ITT: Curveballs from left field

ITT: Curveballs from left field.
Serious spoilers ahead.
>Protagonist is at good terms with a girl, has possibly been for years and does things like eating dinner with her.
>Protagonist sets out on adventure, girl follows
>After a while another girl joins.
>After a somewhat dangerous situation, girl 2 runs up to protag and hugs him.
>Girl 1 runs off.
>Protag marries girl 2, gets her pregnant and settles down with her.
Selan is nice, but her feelings for Maxim came out of nowhere. Tia was always the one being worried about Maxim.

Selan x Dekar and Maxim x Tia (and Guy x his sister) seemed way more likely to happen.

Tia was the Amy Rose to Maxim's Sonic. Selan was someone he had more in common with.

It took me completely off-guard when I played it as a kid, but as an adult I can see some justification for it.

I never beat guard daos. Guess I should emulate this at some point.

That was pretty surprising first time I played it. Love the game, but didn't really care about who I was saving. Still one of my favorites of all time.

No offense but Lufias story was mediocre.
The gameplay was what made it shine, but its story was as generic as it gets.

Same thing can be said for almost every good game. At the end of the day they are video games.

Even if Selan was better suited to Maxim, fuck did Tia get shafted. Feel real bad for her. She basically just packs up and goes home in shame.

id like to shaft tia

You just can't keep the left-vs-right political shitposting at your own containment boards, can you?

Just joking. I can't think that much about romance stuff, but Sleeping Dogs was funny game in sense that pretty much all the dateable girls with their own missions looked worse than the random female npcs in the game.

How the hell am I supposed to solve this by the way?

muh love triangles

That one's easy. The bush labyrinth later on is a fucking nightmare.

The first game tells you about this in the introduction sequence. How it this a surprise ?

Having not played this game for about a decade and having no idea what the fucking sign says on the side, i'm going to ASSUME you put the boxes on the spikes and push the rock on the symbol.

Your mother is a fucking tree.

Not a big surprise, in the first game the heroine turns into the Mana Tree.

I remember getting stuck on this for days before finally giving up. Could only solve it on another playthrough years later (and no, I don't remember how)

For a while I thought you had to trick this goblin over. However, it won't go over to the right part of the room.

…You can't place bombs or boxes on the spikes, by the way.

Ohh, IIRC I think there's a fourth crate hidden around somewhere. You could try searching for it.

Having played the original Lufia first, I'd say the prequel being so fucking good is a curveball in itself after how generic and cookie-cutter the original was.

Yeah well you're mom's a whore, faggot.

One of the girls gets mad as fuck with you when she discovers you're dating another girls, i loved it.

These two deserve each other.

Yeah, fuck ching chong bitch.
Ginger was the best girl, even though I can't even remember her name to google her pics.