What are some ways to replay this game to put some more life into it...

What are some ways to replay this game to put some more life into it? I've already played through about 5 times and I don't want to be bored, but DS2 is shit and DS3 isn't worth an NG+. All I can think of is using a self gravelording mod so you have new enemies throughout the game.

2 hour run 100% fists only 1HP.

That's more tedious than enjoyable.

Take that out and just run through the game as quick as can then.

Challenge runs. Complete the game as SL 1, use only fist weapons in a run, don't roll at all in a run, never use a bonfire, never heal through the game, things like that.

How long is a play through? How much do you play on a day? You might need to take a break. Give it some time. Other than specific weapons that are fun, you can only do so much in the games.

Why was Dark Souls 2 so bad and its DLC so much worse? Why did they think tedious open areas with 3+ enemies would make for a fun engaging experience.

Because they couldn't be bothered to design something fun to fight and be difficult as well, so have three tedious things to balance that out.

Fuck the 3rd DLC. Those zebras in the snow can fuck right off.

**I honestly got bored every time I tried to play the DLC until today, I grit my teeth through Aava, the only boss I've ever found to be harder with summons than without, and jumped down the hole into a gauntlet and just thought 'fuck me, nobody playtested this to see if it was fun'

Because they wanted to push the game being "difficult". I can't stand how a lot of the colors in 2 are really fucking ugly or how a lot of the animations feel fucking awful while playing and make me quit before I can get to the first boss, but some of the armors look really nice, and the idea of powerstancing and the auras you get from doing well in pvp really are neat ideas.

NG+, Dex build, only use Painting Guardian Sword.

Here's the challenging part: unbind your Light Attack button. Dancing heavy attacks only.

CHAOS BLADE, NO SHIELD!

The aggressive mod is pretty fun. Some areas are way harder but others actually become easy. For instance the Anor Londo archers commit suicide but a horde of silver knights await you inside.

Gold Tracer > PGS
My core playthroughs of the game consisted of Dex builds with the DWGR and miracles. I haven't done any heavy str builds though.

Using greatshield of artorius on a dex build that still got under 25% load felt godly

Maybe if you're bad.

The games boring, the boss fights aren't interesting, the world doesn't fit together structurally and 'balancing' they did to poise was the start of the end for PvP.

hue

It's horrible. Managed it in the end, but why the fuck they thought that was a good idea is beyond me still.

I replayed Scholar recently & found it to be much better than DS3. For the record I have never liked PvP in these games

Dark Souls 2 is only "good" for PVP if you enjoy the pre-arranged, arena style PVP. If you want the chaos of invasions and the fuckery you could have had in Dark Souls 1, it's shit. The mechanics of Dark Souls 2 are designed to make that kind of play very difficult and not worth it.

Besides, the PVP in Dark Souls 1 where people wait around in common areas was always the worst.

Cosplay runs.
Speedruns.
Builds you haven't tried before (lots of fast rolling, STR/DEX builds, how about pyromancy focus, bow focus, miracle focus etc.?)
Myriad of challenge runs such as no death, no heal, no bonfire, no levelling, magic only, miracles only, fatroll only etc.

One of the best things about DS is the variety and replay value.

When did this become THIS? Fuck Fromsoft, they did this just to appeal to normalfags.

One of the things I like about DaS is that it's the only one of them that heavy armor is actually viable in and tanking damage is possible.

Gotta appeal to the Berserk audience.

It just looks like an ugly piece of shit now, contrasted to the elegant yet powerful looking design in DS.

Probably my biggest disappointment from DaS 2. My second run in DaS 1 was cosplaying Iron Tarkus because I wanted him to make it.

But that's wrong.

Projectiles only run

you forgot

Play it while giving a shit about the lore

This is all. The game is refreshing and challenging again because your own knowledge betrays you in unexpected ways.
Spotting the mimics walking towards you is hilarious

How the fuck do I play the torrented version of this game without a live acount?

>double implying

Bump

What's a good weapon styled for a magic build?

Well it depends honestly. There is a lot that can be abused, and that can be a lot of fun. I was thinking of making a 99 vit/resistance build with a good heavy armor, and the grubs egg head. I was going to use it to just walk around using the poison mist pyromancy, and worn looking weapons while walking around the sewers getting invaded. Just try to come up with some fun builds, if you don't have any ideas you might try jewtube videos.

Moonlight greatsword. Low strength requirement at 16, and really low weight at 6.

DaS3 should have had GiantMeme as the final boss.

He definitely should have been there, but as a secret final boss.

I have heard that DS3 is dead, I find that hard to believe. Did everyone just get fed up and leave? I didn't play DS3 so I can't confirm if it's the case or not.

Guts' sword looks like that at first but then he gets the big one.

I can't find damage values for miracles, I want to see how damage is to compare all of the damage miracles. Also ng+ doesn't let you get a second great lightning spear/gravelord greatsword dance does it?

I don't play it anymore due to a lack of content, little build variety and linear playthrough. A shame because most of the content in the game is fantastic.

At this point the only people really playing are either fucking around in the arena or are sitting in the designated community pvp zone. The main problems stem from it being a mostly straight line with small deviations that don't link to anything and builds being really similar.

All covenant items are one spawn per character which was a massive oversight from the devs. Fortunately most are crap to even give a shit about. Lightning spear animations only improved drastically in DS3 so your not missing much as sorcery is the superior projectile.

I'm talking about miracles in 1, I know they were gutted into unplayability in any form thanks to multiplayer balance. Wondering if Emit Force is any decent for damage.

Guts uses both, he doesn't start with the Dragonslayer and his original sword actually looks a lot like the first one you posted.

*multiplayer balance in 3

have you done a no Pyromancy SL1 run?

The second looks like a dumpster fire, it's ugly as sin.

So am I.

This is the worst thing to do with the pvp. Invaders should be out and about, or in high traffic areas like the marauding hordes they are.

There's an area defense invading cov that's included in it, but I think it was luck that it ended up being the same area.

Most spells have a magic adjust value on their description. For example great lightning spear has a magic adjust of 2.7 which means if your talisman has a magic adjust of 200 it will deal 540 damage.

I never understood the autism of replaying this game continuously.

Me neither. I am almost never in a new game plus.

I like to do it with character builds I haven't tried, but beyond that I don't know either.

It has replayability thanks to the singleplayer.