I always hear of weeaboos, but how prevalent is the westaboo elsewhere? Aside from a couple hentai doujins...

I always hear of weeaboos, but how prevalent is the westaboo elsewhere? Aside from a couple hentai doujins, I have never seen any references to more western popular genres such as the FPS.

CoD and BF are best sellers in Japan.

Weeaboos have no excuse to call asians westaboos, when western culture obviously superior, and western inspired games are usually the best

A man should never put another culture above his own. By all means adopt the parts of it that are successful but that is not quite the same thing.

I suppose you have a point. There is quite a bit of European influence in regard to theme.

That's a fucking retarded sentiment.
You're a bit young to be this fucking old.

There's nothing wrong with being proud of who you are user, in fact much the opposite.

Pic related is always going on about muh superior western shooters and how nips suck at video games.

Now this is bait.

I don't know about video games, but the creator of JJBA is a well known westaboo.

They play games like cod and talk about military stuff

That's the equivalent

We don't really have anime waifus in the west

why are goons so shit?

ground zeroes was pretty good tho

No it wasn't, it was a 20 minutes long scam with casualized gameplay.

what do you mean by posting that pic? all I know is that girl is from a fucking hentai not a video game.

Lots of Japs are westaboos.

Want to know one of the best selling games over in Japan?
Skyrim.

It's like no game thy've got over there, so it's alien and amazing to them, despite better games existing that we've all played.

I think koreans have the most westaboos, simply based on the fact that a vast majority of their women crave American(regardless of race) dick.

Well, when people say westaboo, I think there is a problem with the term.
If weeaboo is only for Japan, we would need terms for USA, France, England and Germany. I mean, beside these, almost no western country is important to them.
As a huelander, I've seem some stuff with my country at least.
There was a post about Zafina as a hueaboo, but I lost it.

And yet he draws like a 13 year old.

That's because you hues are perhaps the biggest weeaboos. You fucks managed to get all the classic tokusatsu translated and aired on TV throughout the years.

Araki seems more like just a general autistic trivia-hunter.
He always loves using random, obscure information as major plot points.

Geniune question, how come us beaners/hues are the biggest weebs? I keep on seeing Dragon Ball shit on backpacks in stores, even on the back of buses in these countries.

The entire population of Japan are westaboos. How many characters are there in anime or japanese games that look even remotely Asian?

Easily impressed by anime?

Italy is a pretty strong weeb country too, they translate damn near everything and do it fast as shit. A lot of things that the US and others never even heard of for decades, like Lupin III and JJBA, came out in Italy after a year or so and got huge.

Yeah, Itaty is definitely up there too. They got the original 1979 Mobile Suit Gundam a year after it aired in Japan.

Well, it was fun, but the golden age is over. Every major channel killed most if not all of their programs for kids. Nowadays, kids have literally no reason to watch TV.

Araki is definitely a westaboo, he constantly puts in western musical references, and most of the settings are western, britain, america, and italy, not to mention most of the main characters are white. Though araki is a pretty healthy westaboo, unlike say kojima who loves the west so much he puts in some of the dumber shit western media has to offer.

Isn't Shininchero Wantanabe Creator of Cowboy Bebop a well known westaboo?

There are terms for all of those, just not "aboo" terms. England = anglophile, France = francophile, Germany = germanophile, etc. The -phile suffix is not necessarily sexual, it just refers to an extreme obsession.

Calm down autismo, all the other metal gears are still heavily influenced by western culture, so pick whichever you liked best and pretend he posted that one.

I liked Metal Gear 1880 Samurai Ed

So you're looking for western game references in anime and manga?
I believe another page from that same thing explains pretty well why westaboo are so few and far between.
I've seen it posted here often.

I'd say Japan also has a more nationalistic slant than the west does toward japan.

Skyrim was the first western game to get a 10/10 on famatsu.
You look at their rankings and its just them scrounging the bottom of the terribly derivative JRPG barrel as if to say they hardly even recognize that the west exists.
The Last of Us is one of the few games I can think of that Japan believed was of value.
It was also toned down for them in a few places.
Really I'd say violence is a pretty big factor when trying to appeal to Japan as they don't seem to like it very much.

I've seen Metal Gear and Monster Hunter references a bunch.
Dragon Quest references are so prevalent they have evolved into a trope of JRPGs themselves.

But you're not going to get "arrow to the knee" or "the cake is a lie" jokes in the animu and mangos and perhaps thats for the best.

Coming from Mexico, I can only speak for my country, but here, the biggest thing was Dragon Ball Z because it was on open TV so every kid was able to watch it, while other shit like Gundam Wing was cable television.
Since DBZ was the one cartoon everyone could watch it usually became the main topic at school, and so, many grew up with it.
I have met cholos (Mexican equivalent of niggers) that can speak for hours about DBZ and even normalfags that follow DB Super for some reason.
Also the Latin American spanish dub is breddy gud and was based on the original japanese, so the techniques kept their japanese names, and this side of the wall being hugely catholic I am very surprised they actually left Mr. Satan's name like that.

No, he just has a hard on for Western music.
He gives each of his new anime different themes
Jazz/Blues/Scat for Cowboy
Rap for Samurai Champloo
Bossa Nova and other Hueland music for Michiro and Hachin.
Then Disco/Funk/Techno/ for Space Dandy

I know you spics have a hardon from the original Mazinger Z

Most of them play it in 3rd person though, I dont think they're used to playing rpgs like a fps.

I once heard some cops call another cop "el Mazinger".
It's kinda big, but mostly for slightly older people

In japan the people playing western FPSes, especially call of duty and such, are considered "hardcore".

That's basically about it.

You're confusing them with italians.

Italians grew up with mazinger, getter, galaxy 999, sampei, Captain Harlock, Ranma 1/2, Lupin the Third, Saint Seiya, and many more.

If we dig even further back we can find Shin Chan, Sasuke (do you even know what this is? maybe you can search "サスケ" and perhaps get some results and understand what i'm talking about), Tiger Mask etc etc.

This is because all this shit was on national television at some point.

Frankly americans are huge basic bitches when it comes to weebdom, there's places in europe where they'd be astounded by the amount of patrician anime and manga that used to be so popular it integrated itself into common shared culture.

I guess at least I never saw Tranzor Z as a kid and assumed itvwas a Transformers knock-off. Probably would have ruined the boner I have for the ol' train face.

Go watch Kotetsu Jeeg.

It's not just italians, i watched all that shit here in spain.

honorary aryan genetics

Hey kids, wanna see some weird shit?

No, nobody here wants to see nigger animals.

Ranma and zodiac knights was pretty popular in tacoland

pinches indios

fixed

Chicho terremoto era lo mejor.

Conceptually Ground Zeroes was great, a dark story, new engine, high realism etc.

Problem is when you take a closer look the story was a quick tie in, the game lasted 20 minutes, there was lensflare and dimples everywhere, and the gameplay consisted of marking enemies and getting punished for playing it like a stealth game most of the time.

the japs liked undertale :^)

If it was Zarina, got you covered meu familiar

Biggest Japan colony outside of Japan has its influences, like the other user said, we had a fuckload of anime and toku ever since the 70's until the early 2000's The Street Fighter II: Victory anime was broadcasted a few MONTHS after airing in Japan. Every generation had their heroes, National Kid, Ultraman, Spectreman, Speed Racer, Changeman, Flashman years before Power Rangers were even a thing, Juspion, Kamen Rider Black(RX), SFII:V, Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon, DBZ and many more were broadcasted on national television. DBZ and Saint Seiya were fuckhuge on these parts I think only Pokémon came to the same levels of popularity with children. And then the Internet became a thing and weebs flourish on webforums and their own events to the point of being self sustained even if television for children is pretty shitty now.

Since when don't japs like violence? It's heaps in manga and anime, and their games are perverted as fuck so…?

Italy and Japan love themselves mutually

Since not so long ago. Sure, some of their games and animes have tons of violence, but violent animus are censored up the wazoo in TV due to laws

You mean they have new censorship laws

What the fuck was that and why didn't it air where I live?
I was also too busy watching Los caballeros del Zodiaco, Dragon Ball, Pokemon and Digimon, too

Italy is the only country that has had the OVA translated and dubbed. The dubs aren't so bad either.
The only other country that I recall being heavily into dweeb stuff is for some reason Saudi Arabia. I'll never understand why but they fucking love eighties anime.

unfortunately there's not much culture left over there in those countries. so you'll have to do with the split between japanese and the jews i mean the west

this is old news

want gore/tiddies/loli poon? better buy a BD

This image is rife with opportunity for shopping

DeDeDeDe has a bunch of talk about vidya and playing FPS
hell one chapter is just one of the girls playing the game and an american talking to her

You must have been really bad at playing it like a stealth game, user.

I always thought westaboo was, like weeaboos, just a joke.

They are all too real user.

I like DeDeDeDe however I've noticed a trend in Jap seinen.
The idea that Japan can fight off America AND China.

Nip's inability to evaluate the reality of a situation is aggravating.

Traditional Japanese houses are being abandoned and demolished in favor of modern western-style houses, this has been going on for 70 years, that's how prevalent westaboos are.

More like that's how hard america fucked Japan during WW2.

Apparently you get them in their games, Dungeon Traveler 2 on the vita has one, and it's not a localization thing.

For example.
Akira balanced it perfectly, the U.S gets involved sends their fucking navy over not Bureaucrats, equipped with people knowledgeable of the situation.
The American squad they send over though under-equipped manages to kill several psychics.

Meanwhile Modern manga, would depict America sending over a bureaucrat, we somehow stealing money or being dependent on Japan.
Also the Japanese military being superior to our own.
I couldn't stop laughing when Gates depicted the CIA getting taken out by a single dude who of course IS ALSO AN OTAKU.
US OTAKUS RIGHT XDDD

It's just wishful thinking.
There's a lot of /k/ autists in japan, they're called "military otaku" or something like that.

Basically imagine scrawny NEETs that spend all their money purchasing guns and discussing the technical aspects of every single gun, veicle, tank, and basically every single aspect of mechanical components of shit used in wars, that watch war animu and shit like Girls Und Panzer all day, but if they were ever put in a real life war situation they would literally shit their pants in fear and die on the spot because they're gigantic nerd pussies.

Thankfully this is purely a japanese phenomenon and it has no western equivalent.
Absolutely no western equivalent at all.
You'll never meet the western version of this specific type of otaku.
Ever.
Especially not on this very site.
There's none of them here, at all.

Doesn't change the fact that they're all westaboos now and have been since before you fags were born.

This picture is fucking retarded why isn't she wearing any kind of armor

Is she suicideing herself?

Was also meant to

The Meiji Restoration was basically Japan as a country going westaboo.

The OVA was dubbed in English too, user.

Japs are right you know. It's not like they are racists or hate foreigners, is that they simply treat foreigners as… foreigners.

Chio is prime little sister material, would headpat and embarrass/10

The western equivalent has a lot of varietyyou've got the knife fighting violence otakus whom are all secretly oozing deep seated resentment for the world cause they were bullied in school and desire to be a strong badass so they can hurt and punish people that they feel "deserves it", you've got tacticool CoD kitties and armchair warriors, then you've got the McDojos. Honestly the list goes on.

Isn't JoJo all about a group of japs, a dog, and a sand nigger traveling the middle east to stop an ebul aryan man from awakening or shit like that.

Each part has it's own plot, and their gang in part 3 is a burger, a frog, 2 japs, a dog and a kebab

You needed a dish to watch locomotion, it was the shit back in the day, had cartoons from all over the world, but it went 90% animoo later on and then it turned into animexsomething shit died when that happened

never said they were wrong.

Wait you can buy actual firearms in Japan?
New Game! made me think otherwise

pretty sure you can't.

You can buy the shit out of some airsoft replicas though.

How can you genuinely think weeaboos are a joke when western culture became a joke? You see all this "refugees welcome, fuck white people, woman power, LGBT rocks, FUCK TRUMP" shit? Do you fucking retards see that is non-existent in Japan and China? I like a culture like that. People should learn to be more humble or else you'll have the degeneracy we have now in the west. The west was once the best, but now I believe that a down to earth culture is better.

This.
In the BOII worldmap, Japan always glows like a little wonky sun.

You're an idiot.
Also go home, John.

Snowden did a decent amount of damage to their reputation, does that count?

Japan has ridiculously stringent and authoritarian social values that are way out of proportion with any definition of 'humble'
Sure, being a self-defeating cuck is immensely worse in almost all aspects, absolutely, but Japan is definitely not humble.

Does grorious nihon have a social 'crab in bucket' or 'tall poppy' syndrome?

made remember that they had a tournament or what not and the winner gets a new CoD game
also they made this artbook or some sort

Airsoft is massive in Japan specifically because it's pretty much impossible to own a gun for 99% of the population.

It's more 'STICK IN YOUR FUCKING PLACE' syndrome. Also 'Work yourself to death, or at least look like you are, to make your senile useless boss richer, than spend all night drinking with him instead of seeing your family so he feels important' syndrome.

Their birthrate is rock bottom mostly because nobody has any time or opportunity to make babies. That and their gender roles are 1950s tier, but it's impossible to afford a family on a single salary.

except 50s america is when the baby boom happened you reddit clod

Baby Boomers were the greatest generation so it makes sense, they helped bring Trump into power for goodness sake

Where do these newfags come from? Is Holla Forums trying to get more cancer by advertising in reddit?

All communists will hang.

The Boomers are the children of the Greatest Generation, pinko.

We're currently on step 3.

Yes.

Every single character in Jin-Roh looks asian
Also, the two cops that work at the jail in the first episode of Stardust Crusaders
I can't think of any others

Yeah western culture is obviously superior, but this is a video game board and quite frankly nips make better games.

No questions.

Yes, but what he's saying is still true read some comments on nip gaming website or 2ch, they're always bashing western games for being bloody and violent.

All of them. Have you been to Japan? They're far more western than they are Japanese or Asian or whatever the fuck they pretend to be now.

Well, they're right about that. Western games (at least the popular ones) are usually the same shit over again cowadooty clone or other edgy garbage like GTA instead of just being straight fun like Mario games are. This isn't even including the idiotic SJW garbage into the mix Western games are plagued with now. The Japanese games industry is just objectively superior when all these aspects are accounted for.

The commercial you posted reminded me, Streets of Rage and Final Fight are both pretty directly inspired by Streets of Fire which was fucking huge in Japan.
Plus Andore and Haggar in Final Fight are blatantly Andre the Giant and Jesse the Body Ventura respectively.

I know that a couple of Undertale doujins were released during previous Comikets. Is that westaboo enough?

Except that this is completely wrong.

I still find it funny how nearly every german weeb I meet used to play Ragnarok Online.

Me included.

So, how bad are they?

Akira
Spirited Away?
umm…. Akira?
i got nothing

Shit i forgot how popular Undertale was in Japan, same case can be made with Overwatch

The Japanese dream is to fucking King Arthur in a kimono so you tell me.

I have no idea what i'm talking about - the post.

I see nothing wrong with this dream. What are you trying to say?

even their own kind hates westaboos

whats the anime?

Probably because brazil has the highest population of japanese people outside of japan itself

Was that a rant directed at Nasu?

This looks like they either the guy needs to stop acting like a fag, or the girl needs to become more cultured and pick up a fucking book.

I have no idea why but Japan fucking loves Columbo for some reason. To make this video games related, I think the Pokemon Gumshoos is supposed to be based off him.

She's a school shooter, obviously.

why is there a big ass hairball on the lower right