goofy little head shoved inside the hole.

ACCEPT THE LORE AUTISM INTO YOU

So anyways how are your builds faggots? I usually build my character for maximum tears, usually by just irritating people before going in for the kill. I have not tried it yet, but I want to incorporate a build that uses TWoP, and pursuers.

Therefore using all lord souls and setting yourself on fire is completely different from both!
As I fucking said before, linking of flame is not 100% foolproof solution that pooped out of nowhere. It was long process of researching how to do it. Witch was betaversion, Gwyn was 1.0 version. Chosen undead was 1.1 version. Vendrick was supposed to be 2.0 version but he failed. So cursed undead again was version 2.0 with usage of thrones for lords. And in ds3 we use linking 2.0, from dark souls 2, in linking of flame ending and something different for other endings. Instead of linking yourself to fire you link fire to you.

Every fucking thing is vague about dark souls 2.

DS2 originally was different from final version and was basically the same as ds3 storywise. But they changed everything to be vague as fuck. You hunt lords near thrones, you link fire, its the same fucking thing.

Also geography is fucked. It was speculated that whole world is brought to the kiln of 1st flame, so everything is nearby, even if it was supposed to be far away land or a completely different time.

Better to think about whole story this way. Intro from ds1 and a bit of a story, that chosen undead linked the flame after gwyn. Ds2 is just a demo where everything can be ignored because it was repeated full version in ds3. Same with demons souls, connections are oblivious, but its better to ignore them and pretend that everything is fresh material.

Picsrelated. They are not supposed to look stupid, they just do so in game because model makes(and basically everyone else beside original concept art artists fucked up). It was supposed to look like this instead of head-sphincters.

Exactly

Yes exactly. The first flame had to be weak enough to do this. DS1 and DS2 first flame was far from the weak state as it is in DS3 which is why at those points in time you would be waiting for it to fade.

The team behind DaS2 seemed to think they were making some type of spiritual sequel to DeS which is why everything feels a lot more like DeS than Dark.

This isn't a positive comparison since it's like they took the worst aspects of both games and put them together

Its not about streight of fire, its about knowledge what to do. You are able to do it because of long ritual directed by Kaathe followers while in Kaathe himself just directed you to walk away and that was it. Or because firekeeper seen some shit from abyss. And no one refers to weakness of fire. Same with linking, you need to know how to do it.

Dont think so. If anything ds3 is closest ot demons souls than any other game.
Downgrade in graphics, lore, everything. Its like they were making better game but decide to make worst choices possible because fuck you. Original art original footage looks much better than final(and fucking double final) version of the game.

I found Dark Sous 3 to be very boring. There isnt enough weapon variety that works in game, the magic is all horribly underpowered, big weapons movesets always get interrupted so easily, daggers and knuckles dont do shit, so no point using those, everyone breaks my shield so quickly so dodging is just plain better, armor doesnt let you hit longer, and all the boss weapons are shit. On top of that pvp is so gimped and onesided to the invaded and theres so many damn flasks you can just chug.

What's the point of the game being pretty or having cool atmosphere if the gameplay is so shit? I wish from would fix the gameplay already.

In DS1 you are told to let the fire fade. In DS2 Nashandra comes after you to stop you from linking the fire in an attempt to usurp it herself when it's faded enough (otherwise she would have done it in DS2). In DS3 the fire is faded enough for you to usurp it.

This is what I mean by weakness of fire. You are not told in plain terms but this is what is happening.

It's working as intended.

Then they should never let Miyazaki near a sequel again. He doesnt seem to know how to handle them.

If you are referring to the poise thing I think it had to do with the fact that they couldn't adequately incorporate the backstabs into the combat. They didn't want another situation where the best strategy was to wait for an attack, poise through it, and then backstab somebody. The combat in DaS3 is built around precision, and waiting for the right moment, which would have been fine if not for the fact any lag would play hell with such a system. That's my take on it at least.

Take it with a grain of salt, but he wasn't the director of 2 until after they had already started development. I don't think hee was the director of 3 until after they finished Bloodborne either.

So instead they chose a situation where the majority of the weapons are shit because of their new system? And that doesnt explain why magic is so shit now.

Which means you dont know. Why make excuses for him? It's his project, and he obviously fucked up.

3 apparently started development before 2 with one director of 3 working on 2. He didn't even work on 2 outside of being an "advisor", because he was working on BB at the time. It doesn't excuse the fact that 3 is a turd, but you can only polish turds so well.

Unlike any other souls game?

What stops you from usurping it if she can do it and you are stronger than her? So flame was weak so she can usurp it but you can and walk away instead? And if whole ritual was unnecessary why player doing it and there is no other way to usurp the flame?
Was flame weak to usurp it in ds2? You said it was and it was not at the same time. I said you cant usurp it because you dont know how. And look at that, without knowledge you just walked away just like in ds1. How the fuck you supposed to do something so complicated if no one fucking mentioned it ever or presented it as a choice?
What is more plausible, something that is not mentioned in games are the cause of things that happen in games or a long complicated ritual in game are the cause of something that happen in game?
Doing ritual - usurping fire. Not doing ritual/not knowing how to do ritual - walking away.
Its not that fucking hard to understand.

In DaS you would just take a hit, poise through it, and backstab for more damage then what they did to you. That is implying they hit you, which if they were using a weapon like a halberd they may not have.

Also linking of flame is also a ritual. In ds1 you ring a bells collect shit and link the flame. In ds2 they had bell towers where you can ring a bell with no effect whatsoever most likely because it was too hard for players to play in constant pvp zone, collect shit and link the flame. In ds3 bells start ringing you collect the shit and link the flame. You told to what to do and you do the ritual.

DS1 The flame was weak but not enough to usurp.
DS2 the flame was weaker but not enough for you or Nashandra to usurp.
DS3 the flame is weak enough to usurp.

If the chosen undead in DS1 walked away and let the flame fade instead of linking it then most likely the chosen undead would have usurped it later.

As for not knowing how to usurp I think it's worth considering that Kaathe would have told the player character when the flame was weak enough. Nashandra wanted the flame for herself so she has no reason tell you how to usurp.

And if you dont do it instead of doing it you cant usurp the flame. Therefore you conclude that something never mentioned is the cause of usurpation instead of player actions. Seems legit.
You claim that you dont need knowledge or rutual and it happens because of something not mentioned in game but it was real in your mind.
Why the fuck you need to do ritual if flame is weak enough to usurp?

No I don't claim you don't need knowledge of a ritual to usurp the flame, that's been you spouting that off. My whole point is you can usurp the first flame when the flame is weak enough and in DS1 and DS2 the flame wasn't weak enough to usurp. Stop getting so hung up on the player chasracter having to know the ritual when that's not what I'm even debating.

Source:your ass.

Because they're lonely and the only way they know to get attention is to lash out at others in order to receive negative attention, because even that is better than the hollow nothing that is their bleak existence. Plus, they all played the hell out of literally every single souls game so they know all of them inside and out and can thus discuss them in depth, even if that discussion is just cry-for-help shitposting.

Daily reminder that DS2 had the most compelling plot and did more to push the narrative envelope than any other soulslike

There is no source it's just a collection of events that have made me come to that conclusion.

If the usupation of fire was possible in DS1 the chosen undead would have been taught how to do it as Kaathe would be stupid not to. If you could usurp it in DS2 then Nashandra would have done it because it makes no sense for her not to. You have two endings in DS3 ending the age of fire, one letting the fire burn out or usurp it. Combining all of these points leads to the conclusion that you have to wait for the first flame to fade to a certain point before you can take it. If you don't agree then fine but you must at least explain a better one. Nashandra not knowing how to isn't a very good answer.

Because kaathe is omniscient prophet who knows everything about everything.
4 fucking different endings.
Its because of global warming also never mentioned in game. Kaathe was going tell chosen undead how to usurp fire, but because of global warming he had autism and aids. Because during ds2 he was absent he was able to cure his autism with the help of another dimension aliens. But he died of aids after. But before his death he was able to tell everything to a mouse. You know, a regular mouse, never mentioned anywhere. And this mouse had ward(because of global warming) adventures. And because of that everyone knew this mouse! And this mouse was the shard of Manus! You see what is going on here? Mouse Manus! And its soul was reincarnated into a tree near FS. And from that tree grew a human who became a chosen undead.
Because obliviously Kaathe always knew how to do anything, and gwyn (who employed Kaathe) also knew everything about linking of fire and Vendrick who employed Manus as a wife knew everything and Manus also knew everything, because Manus always had an agenda. Its totally safe to assume that everyone knew everything about world order and how everything works, because no one fucked up anything before and never created a race of demons or became a zombie while his kingdom was fucked up or had a trap son or destroyed 2 towns with the same idea Remember the only fucking thing Manus wanted? And remember where manus cooperated with Kaathe? The that one time where manus was chilling(before global warming) in his grave and Kaathe told everyone to dig him up. Great start for a great friendship! Kaathe always wanted a new lord for himself. Someone strong! And super smart! Like chosen undead who believes a giant tits illusion and a jew serpent. Or the idea that sucking souls out of everyone make world a better place for humans. You see you have to suck humanity out of humans to make a better world for humans.

Did anyone else notice some of the weapon icons give you a false display of what the weapon actually looks like? Like the boss soul UGS for the twin princes looks like a cool busted up red hot sword and the actual weapon looks like a molten piece of shit.
In the same vein, weapons that have the exact same movesets with very slight variance kinda pisses me off; it's fine that straight swords all swing the same and have nearly the same weapon arts all the time, but that UGS and the Profaned UGS you get from Sully is "charge it with fire." The coiled sword feels like a smaller version of that too, and it does the exact same thing. Fuck sake.