Game world is set in a fantasy/scifi setting

Why do devs keep limiting themselves? I'm in the mood for an turn/tactic/action rpg but i want the party to be composed by mostly non-human characters. Be it robots, lizards aliens or original creatures. What games do you reccomend?

I bet you won't play even one game recommended ITT, you serial masterbaiter.

But in the unlikely case you will, try Wizardry or Might & Magic series. Or Albion for full frontal furry.

fucking 10/10 creativity

Breath of Fire I & 2 (not sure about the rest of series) have about 70% non-human parties

The industry is shit.

Strange Journey

SaGa Frontier (robots)
Final Fantasy Tactics (all different kinds of monsters)

3&4 are pretty much the same. One dragon who looks like a human, one angel, one dog/cat person, one humanoid with animal ears and then some weird stuff like a walking onion/armor to fill it out the party where necessary.

5 is all human arguably, though.

errytiem
Why devs do this?

WHAT IS FINAL FANTASY 12

Yeah I guess you couldnt recruit monsters, huh? Tactics Ogre did but I assume I'm shit at the game because they were never very good for me (though i had a white dragon with a T shape stun attack)

Kowtowing to ugly feminists in hopes of getting a pity fuck.

Actually now that I think about it this has also become a major purchase contributer for me.

If a game isn't going to even put in the effort to have some interesting character designs then it's definitely not going to give enough of a shit to have actual engaging characters. Throwing 'girl in steam punk armor' or 'totally not an edgelord Rouge/Assassin' in the party isn't interesting character design and their 'quirky' behavior is not helping.

The part that's unforgivable about this is you have a ready made resource to deal with it with the God damn furries. Yeah, we should be beyond just slapping a furry race or two in the setting and calling it a day but since the industry can't even manage that I'm going to call them out for it. There's an entire fucked up community out there dedicated to make weird beast man races look as 'appealing' as possible to look at but rather than just do a quick Google search you'd rather put a pink haired white mage human in the party with the 'zany' twist that she's a bit of a sadist. Fuck you, give me lizardmen.

This thread will degenerate into "why can't I romance a space bullfrog alien? Fuck western devs" like every time.

What kind of magic is that bird using to achieve lift off? Even without the weight of weapon and armor, the wings are far too small.

At that point we just have to ignore the thread until it disappears.
For now i played:
The first two breath of fire
rougue galaxy
final fantasy tactics
magical starsign
legend of grimrock
Disgaea

Those are the only one i remember having at least 50% or more of the party made of non-human.

Air magic, duh.

The next Divinity game is going to have lizards playable, now that I think about it.

Because devs want their dating sim/romance mechanics on the side and they don't want to risk a bestiality controversy. Could you imagine the headlines if the newest Mass Effect game let you fuck space slugs?

You just can't win

Come on, user

you can make full nonhuman parties in
avernum and geneforge series

Legend of Grimrock 1n2

Or a dwarf. Dungeon Siege, here I come.

If lots of people don't want to play those, the faggots making the games won't make races beyond the boring humanoid template. Fuck everything.

Gross.

Fuck you faggot Guild Wars was perfect the way it was. The game gained literally nothing except shit by adding the option for different races. More than that, it took away what uniqueness the pre-existing races had by "humanizing" them more. The Sylvari could have been creepy plant men; they became the special snowflake race. The Charr were a savage race that would never be at peace with humanity; they became an anti-theist furbait race. And let's not even get started on the Asura. The Norns were the only race that arguably didn't get shafted by the change.

Hell, fucking Eye of the North was where all of this shit started by adding the large pool of non-human party members. The Asura were much more interesting in the original notes for Utopia, and the Charr didn't really gain anything; they were just "a little different".

It's a good thing they never actually went through and made GW2, though. It would be a shame if such a game existed.

You're not wrong. Nine times out of ten, anatomy will be forgotten and it will go the cheep and easy route.

Why make a character that could be cool by having special anatomy perks in combat or special skills when you could just slap a human "but totally not a human, guys" in the game place and bullshit an excuse?

Thing is, you don't even have to go just for the furries, though they can be a good starting place. Find the people who use interesting species, such as the mantis in your fourth image who seems to be a combination belly dancer and blade assassin.

ONE WHO CONSORTS WITH BEASTS

Not to mention the crustacean jihad in the desert and the Stalker goblins in the deadlands. Or the plant races like cactites and mandragoras.

If the dev added otherwise shit like this happens >>11793431 or…
people will think u like clank
degenerate scalie

The audience, no matter what, always thinks "can I fuck it"; in addition to them assuming the developer wants to fuck it.
So, in essence, devs are fucked; unless they simply don't care about a possible audience being completely turned off to the game (pun intended).

I guess you can play most of those races in FFTA 2 :^)

If you're alright with indieshit or lolrandumshit, check out Pit People. The game's got like 16 other non-human races you can recruit to your team, and they all have different skills and strategies for their usage. Plus, I'm pretty sure Behemoth is cool indie-wise.

Then you should kill yourself.

Are there any games where it's just fantasy races and no humans at all

I mean, it's about as much lolrandumshit as any other Behemoth game. You remember Alien Hominid and Castle Crashers, right? It's basically Castle Crashers in tone but instead of being about knights in a medieval fantasy land it's about gorgons and cupcake people in a weird post-apocalyptic fantasy land.

Say what you will about the original Xeboblade, but not only did it force an annoying mascot race character into the party, but he was also a good character in the story and a pretty decent character in battle with some insane support skills. Xenogears couldn't do that, fuck Chuchu.

Both are shit.

What are you? some sort of slugphobe bigot!?
Check your privilege, you bestiality-hating cis-scum, its current year!
twenty-fucking-seventeen!