Confirmed only 15 Levels

Lel, Nintendrones will still defend this

3D is a gimmick, when will the real Mario game come out?

Other urls found in this thread:

shmuplations.com/mario64/
youtube.com/watch?v=5zGUoiNFxTs
forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=31255
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The first thing you do after coming out of cryogenic sleep is shitpost on Holla Forums?

Mario 64 is not fun.

Great thread OP.

The Nintendo 64 is not a good console.

B-B-But Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda game ever…!!!11!!1!

20 years ago Holla Forums didn't exist
how did he get here?

He had to navigate through ancient BBS posts to get here

Only the cool kids knew about Holla Forums back in those days.

Lol, Nintendo 64 is for kids, go play Resident Evil on Playstation.

I'm shiting myself in this resident evil mansion, the graphics are so real, it's incredible. I never played a game in 3d like this.

No jokes, i like the Nintendo 64 but my father only give the PSX for me, Nostalgia in Super Mario world. Snes was awesome

why are you playing that game, its too real and scary for me. Re sux!
Play crash bandicoot instead ok. -johnny84

Backdrops are fucking 2d, you idiot.

Sonic games have faster gameplay with more variation, you just wait for Sonic Xtreme.

Holla Forums has come to

Miyamoto himself has talked about the development process for this game.
shmuplations.com/mario64/
In other words, he spent so much time getting the basic controls and camera right that there was barely any time for content before the N64 released.

To be fair, this was Miyamoto's first venture into 3D, and he's not a programmer, which means the more technically involved realm of 3D graphics isn't one of his strong points.

The other thing worth noting:
That’s a philosophy we’ve stuck to at Nintendo, too, but I figured that if this game was this fun to play even if you weren’t getting anywhere, well, it must be alright.
With the extra dimension of space, placing enemies in the path of the player becomes a very different experience- you don't have to jump over the enemy, you can just walk around it.
For Super Mario 64, Miyamoto ultimately decided to change the gameplay of Mario for 3D rather than try to solve this problem. So Super Mario 64 became a very different thing from the 2D Marios of the past.

I think that it worked really well for the time, when Nintendo was the only company putting out a controller with an analog control stick, and everyone was experiencing 3D games for the first time.
Whether the game has aged well or stands up well to today's standards is a different story.

Nintendo can't make a real Zelda, Metroid, or Mario game.

Isn't that the point of a platformer?

not to the degree sunshine has its "the secret of" levels

Makes me wonder how many Odyssey will have since we've only seen 4 worlds so far

HUUUUUUUUGH

Top KEK! 64-bit confirmed for useless gimmick! Who do you faggots think no computers besides workstations even uses 64-bit?

But the secrets levels were the best part of the game

kek

Majora's Mask only has four dungeons?! WTF? It will be over in an hour!

Dubs of truth. I came here to post this.

not much has changed

For some reason I find that extremely comforting

Just you wait, Sega always does what Nintendon't.
After Sony craps out, it will be back to just Sega and the Big N (For Nerds, No Lifes, and Niggers)
May you rue the day you crossed Sega, and may Segata Sanshiro have mercy on your soul.

You wouldn't?

except Playstation came out 2 years earlier

Mario 64 was basically a rip off of Croc which Nintendo stole ideas from when they saw it in 1995, and the Saturn released its 3D analog pad just before the N64 came out.

I thought Sony's just about Walkmans and kickass TVs, not some obscure console with no good games except for Resident Evil and Crash Bandicoot

This is basically how people shitposted in the late 90's on random usenet groups and early forums.
It was a different time.
pic unrelated

Doesnt sound so different to me.

Sonic has staying power, unlike Lamio. 20 from now I guarantee Sonic will be the head of the market and people will ask "Mario who?"

N64 is shit. Have fun with your babby cartridges. I'll be over here on the Saturn and PS1 enjoying my voice acting and full motion video. Games like Parappa the Rapper are literally not possible on N64. And Crash Bandicoot is better than Mario 64 anyway.

I don't care if I have to wait 20+ years, it will be worth it.

youtube.com/watch?v=5zGUoiNFxTs

forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=31255