MINETEST. better than minecraft. yet no Holla Forums server

I would love to play some Minetest with Holla Forums if we only just had a competant admin who banned griefers and hackers. I want to be a good team with you all and play on a heavily modded server with all kinds of great things we could build. I even want to build a giant space ship with you all (but we have to build it deep under water in the deepest ocean) to "simulate" space. so that it's very dark and being outside the ship isn't good.

please Holla Forums? I'm a good friend.

theres a ghost server

floorchan.org 30000

what do you mean by ghost server? nobody playing?

It's not actually better than Minecraft. It's a pretty subpar clone with the motto "mods will fix it!", yet the modding community is small and shitty.

It is better by virtue of being completely free. Get fucked cum-drinking gay retard.

All games are free. You're fucked if you only restrict yourself to libre games, anyway. I haven't played MC for 5 years and I can tell it's better than this thing.

It's better at giving you a sense of smugness like a teenage little shit for playing, but worse in everything else.

but that's completely wrong. MINETEST successfully does right every single thing that minecraft should have done, but did very very wrong. not only that but the modding community (if you did any research) is pretty freaking big.

Do you seriously pay for games?

I used to run a Minetest server. Only people who came on were Russian kids, so I'd spend time fucking with them sneakily.

It's worldgen and world size make Minecraft look like a joke, but Minecraft is the more complete game. I'd still love to see a proper Minetest server with a big community and mods made around bringing people together and building towns and stuff. If I was playing solo I'd probably just play Minecraft.

do we already have minecraft shills in this thread?

I played minecraft very early on and I loved it, but when they started to rape the game by adding stupid things and changing what made the game fun, I started to hate the game.

when I found minetest I felt like this

(yea, that's my post)

Free as in freedom

funny stories? or were you very cruel and mean to them?

yea that would be fun.

not to burst your parade bubble or anything but after playing minecraft solo for quite a while I can honestly give my fair review it is so bad that it doesn't even suck, it's just depressing

I'd play minetest if there was a port of IC2 or any other autism mod.

That's the issue, Minetest with mods feels like a clusterfuck of additions that don't mesh together. It's full of strange incohesive technical shit that don't interact with each other. There still isn't a system as solid and intuitive as redstone, is there?
I say this from playing on several different Holla Forums servers. They had those weapon mods, a pretty fucking important feature if there's going to be factions and fun stuff like that, and they absolutely fall flat, it's pathetic.

It sounds like you are just trying to make up fake reasons why people shouldn't like minetest. I played on a good server once that had many many mods and they blended together so well that the server had an excellent atmosphere and felt enjoyable to play with your friends in.

I like to annoy people enough to cause discomfort, but not so much that they realize they're being fucked with. I dug a 1x1 hole really deep and built a shack on it, and had a ladder going down. The ladder ends halfway, and anyone going down will plummet and hit the floor. This works in Minecraft too, but Minetest's lighting is a lot darker.
I also made a building in the sky with a water ladder to get to it, but Minetest water ladders don't work the same way and you end up drowning before you get to the top. And if you realize you're fucked and jump out, you hit the ground.

Single player MC is shit, but I only play it when I have an interesting idea. Last idea was to build an underwater city, by abusing how the bucket can let you breathe infinitely. One before that was a sky city with piston translocation elevators to get to it. It's best played in short bursts in single player.

Also I forgot to mention, in Minetest when you die you leave a bone block which contains your stuff. I used that to count how many people fell for my traps, but stopped counting at around 20

The truth about Minecraft is that it was always barren shit devoid of features, the only thing going for it was the promises Notch made. Minecraft, however, has properly designed, cohesive, fully fledged mod packs, unlike Minetest. That's what's missing, in my opinion.

The game feels so fucking weird, like a flash game or something.

Then ignore my fake reasons, I'm obviously the paid Minecraft shill known as c2b1aa. I enjoyed playing with Holla Forums, but the lack of decent weapon mods made faction wars and an Ace of Spades gamemode not possible.

you're such a shill but you have great taste.

I would love to play ace of spades minetest with Holla Forums.

I don't like how everyone always says that ace of spades isn't possible on minetest. that's totally possible. just the right weapons and mods, simple ones even and we have a good place to start.

that was a cheap reply… out of all the posts you could have commented on, that was the most distasteful.

who cares about minecraft? It's crap. lets work together and organize a Holla Forums minetest server with alot of good mods and have some fun with it.